Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 10/23/2002 5:21:00 PM

very nice cleanser...too bad it doesnt cause me to breakout or else i wouldve made it an excellent cleanser...

on 10/18/2002 2:08:00 PM

Great for combination skin. My face always feels clean and refreshed after using it. Inexpensive at around $10/bottle and lasts a long time. You definitely need to use an eyemakeup remover in addtion to this, but I love it as a cleanser-the best!

on 10/17/2002 10:13:00 PM

I liked this product the first couple of days I used it but then it started drying my face out. It also doesnt have the best smell in the world. I really wanted to like it but just couldnt in the end.

My mother bathed me in Cetaphil when I was an infant. I continued to use the product until I was about ten. I didn't use it for years until a few months ago. I bought the generic Rite-Aid version on a whim. That burned the hell out of the skin around my nose. My entire face felt so irritated. I finally had to toss it out.

on 10/6/2002 10:35:00 PM

I found this to be overrated. It does soften your skin but does not take off makeup.

Packaging was utilitarian and cheap and product had no pleasing scent. Boring.

on 10/5/2002 8:15:00 PM

This was originally a 5-star review, but I'm modifying it. After using it faithfully AM-n-PM for months, I finally discovered that it was giving me zits! :(
I've been using it on-and-off for years, without a problem, but after being burned by a harsh cleanser, I switched to Cetaphil full-time. It healed my skin and calmed it down when nothing else would.
And then I started breaking out in the worst way. I used to have pretty clear skin, so it was very frustrating. Turns out it was Cetaphil! Several weeks ago, I stopped using it, and my break-out ended for good. Finally!
I still think this can be a useful product for people who need something super-gentle, and are using medications, prescription products, etc. And for anyone suffering from major dryness, Cetaphil will probably help them. And it did heal my skin after I'd been "burned." So I'll give it 3 stars.
But I'm personally not going to use this anymore. Maybe when my face gets "fried" again, but even then, I may stick with Philosophy Real Purity. continued >>

on 10/4/2002 10:37:00 AM

I'm totally in love with this cleanser. It's simply the best! I have tried many different cleansers along the years but I always return to my Cetaphil, which is so gentle on my skin. It leaves my skin soft and supple after every wash. Sometimes it's a little too gentle when it comes to removing mascara, but I really don't mind. It comes at a very good price as well.

on 10/1/2002 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this to remove my makeup. But it doesn't do a effective job and I doesn't even clean my skin well. I'm not going to spend more on this cleanser!

This was recommended in a book I read. I really didn't enjoy it at all. I didn't feel like it cleansed my skin well.
Update: I just tried this again, in a trial size, since so many people seem to enjoy it. I'll try it for awhile, but I think it was the texture that bothered me previously. It also seems to leave a residue behind (though that was taken care of by my toner). Update #2: Okay, a few days later, I can say that my chin is breaking out and the only thing I've changed is the cleanser. This does not work for me.

on 9/25/2002 8:18:00 PM

I used to use this for years. Finally I realized that as a cleanser it was good unfortantly it wasn't good at removing makeup. I don't like to use several products one to remove makeup another to cleanse so I decided to look for another cleanser to do the job. It would make a good morning cleanser but I'll just stick to Paula's Choice cleanser for now. Everyone should at least give this product a try especially if you have sensitive skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials