April 17, 2014 | 1845 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Super+ BB Cream Pink Label

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by lalitadarcy

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm just going to go ahead and give this product a 5. Currently I have three foundations on rotation, Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse, Bobbi Brown Lasting Finish, and this one, and over the last few days I have been reaching happily for my BB cream over my traditional base options. I'm very pale and unfortunately prone to acne so I feel absolutely naked without foundation on, and this is absolutely perfect for when I want to give my skin a break yet still feel confident. You don't need much, the strange greyish cast of this product blends out beautifully if applied in a thin layer, and will adapt to the color of your skin. However, this adaptive quality only works if you are naturally pale; I do not recommend this product for anyone above a MAC NC20-25. I am not sure of its beneficial qualities, the "wrinkle free" claim is not particularly important to me as a 20 year old, however I have found that it doesn't break me out and also can be used without a moisturizer underneath, making it perfect for travel. With an SPF of 25+++ this is brilliant for traveling as it works as your sunscreen, moisturizer, and foundation in one, saving you space and weight in your luggage (if decanted into a smaller container, the bottle itself is quite large but really good value and cute as well). It also does an incredible job of minimizing the appearance of pores and smoothing the skin. The secret to this product is really the application, brushes and sponges do not work, rather pump a pea sized amount to the back of your hands and smooth over areas where it is needed. Concealer will be needed to cover stubborn acne but I do find that it camouflages scarring well, and when set with a translucent powder (I recommend MAC Prep and Prime) wears well and appears super natural.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by celloplum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Edit: It's been about a year since I started using this product. I am shocked that I have just purchased my third bottle. I have never used the same fdtn/tm for this long. I initially liked the packaging, then grew to dislike it because I couldn't see how much was left. When I ran out this morning, I discovered it's pretty easy to take apart the pump. Just take apart each plastic piece until you are left with the white container. Then, unscrew the top portion. This way you can really get all of the product out.

Cons:
-light, sheer coverage
-can leave skin dewier than desired
-possibly scent

Pros:
-really minimizes pores
-helps fade acne scars
-does not clog pores
-buildable
-price is usually decent
-overall improves quality of skin

Will definitely repurchase and check out other products from Skin 79.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by tobacco_flower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This colour is actually quite dark, but not as dark as Missha's Watery BB cream. It starts off with a greyish cast, but tones down somewhat to my skin colour. Hate the packaging, because it's big and bulky, not good for traveling. Price was alright, got a big discount at Watsons (think it cost less than SGD 26.00?). Won't be repurchasing because it has almost no oil control and I was a bit of a grease-pan at the end of say 4-5 hours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by chi77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got a miniature size to try and don't really like it. The coverage is sheer. The shade is ok. If you have good clear skin and don't have a single blemish, this should do well. It isn't oily or dry. But it doesn't cover the pores. I won't purchase the full size cause I prefer Dr G and BRTC.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by kaybeeyh83

I am currently using this product and for me it's okay. I bought it because I read all the good reviews on it and decided to give it a try. Before I bought this product, I was using Dr. Jart's black bottle BB cream and that made my skin really dry, which bothered me when applying makeup on smoothly. So I had to find another BB cream or foundation. Also since winter is approaching, I need something to hydrate my skin for the season. That's when I saw the Skin79 pink bottle BB cream and purchased it on ebay. The bottle is pretty pink, which was a plus for me. I've been using it for about a month. It's not too heavy on my skin. It doesn't give me the full coverage I need for my acne scars (which the bottle didn't say it would), but it has lighten my face and skin color. I haven't had any major breakouts from it, but when I do from my monthly cycle it doesn't help either. So far this product hasn't dried out my face like the Dr. Jart. And yes, a little dot or one pump of this goes a long way. I think this product will last me 6 months to a year and I use it everyday too. So, I will continue to use it until it is done. Maybe when the bottle is empty I will see better results.

Edit: So I got tired of waiting on getting results from this BB cream that it promise to give on all those online advertisement and went to the next best thing, Bobbi Brown Creme Foundation. Bobbi Brown has beaten my Skin79 BB cream. Skin79 was too white on my face. But for Bobbi Brown the shade (warm beige 4.5) is perfect and it glides on smoothly.
So overall, Skin79 is not all bad in a way. It is good for people who has very light skin color and not a lot of acne. But unfortunately for me who has alot of acne and not so very light skin, it didn't work out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by sw33twasabi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i like it because of the packaging (pink color). it has more thicker texture then the gold label one. and it doesn't really match my skin tone(yellow) . so i give the rate only 3. different ppl hv different skin tone. so it might work for you. who knows

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the first bb creams I've tried and I've tried quite a lot. I'm Asian with NC35-37 skin and obviously, it's too light for me. The shade is rather grayish, so if you are very yellow-toned, this might not work for you. I find that topping it with darker compact powder resolves the issue, but that makes it feel a bit too heavy for me to wear at daytime. It makes my skin look dewy upon application but at the end of the day, I look rather "dirty" (because it oxidized on me). Oil control is so-so, it really depends on your skin type. I think it would work if you don't live in such a humid place like I do. Last but not least, I'm not sure if it's suitable for acne prone skin because it broke me out pretty bad (with cysts!).

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Punkeh

They recently came out with a new packaging that ensures no fraudulent BB creams are out to harm people. It is super popular in Korean and for asians (including me XD) so I bought this on Ebay for 15$ max and I love it.

It comes out grayish first and it scared me but once I blended it on my face, it oxidizes to my skintone, I have yellow undertones but on the light/medium borderline kind of shade. I don't like foundations that people sell in America... so I go for BB creams, it's known to whiten your skin and to add SPF to it (which is great for summer!). A little goes a long way when you pump it out, so it will last me for a while. Though the packaging could improve on the nozzle as it is not as hygienic as I think it would be because the remaining BB cream that's at the nozzle would contact bacteria and you'll be putting that on your face the next time you use it. So I keep it in my box (the packaging it came with) so there's no extra air particles that try to get in as easily.
This hasn't made my skin break out yet though it is a bit creamy/heavy, the scent is light so it doesn't bother me. On a really hot humid summer day I might not wear this as I am scared that I will sweat it off and make it run.

If I run out, I might repurchase or try other brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Tresor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I like this, but not love this. It amazingly covers everything, but on my NC20 skin, it's just too dark, a touch too pinky grey. Plus, I am suddenly looking greasy in the t-zone. Didn't notice my pores shrinking either.

UPDATE: Well, I gave this a break for a week, then returned. It's definitely this product that makes my face an oil slick, particularly the T-zone. I used a setting powder on top and still, I am shiny. I thought this was for oily/combo skin?

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by jessicanoles

I wanna love this stuff, actually, I do, but it breaks me out. :( When I first put it on, it made my face look great (I use a sponge). I have pale skin and it blended to my skintone perfectly. Made my face look fresh and dewy and I felt my best with it on. After about a week of wearing it though, my skin broke out. I discontinue, face gets clear, and try again (cuz i love it so much!). Face breaks out again. OH WELL better luck next time.

The packaging is super lovely. Feels a little heavy on the skin but evens out skintone nicely. I've tried the Gold lable too, but I prefer the pink because it seems to cover up better. My suggestion is to buy the sample sizes first to see how it reacts to your skin.