April 18, 2014 | 1822 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet PLUS Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by syasya83

I love the product hate the packaging. Shade #40 is perfect for my skin. I'm asian with golden undertones and this counteracts with my red cheeks.I look like I have naturally perfect skin.( I wish). Use beauty blender to apply, but will try different method son. Full coverage, matte stays on well does not smear easily like givenchy photo perfexion. It my new HG. I pair it with by terry touche veloutee and it is simply amazing. No one can tell I have foundation on. I live in a humid and hot country aka Dubai. It keeps the oil on my face at bay.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by nowinstereo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd say this was well worth the cost.

My only real issue stems from the fact that I have no idea which colour I wear, the box being thrown out LONG ago. I have to take the bottle in with me OR somehow magically remember what number I am. Yeesh. Kind of annoying.

Goes on very nicely, I find it covers and evens out all blemishes and did not find it drying or cakey, just matte!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the MUFE HD invisible foundation and found it to be more for yellow undertones. I have pink understone so the yellow undertone made my face look yellow and sick. Also, the HD foundation made my skin oily during mid day and it didnt last long on my face even with powder on. I returned it and purchased this Mat Velvet Oil Free Foundation and I LOVE it. IT stays on and it gives a matted finish. I use Clarins instant smooth perfecting touch primer & then use a MAC stippling brush to buff in the foundation.It gives me a flawless finish! For extra coverage when Im taking photos, I use a powder foundation on top of it. Otherwise, this foundation provides a medium to full coverage. Its buildable. The packaging is light and easy to carry around. Im surprised, with a lot of hype over the HD foundation, I ACUTALLY LIKE THIS MAT VELVET FOUNDATION BETTER THAN THE HD FOUNDATION!
I say go to your local counter and get a sample of each foundation so you can try it before you purchase it. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by uberboi1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A pretty good foundation overall, felt it was a little too heavy for me even when applying it with a sponge so I frequently blend it with another foundation (sometimes even a nice drugstore brand!) to get the coverage I'm looking for and helping to stretch the product's life.

Had a nice matte look, and with a touch of setting powder, I was hooked on the look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by titina206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was trying to find me a good foundation for oily skin when the SA told me that I should try this one. She gave me a sample so that I could try it on and the next day there I was, buying it!
It has good coverege for me (but I still need concealer to cover my acne) and my skin looks mat (I also apply powder on top, just in case). It lasts quite long and I donít do touch ups as frequently as I had to with other foundations, but to get that, you really need to apply a primer first, or it wonít last.
The color addapts well with my skin so it also blends easily. I think I got it in #40. For reference Iím NC30. I donít like the fact that there is no reference of the color on the bottle, it was just in the box.
Maybe itís not the best one in the world, but I will repurchase it again for sure because itís one of the bests Iíve ever come across.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by KateK120195

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not impressed at all...

I was REALLY looking forward to this foundation!

#1 Because i have super oily skin and alot of blemishes, and people said it had "such GREAT coverage"

#2 So much hype! I mean, I can't count how mayn wonderful reviews i saw on this!

#3 I've wanted this for two years (LITERALLY!) and finally got it, so I was sooooo excited!

Alright, so pretty much the Pros are:
~Gives a nice finish as long as you have really,really,really moisturized and PRIMED skin
~Controls oil prettyyyyy well, but not that fantastic..
Cons:
~Light coverage, bordering on medium
~If you have any, and i mean ANY dry skin.. may that be around your mouth or any other part of your face, (maybe only you get dry ksin occasionally) DON'T GET THIS! Jesus Christ, this dried out the skin around my mouth like no tomorrow! Ugh...
~Doesn't last long at all.

Giving it 2 stars because if i really really layer it on, and put aLOT of moisturizer and primer on, it turns out pretty nice.. But other foundations that i have, dont need as much as maintenane as this, and are alot cheaper..

If your looking for a very nice foundation that keeps shine at bay, doesn't dry out skin, and gives fantastic coverage, go check out my review on Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup.. sorry Make Up For Ever ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by chantalmostoway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because of all the hype. I am not impressed. I spent 42.00 and expected a great long lasting foundation. Well, I was disappointed. The MUA at Sephora said it was an exceptional foundation. Well he was sooooo wrong. I much prefer my cheap Revlon Colorstay Foundation to this expensive crap. I have some red spots and acne scars that did not get covered at all. My colorstay covers so much better. Man, I got sucked in to believing this product , thinking it was more expensive was better, bah hah!! I am sticking with Revlon. I could have bought 2 colorstays for the price of ONE MUFE. I am just a silly consumer who falls into the traps of believing certain products are HG. Furthermore, it didn't last line colorstay. I applied at 6:00am and by 2pm...gone. What a rip off, seriously do not waste your hard earned dollars on this foundation. I was so fooled!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by nataliexcore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff worked fabulous for me. As a younger teenager I stuck strictly to tinted moisturizers, then when I got a little older I only did mineral foundation, but I wanted a flawless look. My skin is pretty clear, with only a few pimples every now and then, and very few blemishes. But my skin tone can be uneven, so I wanted it to look great all around. What I was worried about, though, is whether this would irritate my eczema prone skin. I've had to throw away so many products because they did. But I wanted to try this, so I purchased it, and after using it I am sold! It blends into my skin beautifully and looks very natural. It gives me plenty of covered without giving me an over-done look. I've noticed ZERO breakouts, no change to my skin tone, no flaking or dryness, and no eczema flareups. This is great.

Edited review:
I found It is a little drying. I found that if I moisturized very well beforehand, and applied with a slightly dampened brush, it looked best. Just FYI.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, this product was definitely matte...in the beginning! After a few hours of wearing this stuff, it separated on my face and looked completely disgusting!!!!! My skin isn't even all that oily. :(
I have no idea why people are saying this gives amazing coverage-- because it doesn't at ALL. Heck, Revlon Colorstay gives better coverage!
I found myself using tons of concealer to cover up what this foundation didn't. To makes matters worse, I starting breaking out after 3 days of using this foundation! :(
The ONLY positive is the excellent color selections. No. 20 (Ivory) was absolutely perfect for my very fair and yellow toned skin.
****UPDATE: *****

EDIT: 10/10/12: After trying Kat Von D's new Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, I am in love!!!! PHENOMENAL coverage without oxidation/greasiness. See my review on this for more details, if you're interested.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by kmcool2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I prefer EL DW. I have dehydrated skin and this product showed it a lot more than EL DW. I also could not find a good color match!