July 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2002 3:30:00 PM More reviews by plantgril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My dad is a dermatologist and he's always encouraging my family to use it (of course, he gets it for free, so maybe that's why). Really it's not for me... I'm sure it's brilliant for super-sensitive skin, but I prefer something not quite this gentle (forever swearing by liquid neutrogena). I know the company makes a lot of serious skin care products, so they certainly are to be trusted.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2002 9:55:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic3286

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this cleanser!!! After reading that this is a great product, i went out and bought it! I must admit i had high expectations from this but this has satisfied all my expectations!! it doesn't dry out your skin and i've found that it cleanses really well!! I really recommend this to people! i 've found that i can't live without this!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2002 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Kminer

Upon a friend's recommendation I tried this. Love it! I had to get used to the feel - it's (not to be gross) like a milky goo. It does not lather. I have to use it twice- once to get off all the makeup, another to wash my face - but I was typically doing that with 2 different Clinique products before, for a lot more money. The off brand of Cetaphil (like the Walmart brand) seems to work just as well. It does not dry out my face, but leaves it very smooth.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2002 9:35:00 PM More reviews by UltraDiva

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just didn't feel like my face got very clean with everyday use, but i can see how it might be good for someone with EXTREMELY dry or sensitive skin (note the emphasis on EXTREMELY) or if you have a nasty sunburn and need a gentle moisturizing cleanser. it's kinda like ex-lax - you definitely won't use it every day, but it should be in you medicine cabinet for when you desperately need it. cheers ;-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2002 5:31:00 PM More reviews by rjs521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had to try this when it was *hot* like 2 years ago and my normally not so sensitive skin completely broke out from it. UGH. Horrible. I honestly can't think of a single good thing to say about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2002 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Kelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After hearing so many rave reviews and dermatologists' recommendations I tried this. UGH! Left a greasy, filmy residue. Felt like it was impossible to rinse clean. It didn't remove makeup at all. It didn't help with dryness, eczema, or blemishes. Plus, it has a weird, cheap, chemically, drugstore-y smell and the packaging is really ugly too. I just don't like this at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2002 2:32:00 PM More reviews by rlo6

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I either had an allergic reaction to the ingredients or broke out in pimples from the residue makeup left by the cleanser. I cannot believe that this cleanser is so highly recommended by Paula B. It may be gentle but it didn't do anything for me except aggravate my skin and clog my pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2002 5:57:00 AM More reviews by angela7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was not really impressed with this. It didn't break me out but dried my skin out terribly, maybe I will use it in the summer when my skin isn't so dry. Also, it doesn't remove makeup. It is cheap though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2002 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

This stuff never leaves my bathroom. This is my staple morning cleanser, extremely gentle and work great on my normal-dry skin which occasionally has a few breakouts. This doesn't remove my makeup at all, so I use Paula's Choice Cleanser at night and Cetaphil in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2002 10:22:00 AM More reviews by bziemba

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Cetaphil for @8 yrs. Have had quite a Hx of skin "issues" (from oily/combo to dry/combo to dry [age]) and must say that Cetaphil is one of the better prod.'s I've ever used. Over the years, I've noticed it can be slightly drying at times, so I use a toner of some sort at night (sometimes).

For it to be most effective, rub the amount of a quarter or half-dollar onto your face, circular message for a few seconds (w/ attn. around T-zone) and wipe with a dry (or slight/damp) face cloth -again using circular motion. After a night out, I do a quick second wash, which always works great. If you notice residue, buy a mild toner. You'll have residue w/ almost any cleansing agent. I just started using Cle de Peau's Balancing Lotion/Toner, which is very effective & gentle.

Cetaphil is a really quality product that I've seen in nearly every dermatologists office that I've been in. It gets lambasted on MUA Top Picks and that has always confused me =\. It has been tremendously helpful to me over the years. I would recommend it for people who have problemmatic skin, especially allergy prone people - like myself. By the way, I'll be 34 & receive a very satisfying # of complements on my "lovely skin" =D!