Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used to dislike this cleanser because, it does nothing to my skin. But that was when I do not have much breakouts and pimples. Recently, I started to have pimples and acne and it clear up my skin so much! I even recommand this to a fren of mine and his face was also all cleared up! I love this!

I've been using Cetaphil for over a year now and still love it. I have very sensitive skin, prone to break out and this is mild enough to use day and night. It removes all my makeup, not all of my mascara but all foundation etc. I even use the moisterizer and it works great too.

I had been reading about this product for years, so I finally decided to try it. This cleanser was one step above water alone in terms of removing dirt and makeup from my face. I always had to wash again after using this cleanser. If you have very sensitive skin and don't wear makeup, I suppose this would be a decent cleanser. The price is certainly right.

My family doctor introduced me to this product a few years ago. I used to have occasional breakouts. He even said that this cleanser can be used as a moisturizer. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone. My pores seems to be enlarged after I use this product. Maybe this cleanser would be more suitable for dry skin.

I loooove Cetaphil. I don't know for the life of me what everyone seems to hate about it, but it's just the perfect cleanser. Granted, it does not remove makeup, but for days when I'm not wearing any, and in the morning, it's the best there is. I simply wet my face, pump out a squirt of Cetaphil, apply, and rise off. It always rinses clean and leaves my skin soft and moisturized.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is too greasy for me, I do use the oily skin formula, which isn't great for removing makeup-but it's an okay cleanser. You have to use a ton of it to feel like you're cleaning anything, unless you have dry skin.I wanted to buy this for my husband and saw there was a knock off ( at a major superstore, hint..hint..)and the ingredient list was identical!! Bought the other one, which is was cheaper and is gently moisturizing and doesn't have a fragrance, just like Cetaphil. I'll stick with that because Cetaphil is a bit steep for me, and use the oily skin formula when I don't need to remove makeup or oil build-up on my face.

I started using Cetaphil about 2 months ago and I LOVE IT! I don't understand why so many people say it doesn't remove their makeup! It takes all my makeup off-including eye makeup! It probably wouldn't remove waterproof mascara, but it takes off regular mascara just fine. I use a soft washcloth and rinse it off afterwards. This is actually the first cleanser I have ever used that has CLEARED up my skin. All these years I have been using harsh acne soaps and cleansers and they didn't do squat-except burn and dry out my face! I don't know, maybe I am just lucky, but my face hasn't looked this good since before puberty!!! :^P So I am going to keep buying this stuff. The price is also a big plus! It did take a little while to get used to how boring this cleanser is- no smell or foam, but now it is no big deal...

I love Cetaphil, but only as a morning cleanser, and I can use it at night if I remove my make up with a make-up remover first. It leaves my skin nice and soft and I dont dry out.

I use Cetaphil on my sensitive skin in the evenings before I go to bed. It's nice -- it doesn't break me out, it doesn't dry me out, and it rinses clean (eventually). It's a great, basic, non-irritating cleanser, which is exactly what it's advertised as. However, it doesn't remove eye makeup at all, or even regular makeup when applied heavily for an event. I have to use a lot of this product for it to cleanse without absorbing into my skin, so a bottle doesn't really last me very long. I've found that the best way to get results from Cetaphil is to remove your makeup FIRST, with a gentle makeup remover like Lancome's Bi-Facil, then rub a generous amount of the Cetaphil between your hands (to warm it up a little -- otherwise it's really cold and slimy) and apply all over your face. Massage it in for about a minute, or until all the slime feels warm. Rinse VERY WELL with warm water, using a washcloth, if necessary. Follow up with a good moisturizer. Obviously, this process is a pain in the a$$, so I'm always on the lookout for something new. Unfortunately, I have yet to find anything better for my picky, picky skin. UPDATE 4/28/03: I have found that Chantecaille's Flower Infused Cleansing Milk does a better job of removing makeup, is even more gentle, and has a nicer smell than Cetaphil. It's pricey, but seems worth it so far (using it since 4/25). It is very expensive, though, so I'll keep the Cetaphil around in case I'm broke when I run out of the Chantecaille!

I do not understand what the big deal is with Cetaphil. I have used better cleansers. The reason it is not an extremely harsh cleanser is because it doesn't seem to cleanse at all.

Video Reviews & Tutorials