December 19, 2014 | 825 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

Dove is the best bar soap on the market, and it's about $1/bar. Up until 3 weeks ago, when I first used Olivella bar soap, this was the only soap I dared use on my face. It's moiisturizing and smells nice. I mainly use shower gel now, and my husband often uses Dove. I'm giving it 4 Lippies since it can be drying to the face.
Edit: A few months ago I had an acne outbreak. I think it was the changing of seasons (summer to fall) since I could not pinpoint any product that may have caused it. I have used the Dove beauty bar since then and have been acne free since. Wow! I love trying new products, but I will never venture far from Dove again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by terriblebeauty

I love how this is cheap and it works better than high end products for me. High end products never seem to work on me, but this does.

Bar soap cleanses better but dries your skin out more, however that is not a problem if you use moisturizer.

Oh, and a warning. I hear it has almond oil in it, so if you're allergic to nuts, beware of allergic reactions.
Other than that, its a great soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by sydneyroxx

OMG! I LOVE this! I have been dealing with acne for 3 years now. I have tried many products, from Proactiv to Neutrogena. Most did not work,or only worked a little,or just made my skin uncomfortable. The only moisturizer I had was Cetaphil,and that made my skin oily/heavy. I read reviews for this soap,so I just said "Screw it.I'm gonna try this". and bought it for $1.09 at my local 99 cent store. Well,I'm glad I did! It's clearing up my acne breakouts well. The best part-I DON'T HAVE TO USE MOISTURIZER! NO MORE OILYNESS! And it's so gentle and I love the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sd0tbunny

The only soap I use on my body and face! Its helped me nurse my skin back to health when I had painful cystic acne breakouts, and now I use it in conjunction with SSC's Glycolic Cleanser to help keep my acne at bay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by mightymittens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always liked Dove. It's a great cleanser for the body (I don't really use it on my face, I'm too afraid to) It's the creamiest body bar I've ever used, doesn't leave me feeling stripped. I don't buy it all that often since I use a lot of body wash, it leaves the shower cleaner meaning cleaning it less often :) If I had an HG cleansing bar, Dove would be it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by VintageAmbition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A good everyday use soap bar. Not so drying unlike any soaps out there. Would recommend and buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Carrol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me, there is just something odd about this soap that irritates my 'most sensitive parts' - if you know what I mean. It's okay for the rest of my skin, although it needs a lot of rinsing, but when it comes to my 'personal parts' it burns like crazy while I am using it. I wind up rinsing and rinsing and telling myself "why did I do that again?", so I know it's not a one shot deal. This even happens with the sensitive skin formula, so there must be an ingredient Dove uses that just doesn't agree with me, because I use Safeguard, a so-called 'harsher' antibacterial soap down there and have not had the same reaction. Dove stays on the store shelves for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This soap is great. I don't know why people would use it to clean their face though, there are face products for that. I haven't ever had any problems with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Married2TheChiWhiteSox56

Gorgeous Soap. The Smell is Fantastic!!!!!!!!! Dove is the very best from there Bars to there Body Washes. I Love Dove soooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best Bar out there. Not Drying..simply perfect!!!!! and will continue using it!!!!!! :) I LOVE YOU DOVE!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!! A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Jamica

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Dove soap because it's not drying at all, and the pink soap bars are the best color after the white ones.

I would definitly buy this product again.