January 29, 2015 | 1961 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not the volume I expected! I am very disappointed. I used to buy L'Oreal Voluminous 4x and it was waaaaay better. When I saw the comercial for this new mascara I was very excited and thought that it would have all the qualities of the previous version (Voluminous 4x) and even more. But it's not even in the same zip code. I will certainly not buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by AimeeO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This claims to be clump, flake, and smudge-free.
As for clumps, yes, it clumps like CRAZY! This is a very wet formula, which is odd for a volumizing mascara, most of which are drier. My lashes clumped up instantly. I had to comb through with my metal lash comb instantly. They still dried in spikes, and brushing out the spikes left flakes all over my lid. Which leads me to...
Flaking: Yes, it flakes. End of story.
Smudging: I found it absolutely impossible for this not to smudge on my lids and under my eyes. The formula is so wet, and the brush is so large, that it couldn't be avoided.
The brush is kind of hourglass-shaped, and has tons of bristles. It is huge, and hard to navigate around the inner and outer corners of my eyes. It is supposed to grab "each and every lash," but if I wedge it into the outer corners of my eyes to get those tiny lashes, it smears all over.
This is a good volumizing mascara. I don't think it is better than the original Voluminous, though. I like the packaging, which is sleek and only has the word L'Oreal on the tube. It doesn't smell wonky, either, which is a turn-off for me.
Finally, as a side note, I know when I read mascara reviews, part of what I think makes them so subjective is the technique we use to put on mascara. How I put it on is: start at the base of my lashes, and wiggle the brush up to the tips slowly. I then wiggle it around the tops of the lashes, and then work on the outer corners. Then, I hold the brush vertically and do a quick swipe on the tips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an okay mascara for me. It doesn't give much length but does give good volume when built up. Does have a tendecy to clump so I do go over with an eyelash comb. The blackest black isn't as dark as I'd like. The packaging is a bit bulky. Doesn't feel heavy on my lashes and could hold a curl. What I do really like about this mascara is it doesn't smear or flake. Flaking is the biggest problem that I've had with other mascaras (Lash blast, Colossal, MF Extreme, etc) and it irritates the heck out of my eyes. This one stayed put all day and seriously through the next morning on a night I didnt wash my face. It's the only reason I'd repurchase. Otherwise, I think that Voluminous carbon black is a better option when it comes to dramatic lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by nancymarie

Mascara lengthes and thickens - BUT, it flakes too much and I can't stand that!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by asiaisthebest

I loved this mascara! I have been looking for the perfect volumizing mascara for a long time and I have found it!!! This mascara will give you thick, long, dark, gorgeous lashes that rival false lashes! The big fat brush makes it really easy and quick to apply. Lasts all day. No flaking or smearing. Very buildable.

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised at the negative reviews! This mascara works amazingly well for me. I don't get a lot of volume, but I get a lot of separation and length - my eyelashes look like fans. This is one of the better d/s mascaras out there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by mtack

This mascara felt like I was wearing a wateproof version. I actually took another look at the package to make sure it was the regular version. Got the blackest black and looked more like a soft black. Made my lashes brittle. Did nothing to my lower lashes. Did voluminized my upper lashes after I put 4 coats, but nothing the regular Voluminouis didn't do. Went to the trash!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by novamenci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst mascara ever! Just wishing it would do nothing at all, but it clumps and glues my lashes together. A total waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Weronika1174

At the first time when I tried that my lashes looked really bad, they looked really stickey and stuff..
but after two or three time of using its amazing!
Its really waterproof, you have to have a good make up remover to remove it from your lashes!

P.S Note that I have the waterproof one, because my local drugstore did not have normal one!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yuck! I picked this up at Walmart and tried it and I am so not impressed. My lashes looked clumpy and like spider legs. This is going back!