December 19, 2014 | 1588 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2002 12:59:00 AM More reviews by chusuyuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this to remove my makeup. But it doesn't do a effective job and I doesn't even clean my skin well. I'm not going to spend more on this cleanser!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2002 3:47:00 PM More reviews by MeditativeRose

This was recommended in a book I read. I really didn't enjoy it at all. I didn't feel like it cleansed my skin well.
Update: I just tried this again, in a trial size, since so many people seem to enjoy it. I'll try it for awhile, but I think it was the texture that bothered me previously. It also seems to leave a residue behind (though that was taken care of by my toner). Update #2: Okay, a few days later, I can say that my chin is breaking out and the only thing I've changed is the cleanser. This does not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2002 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Rascal

I used to use this for years. Finally I realized that as a cleanser it was good unfortantly it wasn't good at removing makeup. I don't like to use several products one to remove makeup another to cleanse so I decided to look for another cleanser to do the job. It would make a good morning cleanser but I'll just stick to Paula's Choice cleanser for now. Everyone should at least give this product a try especially if you have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2002 9:44:00 PM More reviews by NatashaK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this for about three years. It's pretty good stuff. I love the price, and it does a decent job of cleaning without drying out my skin. I need to use water to wash it off (the package suggests that you can either wash or towel if off) though, otherwise it leaves a greasy residue. All round solid product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2002 3:37:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

This cleanser is very reasonably priced and lasts a while. It gets off even stubborn eye makeup gently, and it softens the skin as it cleans. Its one of the few things that my skin doesnt break out to : ) and that is always a plus!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2002 2:57:00 PM More reviews by AmyW

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was not the product for me. I have combination skin (more oily than dry) and this left me with horrible acne---deep, under the skin bumps. Also left my skin with that greasy residue others have mentioned. Judging by the other rave reviews, I'm sure this is a good product, but it took me weeks to get my skin back to somewhat normal.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2002 11:44:00 AM More reviews by feiste

Very mild cleanser. Did not note any change in skin but felt that it was too gentle.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2002 1:06:00 PM More reviews by bmom76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I must admit, the first few times I used this, I hated it. I never thought I would get used to the texture (felt like lotion on my face!), and I was convinced that my skin was not getting cleaned. But, I made myself stick with it because my skin was getting pretty sensitive. Once I got used to the feeling of Cetaphil on my skin, I actually liked it! Hmm, I haven't been without it since that day, and my skin is soft and thanking me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2002 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Casii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super-sensitive oily skin and I use this as one of the few things that will not make my skin go nuts. I mix it with my facial scrub for exfoliation too. I'm always on the look-out for specials on this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2002 5:47:00 PM More reviews by michellechar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't feel that this did anything as a cleanser, but I love to mix this with baking soda for gentle exfoliation. I will continue to buy this to mix it with the baking soda, but I won't bother with this as it comes.