March 1, 2015 | 2270 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by sosochop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! Though I don't have oily skin, I'm the type of gal who will sweat in the arctic - less than 5 minutes after I put on other foundations, they are sliding off my face and I often just rely on concealer which really only makes me sweat more. Powder only settles into my 'fine' lines as powder will do when moist... I don't know how or why this works, but I am nice and dry for hours after I put this on, and even if I do sweat, I can blot w/ tissue and the foundation remains in place (I do occasionally have to reapply to my nose as I am also a constant nose blower - LUCKY ME!!!). The price is a bit on the high side but a little goes a long way and for what it does, it's like liquid gold to me. I can't honestly answer about packaging as I was given an ENORMOUS sample by a Sephora SA and so I won't need to buy my own bottle for a while but I hope it isn't a pain to get out of the bottle... either way, I'm buying this great goop in bulk if possible!!! Thank you MUFE!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, but with dry patches. I am an NC25 and was matched to a 30 in this foundation...I dont know if this was really the best they could do, because after putting it on my whole face at home (away from sephora lighting) it does not look like a good color match. It does keep me from looking oily, especially when set with MUFE HD powder but it also has a powdery finish by itself, so it does not look natural on me. I definitely look like Im wearing foundation. It also highlights any dry areas you may have on your face, but this is with all mattifying foundations. I do love the bottle, it is very hygienic and you can actually use all of the product, and you dont have to worry about breaking it if you drop it.
EDIT: I was rematched to a 40 and it looks much better!
I HATE that they dont put the # of your foundation color on the bottle so you have no idea what color you have. I tried taking in my second bottle to repurchase (the darker one) and we couldnt figure out what it was between two of the colors. That just seems like a glaring oversight on the part of the company; why would you make it harder to figure out what color the consumer had?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by jija

Love this product! full coverage, matte finish, matches my skin perfectly! My skin looks healthy with this on, which can't be said for some other foundations I have used. This is by far my favorite foundation and it feels fantastic on my face. Could not be better and the price is not atrocious.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by fatbottomgirl76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my 3rd bottle and my fave foundation. It's the only thing I've found that matches my skin. I use Alabaster. It covers well and keeps the oil away.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by yeahimdanielle

I tried this foundation a couple weeks ago, and I LOVE IT. I first applied it with my fingers, but I didn't think it was anything special. I then purchased the Sonia Kashuk version of the Beauty Blender (it's the same quality, but half the price) and tried applying the foundation with that. I immediately fell in love. I used this every day and it gives the most flawless look. My big problem with foundations is when they actually look like foundation (cakey..). When I wear this, it really looks like I'm not wearing any makeup at all. It stays on all day/night, so I don't even have to touch it up. My skin is mostly normal, but I still use a powder over this and it doesn't look cakey. Don't be afraid of the name, because it's not too drying at all. Actually, it can be used for a very sheer coverage foundation, and it's buildable to give full coverage. Overall, this is the best foundation I've ever tried. I recommend it 100%, but to get the best effect, I recommend using the Beauty Blender or the Sonia Kashuk sponge. The only bad thing is that I'm afraid of when the product starts to run out. I feel like the packaging is going to make it really hard to reach the last bit of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Everhill1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing foundation!!

I have tried it all and with my oily/combination skin this stays put all day! I also have large pores on my nose and this hides them completely! The only thing I have found with this foundation is that you have to work fast as it sets quickly. Sometimes I spray my face first with Fix + then work it in, otherwise I work it in with my fingers section-by-section. I am NW20 in MAC and I use #30 in this foundation. The colour stays true, I found no oxidation. I also don't have to blot through the day.
I like to try other foundations, but I always come back to this one!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by vickio92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

i have this in 15. It's a pretty good match to my pale, scottish, redheaded skin, much less orange than MUFE's HD in 110. It give full coverage that is buildable and I do not need concealer with it. The only downside is that it can be a bit drying and highlighting flakyness.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by shiaobundan

Best foundation I've ever used.

It is medium to full coverage, but doesn't cake up or look like i'm wearing foundation at all. A lot of foundatinos claim this, but this is the only one I think is true.

Also, it really does stay MATTE all day and it just looks like my skin. Doesn't get oily or bunch up in my pores. It feels completely weightless and all foundations claim this, but this one really delivers.

My first MUFE foundation, and now i'm itching to try the others.

Other foundations I've used and think are inferior to Mat Velvet + include: MAC Studio Sculpt, MAC Face and Body, Clinique Almost Makeup, Stila One Step, Revlon Colorstay, Rimmel (all of them), Benefit cream stick, Lorac oil-free (LORAC may be the only one that feels nearly as weightless as MUFE).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice foundation if you have oily skin or an oily t-zone. As with most MUFE face products, the color selection is really nice. I am quite fair and hard to match, but I had no trouble selecting the right shade. It offers a medium-yet-buildable coverage that's wonderful for every day. I have acne-prone skin and this did nothing to cause breakouts as far as I can remember. It gave me that perfect porcelain "doll skin" that I had always searched for. I wouldn't recommend it, however, if you have dry skin or are prone to dryness.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lizalicious87

so i have been searching for a good foundation for years i have tried them all. I had heard mixed reviews about this foundation so I was scared to try it. I wanted a foundation that had great coverage, didnt clog pores, an didnt look like a mask. Well i found it this is one of the best foundations i have tried. It has great coverage, without being cakey. doesnt clog pores and doesnt get oily, which i tend to get. also doesnt feel heavy i hardly feel like i have make up on. i was using mac studio fix and this is hands down much better. Mac was too heavy and made me feel oily and cakey. you gotta try it its great last all day and i dont have to reapply...i am happy so far. however i have notice that it doesnt stay on for 16 hours and its lacking something i will continue to search.