September 15, 2014 | 945 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2002 3:10:00 PM More reviews by butterflies24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This didn't work well for me. It didn't remove all of my makeup..especially mascara and it made me breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2002 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Marcywench

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Although it doesn't remove my makeup, it is an excellent, gentle morning cleanser. I will transfer it to a pump bottle in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2002 12:17:00 PM More reviews by superlibrarian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is the best cleanser you can buy. Typically found for about $8-9 at drugstores, it comes in a simple plastic bottle. While it isn't great at removing makeup, it is great for sensitive skin, acne prone skin and baby's skin.

Worth every penny. **Note, this product is not effective at removing makeup! Cetaphil's Daily Facial Cleanser does a great job at that though. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2002 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Shawnah

I use this everyday on my 4 year old daughter. She has very very sensitive skin and is always complaining that she feels itchy. Since using this product on her face and as an all over body wash, she has had no complaints at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2002 3:43:00 PM More reviews by curly_q_cutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this stuff but I didn't like how it smelled (like glue) and it didn't get all my makeup off like my regular cleansing routine. However, it does moisturize well.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2002 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Kemintiri

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's great, but I prefer something that foams. Gotta love the gentle and fragrance free formula.

EDIT: I have been using it on and off for years but I can't use it anymore. For some reason, it seems to leave more of a film than it used to (yeah I know about the washcloth et al) and it caused a few tiny white pimples along my chin and the top of my cheeks (where I NEVER get pimples). I used to like Cetaphil fine and it did work fine for me for a few years but I guess the needs of my skin have evolved. Right I'm using Eucerin cleanser, fragrance and soap free and my skin likes that much better. Cetaphil might work for you just fine, but it's not coming anywhere near my face again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2002 3:03:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice gentle cleanser and gets the job done, however, it can be drying at times.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2002 3:30:00 PM More reviews by tifa

This made me break out. The texture is watery, doesn't foam and leaves a filmy feeling on my face. I know lots of people swear by this but I am not one of them! It's plus is that it's cheap and easy to find. BUT I have used this on my body, since I have eczema and can only use very gentle soaps. For that purpose it would get a 4, but as a facial cleanser it's not very effective for me. (I have combo skin)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2002 12:36:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh! Breakout city! I have dry skin, and this made my skin drier and added breakouts. A big skip-it for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2002 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Elixir

This is my absolute staple cleanser in the morning. It feels so great massaging this on my face. Keeps my winter semi dry skin in control. So very gentle. I've gone thru countless bottles. Doesnt take off makeup well, this is why I only use it in the morning.