Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 9/23/2002 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for about three years. It's pretty good stuff. I love the price, and it does a decent job of cleaning without drying out my skin. I need to use water to wash it off (the package suggests that you can either wash or towel if off) though, otherwise it leaves a greasy residue. All round solid product.

This cleanser is very reasonably priced and lasts a while. It gets off even stubborn eye makeup gently, and it softens the skin as it cleans. Its one of the few things that my skin doesnt break out to : ) and that is always a plus!

on 9/15/2002 2:57:00 PM

This was not the product for me. I have combination skin (more oily than dry) and this left me with horrible acne---deep, under the skin bumps. Also left my skin with that greasy residue others have mentioned. Judging by the other rave reviews, I'm sure this is a good product, but it took me weeks to get my skin back to somewhat normal.

on 9/15/2002 11:44:00 AM

Very mild cleanser. Did not note any change in skin but felt that it was too gentle.

on 9/8/2002 1:06:00 PM

I must admit, the first few times I used this, I hated it. I never thought I would get used to the texture (felt like lotion on my face!), and I was convinced that my skin was not getting cleaned. But, I made myself stick with it because my skin was getting pretty sensitive. Once I got used to the feeling of Cetaphil on my skin, I actually liked it! Hmm, I haven't been without it since that day, and my skin is soft and thanking me!

on 9/4/2002 8:27:00 AM

I have super-sensitive oily skin and I use this as one of the few things that will not make my skin go nuts. I mix it with my facial scrub for exfoliation too. I'm always on the look-out for specials on this one.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I didn't feel that this did anything as a cleanser, but I love to mix this with baking soda for gentle exfoliation. I will continue to buy this to mix it with the baking soda, but I won't bother with this as it comes.

on 8/17/2002 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily acne-prone skin and although this was very gentle and non-irritating and did not cause any pimples, my face did not feel clean afterwards. My face felt a little too slimy for my taste. My friend who use it and love it all have dry skin.

on 8/16/2002 6:18:00 AM

I love this stuff. It is cheap, effective and very gentle. I have moderate acne breakouts, and this really does help. The acne treatments I use leave my skin pretty irritated and this is the only thing I use to cleanse. Love it!

on 8/15/2002 7:35:00 PM

I have used just about every cleanser Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus sells. Believe it or not after I developed Rosacea the only cleanser that I did not have an adverse reaction to was the gentle skin cleanser Cetaphil. I found it to be gentle, effective and I did not have an allergic reaction. I remove my makeup with Swisspers 100% cotton squares. Right after cleansing I follow up with my prescription topical medicine, my moisturizer DermAesthetics Active Replenishing Lotion and my sunscreen which is Natura Bisse SPF 25.