April 20, 2014 | 1117 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2002 3:03:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice gentle cleanser and gets the job done, however, it can be drying at times.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2002 3:30:00 PM More reviews by tifa

This made me break out. The texture is watery, doesn't foam and leaves a filmy feeling on my face. I know lots of people swear by this but I am not one of them! It's plus is that it's cheap and easy to find. BUT I have used this on my body, since I have eczema and can only use very gentle soaps. For that purpose it would get a 4, but as a facial cleanser it's not very effective for me. (I have combo skin)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2002 12:36:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh! Breakout city! I have dry skin, and this made my skin drier and added breakouts. A big skip-it for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2002 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Elixir

This is my absolute staple cleanser in the morning. It feels so great massaging this on my face. Keeps my winter semi dry skin in control. So very gentle. I've gone thru countless bottles. Doesnt take off makeup well, this is why I only use it in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2002 4:53:00 PM More reviews by nLkky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cetaphil is favorite cleanser. It doesn't dry out my skin and leaves it very moisturized.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2002 8:45:00 PM More reviews by abbykariya

since i have combo-oily skin..this did nothign for me...it didn't even remove my makeup!but then again it was VERy gentle...and i like to use it with baking soda as an exfoliator! but i don't use it often! i don't really like it...too watery...and doesn't clean that well....
but great for sensitve skins!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2002 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Valkyrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is often recommended by dermatologists but it aggravated and seriously dried out my sensitive skin. I'll still use the moisturizer but will never, never use this again. Might work for some people, and b/c it's so cheap could be worth a try, but have a backup in case your skin reacts like mine did!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2002 8:47:00 PM More reviews by pearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oddly, this dried my skin out too much. It wasn't good for removing makeup. I prefer Dove's 3-in-1 bodywash for my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2002 6:59:00 PM More reviews by wendi6716

ugh. not a good cleanser for oily/combination skin - made me a greasebomb and did not remove all my makeup unless i used it twice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2001 4:43:00 PM More reviews by creole

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great for my skin. it never hurts my skin. it doesnt dry my skin out and can be mixed with a scub. I also put it on, then take it off with a dry wash cloth and all the dirt comes off my face too. it's a staple. it's good stuff.