eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

on 5/24/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my third eos lip balm purchase. I have literally bought every flavour available at my local drugstore. I like summer fruit better than honeysuckle but not as much as sweet mint. My rommate, on the other hand, loves this one. She likes sweet flavours as opposed to minty. Either way the lip balm is fantastic. The price is great and the packaging is so cute. I will definitely be repurchasing! 4 lippys from me!

on 5/19/2012 2:52:00 AM

I love the creative packaging of the product and the nice scent to it. The scent though, came off as a little artificial. The lip balm itself is moisturizing and doesn't leave a sticky feeling to my lips. When i licked my lips, the lip balm have a sweet taste to it so it's a plus. I feel that it's good enough lip balm and am considering to purchase other scents.

on 5/18/2012 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Best lip balm, hands down. Before I bought this, my lips used to be chapped and you could see the dead skin flakes. Gross. So I bought this and now my lips are like silk! When you first apply it, it's kinda plastic-y but after that, it glides on really nicely. This is my lip essential. I think it smells like plastic and fruit but I've gotten used to the smell and I love it! It's also really cute and fun to play with. I highly recommend it!

on 5/18/2012 1:04:00 PM

If your lips are really dry, this isn't for you... I've certainly used more effective lip balms. But for everyday use, it's great. I can find it easily in my purse while driving because it doesn't mimic the shape of my lipstick. it's easy to use. The flavor isn't great, kinda like sweet vasilne. Overall, I'll buy it again because the unique shape and pleasant texture encourages me to use lip balm when I don't ordinarily.

on 5/15/2012 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The scent kind of reminds me of candy. The packing is cute but it gets awkward to apply once you flatten the ball. Unfortunately, this balm is way too waxy and drying for my lips.

on 5/14/2012 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got a set of three of these as a gift, and I like them. The Summer Fruit balm smells kind of like a mix of peach and cantaloupe. It's nice. Pretty moisturizing. I've definitely used worse balms, but have probably used better, as well. Since I have three of these, I don't see any need to repurchase any time in the near future. I find the packaging a little annoying, only because it takes up too much space in my purse. Once again, this is a product that I wish I could give a 3.5 to.

on 5/7/2012 11:42:00 PM

So, I bought the SummerFruit one, hoping it would be absolutely delicious-smelling, and was seriously let down. It didn't smell like fruit at all. It smelled like wax, or plastic, and tasted like it too. I must've gotten a bad balm, but it's disappointing after spending 3.15 on it. About 2 weeks later (today) I got a mint one, and it smells great. It is a little drying after a while, but it's so fun.

It's disheartening to think that I could try buying another one and it could be that original waxy smell/taste.

on 4/23/2012 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love all the eos lip balms, including this one. It was one of the first ones I tried, and I was very impressed. It smells/tastes good, the packaging is to die for, I love the color, itz not expensive, and it lasts forever! Not only that, itz very natural and organic, which I love! Just plz don't let it fell, if it's opened, it could get all gross and dirty, and if unopened, it could end up rolled away. Careful when using this in a movie theater are any other dark public places XD

on 4/22/2012 10:02:00 PM

I would recommend people to have exfoliated and healthy lips when trying this. EOS provides a VERY light coverage, and unless your lips are free of dead skin cells and all that gunk, you may not experience the full miracle of EOS. :P

---------
I became a fan of EOS about two years ago. I was at first very skeptical about this product because I have tried other brands that were advertised as 100% natural that just didn't cut it for me. I figured that this wouldn't be any different, even if this one is actually certified organic. I assumed it was just hype because of its unique packaging. I finally decided to get 2 while they were on sale, and needless to say, EOS has quickly jumped to the top of the list for favorite lip balms.

Summerfruit was my first, which has an incredibly deliciously sweet scent. The first thing that came to my mind was those peach sugar ring candies that I used to eat as a little kid. You know those peach rings candies that are sugar coated, orange on top, white on the bottom, shape of a donut? Yeah!! I swear the Summerfruit smells just like that. It contains extracts from strawberries, blueberries, and peaches, but I only smell the peach.

In order for a lip balm to even make my short list of top faves, it has to be of high enough quality to fully make every sign of dryness from my lips disappear, and fast! The part of my lips that are always dry is the lining where they meet, probably because of the airflow. EOS did just that! It had managed to make my lips completely soft, with the nice scent and flavor.

Please note that everyone is different, and thus reacts differently. There are a lot of lip balms that have high ratings and is always raved about, but seriously do not work for me. EOS in my opinion is one of the best lip balms I have ever tried, the quality, the scent, the taste, there is very little to talk bad about with this product. Anyway, onto the negatives lol!!!

CONS:
The only cons I can think of is (NOTE that this varies from person to person), before discovering EOS late in the winter, I had used a very heavy thick consistency lip balm to protect my lips from the cold weather. I know some people feel that EOS may be too thick or waxy, but in my opinion, EOS has the lightest coverage I have ever felt. In my opinion, I do not like this very much because I feel that not enough product is on my lips to protect it. Remember that I had been using a heavy lip balm prior. EOS gives me a very natural look, with a very light coverage (I can barely feel it on my lips), but this also impresses me because it manages to keep my lips soft and moisturized, regardless that I can barely feel it on my lips. That is a plus!

The second con is the re-capping process. When I was new to the EOS sphere, I always ended up scraping thin tiny amounts of the product because of clumsy recapping. Of course through time I became more experienced and careful, but I do in fact need to be quite careful whenever I recap. I have never had an EOS that didn't form a scrape line near the base of the ball product. I guess this happens to everyone.

The price also kind of drew me away from even purchasing it in the first place, considering that it would have been the most I have ever spent on a lip balm. However I am glad I did buy it. I am glad that I am getting a good high quality lip balm even if I am paying a bit more.
EOS lip balm for life!!!...or..until they come up with something better. :)

on 4/22/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product, because it's cute in appearance and smells pretty good. However, I don't, because it's not moisturizing enough and has a waxy texture. Also, after using it for a couple months, it made my lips itchy and turn black. Needless to say, I will not try it again.

Popular Lip Treatments

Baby Lips Lip Balm
Baby Lips Lip Balm
Prep + Prime Lip
Prep + Prime Lip
Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk