October 23, 2014 | 887 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2007 6:28:00 AM More reviews by sun_p

i used this religiously for about 2 years night and day, convinced it was doing me good. but it doesnt its a pointless product. its just alcohol, why would you wanna do that to your skin, it will dull out and dry out your skin. i like clinique stuff a lot, but dont buy in to this, its crap. i would use it again but not on a daily basis like they suggest, maybe once in a while on a deep cleanse and exfoliate day or something, but thats it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 5:21:00 AM More reviews by flofee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Been using it for the last 3 years or so, after going through lots of different products to treat my acne issues and let me say that I swear by it!
The dullness of my skin is gone, i can stay without make up on and go out without scaring people away just like that, thing that i couldnt even dream of doing before using this marvel.
Now, ive been using this same level 2 lotion, but the mild version i found at the Duty Free shop when i went to LA and its like heaven to my skin!!!
never liked the plain mild version cause it looked like phlegm and its a bit disgusting to use it, but thank God for Duty Free shops!!!
I ve never ever seen this #2 mild lotion before, but i was introduced to it by a very nice squad of sales assistants and ended up buying it for like 15 bux the huge sized bottle, and it works great!
Cleanses and tones like the regular purple one, but without the weird feeling you get when you use it.
Would buy again and again and again...
I would like to know why it isnt available at regular department stores yet?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by OolilredoO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't use this for that long to find out how it keeps my skin looking nice. But this stuff does sting a little bit, especially if you have a wounds or pimples on your face. I guess it's not a big deal, since this toner contains alchohol, and alchohol is supposed to make wounds sting. It's a way of cleaning too. When i use this stuff, my cotton ball becomes grayish because it got all the dust off. Compared to my other toner, this one is much better because the other one doesnt seem to clean as well. I will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by lippylou_kisses

I used this product for a long time along with the other products from Clinique's 3-step program. I wanted to try something new so I switched to Kiehl's skincare for a while. Well, after a few months, I went right back to my Clinique. This clarifying lotion (which is more of a toner than a lotion) is the only thing that exfoliates my skin enough to keep it from breaking out. I also have very dry, sensitive skin in areas and this helps to remove dead skin and flakes. I do notice sometimes that my skin feels really tight from using this and when that happens, I just use it in the morning and not at night. There is a Clinique salesperson at the counter I go to that has PERFECT skin and she is definately over age 50. Her skin is smooth, tight, and virtually wrinkle free. She is one of the main reasons I stick to Clinique even though she may just have really good genes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2007 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Izzi_smith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product really helps with my acne and when used with the other 2 steps leaves me with glowing skin BUT it does seem to burn and sting my face when i use it and although the sting has lessened with use i'm pretty sure it's not a good thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 3:20:00 AM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about Clinique's Clarifying Lotion #2.
On one side it is great when you have blemishes, oily skin, and things like that, but if you have sensitive skin too, or tending to dry skin, it can be a bit of uncomfortable.
If your skin is really complicated, which means acne/combo/dry/sensitive, then better go to a dermatologist, because this one toner is definitely NOT for anyone's skin.
UPDATE: I am using this product since almost 3 months now, and I must say that I like it. I agree , this lotion is a bit harsh, but at least it keeps a lot of blemishes away, and it does not dry out my skin either.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by fsgregv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for about a year. It worked fantastic on my oily acne prone skin. After about a year or so, my skin got ten times more oily and i started to have baby acne all over my face. Talked to a derm and she said that it messed up the entire balance of moisture for my face. A year later, I use a mix between murad and mario badescu and have fantastic skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by camelias

This product sucks big, big time. It literally drys out your skin. If you don't believe me, check out the forum at www.essentialdayspa.com

Clinique 3 Step is infamous for recking people's skins.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

This is mostly just alcohol and water. It made my face so red and dry. It took almost two months to get things back to normal. I would never buy this one again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by design

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

breakout ahoy! this junk worked for a day but i always wash off my toners because i hate how they feel left on my skin! anyway, i didn't like this one because it broke me out the next day. i though i was just being picky so i used the toner on my shoulders abd neck to see. sure enough i got bumps and dry skin. use a gentle toner if you want to use them like one from eminnce organic skin care. save your money. also it smells really really chemically. the smell alone is enough to warn you