Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 12/16/2002 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this. Very gentle but thorough. Hint--buy the drugstore equivalent-usually placed right next to the actual Cetaphil on the shelf. They're the same product and cheaper! Good winter skin-saving product. :-)

on 12/15/2002 4:03:00 AM

Great gentle cleanser, would be for sensitive skin. Only I don't use it for that, I would though. I have found a great use for it as an anti dandruff hair product! If you have dandruff or Psorasis, it is great to put this on, and leave on for a few hours or overnight with a shower cap, it will soften, or loosen up the flakes, then you can wash it out in the morning. Works as a mild shampoo for someone with psorasis, or gentle face cleanser, really softens skin or scalp!

on 12/14/2002 6:29:00 PM

This product was really good and it didn't make me break out. The only thing was that it didn't remove all of my makeup. I prefer using the bar instead. It lathers really well and makes my skin feel "cleaner". This product didn't make my skin feel as fresh and clean.

on 12/13/2002 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my own personal holy grail - if you do not wear a lot of makeup and need a mild cleanser, then this one's for you! I just wish it came with a pump dispenser.

on 12/13/2002 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am now recovering from a very , very bad experience with Shiseido , Chanel and Orlane products that ruined my skin . From oily with clean pores and just a few breakouts in months , these products succeeded to make my skin oilier than ever , with daily breakouts and a lot of clogged pores . The worst part is that my skin became very dry , dehydrated in the same time as more oilier and very sensitive and easy irritable. I stopped using these products and I am using just Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. Sincerely , I was not expecting nothing good from this cleanser , a lot of people told me that made them breakout and that it doesn’t cleanse well makeup but I do not use makeup so it is ok . My skin is better and better every day , I had no breakouts for 2 weeks now , the irritation and dryness is gone. The oiliness is 10 times less and I am very happy because of this too ! It is not expensive , I paid 12 CND for the biggest bottle , 450 ml I think and the pomp is very helpful.

I think that everybody should give it a try , it could be the right product for your skin.

on 12/13/2002 4:24:00 AM

Want great looking skin without the huge price tag? Use Cetaphil. I just can't sing the praises high enough for this simple but extremely effective product. I have tried everything and keep coming back to this. An oldie but a goodie!! Yay!!

on 12/12/2002 9:58:00 AM

I've tried this on and off many times but it always breaks me out - I won't be buying/trying again.

on 12/11/2002 7:45:00 AM

I've been using this for years and it's the best! My dermotalogist even asked me what I usedsince she thought my skins looked so good (for a 52 year old!). (I follow it up w/Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner.) Will never change products. After sudsing Cetaphil on my face, I gently wipe it off with a face cloth and then rinse. Removes makeup and is a great exfoliant!

on 12/8/2002 8:40:00 PM

I have tried on more than one ocasion to use this face wash and I just can't. It's just too gentle for my skin, barely removes my makeup and actually makes me breakout! I'll stick with Neutrogena products!

on 12/7/2002 12:04:00 PM

It's just too gentle to me. I like to have a squeezy cleaning feeling after wash.