Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

Water, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel), Menthol, Acetyl, Glucosamine, Trehalose, Soudium Hyaluronate, Butyene Glycol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 33 (CI 17200), EXT Violet (CI 60730)

on 7/1/2007 4:17:00 PM

This is the only toner I use. I used to get one really nasty zit on my chin every month around "that time". After a month of using this stuff I haven't had to deal with that nasty zit ever again! I have crystal clear skin and I owe it all to this product. Of course I don't think it will work for everyone... you must know your skin and what it will work well with. For the most part my skin is not sensitive to products and is normal/ combination dry.

on 6/26/2007 3:41:00 AM

There are lots of negative reviews on this product - luckily I stumbled across it in my house because I never would have tried it based on the feedback here!
I have fairly clear normal skin, with the occasional dry spot. I tried out Cliniques Clarifying Lotion after another product made me break out with tiny pimples under the surface. They were gone the very next day!
Since then I've used this product nightly, I can't say how it might work on acne prone skin but it keeps my skin under control and helps with hormonal pimples.

on 6/25/2007 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Have used Clinique skin care for years and have tried all the clarifying lotions - this is too harsh for my combo oily in summer/acne prone/senstivie skin. It stung right away and left me very red and irritated. Don' waste your $$$! #1 did the job for me.

on 6/21/2007 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What a horrific product!

I shall not be purchasing this again and unfortunately I have a huge bottle of the stuff with only an inch missing. Hopefully the used inch has not ruined my skin beyond repair! It is dry and itchy but also realy oily and I have never had a problem with oily skin before!

I figure that if I used nail varnish remover on my face it would have the same affect and vice versa.

I went into SpaceNK apoc and told one of the SA's that I had noticed my skin was producing much more oil than usual and enquired after mattifying lotions - I told her that I had been using Clinique Three step and she said that lots of people have problems with this and the clarifying lotion is very irratating to most skin. I wish I'd known this before blowing my dosh!

on 6/18/2007 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It contains alcohol and menthol, which makes it too irritating and drying.

on 6/17/2007 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'll admit it. I got sucked into the 3-step system. I love the mild bar soap, and the Dramatically Different lotion and gel are nice. But this toner is awful! It smells very strongly of alcohol, and that alone irritates both my eyes and nose. It tingles when you use it (it also contains menthol), which I found unpleasant. I'd much rather pay less money and get Nivea's Alcohol Free Toner, or even Neutrogena, which I sometimes find pricey. This is a total waste of money unless you have really tolerant skin. Definitely will not buy again!

on 6/17/2007 3:05:00 AM

This toner will clean your skin, but so will a bottle of alcohol if you can deal with the drying effects. The "tingling feeling that tells you it's working," as the label says, is the same tingling feeling you get with alcohol. When I returned it I told the salesgirl it has too much alcohol (it's the first ingredient listed and from the smell of it I think it makes up 70% of the product), anyways she told me it was the witch hazel. Yeah - I don't think so! I've used witch hazel toners and they don't smell or dry your skin out like this stuff!

on 6/9/2007 11:20:00 AM

This has a strong alcohol odor and related sting on the skin. It works ok as a toner and did not dry my combo skin out. I would not repurchase simply because there are so many other better toners out there.

on 6/4/2007 10:14:00 PM

Oh my, how my opinion has changed on this product. I used to hate it, but could not stop trying it out. NOW I have found the secret......moderation. I started using the whole 3-step after deciding my skin was not actually oily (I thought it was because I have breakout issues) but dry. I use the mild soap (liquid at the sink and the bar in the shower), #2 toner, and the DDML. After the soap I only use the #2 toner on areas of breakout and a patch of acne scars (flat discoloration marks- not the crater-like kind). After 2 weeks the scars are lightening, the flaky patches are smoothing out, and the breakouts are minimized considerably. People either love Clinique or hate it.....I must admit I am now a convert. give it a try; they now have a much better sample selection.

on 6/2/2007 11:37:00 AM

This is the second step of the famous Clinique 3 step skincare program. .

First of all, what I don't like about this product is the terrible alcohol smell. It's awful! The tingle sensation is okay, I can deal with that but overall not a good product. Sure it does clean your face but alchol cannot be good for your skin. It's the worst toner I have tried so far. It leaves my skin feeling very dry, so dry that I need to put on a mositurizer asap. I would definitely not repurchase. The 3 step program did not "wow" me.

For reference: My skin is normal to dry. I don't have sensitive skin.

continued >>