December 22, 2014 | 885 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2002 4:18:00 PM More reviews by teresagurn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After many allergic reactions, Cetaphil was recommended to me. I have been using it for over 5 years now. I don't wear make-up on a daily basis, also due to my sensitive skin, but thanks to cetaphil, I don't have to cover anythin up.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2002 3:01:00 PM More reviews by marisa193

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Cetaphil, however I would only use this in the morning b/c it does not remove any makeup. I tried using this at night after using Clinique's rinse off foaming cleanser and it stung my face. However, in the morning it works great. Leaves my skin so smooth and non-irritated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2002 2:49:00 PM More reviews by plumduff

Great standard water-soluable cleanser. It doesn't remove makeup, so I only use it in the mornings. No scent, no irritation, no drying and no blemishes. It comes with a pump, which is all I care about in packaging. If it only removed makeup, it would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2002 11:39:00 AM More reviews by scooper

This is the best cleanser for winter when my nose and cheeks get dry, red and flaky. This does a thorough job of cleansing my skin (I don't wear foundation)without leaving it irritated. I love it. I wash with this morning and night, followed by toner, Chanel destressant, moisturizer and I'm off. My only gripe is the packaging. The bottle is so big and clumsy looking. I wish it came in a pump or smaller size.

PS...don't use as an eyemakeup remover. Its not strong enough (thats why they develop special cleanses for that area!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2002 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been using Cetaphil Cleanser for Oily/Combo skin for about a year (the foaming kind). However, my skin gets really dry in the winter, and the use of Retin-A and Azalex for acne meant I was ending up with red, flaky, painfully dry patches. I was hesitant to try the non-foaming gel formula for dry skin, thinking that it would leave my skin feeling greasy and unclean. I am, however, totally hooked on this stuff now! My dryness/redness was gone after one day and my skin does feel clean after using it. Furthermore, it has not caused me to break out, either. It is affordable, gentle, and effective. A winner...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2002 2:57:00 AM More reviews by rainedayz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for three days and I am amazed by it.
Before I always seemed to have some makeup left on my face after cleaning.
Since using the Cetaphil,my face is smooth,soft and totally clean.
I use it with a little facial brush and follow with some Witch Hazel,I love the way my face is so clean and so soft and smooth.
Highly recomend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2002 12:15:00 AM More reviews by sedge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser's CLINICAL-looking blue and white bottle. I've been using it on and off for about 10 years, and I find myself consistently turning back to it. I'm not sure what other reviewers mean by "film" unless they're using the product without w ater (useful if you're travelling or campind). I do find, though, that if my skin's going through a seasonal transition (summer to winter dryness or winter to summer oil production) it sometimes lets dirt build up a bit. But, in general, a good, basic, GENTLE cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2002 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Honeybabe39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser and I don't know what I've been doing without it! I have super-oily skin, and so when my derm recommended I use it, I was more than a little apprehensive. But once I tried it, I was hooked! I think the fact that it is so moisturizing causes the skin to not overproduce oil, because it tackles my greasies better than any oil control cleanser I've ever used.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2002 10:51:00 AM More reviews by nina78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This works better than some oily makeup removers, but it is not as gentle as it claims to be. I used this to remove waterproof mascara, and although this worked well there were some residue flakes, I tried again and the skin around my eyes were burning! It felt like the stuff was stripping off a layer of my skin, yet at the same time leaving a film of residue that turns greasy when the face was splashed with water. The packaging is okay, but the price was a little high, for a drug store based product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2002 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Hollyandivy73

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have skin with a mind of its own. Dry in the winter, sometimes in the summer, oily in spots. I have used Cetaphil on and off over the years. I would not recommend it as a daily for anyone who does not want a strange film sensation left on the skin. This does not remove make-up at all! It would work well for someone w/ very dry skin or in my case, after microderm, laser or Peels. Cetaphil does make an oil-free cleanser that performs heavy duty functions better than this product.
I would only use this again after a skin treatment, it is VERY gentle.