October 23, 2014 | 1903 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by aznxhottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This paint pot is an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE. This product acts like a primer, or you can use it to enhance your eyeshadows. It's great for ANY SKINTONE. It's a really nice beige/tan color. I love it. I absolutely love this product. I use it when I wear light eyeshadows. Sometimes, the light eyeshadows don't really show on my eyes, so I just dab this onto my lids and then put whatever light eyeshadow I want. It really brings out the color and pigment of the eyeshadow. You would use this as a primer, to obviously prime your lids before eyeshadow application, but after your powder of course.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by woahitsbrooke92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this! I had read so many rave reviews about it, and I had to get my hands on it. It's the perfect base for me. A lot of people say you need a primer on underneath it, but when I used TFSI or UDPP underneath, it actually creased and faded the colors quicker. But I went to Disneyland, with JUST Painterly under my shadows, and it didn't crease on me the entire, long, rainy day. I swear by this product. It's the only one that really works for me. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

I use this as a base for eyeshadow (any color) and it works great. It keeps my eyeshadow on and prevents it from creasing. You only need a little bit so for me it lasts a long time. This is a great nude-style color and it is worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I am using this as an eyeshadow base and it does a great job of holding color and preventing creasing. I have oily eyelids but since using this as a primer my shadow looks fresh all day. I'd like to try some of the other colors but this one is great!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Carolish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great primer/base and i use it everyday under my eyeshadows. It makes them last all day long without creasing. Its also great for evening out the skintone on the eyelids, but i find it a bit drying. I wish it was a bit more creamy, it would make it easyer to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mamamanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this shade on my lid. Its a touch lighter than my skin tone so i like to use it even just to cover the veins and brighten up the area. Its a drier consistency than other primer type products i have used but i like it on my oilier lids as it mattes it out. Really makes application with powders smoother

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by usherlover695

Great primer. Ive used this and several other. Definately would buy again. Ive used on so many clients and myself every day and ive had the same pot for over a year and it sti hasnt run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by littletree03

This is great!!! I use it everyday since I bought it about 8 months ago. The first couple of times I used the product it was kinda hard but the cream has totally softened up a bit and very easy to apply. It does make my shadow last all day and no creases for me! Love this stuff and will purchase agian and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

This is a great product from MAC. For my NC15-20 skintone, when applied on my lids, it is almost unnoticeable. I cant say that my colours came up more true...i use a white base such as NYX jumbo pencil in Milk if i want this to happen...BUT...it kept my shadows on with NO creasing for the entire day! I dont find that my eyelids are particularly oily, so i dont know how it would last on people with oily lids, but for me, this completely worked. Yes, pricey, but if it works, im willing to pay. A+ product from MAC

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Works decently to increase the color payoff of my eyeshadow, but really not by very much. Does nothing to increase the lasting power, on me. Upsides: I like the consistency, it's not pasty, it spreads on kind of like an undereye concealer and sets VERY quickly. Also I like the little pot it comes in. But really nothing special for me, which is sad as I heard rave reviews for it.