September 23, 2014 | 2111 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2002 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Kminer

Upon a friend's recommendation I tried this. Love it! I had to get used to the feel - it's (not to be gross) like a milky goo. It does not lather. I have to use it twice- once to get off all the makeup, another to wash my face - but I was typically doing that with 2 different Clinique products before, for a lot more money. The off brand of Cetaphil (like the Walmart brand) seems to work just as well. It does not dry out my face, but leaves it very smooth.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2002 9:35:00 PM More reviews by UltraDiva

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just didn't feel like my face got very clean with everyday use, but i can see how it might be good for someone with EXTREMELY dry or sensitive skin (note the emphasis on EXTREMELY) or if you have a nasty sunburn and need a gentle moisturizing cleanser. it's kinda like ex-lax - you definitely won't use it every day, but it should be in you medicine cabinet for when you desperately need it. cheers ;-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2002 5:31:00 PM More reviews by rjs521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had to try this when it was *hot* like 2 years ago and my normally not so sensitive skin completely broke out from it. UGH. Horrible. I honestly can't think of a single good thing to say about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2002 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Kelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After hearing so many rave reviews and dermatologists' recommendations I tried this. UGH! Left a greasy, filmy residue. Felt like it was impossible to rinse clean. It didn't remove makeup at all. It didn't help with dryness, eczema, or blemishes. Plus, it has a weird, cheap, chemically, drugstore-y smell and the packaging is really ugly too. I just don't like this at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2002 2:32:00 PM More reviews by rlo6

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I either had an allergic reaction to the ingredients or broke out in pimples from the residue makeup left by the cleanser. I cannot believe that this cleanser is so highly recommended by Paula B. It may be gentle but it didn't do anything for me except aggravate my skin and clog my pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2002 5:57:00 AM More reviews by angela7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was not really impressed with this. It didn't break me out but dried my skin out terribly, maybe I will use it in the summer when my skin isn't so dry. Also, it doesn't remove makeup. It is cheap though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2002 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

This stuff never leaves my bathroom. This is my staple morning cleanser, extremely gentle and work great on my normal-dry skin which occasionally has a few breakouts. This doesn't remove my makeup at all, so I use Paula's Choice Cleanser at night and Cetaphil in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2002 10:22:00 AM More reviews by bziemba

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Cetaphil for @8 yrs. Have had quite a Hx of skin "issues" (from oily/combo to dry/combo to dry [age]) and must say that Cetaphil is one of the better prod.'s I've ever used. Over the years, I've noticed it can be slightly drying at times, so I use a toner of some sort at night (sometimes).

For it to be most effective, rub the amount of a quarter or half-dollar onto your face, circular message for a few seconds (w/ attn. around T-zone) and wipe with a dry (or slight/damp) face cloth -again using circular motion. After a night out, I do a quick second wash, which always works great. If you notice residue, buy a mild toner. You'll have residue w/ almost any cleansing agent. I just started using Cle de Peau's Balancing Lotion/Toner, which is very effective & gentle.

Cetaphil is a really quality product that I've seen in nearly every dermatologists office that I've been in. It gets lambasted on MUA Top Picks and that has always confused me =\. It has been tremendously helpful to me over the years. I would recommend it for people who have problemmatic skin, especially allergy prone people - like myself. By the way, I'll be 34 & receive a very satisfying # of complements on my "lovely skin" =D!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2002 9:25:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with my fellow MUA reviewers: while it's a great cleanser for the morning, it will NOT wash off any makeup. (Perhaps this wasn't the original intention, anyways.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2002 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Sarah1977

I used this in the morning and It did not feel like my face has been washed, and it did not clean my make up at all