Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/31/2003 10:59:00 PM

I realize my review of this product is completely superfluous, but I just wanted to thank an earlier reviewer who recommended using this product as shaving lather. I no longer get dry patches or shaving irritations, and unlike some shaving gels, Cetaphil doesn't clog my razor or drown my leg in a sea of foam. Can't use Cetaphil on my face, however, as it breaks me out and never seems to rinse off completely.

on 1/31/2003 10:30:00 PM

I suppose its non-irritating but it doesn't leave my skin feeling either clean or soft.Not for me.

on 1/29/2003 10:40:00 PM

This product is great for all skin types. It isn't the best at removing make-up so if you use foundation and are looking for a cleanser to remove your make-up, this isn't it. When I use powder I use this to cleanse my face. It is kind of a creamy cleanser. It doesn't leave the face feeling tight or dry, it is great as a gentle cleanser.

on 1/29/2003 12:10:00 PM

I don't feel Cetaphil does better than a bar of soap. This product is over rated. In fact left my skin feeling rather tight.

on 1/28/2003 4:13:00 PM

I've used this product a few months ago...and I'm not using it now, which says it all~
It was too gentle for me, and I didn't felt like my face was fully cleansed afterward~:(

on 1/28/2003 3:40:00 PM

This is the second review that I have written for cetaphil in a very short time... I have purchased cetaphil a number of times, hoping that maybe it would work for me, but each time I'm disappointed with it! After reading all the positive reviews of this product, I decided "why not?" and bought it again, something I swore that I would never do again, but I thought that maybe it would be different this time, and that I just hadn't given it a fair chance (the other five times that I tried it!). Anyways, it was horrible, just like every other time, no surprise there! I must have the strangest skin in the World bc it's not dry, and it's not oily, but it always seems to be dehydrated, and cetaphil makes it so much WORSE! I think that I have finally given up on cetaphil for good, but I am disappointed bc this is the only thing that derm's really recommend for ultra-sensitive skin, so now I am stuck with nothing! Wish me luck, and if anyone has any suggestions for an alternative, please let me know! Rettinger@hotmail.com

on 1/27/2003 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used this product as my dermatologist thought it would accompany my incredibly stringent acne medication (Retin-A) well. I found that although it didn't dry me out, it barely removed my piles of make-up and I got even more blackheads. Yay if you have dry skin--oily girls like me should run away.

on 1/27/2003 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm adding my 2 cents to the dozens of Cetaphil reviews. Like many others on MUA, I used to feel as if Cetaphil left a film on my normal to combination skin. However, my skin has been super dry this winter and I thought I'd give Cetaphil a shot again. I am SO glad I did! This cleans my face without drying it out and for some reason, my face doesn't feel filmy anymore. Maybe because my skin is drier. I'm definitely going to come back to Cetaphil again... even if it's only in winter months! UPDATE: I've found I prefer other cleansers (such as BWC) better... This just leaves my face feeling alternately slimy (summer) or dry (winter).

on 1/26/2003 2:27:00 AM

I think I like this stuff...its gentle, and it doesnt irritate my very sensitive skin. Its has a nice feel, very creamy and soft, it doesnt lather up very much but it also doesnt feel like sticky milk with no lather(Ahem..Real Purity)It leaves my face very soft and so far it hasnt broken me out, also it doesnt have an annoying strong smell. It could do a little better taking off eye makeup but all and all its a nice dependable gentle face wash so far. I will update in couple of weeks! UPDATE- 3/9, well this hasnt broken me out or irritated my skin at all, but I have noticed alot of buildup in my skin, and some clogged pores on my nose, I think im going to stop using it, it just doesnt clean as well as it should, and leaves a residue.

on 1/26/2003 12:42:00 AM

Good to use in the morning when your face is already clean. Very gentle, but I need something more aggressive at night to get makeup off.

Video Reviews & Tutorials