Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

on 3/14/2011 4:36:00 PM

I thought I'd just add my two cents to review this product. I have really dark, chronic dark circles under my eyes that are bad enough to prompt people to tell me that I look tired at least several times a week. Out of desperation I bought this product hoping that it could at least make a dent in them (I realize that nothing is going to work a miracle). Before this I was using Neutrogena 3in1 concealer which was too thick and the color too off for my skin tone to look natural. With this, I just swipe it on and blend it quickly in, no fuss and no worrying about how it looks. This doesn't completely eliminate my circles but it does make them greatly reduced and I love that it doesn't crease and is fairly fool-proof. The thin consistency of this actually helps with the blending in my opinion and the color spot-on for me.

on 3/14/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i really like this concealer. i like the packaging too, easy to apply. however, i think there is not much product and it's expensive somewhat for a drugstore brand. i will buy it again thought because it works well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

After hearing so many youtuber's review this and rave about it, I finally bought it and Love it!! I've never worn it alone, I wear it over my MAC Select MoistureCover concealer, so I cannot comment on how it wears by itself but I love the brightness it gives the under eye area. It's not insanely bright, it's a nice luminous look. I will re-purchase for sure.

on 3/7/2011 1:18:00 AM

This stuff is the bomb! My eyes have gotten darker with age, on both the undereye area and lids, and these areas are often pink from using Latisse. I apply this all over these areas, and I look like I've had a week of sleep. No concealer needed! Luckily the tint is exactly right for me. No matter how close to the lash line I put it, my eyes don't get bloodshot or irritated, and it doesn't settle into my fine lines like my concealers do, or cause my mascara to smudge. If anything, it's a great primer. Love it!

on 3/4/2011 11:37:00 AM

This is more of an undereye brightener than a concealer. It has a very natural look. Not a lot of blending required. Great if you don't want to put on full coverage makeup but still brighten up under eye circles. I notice when I put mine on, it seems to take a few minutes to work. Once it sets, it looks great.

on 3/2/2011 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This alone is not a miracle worker but it is a WONDERFUL prep for my MAC prolongwear concealer. I just really brightens my dark shadows and helps the area stay bright all day, whereas with concealer alone I would start to get shadows by mid afternoon.!
UPDATE: I agree with the reviewer below that you need to roll it on, let it sit a minute, then blend. Works REALLY well when you do this!

Good concealer. Cant really say that my dark circle are getting lighter but it does cover them well. I wouldnt say however that it is for people with really dark under eyes. I have some darkness but they arent very dark. Is not heavy at all so it never cakes. Also really brightens under eyes.

on 2/27/2011 10:12:00 AM

Was using my Walmart $50 gift-card so I thought why not give this prodcut a go. The sheer tint made it look it was my undereye concealer, and I really hated it. I'd rather it be a clear gel-like consistency that would become a skincare product rather then a make-up product. =T The tint didn't even cover my dark circles and I didn't feel any cooling sensation. This product has a better review than my personal experience after purchasing. Overall, I was disappointed and would rather stick to an undereye concealer of some sort than this. As another member noticed, the product starts spilling out if it's unused in the space between the container and the rollerball, resulting in waste of product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I read all of the reviews on MUA and set out for Target to give this product a shot. I really wanted to like this product, the premise is amazing - but in the end it didn't work for me.

The PROS...
*definately affordable ($11.39)
*easy to apply
*rollerball is cooling on puffy eyes
*didn't become 'cakey' on my skin

The CONS...
*only one color currently available ('sheer tint')
*unused product stays exposed on rollerball (messy)
*wears off relatively quick
*may need to be used in conjunction with another concealer

I honestly belive that this product is on a person-to-person basis. The 'sheer tint' color made me look like I had jaundice, a real yellow-ish undertone. I wore this product for an hour and when I looked back to the mirror I didn't see much product left. I would suggest to anyone looking ot purchase this product to pick it up with limited expectations and make sure you buy it from a store with a return policy that accepts open/used products. With that, don't be too discouraged to try it - it may work for you!

So, after reading the reviews on MUA about this product, I decided to give it a go and try it. I bought it at Target for a little over $11. My eyes don't get very puffy in the mornings, but if I have a few nights of little sleep, I get dark circles in the inner corners of my eyes.

I am very pale, cool-toned, some freckles, and this product works wonders. The concealer shade blended very well with my skin. Coverage was actually really well. Also, I noticed it didn't sink into some of the fine lines I have under my eyes...bonus!!! I gave it 4 stars because it seemed to wear off after a few hours.

It has a cooling effect on the skin, which is also nice. I'm impressed with the coverage of this product-it really works! I have tried many concealers before. I was last using MakeUp Forever's Lift Concealer. This $11 product works even better for me. I will most likely be purchasing this again...