Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/1/2003 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product as I had heard many good reviews on it.

I really didn't feel like my face was clean afterwards. Luckily, I was able to return it to the drugstore.

on 12/30/2002 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried this cleanser as well as the one for oily skin. I have not a had a bit of success with either cleanser. Both cleansers dry my skin out terribly after one cleansing leaving my face dry and tight. I have combination skin and after my experience with Cetaphil I would not reccomend this cleanser to anyone.

on 12/29/2002 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice morning cleanser. It's very soothing and doesn't dry out my skin. I wouldn't use it at night to remove makeup, but overall it's a good cleanser. I like the fact that it isn't fragranced.

on 12/27/2002 3:10:00 PM

Not gentle enough for me, unfortunately. It's a decent cleanser and I can use it occasionally in the summer when my skin isn't so dry, but even then I can't use it for more than a week or two at time. It dries out my skin too much. I prefer PC Skin Recovery Cleanser or, from the drugstore, Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser.

on 12/27/2002 10:57:00 AM

I liked it ok, though it kinda made my face feel tight and just a tad dried out. I have found other products that work better though.

on 12/23/2002 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have given Cetaphil at least four tries and I'm convinced that this stuff does not clean my face. I used it in the shower and rinsed it off with plenty of water but after a couple of weeks of using this I had terrible breakouts, which are very unusual for me.

The search for the perfect cleanser continues ... continued >>

on 12/20/2002 8:06:00 AM

this clogged my pores. paula's choice version is better imho.

on 12/19/2002 8:17:00 PM

Cetaphil Ingredients:

My oily/combo skin did not feel thoroughly clean after rinsing. It's ok for the price and it is very gentle to the skin...I will probably use it when my skin feels drier. I use minimal makeup (suncreen, mineral make up, lipstick, and a light coat of mascara) ususally, and it can't remove it fully.

UPDATE***Mixing a bit of baking soda or sugar to this make a world of difference. It even removed my makeup fairly well! I probably won't repurchase because I love trying other things. I really love cleansing oils now.

on 12/18/2002 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm rating this as a hand cleanser, as that's what many dermatologists recommend it for. For those whose hands are too sensitive for detergent soaps and harsh antibacterial formulas, this is a great option. It's a bit on the expensive side for such use, but it's worth it in protecting your hands against eczema.

on 12/16/2002 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this. Very gentle but thorough. Hint--buy the drugstore equivalent-usually placed right next to the actual Cetaphil on the shelf. They're the same product and cheaper! Good winter skin-saving product. :-)