December 22, 2014 | 1615 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2002 9:45:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I don't like this stuff! I wanted to, but I just don't! It doesn't remove makeup very well, and I'm left with a sort of "waxy" or "filmy" feeling on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2002 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's so funny... I have used this off and on since I was born. My skin is extremely sensitive, and I started having rashes shortly after I was born. (I have several bad allergies and eczema.) My mom would use this on me all the time. I still use this, when my eczema flares up. It is very gentle, and cleanses well enough. It doesn't dry my skin either, which is essential! However, I prefer to use a sudsy cleanser when my skin is more normal. I just feel more fresh with something sudsy! But this is defn. a wonderful cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2002 3:02:00 AM More reviews by chusuyuki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is effective in removing light makeup, not heavy makeup. After cleaning my face with this cleanser, I use toner on my face and found some makeup grime on the cotton pad. PLus points for the price and it's really very very gentle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2002 4:55:00 PM More reviews by YolandaMC

This is great! It doesn't lather up, but it removes my makeup from my face. It's very, very gentle. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2002 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Sarah1977

To me it did not feel like that my skin felt clean, I used water to rinse of and my skin did not look clean and fresh.. My mom use this due to having ezhema this is ideal for her skin type than mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2002 11:52:00 AM More reviews by fort

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the gentleness of this product. It is good to use at those times when I have already washed my face a few times that day and I don't want to strip it. The problem is that my skin is too oily for me to use Cetaphil regularly. I found that Cetaphil doesn't get the oil out of my pores and hence, breakouts. But I will always keep a bottle around for those times when I need a gentle cleanser. I have not experienced the "film" that many reviewers talk about. My skin feels very soft and pure after I use this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2002 7:30:00 PM More reviews by desy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard so many good comments about this product. Finally I bought, but actually I had overestimated. This cleanser was really greasy, and couldn't remove makeup, and finally made me break out. It was a gentle cleanser, though. So, I just used it to wash my hand. It was really good for hand only.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2002 6:03:00 AM More reviews by kaloee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser that doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. The instruction said it removes makeup as well, it doesn't! I only use this in the morning on my face and for cleansing my hands.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2002 8:18:00 PM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this religiously for about five years and it worked well. It took off my makeup just fine as long as I used a large amount. A couple of years ago, though, I found it began to sting my face! Extraordinary, since it's supposed to be the UberGentle Cleanser. It's reassuring to see some others who say it stung them as well; I truly thought I must have some of the weirdest skin in dermatological history. I still have some around, though, for use as a shaving cream. It doesn't sting underarms or legs at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2002 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Shan_n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have used this cleanser on and off. i feel that it is very gentle on the skin, which is why i keep coming back to it. i wish it did remove makeup better, which bothers me. i would recommend this to someone who has really sensitive skin or someone who requires gentle cleansing while using a skin treatment product, such as Retin-A.