Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

I did not care for this product one bit, it really irritated my sensative skin, and the consistency of this product felt runny, not sure why it seems to get so many raves(i wish i hadn
't taken a chance of it: check out dove foaming essential nutrients

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't understand why this is so recommended; it makes my face hurt. My skin feels tight, but not necessarily clean. (Don't even think about using this to remove your makeup!) And I have more clogged pores.
I can't think of a skin type that this would be good for.

me: extremely dry, sensitive skin with random spots

www.cetaphil.com continued >>

This just like a million of other things will have its fans and enemies. I like it, it works well on my combo skin ( dryer cheeks, oilier t zone), and its a simple wash that doesnt overkill my skin. i need the one that removes oil for the night time cleansing, since this isnt strong enough.

Yuck! Normally I wouldn't review a skin care product until I've used it for a while, but I doubt I'll use this again. I tried this while my combo/sensitive skin was a bit on the oily side & breaking out, and the first bit I put on just sank into my forehead & disappeared like a moisturiser. I tried using a larger amount (dry skin, damp facecloth) and finally managed to get a tiny bit of lather going. I was careful to rinse it off as well as possible, but woke up in the morning with oil slick skin and a breakout that was worse, not better. Even worse, it burned on all the drier parts of my face.

This product is wonderful. I used to have terrible acne- having been on Accutane twice in my life- I believe this was my cure-all! I use white Safeguard soap in the shower and then (out of the shower) use this cleanser as my 'astringent' on a cotton pad. If you could have seen how horrible my acne was and how it has cleared up from this remedy, you would have thought a miracle was performed!!!

In my opinion, Cetaphil Gentle hasn't really lived up to all the dermatologist/beauty magazine hype it's received. It is a very mild cleanser and I doubt it would irritate even the most sensitive skins, but it's completely worthless for makeup removal (especially mascara!). I do like to use it as a moisturizing cleanser if I haven't been wearing makeup, but for combo/oily skin, it doesn't cleanse well enough to get rid of excess oil, dirt and other grime. I also need to exfoliate quite well with a separate scrub whenever I use it. I would be tempted to try a Cetaphil exfoliating cleanser if such a product existed. I like the gentleness and moisturizing effects of the cleanser. I think people with normal skin who use separate makeup removers would like this product. I do continue to buy it, though, because it feels nice on my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this cleanser in the morning when I don't have any make up on because it doesn't remove make up. I have oily skin, and I like it because it is gentle and I use more harsh products at night so I need something gentle in the morning.

I bought a really big bottle of this cleanser (only about $7...hmm) and it's really gentle! When you put it on, it does feel thick and greasy and feels oily on skin, but when you wash it off and dry your face, my skin is soft and clean. Good if you want a mild cleanser.

Caused a major clear alligator type of rash on my face.
Didn't take off my makeup.
Thick consistency that felt like glue.

Terrible. I can't believe this is recommended by dermatologists.

I've tried Cetaphil 3 times in my life. All because dermatologists recommended it for my acne. Each time I gave it a go, because hey Doc's should know what they are talking about right? Not for me they didn't. My skin broke out so bad from this stuff. I can't stand it, and I'm back to Sage skin care now and doing much better. I will never waste my money on this junk again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials