Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 12/11/2002 7:45:00 AM

I've been using this for years and it's the best! My dermotalogist even asked me what I usedsince she thought my skins looked so good (for a 52 year old!). (I follow it up w/Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner.) Will never change products. After sudsing Cetaphil on my face, I gently wipe it off with a face cloth and then rinse. Removes makeup and is a great exfoliant!

on 12/8/2002 8:40:00 PM

I have tried on more than one ocasion to use this face wash and I just can't. It's just too gentle for my skin, barely removes my makeup and actually makes me breakout! I'll stick with Neutrogena products!

on 12/7/2002 12:04:00 PM

It's just too gentle to me. I like to have a squeezy cleaning feeling after wash.

on 12/6/2002 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! My skin is oily, acne prone, but always dries out from regular cleansers. (Even Cetaphil's gentle cleansing bar is too harsh.) I use it with a wet cotton pad to clean my oilier areas and to help exfoliate a bit. This leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean but not taut, and it keeps me breakout free. Perfect!

on 12/5/2002 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff when it comes to my face being dry in the winter. I cleans well and doesn't leave my skin tight as well. Cheap too considering you don't need that much product to later up.

on 11/29/2002 5:33:00 AM

I first tried this product as a teen because I thought more simple skincare routine (without harsh ingredients) would help my skin. Yikes! It made my acne worse. I recently tried it again, and my nearly normal skin is still a little too oily to be effectively cleansed by Cetaphil. I feel oily even immediately after using it. PLUS it does not take off makeup.

I lovee the Cetaphil Normal to Oily skin cleanser. I've been using it for over a year now and it doesn't make your face feel all tight and dry afterwards. I have very sensitive skin and overall this is the best cleanser I've ever used.

on 11/27/2002 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily/acne prone skin and this stuff really does nothing for me. IT leaves me feeling more greasy than before. I believe i have given it a fair chance: bought a big bottle and used it in all four seasons because i thought it might suit my skin best under a particular condition. Also, while i don't wear foundation or powder, i do use concealer and blush and really don't find this stuff removes either of those.
I do not recommend this stuff if you wear any make-up or even sunscreen during the day or have oily/combo skin.

on 11/26/2002 2:27:00 AM

After I have tried so many department store cleaners, finally I tried this and love it. This doesn't dry out my face, has good performance on cleaning and the price is good, too.
This is now my staple.

on 11/25/2002 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite cleanser. The consistency of the cleanser takes some getting used to, but it's well worth the try. This leaves my skin so soft and radiant. I don't know what I've been doing without it.I have tried many cleansers over the years for my acne prone skin, and this cleanser is hands down my favorite. I rarely repurchase a cleanser, but when I run out of this one, I will continue to repurchase this one. UPDATE: 2/12/02 I stopped using this about a month ago, because I realized it was clogging my pores and possibly causing breakouts.