August 27, 2014 | 1734 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2001 7:20:00 PM More reviews by indigold

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great moisturizer for normal to dry skin (As I have)! It doesn't exactly cleanse makeup that well (Especially eye makeup) and prevent acne. I spot treat my acne with other creams instead. If you have oily skin, don't bother.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2001 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Sarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I struggled with whether to give this product a 3 or a 4, and I eventually decided on a 4 because, although it lacks pizazz, it MOSTLY does its job. The problem I have with Cetaphil is that it doesn't always remove ALL the makeup- but it doesn't make me break out, which is key. But it's not cute and trendy. :-(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2001 7:23:00 PM More reviews by blyss

I bought this hearing that a lot of fellow MUAers loved this product. Hm... i have no idea what it did for others cause it did nothing for me. I personally love foaming soaps and this NADA of it. It was horribly watery and my e/s stuck onto my eye after washing. I looked like a racoon! I definately dont recommend this UNLESS you want something cheap and you are young enough to have perfect skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2001 9:11:00 AM More reviews by fancypermcrystal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This product just did not thrill me. Left me feeling like I needed to wash again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2001 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Adele

This was OK, but I wouldn't buy it again. It did clean my skin without overdrying, but it didn't remove my eyemakeup at all...I much prefer my Paula's choice to this...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2001 5:25:00 AM More reviews by blondie09

I love this!! Cetaphil cleans my face so much better then the other brands that I was currently using and not getting the results that I wanted. Cetaphil left my face "feeling clean and fresh". Definetly worth the price that I paid....(the real stuff for $8.00, not bad)......
Now my next mission somehow I want to try Mac cosmetics and Urban Decay:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2001 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Tara

I never would have believed how much I love this. My skin is really breakout prone and I was convinced this would make it worse. It doesn't!!! It really soothes my skin and keeps it from drying out - especially in the winter. Last year I had a bad bout with eczema on my face (3 weeks before my wedding) and Cetaphil really helped it clear up. I only use it in the am though, as it does not remove makeup!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2001 4:36:00 AM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I continue to use this product mainly because it causes absolutely no irritation to my extremely sensitive, psoriasis and eczema suffering skin. It doesn't make my face noticeably softer or smoother, but I appreciate its soothing quality, which is rare for those of us with sensitive skin. I have to rinse this off with lukewarm water; wiping it off does not do the trick, although it aides in makeup removal that way. Not quite the answer to my facial care dreams that I had hoped for, but an okay selection nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2001 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin which tends to break out. Typically I like a nice, foaming cleanser that leaves my skin feeling cleaner than clean, almost tight and dry. When I first used Cetaphil I hated it because it doesn't give me that squeaky-clean feeling. However, this past winter I gave it another shot, and I'm hooked. I love this stuff, and have been using it for almost a year. I use it in the morning and right before I go to bed. (It's one flaw is that it isn't good at tackling make-up, so I use the oily skin version to remove my "face" at the end of the day). Cetaphil leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. Also since I've started using Retin-A again, I need something gentle to keep the dryness at bay. It took some getting used to, but now I can't be without this product. It is a staple in my bathroom cabinet.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2001 2:50:00 PM More reviews by BethInAlaska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like cetaphil but i find its actually more drying than my OOO facial clothes. I guess for moderately dry skin its good but for very dry skin you shouldn't rinse with water but rather wipe with a cloth. I really prefer rinsing with water.