January 30, 2015 | 907 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2002 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Dublin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried this on and off many times but it always breaks me out - I won't be buying/trying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2002 7:45:00 AM More reviews by totogirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for years and it's the best! My dermotalogist even asked me what I usedsince she thought my skins looked so good (for a 52 year old!). (I follow it up w/Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner.) Will never change products. After sudsing Cetaphil on my face, I gently wipe it off with a face cloth and then rinse. Removes makeup and is a great exfoliant!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2002 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried on more than one ocasion to use this face wash and I just can't. It's just too gentle for my skin, barely removes my makeup and actually makes me breakout! I'll stick with Neutrogena products!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2002 12:04:00 PM More reviews by suikey

It's just too gentle to me. I like to have a squeezy cleaning feeling after wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2002 3:07:00 PM More reviews by lychilove

I love this stuff! My skin is oily, acne prone, but always dries out from regular cleansers. (Even Cetaphil's gentle cleansing bar is too harsh.) I use it with a wet cotton pad to clean my oilier areas and to help exfoliate a bit. This leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean but not taut, and it keeps me breakout free. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2002 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Kittenkf21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff when it comes to my face being dry in the winter. I cleans well and doesn't leave my skin tight as well. Cheap too considering you don't need that much product to later up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2002 5:33:00 AM More reviews by sanrosee

I first tried this product as a teen because I thought more simple skincare routine (without harsh ingredients) would help my skin. Yikes! It made my acne worse. I recently tried it again, and my nearly normal skin is still a little too oily to be effectively cleansed by Cetaphil. I feel oily even immediately after using it. PLUS it does not take off makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2002 2:16:00 AM More reviews by simply_kristina

I lovee the Cetaphil Normal to Oily skin cleanser. I've been using it for over a year now and it doesn't make your face feel all tight and dry afterwards. I have very sensitive skin and overall this is the best cleanser I've ever used.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2002 11:17:00 AM More reviews by anooshka

I have oily/acne prone skin and this stuff really does nothing for me. IT leaves me feeling more greasy than before. I believe i have given it a fair chance: bought a big bottle and used it in all four seasons because i thought it might suit my skin best under a particular condition. Also, while i don't wear foundation or powder, i do use concealer and blush and really don't find this stuff removes either of those.
I do not recommend this stuff if you wear any make-up or even sunscreen during the day or have oily/combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2002 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Candy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After I have tried so many department store cleaners, finally I tried this and love it. This doesn't dry out my face, has good performance on cleaning and the price is good, too.
This is now my staple.