Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 12/27/2002 10:57:00 AM

I liked it ok, though it kinda made my face feel tight and just a tad dried out. I have found other products that work better though.

on 12/23/2002 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have given Cetaphil at least four tries and I'm convinced that this stuff does not clean my face. I used it in the shower and rinsed it off with plenty of water but after a couple of weeks of using this I had terrible breakouts, which are very unusual for me.

The search for the perfect cleanser continues ... continued >>

on 12/20/2002 8:06:00 AM

this clogged my pores. paula's choice version is better imho.

on 12/19/2002 8:17:00 PM

Cetaphil Ingredients:

My oily/combo skin did not feel thoroughly clean after rinsing. It's ok for the price and it is very gentle to the skin...I will probably use it when my skin feels drier. I use minimal makeup (suncreen, mineral make up, lipstick, and a light coat of mascara) ususally, and it can't remove it fully.

UPDATE***Mixing a bit of baking soda or sugar to this make a world of difference. It even removed my makeup fairly well! I probably won't repurchase because I love trying other things. I really love cleansing oils now.

on 12/18/2002 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm rating this as a hand cleanser, as that's what many dermatologists recommend it for. For those whose hands are too sensitive for detergent soaps and harsh antibacterial formulas, this is a great option. It's a bit on the expensive side for such use, but it's worth it in protecting your hands against eczema.

on 12/16/2002 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this. Very gentle but thorough. Hint--buy the drugstore equivalent-usually placed right next to the actual Cetaphil on the shelf. They're the same product and cheaper! Good winter skin-saving product. :-)

on 12/15/2002 4:03:00 AM

Great gentle cleanser, would be for sensitive skin. Only I don't use it for that, I would though. I have found a great use for it as an anti dandruff hair product! If you have dandruff or Psorasis, it is great to put this on, and leave on for a few hours or overnight with a shower cap, it will soften, or loosen up the flakes, then you can wash it out in the morning. Works as a mild shampoo for someone with psorasis, or gentle face cleanser, really softens skin or scalp!

on 12/14/2002 6:29:00 PM

This product was really good and it didn't make me break out. The only thing was that it didn't remove all of my makeup. I prefer using the bar instead. It lathers really well and makes my skin feel "cleaner". This product didn't make my skin feel as fresh and clean.

on 12/13/2002 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my own personal holy grail - if you do not wear a lot of makeup and need a mild cleanser, then this one's for you! I just wish it came with a pump dispenser.

on 12/13/2002 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am now recovering from a very , very bad experience with Shiseido , Chanel and Orlane products that ruined my skin . From oily with clean pores and just a few breakouts in months , these products succeeded to make my skin oilier than ever , with daily breakouts and a lot of clogged pores . The worst part is that my skin became very dry , dehydrated in the same time as more oilier and very sensitive and easy irritable. I stopped using these products and I am using just Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. Sincerely , I was not expecting nothing good from this cleanser , a lot of people told me that made them breakout and that it doesn’t cleanse well makeup but I do not use makeup so it is ok . My skin is better and better every day , I had no breakouts for 2 weeks now , the irritation and dryness is gone. The oiliness is 10 times less and I am very happy because of this too ! It is not expensive , I paid 12 CND for the biggest bottle , 450 ml I think and the pomp is very helpful.

I think that everybody should give it a try , it could be the right product for your skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials