October 30, 2014 | 1829 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2002 6:03:00 AM More reviews by kaloee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser that doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. The instruction said it removes makeup as well, it doesn't! I only use this in the morning on my face and for cleansing my hands.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2002 8:18:00 PM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this religiously for about five years and it worked well. It took off my makeup just fine as long as I used a large amount. A couple of years ago, though, I found it began to sting my face! Extraordinary, since it's supposed to be the UberGentle Cleanser. It's reassuring to see some others who say it stung them as well; I truly thought I must have some of the weirdest skin in dermatological history. I still have some around, though, for use as a shaving cream. It doesn't sting underarms or legs at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2002 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Shan_n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have used this cleanser on and off. i feel that it is very gentle on the skin, which is why i keep coming back to it. i wish it did remove makeup better, which bothers me. i would recommend this to someone who has really sensitive skin or someone who requires gentle cleansing while using a skin treatment product, such as Retin-A.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2002 3:30:00 PM More reviews by plantgril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My dad is a dermatologist and he's always encouraging my family to use it (of course, he gets it for free, so maybe that's why). Really it's not for me... I'm sure it's brilliant for super-sensitive skin, but I prefer something not quite this gentle (forever swearing by liquid neutrogena). I know the company makes a lot of serious skin care products, so they certainly are to be trusted.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2002 9:55:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic3286

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this cleanser!!! After reading that this is a great product, i went out and bought it! I must admit i had high expectations from this but this has satisfied all my expectations!! it doesn't dry out your skin and i've found that it cleanses really well!! I really recommend this to people! i 've found that i can't live without this!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2002 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Kminer

Upon a friend's recommendation I tried this. Love it! I had to get used to the feel - it's (not to be gross) like a milky goo. It does not lather. I have to use it twice- once to get off all the makeup, another to wash my face - but I was typically doing that with 2 different Clinique products before, for a lot more money. The off brand of Cetaphil (like the Walmart brand) seems to work just as well. It does not dry out my face, but leaves it very smooth.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2002 9:35:00 PM More reviews by UltraDiva

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just didn't feel like my face got very clean with everyday use, but i can see how it might be good for someone with EXTREMELY dry or sensitive skin (note the emphasis on EXTREMELY) or if you have a nasty sunburn and need a gentle moisturizing cleanser. it's kinda like ex-lax - you definitely won't use it every day, but it should be in you medicine cabinet for when you desperately need it. cheers ;-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2002 5:31:00 PM More reviews by rjs521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had to try this when it was *hot* like 2 years ago and my normally not so sensitive skin completely broke out from it. UGH. Horrible. I honestly can't think of a single good thing to say about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2002 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Kelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After hearing so many rave reviews and dermatologists' recommendations I tried this. UGH! Left a greasy, filmy residue. Felt like it was impossible to rinse clean. It didn't remove makeup at all. It didn't help with dryness, eczema, or blemishes. Plus, it has a weird, cheap, chemically, drugstore-y smell and the packaging is really ugly too. I just don't like this at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2002 2:32:00 PM More reviews by rlo6

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I either had an allergic reaction to the ingredients or broke out in pimples from the residue makeup left by the cleanser. I cannot believe that this cleanser is so highly recommended by Paula B. It may be gentle but it didn't do anything for me except aggravate my skin and clog my pores.