Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 2/19/2003 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

hmmmm, during the first few days i felt this stuff was working, making my cystic acne calm down. after about a week though, i started breaking out in areas that ive never had trouble with: chin, along my nose. its getting really bad. seems to work at first because it does nothing, doesnt irritate, but seems very ineffecive at cleansing my oily skin. bleh.

on 2/19/2003 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used Cetaphil for almost eight years. Every once in a while I try something new, but within a week, I am always back to the Cetaphil. I have dry, sensitive skin, and I have found nothing better! 2014 EDIT: I haven't used this in years. I used Aquanil when given a large sample by my dermatologist, and when I tried to go back to Cetaphil, it stung. No idea what happened. So now, I use Aquanil.

on 1/28/2003 10:06:00 PM

I use this in the mornings as a wet cleanser, which works well because I don't have any makeup to remove, and I need a gentle, non-offensive cleansing product.

In the evenings, though, I tend to this this more as a wipe-off cleanser to take off my makeup. I pop some on a cotton pad, and it works really well to remove foundation and eye makeup, although mascara takes a bit more scrubbing. Then I wash with a wash-off cleanser to make sure everything has been removed. This is a gentle product suitable for all skin types. Not exactly exciting stuff, but it works well! continued >>

on 1/20/2003 3:50:00 AM

I use this to remove my makeup before washing with water. I squirt some on a cotton pad, and it's great for removing stubborn foundation, and also very gentle on the eyes. Doesn't irritate my combo-dry skin, and doesn't have any obvious scent to me either.

on 2/17/2003 7:39:00 PM

I love this stuff. I started using it about 6 months ago and I'll never use anything else. There is a foaming cleanser and a cleanser and I've used both. The cleanser is probably what folks are objecting to regarding the residue. You can opt to leave it on your face or clean it off, which I did and never had that problem. I've never had my skin feel as soft as it does with this cleanser.

on 2/14/2003 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use it for 5 months and I got very good results with it , my skin is combination /acne prone and somewhat sensitive . At first I only used it in the morning but for 2-3 weeks now I use it at night too because it is very cold here in Canada and my skin needs very gentle cleansing.
The strange part is that I do not feel any “film” on my face when I use Cetaphil , probably depends on the way you wash your face . After I use it my face is clean , squeaky clean actually ,very soft and comfortable . I do not have any irritations , pimples or very dry skin anymore . I like it alot and I will continue to use it because a gentle cleanser is way better then a harsh one that in time will “help” the skin to dehydrate and wrinkle .

on 2/14/2003 11:50:00 AM

i'm sorry but this cleanser really rots. it leaves a residue on your face and causes breakouts. i also find it drying so i never know what everyone's talking about when they rave about this. a much better product is Sage's Facial Shampoo.

on 2/14/2003 3:55:00 AM

This is the only cleanser i could use that doesnt irritate my sensitive skin while on treatment.
I truly like this cleanser ecept that it cant really clean a face with makeup...to do this..you have to wash at least two times..to be satisfied...anyway for a makeup free face, this is an awesome cleanser...definitely my holy grail product

on 2/13/2003 9:30:00 PM

I really love cetaphil I've used it for more then 3 years it's great for me since I have dry and sensitive skin

on 2/13/2003 7:23:00 PM

I love Cetaphil!! My skin is sooo dry, I could wash it with plain water and it will feel tight. Unless my skin is really dirty, I usually opt to use it without water, kind of like a cold cream, that way my skin is still soft and moisturized. I've even used it on my 4 yr old- he has ezcema and it does wonders to give him a waterless bath that way without irritating his breakouts. I don't know what took me so long to try it, but it's the end of the road for me- I'm not buying another facial cleanser ever, this is it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials