Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

2011 Reformulation: Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Menthol, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Red 6, Red 33, Violet 2

on 6/4/2007 10:14:00 PM

Oh my, how my opinion has changed on this product. I used to hate it, but could not stop trying it out. NOW I have found the secret......moderation. I started using the whole 3-step after deciding my skin was not actually oily (I thought it was because I have breakout issues) but dry. I use the mild soap (liquid at the sink and the bar in the shower), #2 toner, and the DDML. After the soap I only use the #2 toner on areas of breakout and a patch of acne scars (flat discoloration marks- not the crater-like kind). After 2 weeks the scars are lightening, the flaky patches are smoothing out, and the breakouts are minimized considerably. People either love Clinique or hate it.....I must admit I am now a convert. give it a try; they now have a much better sample selection.

on 6/2/2007 11:37:00 AM

This is the second step of the famous Clinique 3 step skincare program. .

First of all, what I don't like about this product is the terrible alcohol smell. It's awful! The tingle sensation is okay, I can deal with that but overall not a good product. Sure it does clean your face but alchol cannot be good for your skin. It's the worst toner I have tried so far. It leaves my skin feeling very dry, so dry that I need to put on a mositurizer asap. I would definitely not repurchase. The 3 step program did not "wow" me.

For reference: My skin is normal to dry. I don't have sensitive skin.

continued >>

on 5/29/2007 11:15:00 PM

I like this toner a lot. I love the refreshing tingle that it imparts on my combo-oily skin. It cleans my face well and is cheap. I don't mind that it has alcohol as I actually prefer that for extra cleaniless. Too bad it doesn't keep my face matte for very long. I use this in conjunction with the CL#3. All in all a great refreshing toner, and it lasts forever. Will repurchase as it works well and is widely available. My skin isn't sensitive so I can tolerate this daily. FYI: Used it on my BF and it burned his face so if you're sensitive, stay far away!

on 5/28/2007 2:11:00 AM

great. i m using clinique produrct for 3 years. start by 3 step basic. however, this is the perfect toner i have been used for.

on 5/21/2007 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've used this product for years, although I only use it a couple of times a week to "deep clean". It really gets every little bit of leftover makeup/grime out of your skin. I use it on my two little boys' skin once or twice a month to get the dirt out. They love it. I don't think I'd use it every day, although it's tempting to get my face really clean. I'd rather keep it hydrated! My skin is very, very sensitive. Facialists notice rather quickly. This stuff does not irritate my skin, but again, I use it only twice a week.

on 5/7/2007 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i used this religiously for about 2 years night and day, convinced it was doing me good. but it doesnt its a pointless product. its just alcohol, why would you wanna do that to your skin, it will dull out and dry out your skin. i like clinique stuff a lot, but dont buy in to this, its crap. i would use it again but not on a daily basis like they suggest, maybe once in a while on a deep cleanse and exfoliate day or something, but thats it.

on 4/29/2007 5:21:00 AM

Been using it for the last 3 years or so, after going through lots of different products to treat my acne issues and let me say that I swear by it!
The dullness of my skin is gone, i can stay without make up on and go out without scaring people away just like that, thing that i couldnt even dream of doing before using this marvel.
Now, ive been using this same level 2 lotion, but the mild version i found at the Duty Free shop when i went to LA and its like heaven to my skin!!!
never liked the plain mild version cause it looked like phlegm and its a bit disgusting to use it, but thank God for Duty Free shops!!!
I ve never ever seen this #2 mild lotion before, but i was introduced to it by a very nice squad of sales assistants and ended up buying it for like 15 bux the huge sized bottle, and it works great!
Cleanses and tones like the regular purple one, but without the weird feeling you get when you use it.
Would buy again and again and again...
I would like to know why it isnt available at regular department stores yet?

on 4/22/2007 9:32:00 PM

Didn't use this for that long to find out how it keeps my skin looking nice. But this stuff does sting a little bit, especially if you have a wounds or pimples on your face. I guess it's not a big deal, since this toner contains alchohol, and alchohol is supposed to make wounds sting. It's a way of cleaning too. When i use this stuff, my cotton ball becomes grayish because it got all the dust off. Compared to my other toner, this one is much better because the other one doesnt seem to clean as well. I will buy this again.

I used this product for a long time along with the other products from Clinique's 3-step program. I wanted to try something new so I switched to Kiehl's skincare for a while. Well, after a few months, I went right back to my Clinique. This clarifying lotion (which is more of a toner than a lotion) is the only thing that exfoliates my skin enough to keep it from breaking out. I also have very dry, sensitive skin in areas and this helps to remove dead skin and flakes. I do notice sometimes that my skin feels really tight from using this and when that happens, I just use it in the morning and not at night. There is a Clinique salesperson at the counter I go to that has PERFECT skin and she is definately over age 50. Her skin is smooth, tight, and virtually wrinkle free. She is one of the main reasons I stick to Clinique even though she may just have really good genes.

on 4/16/2007 6:27:00 AM

This product really helps with my acne and when used with the other 2 steps leaves me with glowing skin BUT it does seem to burn and sting my face when i use it and although the sting has lessened with use i'm pretty sure it's not a good thing.