January 28, 2015 | 941 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2002 11:44:00 PM More reviews by crzyblinkgurl

This is my absolute favorite cleanser. The consistency of the cleanser takes some getting used to, but it's well worth the try. This leaves my skin so soft and radiant. I don't know what I've been doing without it.I have tried many cleansers over the years for my acne prone skin, and this cleanser is hands down my favorite. I rarely repurchase a cleanser, but when I run out of this one, I will continue to repurchase this one. UPDATE: 2/12/02 I stopped using this about a month ago, because I realized it was clogging my pores and possibly causing breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2002 1:46:00 AM More reviews by lysa1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can not explain how much I love this stuff. it makes my skin feel soft and smooth. my skin looks fresh and radiant when using this.it takes off all of my makeup and it does not irritate my skin at all! I have tried so many other cleansers and I always keep coming back to this one and I have finally relaized I do not need anything else.

P.S there are alot og knock off brands that are just as good and less exspensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2002 12:01:00 PM More reviews by bari_liz

ok, i CAN'T believe how much i love this. After reading the reviews on productville, i almost didnt buy it. Just TRY it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2002 4:18:00 PM More reviews by teresagurn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After many allergic reactions, Cetaphil was recommended to me. I have been using it for over 5 years now. I don't wear make-up on a daily basis, also due to my sensitive skin, but thanks to cetaphil, I don't have to cover anythin up.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2002 3:01:00 PM More reviews by marisa193

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Cetaphil, however I would only use this in the morning b/c it does not remove any makeup. I tried using this at night after using Clinique's rinse off foaming cleanser and it stung my face. However, in the morning it works great. Leaves my skin so smooth and non-irritated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2002 2:49:00 PM More reviews by plumduff

Great standard water-soluable cleanser. It doesn't remove makeup, so I only use it in the mornings. No scent, no irritation, no drying and no blemishes. It comes with a pump, which is all I care about in packaging. If it only removed makeup, it would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2002 11:39:00 AM More reviews by scooper

This is the best cleanser for winter when my nose and cheeks get dry, red and flaky. This does a thorough job of cleansing my skin (I don't wear foundation)without leaving it irritated. I love it. I wash with this morning and night, followed by toner, Chanel destressant, moisturizer and I'm off. My only gripe is the packaging. The bottle is so big and clumsy looking. I wish it came in a pump or smaller size.

PS...don't use as an eyemakeup remover. Its not strong enough (thats why they develop special cleanses for that area!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2002 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been using Cetaphil Cleanser for Oily/Combo skin for about a year (the foaming kind). However, my skin gets really dry in the winter, and the use of Retin-A and Azalex for acne meant I was ending up with red, flaky, painfully dry patches. I was hesitant to try the non-foaming gel formula for dry skin, thinking that it would leave my skin feeling greasy and unclean. I am, however, totally hooked on this stuff now! My dryness/redness was gone after one day and my skin does feel clean after using it. Furthermore, it has not caused me to break out, either. It is affordable, gentle, and effective. A winner...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2002 2:57:00 AM More reviews by rainedayz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for three days and I am amazed by it.
Before I always seemed to have some makeup left on my face after cleaning.
Since using the Cetaphil,my face is smooth,soft and totally clean.
I use it with a little facial brush and follow with some Witch Hazel,I love the way my face is so clean and so soft and smooth.
Highly recomend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2002 12:15:00 AM More reviews by sedge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser's CLINICAL-looking blue and white bottle. I've been using it on and off for about 10 years, and I find myself consistently turning back to it. I'm not sure what other reviewers mean by "film" unless they're using the product without w ater (useful if you're travelling or campind). I do find, though, that if my skin's going through a seasonal transition (summer to winter dryness or winter to summer oil production) it sometimes lets dirt build up a bit. But, in general, a good, basic, GENTLE cleanser.