September 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

This is the only bar soap I buy on a regular basis for my body. It is mild and not drying. I can even use this on my face if I run out of face wash! Works great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 2:39:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I came across this about a year ago through my bestfriend. I was suffering from extremely bad back,chest, and shoulder acne. I was trying all the body washes for body acne and pads containg salicylic acid. Nothing was working! It just kept getting worse and started getting red and flaky. I was so embarrassed. Her birthday is in august and we were going out and we were looking for cute summer dresses. When she saw she said how she use to have the same thing and her older sister. She said to use dove soap and how it helps with that and how she doesnt have it anymore. So I gave it a try. First thing, the smell is soooo unbelievably beautiful. Its soft and calming and so clean smelling. I love it. Does not leave any sort of residue or sticky feeling like some soaps can do. Leaves you smelling beautiful, clean and super soft. Non irriating. Helped with my body acne sooo much. I thought it might help with my face skin. It was too irriating on my face. On my body its great!! My brother now loves this too. Great product. Love this so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by marerahappy

I've swithched totally to Dove bar soaps for a year now (although every now and then I use a bar of Olay since a few of them are still lurking in my cabinet).
Dove soaps have work wonders to our winter dry skin: my husband's skin was so dry and itchy last winter that he had to use creams, then I suggested Dove and within a couple of weeks his skin was balanced and normal again.
I use it on my body and face, although I actually use Neutrogena cleanser before applying the soap. Overall, Dove bar soaps give my skin moisture and softness and I love the smell...I think I'll keep buying forever :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by LushHush

I LOVE this soap! Every other soap I've used leaves a waxy film on my skin but dove rinses away clean, leaving my skin soft and smooth. I love bath creams and shower gels too but when it comes to soap dove cannot be beat. I don't use it on my face though, I only use face wash and cream cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I changed my mind about this bar on my face. I don think I like it much anymore. I've noticed that whenever I use this for a long period of time, I start to get clogged pores and whiteheads. I also notice my skin becoming a pool filled with oil, even if my skin is dry. It took me a while to put 2 and 2 together but glad I did.
I will continue to use this on my body though as it leaves my skin super soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by jennifer0828

this is my HG of bar soap. leaves my skin soft in the shower and removes all of my makeup also smells great! . however, i use a eye makeup remover before using this. so the soap removes the excess eye makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

yes this does smell really lovely...but it doesn't remove my makeup at all. sorry.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueen39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just confused why everyone keeps talking about this soap as a cleanser for the face? Def not meant for the face, only for those who have used it for years and are scared to try something better. I love it for my body though...and Caress.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by TabithaWC86

I love Dove!! I have used it forever ! My doctor when I was younger HIGHLY recommended this product for me since I have such sensitive skin. The smells are lovely and it works wonders. If your going to use it on your face however I would get the sensitive skin bar because it contains no fragrance. I can't use any other soap except dove. It is by far the only bar soap that doesn't dry you out and leave your skin tight feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is serious HG material. It removes makeup (and sunblock!), cleanses skin, moisturizes lightly for body so it doesn't leave irritated and tight skin, smells delicious, and can be used for face and body-- which saves precious travel space and luggage weight! Inexpensive and widely available. Foams up nicely (a foam cleanser is still reassuring when you get down to it), and comes in a multitude of formulations and scents suitable for virtually all types. Plus, you can get little "sample" bars of the stuff in almost any travel-size section of any drugstore or big-box store. Keeps my skin smooth and soft when I use it. Doesn't perform miracles (and prevent global warming) or clear up my acne or breakouts or fade blemishes or even out skintone, but those are what moisturizers and other topicals are for. For a basic cleanser that you need in the shower or when you wake up, this is it. Simple and classic and... everywhere. I love the Dove beauty bar! If you haven't tried it already (I know there are reviewers that have had bad experiences with this), at most, you'll lose $1... and I bet you'll still end up loving it for your body. [Plus, the new cucumber scent is absolutely heavenly]

(( see my Notepad for how I classify my ratings ))