Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 3/5/2003 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I hate you all. I do. Okay I don't, but I'm never listening to none of yous again. Nuh-uh. Never.

I heard so many raves all over god's green mua for Cetaphil that not only did I buy it, I bought the BIG-DOOKIE-INDUSTRIAL size along with a regular 'counter' size AND a 'travel' size.

You see, I figured no worries grab this cleanser, look at the raves!

Little did I know this cleanser (ha!) *ahem* sorry, i can't say that word without laughing... this cleanser (ha!) does no cleansing.

Seriously. None. I am to the point I litereally (I swear I do not exaggerate) washed my face 5x in a row.... went back to my vanity and took the "Toner on Cotton Ball" test and.... hey look, it's makeup. I kid you not. And guess what? I don't wear waterproof anything.

I've actually (!!!!!!!) broken out - well 2 teeny pimples on my chin (EDITED: Make that Three.) (EDITED AGAIN: Make that freakin FOUR.). This, coming from the girl that can put crisco one day, turpentine the next day on her face and not break out. Now I'm durn sure it's not the makeup residue (I'll admit i've not washed the face on occasion when sleeping over the man's place) and it's not "That Female Time" so I darn well know the only guilty party....

Well it was not Professor Plum in the Consevatory with the Revolver, it was SHAMROCKED in the BATHROOM with the CETAPHIL.

Feh to this. Do I really have to use the rest of it? *sigh* continued >>

on 3/3/2003 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Skin type: acne-prone, sensitive, combo. My dermatologist recommend I use this since I use topical acne medication. I have combo skin and this product didn't seem to do anything but make it more oily. It also started to break me out more than usual. I think this product will work well for those with normal/dry skin instead of oily/combination.

on 3/1/2003 10:46:00 PM

After using for a couple of weeks I started getting white heads never had any before and after changing cleansers they went away thankfully.

on 3/1/2003 6:59:00 PM

I did not care for this product one bit, it really irritated my sensative skin, and the consistency of this product felt runny, not sure why it seems to get so many raves(i wish i hadn
't taken a chance of it: check out dove foaming essential nutrients

on 2/28/2003 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't understand why this is so recommended; it makes my face hurt. My skin feels tight, but not necessarily clean. (Don't even think about using this to remove your makeup!) And I have more clogged pores.
I can't think of a skin type that this would be good for.

me: extremely dry, sensitive skin with random spots

www.cetaphil.com continued >>

on 2/25/2003 10:30:00 PM

This just like a million of other things will have its fans and enemies. I like it, it works well on my combo skin ( dryer cheeks, oilier t zone), and its a simple wash that doesnt overkill my skin. i need the one that removes oil for the night time cleansing, since this isnt strong enough.

on 2/25/2003 1:23:00 AM

Yuck! Normally I wouldn't review a skin care product until I've used it for a while, but I doubt I'll use this again. I tried this while my combo/sensitive skin was a bit on the oily side & breaking out, and the first bit I put on just sank into my forehead & disappeared like a moisturiser. I tried using a larger amount (dry skin, damp facecloth) and finally managed to get a tiny bit of lather going. I was careful to rinse it off as well as possible, but woke up in the morning with oil slick skin and a breakout that was worse, not better. Even worse, it burned on all the drier parts of my face.

on 2/24/2003 7:55:00 PM

This product is wonderful. I used to have terrible acne- having been on Accutane twice in my life- I believe this was my cure-all! I use white Safeguard soap in the shower and then (out of the shower) use this cleanser as my 'astringent' on a cotton pad. If you could have seen how horrible my acne was and how it has cleared up from this remedy, you would have thought a miracle was performed!!!

on 2/24/2003 3:50:00 PM

In my opinion, Cetaphil Gentle hasn't really lived up to all the dermatologist/beauty magazine hype it's received. It is a very mild cleanser and I doubt it would irritate even the most sensitive skins, but it's completely worthless for makeup removal (especially mascara!). I do like to use it as a moisturizing cleanser if I haven't been wearing makeup, but for combo/oily skin, it doesn't cleanse well enough to get rid of excess oil, dirt and other grime. I also need to exfoliate quite well with a separate scrub whenever I use it. I would be tempted to try a Cetaphil exfoliating cleanser if such a product existed. I like the gentleness and moisturizing effects of the cleanser. I think people with normal skin who use separate makeup removers would like this product. I do continue to buy it, though, because it feels nice on my face.

on 2/22/2003 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this cleanser in the morning when I don't have any make up on because it doesn't remove make up. I have oily skin, and I like it because it is gentle and I use more harsh products at night so I need something gentle in the morning.