July 28, 2014 | 2072 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2001 6:34:00 PM More reviews by oceandoll

definetly the best cleanser....really simple, no fancy dyes or perfumes but it does the job without irritating or making false dramatic claims. It keeps my skin clear and balanced, takes off my makeup and anything else on my face (who knows) and leaves it soft and clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2001 1:24:00 PM More reviews by gela929

Personally, I love this minimalistic product. It's very gentle on my super-sensitive skin, and also works as a great eye-makeup remover. If you're looking for a super scrub, this is not the product for you, but if you want a cleanser that is soft and luxurious and leaves your skin baby smooth (especially if you leave a thin layer on overnight), Cetaphil is a prayer answered.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2001 8:54:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Who's being paid to rave about this in all of the magazines? It does absolutely nothing for me and maybe, after reading the other reviews, this is the reason my face never clears up! Can someone please recommend a cleanser which does what this claims to do?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2001 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Adele

Okay, I admit I am still test driving this stuff, but so far I am impressed! I use PC products, but as the weather is changing, I needed another cleanser to use at night that wasn't drying. The Cetaphil removed all of my makeup, and left my skin feeling soft and not stripped. I also used a toner afterwards, but noticed that there were no traces of makeup left, so I am thinking it's great without the toner as well. I used to prefer foaming face washes, but after switching to PC, I have found I much prefer the texture of these non-foaming gel cleansers, they clean the skin without stripping every available drop of moisture! I will never go back :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2001 11:15:00 AM More reviews by wvbeetlebug

I bought this b/c I wanted a cleanser that would remove my makeup quickly w/o drying it out. I prefer foaming cleansers and this was more of a milky one. It stung my eyes and left that film. It didn't totally remove my makeup either. I had to rewash my face with my normal foaming cleanser. Although I did like the packaging, albeit boring and outdated, the pump made it practical. I would not recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2001 3:36:00 PM More reviews by blondie09

Very good product! I love it and I have tried a lot of cleaners to prove it:) Cleans well and the best that I have ever found. Well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2001 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Athena

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It's so versatile, and it cleared up my oily, acne prone skin. It leaves the skin very soft and not stripped at all, and it removes makeup very well. There are very few ingredients, so it doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. If you mix it with Zirh Scrub, you have the PERFECT everyday facial exfoliant. My skin has been less oily since using Cetaphil. You need a bottle of this if you like to play with your makeup--you can use Cetaphil on a cottonball or tissue and wipe your makeup off and not have to dry your skin out by washing it too many times. It makes a great eye-makeup remover, too. I think this is a product every beauty buff must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2001 4:09:00 PM More reviews by alikona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE CETAPHIL. I have had very few blemish problems since I started using this product which is GREAT! I love it. I do recommend using an eye makeup remover before (I use waterproof mascara), but think this product really does the job. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2001 7:20:00 PM More reviews by indigold

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great moisturizer for normal to dry skin (As I have)! It doesn't exactly cleanse makeup that well (Especially eye makeup) and prevent acne. I spot treat my acne with other creams instead. If you have oily skin, don't bother.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2001 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Sarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I struggled with whether to give this product a 3 or a 4, and I eventually decided on a 4 because, although it lacks pizazz, it MOSTLY does its job. The problem I have with Cetaphil is that it doesn't always remove ALL the makeup- but it doesn't make me break out, which is key. But it's not cute and trendy. :-(