Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

its about $10, a bit pricier than other drugstore cleansers but u get a huge bottle. i love this stuff and have been using it for about 3 years. i used to have a lot of acne and this stuff did improve my skin but it look about 3-4 months for my skin to adjust. you won't get that "tight" feeling with this. the bad thing about this is it is very light and won't take your makeup off. i only use this in the mornings when i dont have makeup to remove.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this for about a month & alternate between this and the Cetaphil Normal to Oily wash. I really like it....I now realize that I was cleansing too "harshly" and coupled with all of my acne fighting products, was REALLY drying my skin out. Cleansing with cetaphil...I'm finding my AHA, BHA & BPO aren't irritating me anymore. It doesn't do a great job of removing eye makeup, but it doesn't sting my eyes at all which is a plus. It's also CHEAP, I'd rather spend my $ on products that stay on my face longer than a cleanser!
UPDATE: Probably fine for a normal/dry skin...but eventually broke me out...clogged pores, etc. No longer using.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

I bought this product before it became "popular" out there and still use it. It's great for super sensitive skin but it doesn't do much for the breakouts. The dermatologist recommended this when I had severe dry skin. Thumbs up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

NOT FOR ACNE!!! This is the worst product you can buy if you have acne prone skin. My skin looked the worst it has ever looked while using Cetaphil. It does not remove make-up and my derm advocated me not using it for my acne-prone skin.

Don't use anything with Mineral oil in it unless you have dry skin!!! Mineral oil and petrolatum are pore-clogging and are not synergistic with the skin like plant-based ingredients.

Eyes: Violet

Ehh, I guess I'm in the minority here, but it actually dried my skin, and left a ry, taught parched feeling, it actually hurt to smile. then the next day my skin started FLAKING.

All this and I don't even have liek super dry skin, in fact super oily in some areas, I don't knwo what it is, but I'm steering clear of this from now on.

I love this cleanser! My doctor recommended it after I complained of redness and constant flaky, dry skin. I had been using exfoliants, which triggered even more irritation on top of rosacea. Since using Cetaphil, I have had no problems with dryness and flakes. My skin feels so much better, too.

Cetaphil has been the best cleanser/moisturizer i've used in a very long time. While it's not the best at removing make-up; it works wonders at leaving my combination skin feeling soft and non flaky.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought a bottle of this product after my doctor recommended it for my dry, sensitive skin. What a value! It's been 4 months and I'm not even halfway through the container. I haven't found it to work too well for removing heavy makeup, but it's great for washing my face in the morning. It's the only cleanser I've found that doesn't leave my skin tight and/or itchy 15 minutes after cleansing. I'd highly recommend it for anyone with sensitive skin who doesn't wear a whole lot of makeup. (Or is willing to use another facial cleansing product in the evening.)

I cant understand the negative reviews for this product. I think this product is great for many reasons.

1. Dab a drop to your eyelids and it will remove your eyemakeup without stinging.

2. Mix two squirts with a heaping half teaspoon of baking soda and use the paste as a face exfoliant.

3. Use it on your legs when you run out of shaving preparation.

4. Use it as a cleanser on days your skin feels dry and irritated.

5. If you have been wearing heavy makeup, apply this to your face and rinse off first before you lather with your usual cleanser.

Five uses in one product! What could be better? continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials