Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 2/14/2003 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use it for 5 months and I got very good results with it , my skin is combination /acne prone and somewhat sensitive . At first I only used it in the morning but for 2-3 weeks now I use it at night too because it is very cold here in Canada and my skin needs very gentle cleansing.
The strange part is that I do not feel any “film” on my face when I use Cetaphil , probably depends on the way you wash your face . After I use it my face is clean , squeaky clean actually ,very soft and comfortable . I do not have any irritations , pimples or very dry skin anymore . I like it alot and I will continue to use it because a gentle cleanser is way better then a harsh one that in time will “help” the skin to dehydrate and wrinkle .

on 2/14/2003 11:50:00 AM

i'm sorry but this cleanser really rots. it leaves a residue on your face and causes breakouts. i also find it drying so i never know what everyone's talking about when they rave about this. a much better product is Sage's Facial Shampoo.

on 2/14/2003 3:55:00 AM

This is the only cleanser i could use that doesnt irritate my sensitive skin while on treatment.
I truly like this cleanser ecept that it cant really clean a face with makeup...to do this..you have to wash at least two times..to be satisfied...anyway for a makeup free face, this is an awesome cleanser...definitely my holy grail product

on 2/13/2003 9:30:00 PM

I really love cetaphil I've used it for more then 3 years it's great for me since I have dry and sensitive skin

on 2/13/2003 7:23:00 PM

I love Cetaphil!! My skin is sooo dry, I could wash it with plain water and it will feel tight. Unless my skin is really dirty, I usually opt to use it without water, kind of like a cold cream, that way my skin is still soft and moisturized. I've even used it on my 4 yr old- he has ezcema and it does wonders to give him a waterless bath that way without irritating his breakouts. I don't know what took me so long to try it, but it's the end of the road for me- I'm not buying another facial cleanser ever, this is it!

on 2/11/2003 9:51:00 PM

I love this product. I use it daily to take off my makeup or if my skin is really dry. It cleanses great and makes my skin feel clean and smooth. It took me a while to get use to it, because I have always used a foaming or harsher cleanser. This is great though and removes all traces of makeup and dirt. It also will not clogg the pores. I still use other cleansers, but this is my staple one that I will aways have in my cabinet.

on 2/11/2003 11:28:00 AM

HI!!! I HAVE ALREADY WRITTEN A COUPLE OF REVIEWS ABOUT CETAPHIL (I'M NOT REALLY A BIG FAN OF IT, SORRY EVERYONE! :) BUT I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO READ MY REVIEW ABOUT DERMA-GLO SKINCARE... IT IS LENGTHY BUT IT MAY SAVE YOU FROM MAKING THE MISTAKE THAT I DID! PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT! THANKS

on 2/9/2003 10:10:00 PM

I've been using this for a week, and wow! My face is definitely more moisturized after using this, which is a plus in the winter months. It takes off all of my makeup, too, contrary to popular opinion. AND my breakouts have dramatically decreased (fingers crossed)!

Update: This does NOT take off eye makeup, and now that summer is almost here, it's clogging my t-zone a bit...will probably switch over to something else until this fall again.

on 2/9/2003 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

BabyDevil, you aren't the only one. After 35 years of life, I finally figured out that I am SLS allergic. I always thought it was individual products that caused me trouble - I hadn't made the full conclusion.

I'm sure that many more people with "sensitive skin" or weird acne and dryness around their hairline, down their back (from shampoo) or at the corners of their mouth (from toothpaste) are SLS allergic.

I'm always surprised that products like this are recommended by dermotologists--in ads and in so many magazines. I think the SLS allergy is much more common than people realize. I tried the Cetephil line a few years ago, thinking it would be so mild, it was so recommended, and I had horrible reactions. At the time CVS had a return policy, and they got lots of tubes and bottles back from me.

Sorry to go on in the space of just one product review. I've just joined the site and I suppose hoping to save someone else from another day of thinking it's "bad skin" not so many products. If this does work for you, great, you're just not SLS allergic.

When I tried samples of this product years ago I thought it was a nice gentle cleanser, that left my face feeling really soft. However, after buying a large bottle, this really started to irritate my face. I finally finished that large bottle after 18 months. In the end I had to use it as hand soap. It did an average job at that too, but at least it didn't irritate my hands.