October 24, 2014 | 1729 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by CandyxKiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product!! My hair is constantly being exposed to heat and drying hair products because I'm a model and stylists are paid to tug, heat, and damage my hair. The only thing I have never done is color my hair, but still, I want to take care of my hair as best I can. I also inject a chemotherapy drug weekly (for arthritis), which does nothing good for my hair.

To use this, I just put my fingers over the opening and quickly turn the bottle upside down, then turn it back over. That is all you need! It has never, ever, made my hair greasy with this amount.

Yes, yes, this is full of silicone (the reason I can only give it 4 lippies)... But I currently don't care. I'm very into natural products, but I find that this product works to make my ends feel nice and look shiny.

If I find a good natural alternative, I think it might replace this just so that I'm not using ANOTHER synthetic product on my hair, but I recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by genny1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this stuff so far. I've only bought it a few days ago, but have used it every time after I wash my hair. I have fine hair and the ends are fairly damaged because I used to get highlights all the time, and this product does NOT weigh my hair down. I mainly apply it to the ends and a tiny bit everywhere else. I was even able to curl my hair after using it without any other product and I can actually say my hair never looked better! After I blow dry my hair, it feels insanely silky and smooth. It is amazing!!

The only thing I don't like is the packaging because you have to pour it on your hand. It's also very expensive and smells weird. But this is one of very few hair treatments that I've used that actually give instant results.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by hhozay

I have been using this for about four weeks and have to say I really like it. The first time I used it after washing my hair, I managed to have shiny, luscious hair that had a good amount of weight to it. Usually I hate that overly light and fluffy feel of post-washed hair but this gave me instant texture as well as being soft and sealed. I only use very little and apply mostly to the ends only.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Crowstoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok-i have a love hate relationship with moroccanoil. I had been a long time user (3-4 years ) every day., i dye my hair monthly using matrix socolor/protein and when i first began using this it was like magic for my hair., and continued to be for a while as long as i used their hydrating hair mask (ok now that the "love" parts' over lets get to the skinny. If you dont use this with the mask at least once a week your hair will eventually turn to straw. Dont get me wrong now-its a great product a wee overpriced IMO but i agree with another reviewer i read., it is NOT the argan oil in this product that gives your hair that beautiful shine and texture it is the SILICONE. With that said....i no longer use it but it was great when i used it with their hydrating mask. But be aware....condition condition condition with it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by suem1971

for the people saying it's making their hair greasy and stringy you're obviously using far too much! you seriously only need to turn the bottle upside down with your finger covering the opening and then upright again, the amount that is then on your finger is all you need!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I believe this product does work. My hair is that annoying type where my roots get oily quickly but my ends are very dry from coloring and overusing my GHD. I used this last night after washing my hair. I rubbed a tiny amount into the ends of my hair and let it air dry. My hair did dry a lot quicker than usual, half an hour after using it I could feel underneath near the nape of my neck and the ends were already pretty much dry. I woke up this morning and styled my hair, and my hair does look shiny and a little more healthy, and feels softer than usual. It doesn't look oily or like it is being dragged down by product. It actually feels a little lighter than usual! This product doesn't give miracles like I think some people are expecting, but what product does, really?

If your hair doesn't like silicones I might advise against this as there are all-natural alternatives available, but my hair has never really reacted badly to them so all seems fine so far.

I would buy this product again, I don't think it is that expensive really, but I can see that it will probably outlive me anyway! You really do need to use only the tiniest amount for it to work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product i bought it on a trip to New York, I put a tiny bit in the ends of my hair after washing and i really notice a diffrence it drys a lot faster its soft and looks healthy. I use a ghd on my hair a lot so i need something to help my dry ends. I dont know what i will do when i run out because i cant find it here :(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2010 7:17:00 AM More reviews by eli54

I was so excited when I found this product that I could not wait to use it. When I did use it I was disappointed. Okay so maybe I was waiting for fireworks to go off or for my hair to shine and look like it does in the ads. Instead it did nothing absolutely nothing. Oh wait it did... it weighed my hair down and made it look thin rather that full and shinny. I am so happy that I did not pay full price for this product, because my friend and I went half on it. Not only did this product weigh my hair down and make it look thin, but it did nothing for my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by jdhorrorshow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I keep buying different brands' versions of this Argan oil crap... because it's so hyped up... but that's pretty much what they all are: crap. As someone mentioned on here, and this applies to the other brands I've used as well, the Argan oil is far down the list of ingredients. It makes my hair super oily the very same day I wash it, and makes it stick together (as if you used some syling product like a molding paste, or gel or something...) The bottle is inconvenient because when you pour it out on your hand you struggle to screw the cap back on, while the oil flows out of your hand.. or the other option is to put it down w/out closing and forget about it only to knock it over accidentally later and spill it all over your floor/counter whatever. This brand in particular stinks like... a strong musk, smoke, and a nauseating overbearing vanilla or something. The mystery here is why the're all so freakishly expensive. Unfortunately for me, I threw the box away for this thing so can't return it. Will be putting up for swap. Boooooo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by bigb00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

THIS has to be my "can't live without" or "one product you'd take with you on a deserted island". Long story short - I BLEACHED my hair to ultra light blonde from dark brown. At the same time I was diagnosed with health issues that affect my hair making it SUPER dry and brittle. My hair went from my midback to my shoulders - and I didn't get it cut! it was falling out, breaking off and had the texture of moss. This stuff was suggested to me by a hairstylist who had chemo - Sweared it was worth every penny. Boy she was right! It saved my hair. Now that my hair is more healthy I still use it. It protects my hair from the heat, Makes it healthier, makes it shiney, 1 bottle will last you 6 months, protects it from chlorine if your a swimmer, makes it SO SOFT & isn't like your average oil that makes hair greasy and flat. I swear, If you don't buy this product ... your missing out. It's amazing!