July 31, 2014 | 1918 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by marimunoz

I got this in translucent medium and it is a perfect match. I was surprised since I usually need to use light to fair in other powders. I use this in the summer time when I want to cover up my blemishes without using a liquid foundation. It is very light, gives great coverage and it looks like I'm not wearing any makeup. I took off a lippie because the brush is too small and rough. Just toss the brush and use your own. Other than that it is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2007 4:44:00 AM More reviews by revengeofthemisfit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product is great for acne prone, oily, sensitive skins! i could only find three shades available in Oz: Light translucent, medium translucent and creamy natural. i got medium natural, which was a bit too light for my slightly tanned skin tone, but that was ok coz i could just brush bronzer on top.
the coverage was sheer and felt really really light1 usually wen i wear liquid foundation i majorly start breaking out, it feels like a mask and starts melting or fading within a few hours, but surprisingly this lasted all through school. my skin look naturally flawless and i'm pleased with the product. however, because of the limited colour range i wont buy it agian. i'm try the PF's pressed mineral powder next instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Rebelgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this powder a lot. Some times I wear it alone, other days I wear it over a tinted moisturizer. It provides very light coverage , enough to cover a bit of redness and even out skin tone. I imagine that it would last quite a while, so it is a good deal for the money. I don't use the brush that comes with it. I feel that it is too small. Other than that a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by luisatolentino

This is a good mineral loose powder and for the price you can't go wrong. I've been using it for around two months. It provides a medium to light coverage and it lasts all day (I have combination dry skin). I use the sand beige color I'm a LOLA with medium/light skin and both yellow and pink undertones. If you want to try mineral powders you may want to give this a try. I recently switched to the Cover FX new mineral foundation since their mineral are known to be more pure, but I have no problems in using both. Would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2007 10:10:00 AM More reviews by DixieChick04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First let me start off saying that I have been a fan of this website since I first laid eyes on it. I'm always looking for product reviews, especially makeup, and I have saved plenty and found great stuff too! Thanks!!!

I am a huge BE fan, but again have a family to raise and the cost is getting to be too much. I wanted to find a cheaper yet the same effect as BE and I carefully considered this product. I read all of the reviews on here and decided to take the chance. I visited the PF website, but was disappointed that they had no tool on helping pick your foundation color. I have blond hair, blue eyes, and fair with cool undertones. However, when it came to the BE product line, the medium was best for me. The fair and light made me look like I had seen a ghost, so by the third try...just the medium foundation was best...go figure.

I bought the PF in trans. med right before I went on a girls weekend with the women in my family. Who better to be my critics than family, trust me on this. I didn't tell them, but everyone of them asked what foundation I was using while on our trip. I explained about BE and told them I think I found a better one in PF. My sister who is a huge BE fan had to try it, and by the end of our trip, everyone had a foundation to take home with them.

Just a side note on my comparison to BE: I found PF covered better, gave me the same effect as BE and was just as natural. I didn't mind the design of the packaging, I just used a cap from an empty BE to work my magic. I only had to reapply with a tiny brush in certain trouble spots mid afternoon, but with BE I had to do a whole face reapplication. I'm going to look into PF "mineral veil" soon, once I run out of BE. I'm confident it will be just as good.

My last tidbit from researching...use a primer. However, I don't like to spend the bucks...hmmm, diapers or primer...lol. But I've heard from makeup artists that Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Gel because it has the silicone base like the most expensive brands.

Hope I helped!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by mikayyy

The first time I used this, I loved it! I buffed it onto my skin and my skin looked great. However, as the day wore on, I became unbelievably oily (which isn't normal for me) and when I looked at my reflection of the mirror in broad sunlight, you could totally see the powder on my face!
With all the positive reviews, I really wanted to like this powder so I tried again a couple times. No matter what I did, it was so obvious I had powder on, and later it started irritating my face with little bumps and redness (the included brush didn't help either). Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Kammers10

I LOVE this powder! Being over 40, I have to be careful with powders, I bought Sally Hansen Mineral Pressed Powder (for aging skin) and it was DRYING. So, I was afraid THIS would be too trying, it was a gift, I LOVE it! The light is a little light for me, but applies evenly, sheer, wears well, and my skin actually FEELS better! So thanks mom, I had given up on mineral powders!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by bowhuntergirl

Pros: This product is essentially the same mineral make up sold by Bare Escentuals, but for much cheaper. It gives better, natural looking coverage compared to Cover Girl's Simply Powder make up (the make up I have been using for over a year). I haven't seen much improvement in my acne prone skin, but I have only been using this product for a week.

Cons: The makeup looks flawless and wonderful for a few hours. If you have super oily skin like I do, it won't stay perfect looking. The opposite happens. My face looks cakey, shiny, and overdone. In fairness to the product, I believe the same thing would happen with any mineral make up. Indeed, it happened with BE. I was told that using a good moisturizer daily will help reduce the flow of sebum. I just started with Eucerin's Sensitive skin anti wrinkle cream today. Hopefully it will help my make up stay natural looking for a longer period of time. The brush that comes with the make up is too stiff for my sensitive skin. You are better off investing in a high quality soft brush and throwing the original in the garbage. The container shape is narrow. I like a shallow wide based container because it is less messy. I use the dome shaped lid to dip my brush in to avoid wasting the powder.

Final Word: It's the best make up I have found to date and will buy it again. I recommend the mineral veil to complete the look. Without it, large pores are more apparent.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by britneyholthouser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was cleaning out my makeup bag the other day and found this product. It was still full, and although I could remember buying it I couldn't remember why I had stopped using it- that was until I put it on. After just one day of wearing this powder my pores were SO clogged. I am still recovering. I should add that I have sensitive skin which is prone to clogging and breakouts. So maybe this is only for people without sensitive skin. This is the only "mineral" makeup to ever do this to my face. Now I remember why I stopped using it in the first place!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by jamie_2101

This is dry, mind you, and I have combination, dry-ish skin, so it shouldn't be able work that well. However, if I put on a few drops of jojoba oil on my moisturizer, applying it on, waiting for half an hour or so, and then put on this loose powder, it really covers quite well, as well as making the skin tone more even. Also, it hides freckles quite good ( i have some on my upper cheers) I do put on some concealer before it, but the powder itself is very sheer. The only thing I didn't like about it is the hard brush and the packaging. Either then that, it's quite fine. This doesn't make me break out (not yet anyways :P) The powder itself wasn't expensive at all, around 11 CAD (but it was on sale in shoppers, normal pricing is 15ish, so stock up!!) I would recommend this to a person with slightly oilier skin, as this is an pretty awesome powder. No flakiness, and lasts all day, so yep, definitely my HG for now! XD

Edit (January 24, 2008): A while ago I found out my skin was getting increasingly dry during the winter season. Apparently, with my dry skin + moisturizer + winter + mineral makeup + time = shine + large pores (magnified by the makeup), which wasn't at all that great. Dry skin users might consider using liquid foundation, as I am currently using maybelline pure liquid foundation, which lasts long and seems to moisturize my skin; if not, at least my pores arent large and my skin shiny. But I'll definitely re-use this loose powder when it gets warmer.