October 25, 2014 | 1073 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by kmd521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite drugstore foundations. I used to always reach for my original colorstay but now it sits in the back of my drawer. I have to mix Ivory and Buff (NC15). I apply this with my F80 or Sonia Kashuk flat top brush. The price isn't bad because of the quality of this for it being drugstore. The coverage is amazing and the lasting power is great! I have makeup on for at least 12 hrs everyday and work in a fast paced retail store so I have no time for touchups.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Ta2dqt21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My new HG foundation, hands down. It works so fantastically well for me, and believe me, I am picky. The formula goes on wonderfully creamy (much easier with a quality foundation brush), dries fairly quickly to a matte finish, sets well with a finishing powder, and lasts, quite literally, the entire day. The color selection is quite lovely, with a shade for absolutely everyone. The jar itself is fairly sturdy, and does withstand the occasional tumble. Make sure that you have a decent makeup remover, because this formula, much similar to the liquid version, is a handful to take off. If you don't mind the extra effort, this foundation rivals many of the higher-end brands, for a fraction of the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by TaraAliceBuckT

Love this! I like the nice glass jar with the plastic cap. I also like how it allows you a lot of control over how much product comes out. I recently finished my first jar and was happy to use every last bit of it, unlike some foundations where the packaging leaves a lot of product left over.
I haven't tried any other revlon foundations so I have nothing from this brand to compare it to. It's a nice thick consistency that gives medium to full coverage. It is definitely buildable. It blends well with a nice dense brush or a beauty blender. It doesn't really "set" or turn into a powder finish, so if you like that sort of finish, you should probably powder after. I tried powdering afterwards but I felt that I looked a bit too cakey. Even though the foundation wasn't totally set without powder, I felt that I looked more natural without it. It gives a really nice porcelain (I want to say satin?) finish.

I also loved the shade selection. It was a very close match to my natural skin color. I will definitely go back for more in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by sugarkookies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So much hype has been written about this foundation and I now know why...I LOVES it! I bought it from Rite Aid when it was 40% off so it was like $8, I believe, and worth the try at that price. I was super confused as to which color to buy b/c I haven't used this foundation before so I purchased it in Early Tan since I have a slight "tan". It matches my skin perfectly AND it goes on like "butta"! Blends great, I really love it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by lncushin

I've been using Make Up Forever Mat Velvet + foundation for quite a while (shade 20-30 generally) and I have to say I am SO happy to find a cheaper foundation. I was getting pretty fed up with the super-matte finish of the MUFE foundation, and this foundation gives a bit more of a satin finish. One huge complaint I have is the packaging. It is incredibly difficult to find your shade - I ended up picking Sand Beige which is a little bit too dark for me. Beware, the color will not be the same as you see it through the thick glass and I would recommend purchasing somewhere you will be able to return after opening.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 150 Buff, I'm NW15 in MAC and Buff worked great for me. This is a liquid-creme foundation in a heavy glass jar with a screw-on black plastic lid. The packaging looks nice and is heavy; I use a small plastic spatula to scoop out what I need. The foundation itself is full coverage, and comparable to MAC Studio Fix as far as finish and staying power. It will last all day, and gives a flawless, matte finish. I have somewhat dry skin with no real issues, and I typically wear light to medium coverage foundations with a more natural look. This is WAY too heavy for me, even when applied with a very light hand, and can be cakey and very mask-like. I applied it with my ELF Studio flat top brush and it blended fairly easily and did last throughout my entire workday with minimal touchups. The finish was a solid matte, and gave a very "pinup" but very unnatural doll-like appearance (think Dita von Teese). This feels & looks like heavy stage makeup. If you have skin issues that need a lot of coverage, and want something that holds up, or are looking for a full coverage matte finish (perhaps if you are on the stage), this would be a great foundation for you. I gave it 3 stars because I think it performs amazingly well and does what it claims - but I find it way too heavy and unnatural for my own use.

Edited 8/15: I decided to give this another try, since it gets so much love online. I tried a different application method - a MAC cosmetic sponge dampened with Fix+ spray, and a small amount of the foundation. It applied easily, blended well, and gave a matte, but natural, medium coverage finish that held up well in Texas August heat & humidity. I do think you can very easily go overboard with this, but I think it is a very nice drugstore foundation and will definitely be in my regular rotation. The only downside I see, aside from the weight, is that since it is very matte, it may not be the best choice for dry or aging (I'm 38) skin that needs a little extra luminosity to look alive. At the end of the day, this can look very flat & dry. I have also tried applying this with a flat-top synthetic brush, and that works very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyLynne87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have it in 150, and it is slightly too dark for my winter complication. I do enjoy this product, and It does not emphasize my dry patches like some foundations do. It feels very creamy and blends like a dream. It stays on all day without moving for oxidizing. Great drugstore foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a great foundation. Applies smoothly and has a good amount of coverage. I never was a fan of the original Colorstay but this is so different. It's as 'natural' as a foundation can look on my skin. Never looks cakey on me as I only apply a thin layer, though it still covers what I want it to. You get less product that other foundations but its such a good foundation I will still repurchase nonetheless. My only gripe is that they don't have many yellow based shades. I wear sand beige which is a great match for my skin but I can tell it needs to have more yellow tones to be absolutely perfect - so strong yellow undertoned ladies beware. Probably my favourite foundation ever. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by heyitschloe98

I absolutely love this product and hate it as well. Here is why:

Pros:
-pretty flawless coverage, especially if you wear a little concealer on any pimples underneath
-eliminates redness well
-lasts all day (I don't know about the 24 hours it claims to last, but who cares, no one sleeps in foundation)
-didn't break out my acne prone skin
-packaging is very elegant, like its from a makeup brand counter at Macy's
-a little goes a long way
-looks fairly natural, easily blendable, creamy consistency

Cons:
-needs time to set (see below for details on that)
-packaging is an optical illusion. From the outside of the glass, it looks like the entire diameter of the container is filled, but once you take off the cap, you see that the cavity where the makeup is stored is smaller than it first appears
-a little expensive for rite aid, around $13
-packaging is also unsanitary, you have to stick your fingers in it
- I accidentally dropped my hairbrush and the handle landed in this container while the cap was off. that was a mess to clean up, plus i lost a ton of product :( but that was my fault

So, about setting this foundation. When i first put it on, I hated it. It was cakey and uneaven and just looked gross. But i decided to leave it on to see what happened. And in an hour, my face looked flawless! Since this epiphany, I have been putting it on just after i get up at 6:00 am. Then by the time I leave for school, its perfect. And because of my oily skin, i use neutrogena's shine control powder to set it. I guess it just takes a while for the stuff to set in and for everything to balance out. Since it looks so nice, I think its totally worth the wait.
Also, it tends to look better as the day goes on, which I think is better than the opposite. It looks more natural after 4 or 5 hours. I just re-aply powder to keep shine away and I'm all good. I definitely recomend it, and probably will buy again:)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by chc11310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Tried this after hearing so many beauty gurus on YouTube rave about this stuff. Tried it out and fell in love. My biggest pet peeve with foundations is feeling it on my skin, the heavy feeling many can give like my long time foundation MAC studio fix..
This stuff is full coverage and is the most light weight foundation I have ever tried. It takes a while to set, after a few hours of wear it looks amazing, which I found so odd but loved that it looked better over time instead of the other way around. Only complaint is I found that this product did break me out a bit unlike the regular revlon colorstay liquid, and I hate the packaging. So bulky and is a pricy drug store foundation. I do love this foundation, I prefer this foundations wear over the revlon colorstay liquid but the fact that it breaks me out is a bummer