December 21, 2014 | 1113 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2002 5:47:00 PM More reviews by michellechar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't feel that this did anything as a cleanser, but I love to mix this with baking soda for gentle exfoliation. I will continue to buy this to mix it with the baking soda, but I won't bother with this as it comes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2002 2:08:00 AM More reviews by sprite21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very oily acne-prone skin and although this was very gentle and non-irritating and did not cause any pimples, my face did not feel clean afterwards. My face felt a little too slimy for my taste. My friend who use it and love it all have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2002 6:18:00 AM More reviews by balenciaga

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. It is cheap, effective and very gentle. I have moderate acne breakouts, and this really does help. The acne treatments I use leave my skin pretty irritated and this is the only thing I use to cleanse. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2002 7:35:00 PM More reviews by TiffanyBen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used just about every cleanser Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus sells. Believe it or not after I developed Rosacea the only cleanser that I did not have an adverse reaction to was the gentle skin cleanser Cetaphil. I found it to be gentle, effective and I did not have an allergic reaction. I remove my makeup with Swisspers 100% cotton squares. Right after cleansing I follow up with my prescription topical medicine, my moisturizer DermAesthetics Active Replenishing Lotion and my sunscreen which is Natura Bisse SPF 25.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2002 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another cleanser I come back to from time to time. It's simple and basic and there's not much to dislike about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2002 4:08:00 PM More reviews by gaudiora

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome morning cleanser! No, Cetaphil does not remove makeup. I'm glad that it doesn't because then it would have harsher cleansing agents. I just use a makeup remover to take off my eye makeup and all goes well. My face is gently cleansed after I use it, and feels moisturized too.

I buy the generic version of this from Walgreen's, and every so often, there's a "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" sale and I stock up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2002 5:29:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I made the mistake of buying a huge bottle of this to take on vacation with me, and it totally ruined my skin! It took a week for it to start looking better again. I had to wash my face twice to get off my makeup and make my skin feel clean, but I was still left with a wierd residue and a rash of red bumps on my cheeks. I have sensitive/combo skin and was VERY disapointed with this cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2002 2:17:00 PM More reviews by sarahn

Left a film and broke me out. Only for the driest skins.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2002 12:28:00 AM More reviews by lalalarobin

When my skin was dry and cracking I used Cetaphil. It moisturized my skin great, but ended up making me break out and make my skin super oily. If you have dry skin this is definately recommended, but if not, I would not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2002 4:45:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ultra-gentle liquid cleanser that's perfect for sensitive and/or dry skintypes. It leaves the skin clean, yet comfortably moisturized-- not squeaky clean that may be stripped. I used this for a few years and really liked it. It removed my eye makeup easily, but needed the assistance of a washcloth to make sure my skin was truly makeup-free. It won't sting your eyes. I've since moved on to Sage Facial Shampoo Regular, which removes makeup completely without the need for a washcloth. Now, I use Cetaphil as a shave lotion for my ultra-sensitive underarms. It leaves my underarms calm and soothed.