August 23, 2014 | 1819 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2002 7:03:00 PM More reviews by critiquette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh another thing! I believe water quality in your area has a lot to do with whether a cleanser will rinse off properly or not.
It is okay to leave a thin layer of cetaphil on your skin though, it'll help keep it soft and supple and it is not greasy at all, it will feel wet at first but it's not "greasy", it's just "cetaphil" (like simple, non irritating glycerin protecting your skin).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2002 6:59:00 PM More reviews by critiquette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for someone who doesn't wear that much makeup. Like many "good-for-skin" cleansers, this one does NOT remove makeup or tacky sunscreens. I strongly recommend using a makeup remover or a foaming cleanser before you use cetaphil. It will keep your skin soft, you don't even need a moisturizer afterwards. I love this cleanser because it really keeps my skin soft and silky. I usually use it in the morning and at night before bed, when there is not much daytime guck (makeup, sunscreen) on my face. But most makeup and sunscreens are skin irritants and too heavy for your skin's natural health anyway... so I guess people who love this in general don't wear makeup most of the time and have good skin to begin with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2002 1:46:00 AM More reviews by breezybri

I like this stuff. It's simple and effective, makes my skin feel clean and moisturized, and I am a sucker for big packaging, and this bottle is huge.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2002 9:45:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I don't like this stuff! I wanted to, but I just don't! It doesn't remove makeup very well, and I'm left with a sort of "waxy" or "filmy" feeling on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2002 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's so funny... I have used this off and on since I was born. My skin is extremely sensitive, and I started having rashes shortly after I was born. (I have several bad allergies and eczema.) My mom would use this on me all the time. I still use this, when my eczema flares up. It is very gentle, and cleanses well enough. It doesn't dry my skin either, which is essential! However, I prefer to use a sudsy cleanser when my skin is more normal. I just feel more fresh with something sudsy! But this is defn. a wonderful cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2002 3:02:00 AM More reviews by chusuyuki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is effective in removing light makeup, not heavy makeup. After cleaning my face with this cleanser, I use toner on my face and found some makeup grime on the cotton pad. PLus points for the price and it's really very very gentle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2002 4:55:00 PM More reviews by YolandaMC

This is great! It doesn't lather up, but it removes my makeup from my face. It's very, very gentle. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2002 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Sarah1977

To me it did not feel like that my skin felt clean, I used water to rinse of and my skin did not look clean and fresh.. My mom use this due to having ezhema this is ideal for her skin type than mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2002 11:52:00 AM More reviews by fort

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the gentleness of this product. It is good to use at those times when I have already washed my face a few times that day and I don't want to strip it. The problem is that my skin is too oily for me to use Cetaphil regularly. I found that Cetaphil doesn't get the oil out of my pores and hence, breakouts. But I will always keep a bottle around for those times when I need a gentle cleanser. I have not experienced the "film" that many reviewers talk about. My skin feels very soft and pure after I use this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2002 7:30:00 PM More reviews by desy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard so many good comments about this product. Finally I bought, but actually I had overestimated. This cleanser was really greasy, and couldn't remove makeup, and finally made me break out. It was a gentle cleanser, though. So, I just used it to wash my hand. It was really good for hand only.