Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 3/11/2003 9:07:00 PM

I do not understand what the big deal is with Cetaphil. I have used better cleansers. The reason it is not an extremely harsh cleanser is because it doesn't seem to cleanse at all.

on 3/11/2003 10:46:00 AM

horrible--does not clean, does not soothe, plus you end up using three times more than you should to have SOME kind of result, which makes skin feel real tight... yet still not clean!

on 3/11/2003 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Mmkay, so a friend of mine let
me in on a little Cetaphil secret (can't name names, and i can't really verify with a doctor, but...). She told me that dermatologists
(yes, including yours!) get a cut of the profits whenever general purchases of Cetaphil and Neutrogena go up in their regions. This seems to be the ONLY logical reason why so many skin doctors would recommend such a crappy, counterproductive "cleanser" to soooo many of us oily skinned ladies. I used Cetaphil once, and it was a joke! Awful. I have to say, though, that Neutrogena has always worked wonders for me, so maybe this rumor is only half true??

on 3/10/2003 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

What is the big deal on this product? It didn't even clean my skin! I still had makeup coming off on the towel. I would never recommend this to anyone. I can't believe dermatologists recommend this stuff to people. Blecch.

on 3/10/2003 9:05:00 PM

Great for someone with dry skin. However, I have combination acne skin and it felt like it left a film even when washed off. I'm an Esthetician, and wouldn't recommend this to clients unless they wanted something that provided extra moisture. Plus, with no lather, it's hard to determine it's cleansing abilities.

on 3/8/2003 2:53:00 AM

I agree with the reviewer who said it is good for cleaning "m/u-free" skin, but if you have m/u on ... forgeddah aboud id ....

I just can't use it though! It clogged me up *SKIN THAT IS* ...

My SO however is getting use out of the huge bottle I purchased ... works for his dry skin ... and since he is a "manly man" he cannot do a whole routine of skin care ... so this is good for him while he is in the shower ... quick easy and moisturizes too!

(UPDATE: My SO can no longer use it as he says that it burns his skin! I think he is lying though .. he just does not want to use it! hehehe ... but honestly I don't think he would lie about something like this ... I found it strange because it, in all reality, is a very gentle cleanser ... I stick to my review but thought I would add this much.)

on 3/7/2003 8:36:00 PM

I feel so sorry, Shamrocked...however I really like it!! I don't think it will remove foundation though. I did not even try it. HOWEVER, I use it in the morning and it is so great!! I wash my face with water afterwards. I also tried removing my eye make up with it and to my surprise it removed my eye make up perfectly including mascara!!

on 3/7/2003 7:36:00 PM

cetaphil is fantastic for cleaning makeup free skin. its gentle and hydrating always in my bathroom. but when i wear makeup it no longer works. great for morning.

on 3/5/2003 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I hate you all. I do. Okay I don't, but I'm never listening to none of yous again. Nuh-uh. Never.

I heard so many raves all over god's green mua for Cetaphil that not only did I buy it, I bought the BIG-DOOKIE-INDUSTRIAL size along with a regular 'counter' size AND a 'travel' size.

You see, I figured no worries grab this cleanser, look at the raves!

Little did I know this cleanser (ha!) *ahem* sorry, i can't say that word without laughing... this cleanser (ha!) does no cleansing.

Seriously. None. I am to the point I litereally (I swear I do not exaggerate) washed my face 5x in a row.... went back to my vanity and took the "Toner on Cotton Ball" test and.... hey look, it's makeup. I kid you not. And guess what? I don't wear waterproof anything.

I've actually (!!!!!!!) broken out - well 2 teeny pimples on my chin (EDITED: Make that Three.) (EDITED AGAIN: Make that freakin FOUR.). This, coming from the girl that can put crisco one day, turpentine the next day on her face and not break out. Now I'm durn sure it's not the makeup residue (I'll admit i've not washed the face on occasion when sleeping over the man's place) and it's not "That Female Time" so I darn well know the only guilty party....

Well it was not Professor Plum in the Consevatory with the Revolver, it was SHAMROCKED in the BATHROOM with the CETAPHIL.

Feh to this. Do I really have to use the rest of it? *sigh* continued >>

on 3/3/2003 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Skin type: acne-prone, sensitive, combo. My dermatologist recommend I use this since I use topical acne medication. I have combo skin and this product didn't seem to do anything but make it more oily. It also started to break me out more than usual. I think this product will work well for those with normal/dry skin instead of oily/combination.

Video Reviews & Tutorials