September 21, 2014 | 1802 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2002 11:58:00 PM More reviews by nobiki

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the best stuff for my combo, sensitive skin. it doesn't lather, so there are no extraneous chemicals in it (those that are required to make something lather - i find them very harsh on my skin). also, it doesn't rinse clean, but rather leaves a slight film which my skin finds very nice.

the only down side is i must use a separate makeup remover at night because i like to tissue off the cetaphil (and tissuing off would not remove enough of the makeup). but it's not that big a deal - i would have to use a separate eye makeup remover anyway because i prefer waterproof mascara.

i used to use this only in the cold months, but now i use this year round, i just change HOW i use it. it's too bad this doesn't work for everybody - a true 'holy grail' in my skin care routine, although i do admit to lusting after 'sexier' products. because, truly, cetaphil just isn't 'cool'. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2002 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Angieshel

Ok, i need to change my comment on this product because I use it daily to remove makeup and it does a great job. I apply it to a cotton pad and remove base and blush easily from my face. Very "no hassle" make-up remover...does not irritate my skin or cause my skin to dry out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2002 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Beckaroosy

I actually have some advice about this cleanser. It is a "gentle cleanser" because it doesn't contain the chemicals that would normally remove your makeup in a cleanser. Use a makeup remover before using this product. Try Lancome's Bi-Facil, it doesn't irritate eyes. This product is great for someone who dosen't enjoy that tingly, burny sensation that most cleansers give you and I love that it dosen't have a smell. It does it's job and hardly costs a thing.If you use the amount recommended ( a drop the size of a nickle ) a bottle of this stuff lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2002 7:41:00 PM More reviews by dapha

Since I have eczema and super senstive skin, this cleanser works really great for me in the mornings. To get make-up off, I use Chanel's Lait Tendre cleanser, and that works really well too. The Cetaphil makes my skin feel really soft in the morning and primes it for my make up =)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2002 8:21:00 PM More reviews by tlowhorn

This is the cleanser I reach for most often in the morning. It doesn't do a great job of removing makeup, but it doesn't strip my skin, either! A nice staple to have around when all else fails.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2002 7:03:00 PM More reviews by critiquette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh another thing! I believe water quality in your area has a lot to do with whether a cleanser will rinse off properly or not.
It is okay to leave a thin layer of cetaphil on your skin though, it'll help keep it soft and supple and it is not greasy at all, it will feel wet at first but it's not "greasy", it's just "cetaphil" (like simple, non irritating glycerin protecting your skin).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2002 6:59:00 PM More reviews by critiquette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for someone who doesn't wear that much makeup. Like many "good-for-skin" cleansers, this one does NOT remove makeup or tacky sunscreens. I strongly recommend using a makeup remover or a foaming cleanser before you use cetaphil. It will keep your skin soft, you don't even need a moisturizer afterwards. I love this cleanser because it really keeps my skin soft and silky. I usually use it in the morning and at night before bed, when there is not much daytime guck (makeup, sunscreen) on my face. But most makeup and sunscreens are skin irritants and too heavy for your skin's natural health anyway... so I guess people who love this in general don't wear makeup most of the time and have good skin to begin with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2002 1:46:00 AM More reviews by breezybri

I like this stuff. It's simple and effective, makes my skin feel clean and moisturized, and I am a sucker for big packaging, and this bottle is huge.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2002 9:45:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I don't like this stuff! I wanted to, but I just don't! It doesn't remove makeup very well, and I'm left with a sort of "waxy" or "filmy" feeling on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2002 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's so funny... I have used this off and on since I was born. My skin is extremely sensitive, and I started having rashes shortly after I was born. (I have several bad allergies and eczema.) My mom would use this on me all the time. I still use this, when my eczema flares up. It is very gentle, and cleanses well enough. It doesn't dry my skin either, which is essential! However, I prefer to use a sudsy cleanser when my skin is more normal. I just feel more fresh with something sudsy! But this is defn. a wonderful cleanser!