Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favorite facial cleanser! My Dermatologist gave me samples when I was on Accutane. The Clinique cleansers I used since my teens were way too drying. I have used Cetaphil faithfully since. I don't heavy makeup and Cetaphil washes it all away and doesn't leave my skin tight or dry. I rarely break out. Maybe that sweaky-clean feeling is really not all that great for your skin. Sometimes when my face is oily, I'll try one of the Clinique bar soaps and my face seems to get oilier and then I'll break out. I'll stick with the gentle stuff.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Don't expect a miracle out of this product, but do expect soft, supple skin. This is a good hydrating aid. I apply this after I use my daily acne wash. This I feel prevents my skin from over-drying. I wouldn't use this product alone, only because I don't feel it gives you a complete clean. If you need to remove makeup, I wouldn't count on this product to do the job. Unless you use it in conjunction with a toner or astringent. The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Moisturizer is another great addition to the system.

I like this product very much. I have been using this for more than a year. I have sensitive skin and my doctor recommend this product to me. It can clean my skin very well and I would not feel dry. Someone may think that this is not good, actually it can remove makeup.

I think you either love or hate Cetaphil, and there's no in-between! I'm sure it completely depends on what type of skin you have. I have combination with a tendency to break-out. This does not remove my makeup well, and I feel as if I have a coating of wax on my face after I use it! On the other hand, I cleanse my 8-yr-old's face with it and it seems to do a decent job. Ladies, I'd suggest you try Dove bar soap instead of this. It does an excellent job of removing makeup (and even oil), but rinses well, leaving you soft but with no greasy after-feel. I am a makeup artist and para-medical esthetician, and I know many dermatologists who swear by Dove - although they'd much rather sell you a $30 bottle of cleanser! Oh, and by the way, this cleanser is NOT eye area-friendly! OUCH!!!

I sometimes have to resort to this in the winter when my skin is very dry. However it is not my favorite because my skin does not feel really clean.

One of the best cleansers I've ever used. Like the name says, very gentle and leaves your skin feeling soft. Though a bit on the expensive side (equate makes the same product for far less) I'll keep going back to this one.

I really don't know how to write this review. Fact is, I don't know if my face is clean after I've used this. It doesn't feel like a cleanser. I prefer something that foams for a cleanser. Yes, as many of the reviews said, it doesnt remove a single bit of makeup, but I guess this is OK as long as your don't use it in the morning or before going to bed, when you need stronger cleansers. This one may be a bit TOO gentle.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This cleanser works best for sensitive and normal-to-dry complexions. While it's true that it's not the best makeup remover in the world (especially if you wear stubborn things like waterproof mascara,) and it's hardly the sexiest thing to grace your bathroom shelves, Cetaphil is a very effective, gentle cleanser that doesn't strip your skin. It is not intended for oily or acne-prone skin; that is why Galderma (maker of Cetaphil) developed a different version that targets normal-to-oily complexions. Make sure you use the one best-suited to your skin type!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product was so hyped and i heard such great things about it in magazines and such so i had to try it. I have a super oily t-zone, dry cheeks and moderate acne. This stuff is terrible! it felt like i was washing my face with an oilyish milky substance. it did not remove my eye makeup, and my face felt greasier and dirtier than it had in the beginning. i'm sorry to all of you whom this worked for, but i just found this stuff a complete waste of money.

this supposedly gentle cleanser makes my skin burn and hive up like the fury. i do have sensitive skin, but can use many other far more scary sounding cleasners...this one is by far the most painful ever. if your dermatologists recommends this to you as part of a system, and the system is making your skin sore, dry, and blistery, eliminate this shite first.