December 22, 2014 | 1038 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2002 11:50:00 AM More reviews by jennakstar

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Heard all the hype about this product but after trying it, I think it would only work well for someone that has great skin and it doesn't really matter what you cleanse with. It is not ideal for skin like mine that is sensitive and breakout-prone. Cetaphil is very gentle and it didn't irritate my face but it left my skin feeling grimy and oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2002 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jillianbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FINALLY a cleanser that works for my dry skin, leaving it smooth and soft. It took a couple of times to get used to the "film" that is left behind, but otherwise wonderful! I can't believe I didn't find this sooner.

Try this on a dry face! It works even better for me than it did when I was wetting my face first! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2002 6:52:00 PM More reviews by mjoy

I think one either loves or hates this product..i hated it. I tried it when my face was in bad shape, because i wanted to pare everything down to the simplest routine. I was under the impression this stuff was supposed to cleanse my combo skin..not leave it feeling nastier than before. It removed no makeup, and left me w/a gross film..I just don't understand the point of this stuff..yuk!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2002 6:44:00 PM More reviews by kittyhawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely not a cleanser for my combination skin. It leaves a layer of residue. And I don't feel my skin has been cleansed. Ok for those with very dry and extremely sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2002 11:48:00 PM More reviews by classygirl

I love Cetaphil. It's moisturizing and cleansing all in one. It's not scented-my sensitive skin likes it. And, I use baking soda with it when I want to do a little exfoliation. I also get the generic Walgreens brand. It's the same thing, but about $2 cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2002 1:15:00 AM More reviews by jayd

this is the only thing that I have found that actually cleanses my face and doesn't irritate my sensitve skin *AT ALL*. It's gentle but removes all my make up and helps with breakouts.
It's moderately priced and packaged nice & practically.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2002 5:21:00 PM More reviews by punchpanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

very nice cleanser...too bad it doesnt cause me to breakout or else i wouldve made it an excellent cleanser...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2002 2:08:00 PM More reviews by GreeneyedGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for combination skin. My face always feels clean and refreshed after using it. Inexpensive at around $10/bottle and lasts a long time. You definitely need to use an eyemakeup remover in addtion to this, but I love it as a cleanser-the best!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2002 10:13:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

I liked this product the first couple of days I used it but then it started drying my face out. It also doesnt have the best smell in the world. I really wanted to like it but just couldnt in the end.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2002 12:28:00 PM More reviews by carbonatedbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My mother bathed me in Cetaphil when I was an infant. I continued to use the product until I was about ten. I didn't use it for years until a few months ago. I bought the generic Rite-Aid version on a whim. That burned the hell out of the skin around my nose. My entire face felt so irritated. I finally had to toss it out.