October 25, 2014 | 1795 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by aegrl1717

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this perfume will never go away. never. ever. it is a true classic. very thick, one spritz is almost overpowering. not realy for school, but good for special occasions. this perfume is kinda makes me think old hollywood glamour and goes well with a little black dress. very out of place in casual attire. i think its too overpowering but if you spray one spritz in the air and walk through it its wonderful. its the kind of perfume that people walk past and think "that person obviously wearing chanel no5" it is very expensive but lasts forever! classic perfume that will never go away. ever

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sick, this smells like old people. I asked two people for their opinions. #1) smells like baby powder. #2) smells like old people. There ya go. I can't believe people under 50 wear this...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by CarolynBergen

Wow!!! I can't believe there are women who actually hate this fragrance. This is a true classic with staying power! How many other perfumes have made it throughout the years like Chanel 5? Not many. There's a reason for it. After all these years it is a universal favorite. I started wearing this as a teenager, many moons ago. It was given to me as a gift from my first true love's mom. She wore it all the time. So I have been wearing this for the last 30 years. The ONLY scents I wear are Chanel 5, White Linen, must de Cartier or Ceasars. Because Chanel 5 is still a hot seller it doesn't smell old or outdated in my opinion. It's just pure class. I always receive compliments when I wear this and I am still surprised when people ask me what it is so they can buy some. I thought everyone knew this famous scent.

I love the perfume, the cologne, the bath soap and the lotion. I have them all! I find it's long lasting but never overpowering unless you spray half the bottle on yourself.

To each her own I know, but this will forever be my favorite scent and I will never get tired of it. My husband and son love it as well and always compliment me when I wear it around the house.

for the person who purchased it from a drug store...that sounds like a knockoff or fake because Chanel does NOT sell their products to drug stores EVER.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by yvonyvonnette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

DISGUSTING! i pratically choked the first time i smelled it. I first smelled it at a a local drug store and thought it was horrendous. 2 months later, I saw it again and thought maybe I would give it another go and that maybe the other one i smelled was a fluke. it wasn't a fluke, it just smelled like ...ew. its so heavy and artificial and overwelming. I then went to meet my friends after trying this perfume the second time and they were all like ' ugh, what are you wearing? you smell like an old lady' I know that a lot of people are saying this and saying this again would be pointlessly repetitive but this stuff smells like old ladies who wear too much makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by fqari84

its a bit overrated although it smells great on my mom...my dad gave her a bottle of this when they were dating...so i can't imagine wearing this..lool..good thing cos i'm not too crazy over the smell...i prefer guerlain's samsara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 2:09:00 AM More reviews by skullaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There's nothing like Chanel #5 in my hair. It is very femine, and very light, without being sweet at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by luxliving

I purchased my first bottle of Chanel No 5 a week ago. I'm 34. It's the best perfume I've ever owned or smelled. I purchased the EDP version and it's not too heavy. I use it lightly and only on my pulse points. Sometimes I just put it in my inner elbow creases and wrists and thats enough. The scent is so wonderful that you definitely don't need a lot of it.
I feel so grown up, sexy, elegant, intelligent, regal...when wearing this perfume. Of course, I'm all of those things without the perfume (SMILE) but the perfume gives me that extra something.
People compliment me when I wear this. I love it. I wear it when I feel like it. It's not for casual wear but of course one can wear it when and how she wishes.

Love the bottle--simple and elegant. Price is fine because it's a classic and it's a great scent. It will last forever if you use it properly. I rated it a 5 overall of course and I will definitley buy it over and over again.

Edited to add**** For those of you who do not like the fragrance, could it be because you are using the EDT (eau de toillette) and not the Parfum or EDP (eau de parfum)?? Also, be careful, there are a lot of fakes out there on the market. Don't buy this fragrance unless you are buying it from a reputable seller (I buy mine from Neiman Marcus, Sephora, or Nordstrom only). Also there is a HUGE difference between EDT and EDP...I honestly never knew the difference until a few years back...LOL. I always used to buy EDT's. NEVER AGAIN (with the exception of my Aquolina Pink Sugar--like this frangrance for light spring, summer days) EDP is sooo much better, stronger, it's the closest you can get to the pure parfum version. Eau De Toilette is just water, alcohol and a little bit of fragrance in my opinion. Also when you use an EDP---PLEASE use it lightly. I only place it on one pulse point and that's the area in the middle of my collarbone and I may place a little dab in the creases of my elbows..but that is it. You don't need more and if you put more you will smell awful---in my opinion. There is such thing as 'too much of a good thing'. Well, Chanel is a great thing and you can ruin it by using it too much. And lastly, everything doesn' t match everyones body chemistry. So perhaps on one body it smells old lady yet on another it smells captivating and sexy mature.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2007 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Portae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Did my grandmother wear this? Yes.
Do I love the idea of wearing Chanel No. 5? Yes.

...but that's not why I purchased this perfume. I have to admit that the smell of Chanel No. 5 conjures up fond memories for me, but nostalgia alone isn't enough to convince me to buy this perfume. On a whim, I decided to get a small sample from Sephora, just to see if it worked with my body chemistry. I adore the smell straight out of the bottle, but the intermediary phase is far too powdery for my taste. Luckily, the drydown is absolutely delicious, and returns to the clean, sweet, yet rich smell that i get in the initial spray. I find Chanel No. 5 to be a sweet and cozy smell- it blends with my natural scent to create something that smells like me, only better.

I have the EDP, and I must say that it's my favorite of the various formulations. The EDT smells sharp and synthetic, while the Parfum (in addition to being insanely expensive) has a drydown that reminds me of incense.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2007 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Annie_in_MN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is a lovely, serious frangrance. However, the only way that works for me is to spray it once in front of me and walk through it. Then it leaves a nice, subtle frangrance. If I spray it directly on, it is too strong and I get headaches.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2007 10:24:00 AM More reviews by traceb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I go back and forth about this classic perfume. It's pretty heavy for summer, and for some reason it smells very different when it first goes on than when it's had a few minutes to settle ( I know all perfumes do this but this one is way off). It goes on very harsh and strong in my opinion, but after 30 minutes or so it settles to a soft, musky scent that I like. But again, to heavy for summer and I always use it in small doses, and never less than thirty minutes before I leave the house. At this rate the bottle I bought will last me till the end of my days...