Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/14/2002 2:57:00 AM

I have been using this for three days and I am amazed by it.
Before I always seemed to have some makeup left on my face after cleaning.
Since using the Cetaphil,my face is smooth,soft and totally clean.
I use it with a little facial brush and follow with some Witch Hazel,I love the way my face is so clean and so soft and smooth.
Highly recomend.

on 11/13/2002 12:15:00 AM

I like this cleanser's CLINICAL-looking blue and white bottle. I've been using it on and off for about 10 years, and I find myself consistently turning back to it. I'm not sure what other reviewers mean by "film" unless they're using the product without w ater (useful if you're travelling or campind). I do find, though, that if my skin's going through a seasonal transition (summer to winter dryness or winter to summer oil production) it sometimes lets dirt build up a bit. But, in general, a good, basic, GENTLE cleanser.

on 11/12/2002 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser and I don't know what I've been doing without it! I have super-oily skin, and so when my derm recommended I use it, I was more than a little apprehensive. But once I tried it, I was hooked! I think the fact that it is so moisturizing causes the skin to not overproduce oil, because it tackles my greasies better than any oil control cleanser I've ever used.

on 11/7/2002 10:51:00 AM

This works better than some oily makeup removers, but it is not as gentle as it claims to be. I used this to remove waterproof mascara, and although this worked well there were some residue flakes, I tried again and the skin around my eyes were burning! It felt like the stuff was stripping off a layer of my skin, yet at the same time leaving a film of residue that turns greasy when the face was splashed with water. The packaging is okay, but the price was a little high, for a drug store based product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have skin with a mind of its own. Dry in the winter, sometimes in the summer, oily in spots. I have used Cetaphil on and off over the years. I would not recommend it as a daily for anyone who does not want a strange film sensation left on the skin. This does not remove make-up at all! It would work well for someone w/ very dry skin or in my case, after microderm, laser or Peels. Cetaphil does make an oil-free cleanser that performs heavy duty functions better than this product.
I would only use this again after a skin treatment, it is VERY gentle.

on 11/5/2002 11:50:00 AM

Heard all the hype about this product but after trying it, I think it would only work well for someone that has great skin and it doesn't really matter what you cleanse with. It is not ideal for skin like mine that is sensitive and breakout-prone. Cetaphil is very gentle and it didn't irritate my face but it left my skin feeling grimy and oily.

on 11/4/2002 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

FINALLY a cleanser that works for my dry skin, leaving it smooth and soft. It took a couple of times to get used to the "film" that is left behind, but otherwise wonderful! I can't believe I didn't find this sooner.

Try this on a dry face! It works even better for me than it did when I was wetting my face first! continued >>

on 11/3/2002 6:52:00 PM

I think one either loves or hates this product..i hated it. I tried it when my face was in bad shape, because i wanted to pare everything down to the simplest routine. I was under the impression this stuff was supposed to cleanse my combo skin..not leave it feeling nastier than before. It removed no makeup, and left me w/a gross film..I just don't understand the point of this stuff..yuk!!!

on 10/29/2002 6:44:00 PM

Definitely not a cleanser for my combination skin. It leaves a layer of residue. And I don't feel my skin has been cleansed. Ok for those with very dry and extremely sensitive skin.

on 10/28/2002 11:48:00 PM

I love Cetaphil. It's moisturizing and cleansing all in one. It's not scented-my sensitive skin likes it. And, I use baking soda with it when I want to do a little exfoliation. I also get the generic Walgreens brand. It's the same thing, but about $2 cheaper!

Video Reviews & Tutorials