Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

Water, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel), Menthol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Trehalose, Soudium Hyaluronate, Butyene Glycol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 33 (CI 17200), EXT. Violet 2 (CI 60730)

This is such a crappy product, thank God I didn't pay for it, it came a as free gift with a purchase. It irritated my skin and stung a bit, no to mention the redness... I am always amazed that there are people who actually use un like it, they must have latex-like skins or something...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I do not like this at all. I used the whole 3-step system and it completely dried me out and did not clear up my acne. It burned when I applied it, too.

I decided to try this clarifying lotion as i have been plagued with spots recently, and my friend who had really bad acne swears by this stuff. The packaging is a bit grandma-ish and could do with a revamp! When i opened the bottle the smell made my eyes water, and my first thought was nail polish remover. When applied to the skin it stings a bit which isn't really a good sign, when that wears off it feels quite refreshing. Did nothing to improve my skin though. Also, something which smells this strong and stings/burns the skin, can surely not be good!

Clinique recommends this level of exfoliation for normal to dry skins which I personally don't get. I just switched to this from level 1 because I had major breakouts. This is wonderful for drying up acne and keeping oilier skin clear, but it is definitely too harsh for drier skin types IMO. I dread to think what 3 and 4 must be like. However, I will repurchase just because it has done a number on getting rid of my blackheads and zits.

very irritatin product, do not use if u have sensitive skin...

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this toner for about 6 months and I have mixed feelings about it. It feels really refreshing on your skin but it is very irritating because of the high alcohol level. I believe it's very good for oily skin but never use it on dry or sensitive skin cause it will cause irritation. In this case it's better to use the clinique toner 1 for dry skin or the one for sensitive skin. I also had some break outs when I first used it but according to my specialist it's normal since all the dirt is comming out of your skin due to the exfolation, especially in the first weeks. It's also important to whipe only once, never repeaditly. Overall I'm a big fan of clinique products, especially because they focus on the different skin types.

I really like this, it feels nice and tingly when applied. I've got sensitive acne prone skin and this works well for me! I've been using this for six months or so. Maybe I'm imagining things but my skin does feel smoother...

This is the only toner I use. I used to get one really nasty zit on my chin every month around "that time". After a month of using this stuff I haven't had to deal with that nasty zit ever again! I have crystal clear skin and I owe it all to this product. Of course I don't think it will work for everyone... you must know your skin and what it will work well with. For the most part my skin is not sensitive to products and is normal/ combination dry.

There are lots of negative reviews on this product - luckily I stumbled across it in my house because I never would have tried it based on the feedback here!
I have fairly clear normal skin, with the occasional dry spot. I tried out Cliniques Clarifying Lotion after another product made me break out with tiny pimples under the surface. They were gone the very next day!
Since then I've used this product nightly, I can't say how it might work on acne prone skin but it keeps my skin under control and helps with hormonal pimples.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Have used Clinique skin care for years and have tried all the clarifying lotions - this is too harsh for my combo oily in summer/acne prone/senstivie skin. It stung right away and left me very red and irritated. Don' waste your $$$! #1 did the job for me.