September 3, 2014 | 1393 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2002 2:32:00 PM More reviews by rlo6

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I either had an allergic reaction to the ingredients or broke out in pimples from the residue makeup left by the cleanser. I cannot believe that this cleanser is so highly recommended by Paula B. It may be gentle but it didn't do anything for me except aggravate my skin and clog my pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2002 5:57:00 AM More reviews by angela7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was not really impressed with this. It didn't break me out but dried my skin out terribly, maybe I will use it in the summer when my skin isn't so dry. Also, it doesn't remove makeup. It is cheap though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2002 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

This stuff never leaves my bathroom. This is my staple morning cleanser, extremely gentle and work great on my normal-dry skin which occasionally has a few breakouts. This doesn't remove my makeup at all, so I use Paula's Choice Cleanser at night and Cetaphil in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2002 10:22:00 AM More reviews by bziemba

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Cetaphil for @8 yrs. Have had quite a Hx of skin "issues" (from oily/combo to dry/combo to dry [age]) and must say that Cetaphil is one of the better prod.'s I've ever used. Over the years, I've noticed it can be slightly drying at times, so I use a toner of some sort at night (sometimes).

For it to be most effective, rub the amount of a quarter or half-dollar onto your face, circular message for a few seconds (w/ attn. around T-zone) and wipe with a dry (or slight/damp) face cloth -again using circular motion. After a night out, I do a quick second wash, which always works great. If you notice residue, buy a mild toner. You'll have residue w/ almost any cleansing agent. I just started using Cle de Peau's Balancing Lotion/Toner, which is very effective & gentle.

Cetaphil is a really quality product that I've seen in nearly every dermatologists office that I've been in. It gets lambasted on MUA Top Picks and that has always confused me =\. It has been tremendously helpful to me over the years. I would recommend it for people who have problemmatic skin, especially allergy prone people - like myself. By the way, I'll be 34 & receive a very satisfying # of complements on my "lovely skin" =D!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2002 9:25:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with my fellow MUA reviewers: while it's a great cleanser for the morning, it will NOT wash off any makeup. (Perhaps this wasn't the original intention, anyways.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2002 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Sarah1977

I used this in the morning and It did not feel like my face has been washed, and it did not clean my make up at all

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2002 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Shantice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the daily face cleanser and moisturizer and it made my dry skin healthy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2002 8:39:00 PM More reviews by sonnie_art

This is a gentle cleanser to use in the morning or when you do not wear makeup. This has the same exact ingredients as Benefit All Types Face Wash. (benefit has two more ingredients.) This is cheaper then Benefit all types face wash and you get more for your money. However,In my opinion, Benefit works a little better. I alternate between this and Benefit all types face wash during the week, in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2002 3:50:00 PM More reviews by SlicKitty

I love Cetaphil, not just for my face, but also for my body...you know, the sensitive bits. My mother was a Surgical Tech for a Dermatologist and that's all he used. That's where I got my start with Cetaphil. At first, I hated it...as a teenager, I just couldn't accept that something that wasn't drying would do the job on my zits, not to mention that you didn't have to rinse it off! I just couldn't be convinced. As a young adult, I'm thoroughly convinced. It's fantastic for my face and all of my parts that need "gentle" cleansing. I even pack it in my gym bag and use it after a lunchtime workout to save time!
>^..^<

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2002 3:10:00 PM More reviews by butterflies24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This didn't work well for me. It didn't remove all of my makeup..especially mascara and it made me breakout.