Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/14/2003 2:27:00 PM

This cleanser is perfect for my tempermental, mostly dry, skin. It leaves my face soft and supple. I think it's one of those cases where less is more, and I'm finally starting to learn I don't have to overstrip my skin in order for it to be clean. Seems pricy at first, but the large pump bottle lasts about a year.

on 1/11/2003 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This wash left my skin feeling really tight & dry. Yuck!

on 1/9/2003 3:25:00 PM

This is very good for my ultra sensitive and dry skin. I use it without water for the driest days. During regular days, when i wash my face in the morning, i wet my face, put a dad of cetaphil in my hand, add a tiny bit of baking soda, and make a scrub. It's quick, cheap as heck, and leaves my skin very soft and glowingly smooth. PS: i only use it in the morning because it does not take off my makeup.

on 1/8/2003 1:04:00 PM

This is a staple in my bathroom. When I need exfoliation, I mix a few pumpfuls of Cetaphil with a tablespoon of baking soda, and it always does the trick. Good for removing makeup as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Yuck! I know that lots of people love this stuff, but it didn't work for me. I broke out after using it, and I didn;t really think it was that gentle as it stung my face if I didn't immediately rinse it off, which made getting makeup off very difficult. Foaming cleansers work better for me.

on 1/6/2003 10:55:00 PM

This stuff Rock! Here's the Secret:Use it as an astringent first on a dry cotton ball. The cotton ball plus cetaphil will remove ALL your makeup and dirt. Then apply a little to your fingertips and wash it off with warm water. Your skin with be clean, soft and not dried out. I've had really bad acne and this stuff works wonder to keep it looking totally clear!

on 1/5/2003 12:56:00 PM

My face feels more greasy than before I cleaned it with this cleanser.

on 1/3/2003 7:47:00 PM

This is a great cleanser for sensitive skin. I use it in the morning: Apply it on *dry* skin, massage it in, then use water to slowly massage it away. It cleans well and leaves my skin supple.

Here's my experience:

1) Don't expect this to take off makeup. This doesn't work on heavy-soiled face. It will take off some makeup but not all.

2) Don't use this in the shower. When used in the shower, the cleanser gets diluted and looses its cleansing effect.

3) Although the word 'foaming' is in the product title, it doesn't really foam. It took me two bottles to get used to the idea and now I love it. Hey, this is recommended to me by 2 dermatologists and an allergist, can't go wrong with that...

PS. My current dermatologist said this can be used as a light moisturizer since it isn't made of soap...I haven't tried it yet.

on 1/3/2003 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a grrreat gentle cleanser. It gets rid of oil and dirt without completely stripping your skin like most other products. I usualy use this cleanser in the morning and then use my harsher cleanser at night when I'm fighting acne during my sleep. It is a bit expensive in the store but it lasts a long time. Yay! Update: I finally made this a scrub by combining it with Baking Soda! It was divine! My face felt cleaner-just make sure you keep your mouth closed or you'll be in salt city! UPDATE: The Stearic ingredients in this finally made me break out--I haven't used this in months. Good for very sensitive skin though.

on 1/2/2003 5:54:00 AM

best thing i've ever done for my face...before i started using it, my skin was totally oily in the t-zone and i'd break out constantly, and all the other parts of my face were dry....now, my t-zone rarely gets oily, isnt as dry, is less irritated after washing, and because of that i dont break out as much anymore

Video Reviews & Tutorials