Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/2/2003 5:54:00 AM

best thing i've ever done for my face...before i started using it, my skin was totally oily in the t-zone and i'd break out constantly, and all the other parts of my face were dry....now, my t-zone rarely gets oily, isnt as dry, is less irritated after washing, and because of that i dont break out as much anymore

on 1/1/2003 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've found a great cleanser in this old and reliable standby. But wait, it doesn't remove makeup very well...which is why I only use it in the morning or in the evenings when I've applied no makeup during the day (Most evenings, I use Alpha Hydrox's Foaming Face Wash). I've been using this for over 3 weeks now and no problems so far for my combo-oily/sensitive/acne-prone skin. Doesn't clog my pores, aggravate my skin or break me out. Great for dry winters because it's so gentle and doesn't dry me out. I also rinse with water instead of just wiping it off with a cloth. Works for me! ***UPDATE on 1/26/03: I'm going to be switching to Cetaphil's Gentle Cleansing BAR b/c I've heard it's supposedly gentler and better for my mild rosacea than this liquid formula. Will let you know how it goes! ***UPDATE on 1/15/04: A year later, I've stopped using all of Cetaphil's cleansers. I am now addicted to Alpha Hydrox's Foaming Face Wash - have been using it faithfully for four mounths now and I love it!

on 1/1/2003 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product as I had heard many good reviews on it.

I really didn't feel like my face was clean afterwards. Luckily, I was able to return it to the drugstore.

on 12/30/2002 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried this cleanser as well as the one for oily skin. I have not a had a bit of success with either cleanser. Both cleansers dry my skin out terribly after one cleansing leaving my face dry and tight. I have combination skin and after my experience with Cetaphil I would not reccomend this cleanser to anyone.

on 12/29/2002 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice morning cleanser. It's very soothing and doesn't dry out my skin. I wouldn't use it at night to remove makeup, but overall it's a good cleanser. I like the fact that it isn't fragranced.

on 12/27/2002 3:10:00 PM

Not gentle enough for me, unfortunately. It's a decent cleanser and I can use it occasionally in the summer when my skin isn't so dry, but even then I can't use it for more than a week or two at time. It dries out my skin too much. I prefer PC Skin Recovery Cleanser or, from the drugstore, Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser.

on 12/27/2002 10:57:00 AM

I liked it ok, though it kinda made my face feel tight and just a tad dried out. I have found other products that work better though.

on 12/23/2002 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have given Cetaphil at least four tries and I'm convinced that this stuff does not clean my face. I used it in the shower and rinsed it off with plenty of water but after a couple of weeks of using this I had terrible breakouts, which are very unusual for me.

The search for the perfect cleanser continues ... continued >>

on 12/20/2002 8:06:00 AM

this clogged my pores. paula's choice version is better imho.

on 12/19/2002 8:17:00 PM

Cetaphil Ingredients:

My oily/combo skin did not feel thoroughly clean after rinsing. It's ok for the price and it is very gentle to the skin...I will probably use it when my skin feels drier. I use minimal makeup (suncreen, mineral make up, lipstick, and a light coat of mascara) ususally, and it can't remove it fully.

UPDATE***Mixing a bit of baking soda or sugar to this make a world of difference. It even removed my makeup fairly well! I probably won't repurchase because I love trying other things. I really love cleansing oils now.

Video Reviews & Tutorials