September 30, 2014 | 2017 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by skiblu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Even though I have really dark almost black hair and brows, I got this in "Light". I always have problems finding eyebrow kits or pencils that don't have a red undertone that makes them look unnatural, but I find that the lighter kits and pencils tend to not have that. So I can't speak of the other shades, but Light has NO red, which is great. Also, even though the powder is a light color, the wax itself is a medium brown, so when I put it on it comes out quite dark-- too dark actually when I applied it with a heavy hand (thinking I could since it was the Light kit). But I brushed a little out, and it is perfect. I do like the brush it comes with, but it is such a tiny short little thing I found it sort of hard to handle. Probably I will get used to it, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by remcakes

I LOVE THIS EYEBROW KIT! I have it in the medium color and it matches my hair color pretty well. It lasts all day and looks great. I use the brush it comes with and it works great for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by snickersaw943

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LASTS ALL FREAKIN DAY!!! Looks so natural and i can not believe how cheap it is ( i want to say $3 but i dont remember ). AMAZING PRODUCT.....just need to have a separate brush because the brush it comes with is not the greatest, coastal scents has some good and cheap ones :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Katweety

Love it. It is the lowest priced, best working, eyebrow product I've ever used ;o)

I thought it would be too light from the photos of the "dark" powder, but the gel makes this blend perfectly. I have sparse eyebrows and it was light enough to allow my natural brow to show, but dark enough to make it look natural.

I hope my brows still look great once I rinse my hair jet black. Until then, nothing replaces this product for me !

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by joongielover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Since I have black/brown hair, I have it in dark. It's a great dark shade for blackish brown hair. I've used some drugstore eyebrow pencils that aren't satisfactory for me because they're all too brown and looked very unnatural since my hair is more on the darker side. Too many pencils are too brown or light, but this dark wax gives a natural look, and makes my brows filled and not blotchy or odd. The powder side by itself is too light and brown for me but on top of the dark wax, it deepens the color and sets the wax. After applying the wax and powder, my brows don't feel waxy or hard, or anything. They're still soft, look and feel natural.
Highly recommended and will repurchase (if I run out XD).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by JazzyStef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this product. I had been using a revlon eyebrow pencil before this and the difference is amazing! I love the wax and color with the E.L.F eyebrow kit! I look forward to doing my eyebrows now every morning lol! I would definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by pillblast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. It's the second thing I tried for my eyebrows and it works wonders. I have pretty thick eyebrows and they need to be put in place and the wax does that for me, while the powder fills them in where needed. I use them in dark as I have dark hair and I feel that it darkens them just a bit, which I actually really like.

I would totally repurchase, but I think it will last forever since I don't do my eyebrows with it every day. Anyway, my go to product for eyebrows when I go out and I have some time to put in them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by aggiemaye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was on a budget (jeez that's a surprise) and wanted to try something different from my usual bodyshop brow pencil, which I have to repurchase quite often, as I continue to break it (clumsinessometer 10 out of 10). Anyway, after reading that it is quite dark I chose the light version.
The packaging is okay (especially for the price), nice that it has a mirror, if I'm on the go (of course I always forget one, with my memory of a 70 year-old dementia sufferer). HOWEVER, the applicator is (or was- I've dropped it and that was it) a bit crappy- real, real small. Overall, I loved the warm shade, which looks nice with my complexion.
I was very impressed withs the staying power- it did not smudge throughout the day and my brows, for the first time in my entire life stayed the way i wanted them to be.
On the other hand, people with a cooler and lighter hair and and skintone can find it diffucult to make it work for them.
As for me.... LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. Cheap, good and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Timkerbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this kit. The colour is a perfect match for me (kit in Medium) as I have auburn hair. It doesn't look red, but the brows do get a warm brown colour, so it may not suit everyone.
I am not a fan of the little brush that comes with it. I use the angled side for the wax/gel, but I use ELF's studio angled brush for the powder.

The packaging is nice, it doesn't look cheap and feels sturdy. The product will probably last a long time, but when it runs out I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by alovelyblush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this kit in light, and it's the best eyebrow kit for the cost I have found. The wax is tinted which I really like, and then the setting powder is light but it actually darkens up the wax once you apply it. I have blond/light brown hair so light was the perfect shade for me.

My only gripe about this is that the brush is TINY. It's really nice, but a little difficult to use. I bought an angled brush from the $1 line because I could tell from the website that the kit brush was too small, but it was too thick to give much control for my eyebrows. So instead I use that for shadow. I'm going to use the brush that comes with the kit until I can get a new brush, so it's not impossible to use, but not preferable. I would rather pay $5 for this kit, and get a flesh tone wax with the tinted wax and powder, and a brush that's a few inches longer so I can apply it better.

Otherwise this product is a great value for the price. It's only $3 from the studio line, and I've spent $4 on the N.Y.C. kit and it's not half as nice as the E.L.F. one. So I would still definitely purchase this again even though it does have a few flaws. You just can't be the quality for the cost.