Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/3/2003 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a grrreat gentle cleanser. It gets rid of oil and dirt without completely stripping your skin like most other products. I usualy use this cleanser in the morning and then use my harsher cleanser at night when I'm fighting acne during my sleep. It is a bit expensive in the store but it lasts a long time. Yay! Update: I finally made this a scrub by combining it with Baking Soda! It was divine! My face felt cleaner-just make sure you keep your mouth closed or you'll be in salt city! UPDATE: The Stearic ingredients in this finally made me break out--I haven't used this in months. Good for very sensitive skin though.

on 1/2/2003 5:54:00 AM

best thing i've ever done for my face...before i started using it, my skin was totally oily in the t-zone and i'd break out constantly, and all the other parts of my face were dry....now, my t-zone rarely gets oily, isnt as dry, is less irritated after washing, and because of that i dont break out as much anymore

on 1/1/2003 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've found a great cleanser in this old and reliable standby. But wait, it doesn't remove makeup very well...which is why I only use it in the morning or in the evenings when I've applied no makeup during the day (Most evenings, I use Alpha Hydrox's Foaming Face Wash). I've been using this for over 3 weeks now and no problems so far for my combo-oily/sensitive/acne-prone skin. Doesn't clog my pores, aggravate my skin or break me out. Great for dry winters because it's so gentle and doesn't dry me out. I also rinse with water instead of just wiping it off with a cloth. Works for me! ***UPDATE on 1/26/03: I'm going to be switching to Cetaphil's Gentle Cleansing BAR b/c I've heard it's supposedly gentler and better for my mild rosacea than this liquid formula. Will let you know how it goes! ***UPDATE on 1/15/04: A year later, I've stopped using all of Cetaphil's cleansers. I am now addicted to Alpha Hydrox's Foaming Face Wash - have been using it faithfully for four mounths now and I love it!

on 1/1/2003 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product as I had heard many good reviews on it.

I really didn't feel like my face was clean afterwards. Luckily, I was able to return it to the drugstore.

on 12/30/2002 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried this cleanser as well as the one for oily skin. I have not a had a bit of success with either cleanser. Both cleansers dry my skin out terribly after one cleansing leaving my face dry and tight. I have combination skin and after my experience with Cetaphil I would not reccomend this cleanser to anyone.

on 12/29/2002 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice morning cleanser. It's very soothing and doesn't dry out my skin. I wouldn't use it at night to remove makeup, but overall it's a good cleanser. I like the fact that it isn't fragranced.

on 12/27/2002 3:10:00 PM

Not gentle enough for me, unfortunately. It's a decent cleanser and I can use it occasionally in the summer when my skin isn't so dry, but even then I can't use it for more than a week or two at time. It dries out my skin too much. I prefer PC Skin Recovery Cleanser or, from the drugstore, Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser.

on 12/27/2002 10:57:00 AM

I liked it ok, though it kinda made my face feel tight and just a tad dried out. I have found other products that work better though.

on 12/23/2002 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have given Cetaphil at least four tries and I'm convinced that this stuff does not clean my face. I used it in the shower and rinsed it off with plenty of water but after a couple of weeks of using this I had terrible breakouts, which are very unusual for me.

The search for the perfect cleanser continues ... continued >>

on 12/20/2002 8:06:00 AM

this clogged my pores. paula's choice version is better imho.

Video Reviews & Tutorials