October 24, 2014 | 1832 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Halo1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read that using Monistat 2% will make your hair grow faster if you apply it to your scalp. Not sure if this is true but it is interesting.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by pwatters

I read the reviews and have to admit I am firmly in the YES camp for this product. I have used DHC primer, Sephora's, Smashbox, and Avon's primers. This looks the same, feels the same, and to me, at least, performs the same. My skin feels soft and smooth, my makeup glides on and stays on. My quibble with Smashbox primer (which was my HG primer) was the delivery system. The pump would work fine for about 1/2 of the bottle, and then would refuse to move more product. I'd have to open the bottle and scoop some out with a q-tip. This tube solves that problem for me. I'm loving it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
Made my skin feel smooth and silky
Made foundation look airbrushed and perfect
Prevented foundation from oxidizing to an ashy color
Easy to apply
A lot of product for the price

Cons:
Caused pore congestion
Broke me out
Skin felt itchy in some spots
Seemed like skin couldn't breathe under this

I really liked how this made my makeup look and I LOVED that it kept my foundation from oxidizing but, unfortunately, it made my skin itchy and broke me out. I might just be sensitive to silicones, so I'd say try it and see how your skin reacts to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by fahzybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't used this yet but I was just wondering about this product being discontinued. I got all freaked out too but this product is still on the monistat website and i found 3 tubes in longs drugs. I understand that this is very difficult to find but I don't think its discontinued. I asked longs drugs and they didn't hear anything about that.

also I just called target and they have a bunch of tubes too and the guy said that its still an active product

comments anyone? cuz i want to buy this up if it is discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by mlkdirect

I keep this in my bag at all times! It has too many uses. Ditto on the positive raves from the other reviewers. However...it not only works great as a face primer (a little goes a long way).... I use it when I run...I have a few shirts that rub my inner upper arm....But my favorite is ON MY FEET! I never understood how women could wear high heel pumps without hose and not get blisters. My poor feet were in bad shape. THEN, I used it on the areas where the "rub" was the worst...ta-da....I did not have one blister the rest of the summer and no hose! If it really is discontinued I going out and buying what's left at RiteAid!

55 out of 56 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by irish119

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If it's true this has been discontinued, I'm going on a hunt to buy up all I can. It's at least half the price of even the cheapest silicone-based primer and works better than most of them. 24/7 has a good primer, as does Carmindy's line with Sally Hansen. I find primer essential to my drier skin, and to get it for so little money and have it work as well if not better than the 'real' stuff is really fun. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Tgallop

WOW! Who woulda known?? This is my first review; I just found out about makeupalley.com last week. I've just started paying a little more attention to make-up (because I'm at that age..). I read this review and couldn't resist giving it a try! I didn't even think how oily and glossy and shiny my make-up was becoming during the day until I tried this. It makes my skin feel soft, it makes my foundation go on smooth and it makes all my makeup last all day without the shine. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well...I bought the photo finish, did not really like it. I heard about the monistat chafing gel as a primer. Found one (it's been discontinued, how surprising!!!) 50% off, last one on the shelf....
And it works very very WELL.
So now I am very pissed at Smashbox. And they probably heard about the whole monistat propaganda and sued them, or bought their silence, or whatever, but obviously it is very bad for their product since it work even better and is a fraction of the price (got mine for 4$....)

So here it is. It works. Really well.
*sigh*

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by m430

Found out about using this as a primer on YouTube and decided to try it out. Gave it 3 lippies because I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I like it, but I'm still oily after a couple of hours. So I feel like doesn't help much with "keeping" my BB cream (which I use instead of a foundation). But I think I will stick to this, since I've only used it a couple of times. Who knows, I might come to love it.
The only other primer I've used is DHC's Velvet Skin Coat's sample, and I feel like the Monoistat chafing gel is not much different from it. If anything, this one (Monistat) is a lot easier to apply/spread over face. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than a lot of the primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by scabooter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes my skin feel silky smooth and dry, without being dehydrating. I don't really believe that a primer is necessary for the whole face, but at this price I figured it couldn't hurt to indulge a bit. I've noticed that with repeated use my skin feels smoother. Don't really notice a difference in makeup application, but I like how it makes my face feel so I would probably repurchase.

As an aside, I also put a dab where the plastic boning in my bra usually kills me by the end of the day and it protected it well, lol, so as a versatile product this deserves 5 lipsticks.