Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 12/13/2002 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am now recovering from a very , very bad experience with Shiseido , Chanel and Orlane products that ruined my skin . From oily with clean pores and just a few breakouts in months , these products succeeded to make my skin oilier than ever , with daily breakouts and a lot of clogged pores . The worst part is that my skin became very dry , dehydrated in the same time as more oilier and very sensitive and easy irritable. I stopped using these products and I am using just Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. Sincerely , I was not expecting nothing good from this cleanser , a lot of people told me that made them breakout and that it doesn’t cleanse well makeup but I do not use makeup so it is ok . My skin is better and better every day , I had no breakouts for 2 weeks now , the irritation and dryness is gone. The oiliness is 10 times less and I am very happy because of this too ! It is not expensive , I paid 12 CND for the biggest bottle , 450 ml I think and the pomp is very helpful.

I think that everybody should give it a try , it could be the right product for your skin.

on 12/13/2002 4:24:00 AM

Want great looking skin without the huge price tag? Use Cetaphil. I just can't sing the praises high enough for this simple but extremely effective product. I have tried everything and keep coming back to this. An oldie but a goodie!! Yay!!

on 12/12/2002 9:58:00 AM

I've tried this on and off many times but it always breaks me out - I won't be buying/trying again.

on 12/11/2002 7:45:00 AM

I've been using this for years and it's the best! My dermotalogist even asked me what I usedsince she thought my skins looked so good (for a 52 year old!). (I follow it up w/Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner.) Will never change products. After sudsing Cetaphil on my face, I gently wipe it off with a face cloth and then rinse. Removes makeup and is a great exfoliant!

on 12/8/2002 8:40:00 PM

I have tried on more than one ocasion to use this face wash and I just can't. It's just too gentle for my skin, barely removes my makeup and actually makes me breakout! I'll stick with Neutrogena products!

on 12/7/2002 12:04:00 PM

It's just too gentle to me. I like to have a squeezy cleaning feeling after wash.

on 12/6/2002 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! My skin is oily, acne prone, but always dries out from regular cleansers. (Even Cetaphil's gentle cleansing bar is too harsh.) I use it with a wet cotton pad to clean my oilier areas and to help exfoliate a bit. This leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean but not taut, and it keeps me breakout free. Perfect!

on 12/5/2002 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff when it comes to my face being dry in the winter. I cleans well and doesn't leave my skin tight as well. Cheap too considering you don't need that much product to later up.

on 11/29/2002 5:33:00 AM

I first tried this product as a teen because I thought more simple skincare routine (without harsh ingredients) would help my skin. Yikes! It made my acne worse. I recently tried it again, and my nearly normal skin is still a little too oily to be effectively cleansed by Cetaphil. I feel oily even immediately after using it. PLUS it does not take off makeup.

I lovee the Cetaphil Normal to Oily skin cleanser. I've been using it for over a year now and it doesn't make your face feel all tight and dry afterwards. I have very sensitive skin and overall this is the best cleanser I've ever used.