L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

3.4

on 5/18/2009 12:40:00 PM

i usually don't like most mascaras because they make my eyelash too long and therefor smear everywhere. but i like this one because for me a least it works like it says.

on 5/17/2009 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I liked this formula, and I tried it after rejecting Voluminous (smeared horribly) and Telescopic (didn't do anything to lengthen my lashes). This formula doesn't smear and it gives me the great effects of lancome Definicils without the fancy pricetag. I'm trying to save $ lately so this is a good switchup.

EDITED: after wearing for a week, I noticed a lot of flaking. Too bad.

on 5/15/2009 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is one of the million mascaras that i will not repurchase, thouhgt it was going to be good with what the package claims but i guess they are just trying to sell their product, doesn't thicken all that well and lengthens ok but the formula is somewhat dry. the original voluminous is way better, don't waste your money on this, just another mediocre mascara, dont get fooled by eva longoria's picture next to the mascara she probably has 3 rows of falsies on!!!

on 5/8/2009 10:49:00 PM

I bought this because I love L'Oreal Voluminous mascara so thought this would be just as good. The color is disgusting. I bought the 'extreme black' and it is not black at all, it is GREY! It's also very clumpy and doesn't even come close to volumizing like Voluminous does. I'm just glad it didn't cost much so I could throw it away.

on 5/5/2009 1:05:00 AM

Worst mascara I ever tried! And I'm a mascara junkie, I've tried a lot! I found this to be clumpy, dry, flakey, even as I was applying it. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but it was so hard to apply it, there was just these little dried up bits in the mascara, which were really really dry and flakey. Horrible! It doesn't lengthen and volumise my lashes like normal mascaras do, at most it made them appear darker, and only at the base as it was so difficult to 'pull' the formula through to the tips of my lashes, it was that dry and horrible! Will not repurchase, in fact my tube is heading straight for the bin! Such a shame, considering the pretty packaging and the money I paid for it! Will be sticking to my CoverGirl Lash Blast and Max Factor 2000 Calorie next time.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I love this mascara :)

I saw this on display at Walmart, and I love Loreal mascaras. I haven't been buying Loreal lately, because I noticed that the formulas dry up really quickly, especially the waterproof formulas. But I saw the display for this Extra Volume Collagen mascara, and thought, what the heck, it's only $6 so I'll try it.

And I must say, I love this mascara. It's collagen based, so the formula is "softer" and when my mascara dries it doesn't flake or smudge at all. In fact I fell asleep with this mascara on and when I woke up my mascara was still in place - no flakes or smudges! Even tho this isn't a waterproof formula, I was impressed with the staying power. Plus, it washes off easily with water and facial cleanser.

It doesn't voluminize as dramatically as their Voluminous mascara, but it still gives you some volume and length. What wins me over is the formula - it doesnt clump or flake, and when it dries your lashes are not stiff at all, thanks to the collagen.

Works better for me than Cover Girl's LashBlast, not as dramatic as Loreal's Voluminous, but it has a better formula and still gives some volume and length without the stiffness. Very pretty lashes is what you end up with. Just do the normal application - start at the base of your lashes and wiggle side to side as you go out to the tip, and voila! Pretty pretty luscious lashes! Also, do your second (or third, or fourth, depending on how you feel that day!) while your first coat is still wet. I notice the second coat goes on smoother that way.

Love the packaging too! Makes it look like a high end mascara :) Gave it 4 lippies cause I've only had this for a couple of days, and doesn't give the dramatic lashes as much as the Voluminous, but I will definitely buy again for all the reasons stated above.

I must say.....I seen this product while I was in my local Harmon store...and it was wild because the figure of Eva Longoria hit me and was like WOW! And the wilder part was the next day I had a my grandmothers wake to go and I needed some things and among the things mascara was one....So...I bought this mascara in BLACKEST BLACK...not realizing that it wasnt waterproof..and guess what? It didnt run...and it will probably be one of the best mascara I will own! I love this mascara...it makes my lashes full and glossy! Very enhancing! And the smell is not overpowering vs. the Maybelline Super Clossal 9x one....I was impressed! The one thing I dont care for is the formula is a little loose and mushy when you pull the wand out of the tube....I got some of it on the palm of my hand....but other then that I definetly prefer it hands up to Maybelline's Giant Clossal 9x yellow tube! Will repurchase!!

on 5/4/2009 11:42:00 AM

Not the volume I expected! I am very disappointed. I used to buy L'Oreal Voluminous 4x and it was waaaaay better. When I saw the comercial for this new mascara I was very excited and thought that it would have all the qualities of the previous version (Voluminous 4x) and even more. But it's not even in the same zip code. I will certainly not buy it again!

on 5/3/2009 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This claims to be clump, flake, and smudge-free.
As for clumps, yes, it clumps like CRAZY! This is a very wet formula, which is odd for a volumizing mascara, most of which are drier. My lashes clumped up instantly. I had to comb through with my metal lash comb instantly. They still dried in spikes, and brushing out the spikes left flakes all over my lid. Which leads me to...
Flaking: Yes, it flakes. End of story.
Smudging: I found it absolutely impossible for this not to smudge on my lids and under my eyes. The formula is so wet, and the brush is so large, that it couldn't be avoided.
The brush is kind of hourglass-shaped, and has tons of bristles. It is huge, and hard to navigate around the inner and outer corners of my eyes. It is supposed to grab "each and every lash," but if I wedge it into the outer corners of my eyes to get those tiny lashes, it smears all over.
This is a good volumizing mascara. I don't think it is better than the original Voluminous, though. I like the packaging, which is sleek and only has the word L'Oreal on the tube. It doesn't smell wonky, either, which is a turn-off for me.
Finally, as a side note, I know when I read mascara reviews, part of what I think makes them so subjective is the technique we use to put on mascara. How I put it on is: start at the base of my lashes, and wiggle the brush up to the tips slowly. I then wiggle it around the tops of the lashes, and then work on the outer corners. Then, I hold the brush vertically and do a quick swipe on the tips.

This is an okay mascara for me. It doesn't give much length but does give good volume when built up. Does have a tendecy to clump so I do go over with an eyelash comb. The blackest black isn't as dark as I'd like. The packaging is a bit bulky. Doesn't feel heavy on my lashes and could hold a curl. What I do really like about this mascara is it doesn't smear or flake. Flaking is the biggest problem that I've had with other mascaras (Lash blast, Colossal, MF Extreme, etc) and it irritates the heck out of my eyes. This one stayed put all day and seriously through the next morning on a night I didnt wash my face. It's the only reason I'd repurchase. Otherwise, I think that Voluminous carbon black is a better option when it comes to dramatic lashes.