August 22, 2014 | 1030 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by lippylou_kisses

I used this product for a long time along with the other products from Clinique's 3-step program. I wanted to try something new so I switched to Kiehl's skincare for a while. Well, after a few months, I went right back to my Clinique. This clarifying lotion (which is more of a toner than a lotion) is the only thing that exfoliates my skin enough to keep it from breaking out. I also have very dry, sensitive skin in areas and this helps to remove dead skin and flakes. I do notice sometimes that my skin feels really tight from using this and when that happens, I just use it in the morning and not at night. There is a Clinique salesperson at the counter I go to that has PERFECT skin and she is definately over age 50. Her skin is smooth, tight, and virtually wrinkle free. She is one of the main reasons I stick to Clinique even though she may just have really good genes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2007 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Izzi_smith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product really helps with my acne and when used with the other 2 steps leaves me with glowing skin BUT it does seem to burn and sting my face when i use it and although the sting has lessened with use i'm pretty sure it's not a good thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 3:20:00 AM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about Clinique's Clarifying Lotion #2.
On one side it is great when you have blemishes, oily skin, and things like that, but if you have sensitive skin too, or tending to dry skin, it can be a bit of uncomfortable.
If your skin is really complicated, which means acne/combo/dry/sensitive, then better go to a dermatologist, because this one toner is definitely NOT for anyone's skin.
UPDATE: I am using this product since almost 3 months now, and I must say that I like it. I agree , this lotion is a bit harsh, but at least it keeps a lot of blemishes away, and it does not dry out my skin either.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by fsgregv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for about a year. It worked fantastic on my oily acne prone skin. After about a year or so, my skin got ten times more oily and i started to have baby acne all over my face. Talked to a derm and she said that it messed up the entire balance of moisture for my face. A year later, I use a mix between murad and mario badescu and have fantastic skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by camelias

This product sucks big, big time. It literally drys out your skin. If you don't believe me, check out the forum at www.essentialdayspa.com

Clinique 3 Step is infamous for recking people's skins.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

This is mostly just alcohol and water. It made my face so red and dry. It took almost two months to get things back to normal. I would never buy this one again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by design

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

breakout ahoy! this junk worked for a day but i always wash off my toners because i hate how they feel left on my skin! anyway, i didn't like this one because it broke me out the next day. i though i was just being picky so i used the toner on my shoulders abd neck to see. sure enough i got bumps and dry skin. use a gentle toner if you want to use them like one from eminnce organic skin care. save your money. also it smells really really chemically. the smell alone is enough to warn you

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2007 10:13:00 AM More reviews by muppet1

I always use this as part of the clinique 3 step and it does help to exfoliate to make skin look fresher, although i will be switching to the new skin clearing clarifying lotion and the rest of the new 3 step thats taking over from the discontinued anti blemish range.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 6:54:00 PM More reviews by aquariusa

All I have to say is that it smells 10x worse than nail polish remover.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by xojbabyox

dont use this if you have combination skin! I got too lazy to wash my face with water so I started to JUST use this and the moisturizing lotion on my face.. i had soo many breakouts afterward it was a disaster and some of them still have not gone away.. my advice is to get a consultation before you buy any clinique products so you can figure out what's right for your skin.