Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 12/8/2008 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE dove products, and this bar soap is no exception. This is the only bar soap that I have/ probably will ever purchase. The scent is so light, and it doesn't suck the moisture out of your skin.

on 12/8/2008 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Dove has always been my favorite bar soap. It softens and does not leave that tight dry feeling to the skin. Myself, husband and two teenage sons all use this soap for showers and we all love it. If the store is out of this brand, I do buy 'Olay, but it does not last as long due to the melt down of the soap. By melt down, I mean how it gets all gooie just sitting there after a shower. Dove does not do this. I will continue to buy Dove for out bar soap needs.

on 12/2/2008 11:11:00 PM

My mom has bought this soap for as long as I can remember. I don't think I'll ever buy anything else.

on 12/2/2008 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of the ONLY bar soaps that I would use. It's much less drying on skin than other bar soaps and doesn't feel like it leaves as much residue. This is the one I would go for if you're trying to save money by switching to a bar soap instead of body wash.

on 11/27/2008 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've used this product for years, it doesn't leave your skin feeling tight or dry, like other soaps can. I will definitely keep buying this beauty bar. I removed one lippie because I only like the unscented formula.

on 11/26/2008 6:23:00 PM

Staple in my bathroom. Gentle and moisturizing. Very simple, yet effective.

on 11/24/2008 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yes, it sure as hell is better than the soaps/bars in the market right now, leaves skin soft and is very good during winter as another armour in the battle against flakiness.

But it's quality seems to have fallen, this Dove is not the same creamy moistury Dove I used 7 years ago, that Dove was so rich and creamy and lovely.. maybe they changed the composition to counter the complaints that the soap melted very easily and so barely lasted. It has become a little harder now, but i feel it is after compromising on the moisture within..

on 11/23/2008 10:55:00 AM

HG soap! I used Lever2000 for years and always wondered why my skin was dry and irritated. My wonderful husband suggested we switch to Dove bar soap, and boy am I glad!!! It cleans, moisturizes, and doesn't leave a yucky film like some "moisturizing" cleansers. I use this to shave my armpits and legs so I no longer need to buy shave cream. And the biggest miracle of all, I can use it on my FACE! I have dry, sensitive, rosacea skin so just about everything irritates or dries out my skin. I still use my Cetaphil on a daily basis, but in a pinch or when I am in a hurry in the shower I use this on my face and it works. Go out and buy a bar, you will be glad you did. Oh, and Target sells small individual bars of this in the travel size area which is very convenient.

on 11/20/2008 4:17:00 PM

Good soap. It doesnīt dry the skin.
Sometimes I get bored of the scent, then I use something different.
But when I use it again I immediatly notice the difference: soft skin.
I donīt use it on my face, but this is the best soap for my back: keep it soft and eliminates break outs.
It does its job, so it gets a five.

on 11/20/2008 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

HG!!!!! I love absolutely everything about this bar. I feel so luxurious and wonderful every time I use it. I've used the original (white), moisturizing (pink), and Nutrium (lavender) dove beauty bars and I love them all, though it might be a toss up between the pink bar and the nutrium for my favorite.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE It!!!!! I have NEVER been able to use bar soap on my body or face, and can only use gentle glycerin soap on my hands because my skin is so dry. I've tried so many types, but none have made the cut, even the expensive french milled versions or the fancy natural types. I've actually even made my own soap in the past and that's the only thing that has ever come close to Dove.

The scent is divine and it leaves my skin silky soft and clean without any kind of filmy residue. I don't feel stripped or dry at all. Dove bars do have a tendency to become melty so I keep my bar in a dry place and not in the normal soap holder in the shower. It lasts quite a long time.

My BF has been a long time bar soap user and has used everything from Lever to Dr Bronners and even he has been converted to Dove. He loves using it as much as I do! His skin is super sensitive and prone to break outs, but Dove works wonderfully on his skin.

I also love using Dove on my face. I have Never ever EVER been able to use bar soap on my face, and most cleansers are way too drying for me. I'm a Cetaphil kind of girl, but for the past couple of months I've been using dove and love the results I've been getting. At night I use Pond's Cold Cream to remove make up then tissue it off and follow with Dove. There's a reason these products have lasted as long as they have. I love the old fashioned scent and feel. So many retro brands (such as Benefit, etc) are extremely popular, but this is the genuine retro product. My skin is radiant and Velvety and I often get compliments on how beautiful my skin is. Granted, genes have something to do with it, but if I don't maintain my skin properly there's definitely a difference. I will use Dove as long as they make it.