Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dry sensitive skin. This is not really a great product unless you are someone who wears almost no make-up. It doesn't remove any of my eye make-up and if I use this on a day when I'm wearing my TM and MAC Blot it doesn't remove that either. Sometimes I put a thin layer of this on my face and leave it on while I'm sleeping. In the morning my skin feels so soft. I used this up when I had it, but IMO it's not very practical and I wouldn't buy this again.

Where do I begin? It made me break out. My skin never felt clean. It doesn't remove makeup. It doesn't lather. I know that lather isn't necessary, but it is nice to know where the stuff is on your face instead of just rubbing blindly with some clear serum. Needless to say, I would not buy this again.

This is a regular item in my skincare routine. It is very gentle and doesn't irritate or dry out my fussy skin (actually, since using this product, my skin is a lot less red & irritated). My only complaint is that it doesn't do a great job of removing my makeup, so I either have to do a second wash, or alternate it with a different cleanser. Typically, I use PC Skin Cleanser to remove makeup and this to wash my makeup free face. Overall, I gave it 3 stars because it is a great cleanser, but doesn't remove makeup very well.

Cetaphil Skin Cleanser is the facial skin cleanser recommended overwhelmingly by dermatologists. It beats out the high-priced competition again and again. Why? Because it is fabulous, and it works! It cleans gently without stripping your skin. No, it won't make you feel "squeaky clean" but it's actually bad for your skin to strip off so much oil that it feels "squeaky clean." Cetaphil is fabulous and I love it! I've used it almost exclusively for five years and recommend it to everyone I know. Don't listen to the poor reviews - try Cetaphil!

Not the worst product ever, but not worth the raves! If you like the gentle quality but not the filmy after-feel, try DDF Wash Off Cleanser. The best stuff on the market. A bit pricey ($23), but it lasts forever - we're talking a year for one bottle!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ihave very dry skin that tends to break out. This has been my most successful cleanser yet.

I thought this would be a perfect cleanser for my sensitive combination skin, but it makes me break out and it's overdrying. Guess it was too good to be true!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried Cetaphil because I just wanted something simple and not too harsh to clean my skin. I this its too drying and I need to really moisturize after using it, and I still have dry patches even after lotion. Not good for me.

I have used Cetaphil since I was 12 and it is an excelent skin clenser for acne-prone skin. I had serious acne all through highschool, and this clenser did its best. However, if you have serious acne, you cannot depend on your clenser to clear it up - you must see your dermatoligist and use something like Retin-A or Accutane. I was put on Accutane, and that is the only thing that ever cleared up my skin. All of my dermotoligists (and I've had several) have said that Cetephil is a wonderful cleanser. If Cetephil cannot help your acne, you should probably seek prescription help.

I have combination skin--very oily and acne prone in the T-zone, dryish everywhere else. My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil, and I find it works perfectly --it's neither oily nor drying. Other products irritated my skin, but this leaves my skin soft. It's a great value, too.