October 25, 2014 | 1026 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2002 1:06:00 PM More reviews by bmom76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I must admit, the first few times I used this, I hated it. I never thought I would get used to the texture (felt like lotion on my face!), and I was convinced that my skin was not getting cleaned. But, I made myself stick with it because my skin was getting pretty sensitive. Once I got used to the feeling of Cetaphil on my skin, I actually liked it! Hmm, I haven't been without it since that day, and my skin is soft and thanking me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2002 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Casii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super-sensitive oily skin and I use this as one of the few things that will not make my skin go nuts. I mix it with my facial scrub for exfoliation too. I'm always on the look-out for specials on this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2002 5:47:00 PM More reviews by michellechar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't feel that this did anything as a cleanser, but I love to mix this with baking soda for gentle exfoliation. I will continue to buy this to mix it with the baking soda, but I won't bother with this as it comes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2002 2:08:00 AM More reviews by sprite21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very oily acne-prone skin and although this was very gentle and non-irritating and did not cause any pimples, my face did not feel clean afterwards. My face felt a little too slimy for my taste. My friend who use it and love it all have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2002 6:18:00 AM More reviews by balenciaga

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. It is cheap, effective and very gentle. I have moderate acne breakouts, and this really does help. The acne treatments I use leave my skin pretty irritated and this is the only thing I use to cleanse. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2002 7:35:00 PM More reviews by TiffanyBen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used just about every cleanser Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus sells. Believe it or not after I developed Rosacea the only cleanser that I did not have an adverse reaction to was the gentle skin cleanser Cetaphil. I found it to be gentle, effective and I did not have an allergic reaction. I remove my makeup with Swisspers 100% cotton squares. Right after cleansing I follow up with my prescription topical medicine, my moisturizer DermAesthetics Active Replenishing Lotion and my sunscreen which is Natura Bisse SPF 25.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2002 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another cleanser I come back to from time to time. It's simple and basic and there's not much to dislike about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2002 4:08:00 PM More reviews by gaudiora

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome morning cleanser! No, Cetaphil does not remove makeup. I'm glad that it doesn't because then it would have harsher cleansing agents. I just use a makeup remover to take off my eye makeup and all goes well. My face is gently cleansed after I use it, and feels moisturized too.

I buy the generic version of this from Walgreen's, and every so often, there's a "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" sale and I stock up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2002 5:29:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I made the mistake of buying a huge bottle of this to take on vacation with me, and it totally ruined my skin! It took a week for it to start looking better again. I had to wash my face twice to get off my makeup and make my skin feel clean, but I was still left with a wierd residue and a rash of red bumps on my cheeks. I have sensitive/combo skin and was VERY disapointed with this cleanser!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2002 2:17:00 PM More reviews by sarahn

Left a film and broke me out. Only for the driest skins.