October 1, 2014 | 1338 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by heyitschloe98

I absolutely love this product and hate it as well. Here is why:

Pros:
-pretty flawless coverage, especially if you wear a little concealer on any pimples underneath
-eliminates redness well
-lasts all day (I don't know about the 24 hours it claims to last, but who cares, no one sleeps in foundation)
-didn't break out my acne prone skin
-packaging is very elegant, like its from a makeup brand counter at Macy's
-a little goes a long way
-looks fairly natural, easily blendable, creamy consistency

Cons:
-needs time to set (see below for details on that)
-packaging is an optical illusion. From the outside of the glass, it looks like the entire diameter of the container is filled, but once you take off the cap, you see that the cavity where the makeup is stored is smaller than it first appears
-a little expensive for rite aid, around $13
-packaging is also unsanitary, you have to stick your fingers in it
- I accidentally dropped my hairbrush and the handle landed in this container while the cap was off. that was a mess to clean up, plus i lost a ton of product :( but that was my fault

So, about setting this foundation. When i first put it on, I hated it. It was cakey and uneaven and just looked gross. But i decided to leave it on to see what happened. And in an hour, my face looked flawless! Since this epiphany, I have been putting it on just after i get up at 6:00 am. Then by the time I leave for school, its perfect. And because of my oily skin, i use neutrogena's shine control powder to set it. I guess it just takes a while for the stuff to set in and for everything to balance out. Since it looks so nice, I think its totally worth the wait.
Also, it tends to look better as the day goes on, which I think is better than the opposite. It looks more natural after 4 or 5 hours. I just re-aply powder to keep shine away and I'm all good. I definitely recomend it, and probably will buy again:)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by chc11310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Tried this after hearing so many beauty gurus on YouTube rave about this stuff. Tried it out and fell in love. My biggest pet peeve with foundations is feeling it on my skin, the heavy feeling many can give like my long time foundation MAC studio fix..
This stuff is full coverage and is the most light weight foundation I have ever tried. It takes a while to set, after a few hours of wear it looks amazing, which I found so odd but loved that it looked better over time instead of the other way around. Only complaint is I found that this product did break me out a bit unlike the regular revlon colorstay liquid, and I hate the packaging. So bulky and is a pricy drug store foundation. I do love this foundation, I prefer this foundations wear over the revlon colorstay liquid but the fact that it breaks me out is a bummer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by lane223

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great foundation. I love the texture because it gives great coverage and isn't super liquidy. I have oily skin, but this stays on my skin all day long, when i get a dry patch here and there it usually clings to it thought :/ i use it with my beauty blender and get natural, even, full coverage. possible dupe for the tarte amazonian clay foundation (:D), they are my top two foundations right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca1234

This product did not work for me at all. I am, however, giving it a 4 because I think it's a good foundation, just not for me. Right now, my skin is on the dry side and this foundation made it even drier. When I first put it on, it looked soo beautiful! I did not need any concealer on my acne scars. The coverage was amazing -- I was really hoping it would work! But as the day went on, my face just felt and looked drier and drier and the make-up was kind of mask-like and thick, although I don't feel I put a lot on. I also did not top it with powder. When I took it off, my face was even drier. The next day, I tried it again.. I put A LOT of moisturizer on and put even less foundation, this worked a little better, but it still gave me a dry, matte look and I much more prefer a more natural, satin, or even dewy look. I also had a hard time getting my blush to show up over this. I normally just put the tiniest touch of my Wet and Wild blushes (which are highly pigmented)...with this foundation, I had to put on a lot for it to show up. I returned this to CVS. Maybe in the summer, when my face produces more oil, I will try this again. But for now, it's a no go for me. Oh, BTW, I am MAC NW25 and I had 200 Sand Beige which was a little bit too light for me, if I purchase again, I will go up one color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is such a fabulous foundation. Initially i was a tad weary that this might not be the best choice for a dry skin but i was definitely incorrect about that. It has a lovely texture thats somewhere in between a thick creme and a mousse. It blends like a dream either with your fingers or a beauty blender. It provides in my opinion full coverage, though i prefer to sheer it to about a medium. It sets to a natural satin finish and i only powder my t-zone. This foundation does not at all enhance my dry skin, in fact it feels quite moisturizing, but doesn't at all leave a dewy finish which has me believe an oily skin would enjoy this foundation as well. It has an impeccable staying power, it looks flawless for a solid 12hrs. I wear the lightest shade and it is a decent match, a tad too dark but when blended down the neck its not really an issue. The only downside to this foundation is the bulky packaging, i like the look of the glass jar but its just impractical and unhygienic. I would prefer if this foundation came in a squeeze tube, sort of like the LM silk creme. Regardless i will be repurchasing this foundation, it has become my HG drugstore foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Duckiesangel8403

Great foundation!! One of my faves by far.

I always search for foundations with good coverage because if I'm not getting good coverage from a creme or liquid foundation, I'd rather just use my powder foundations. This foundation is one of my go-to foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by purplescarf6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is just okay for me, which is disappointing considering how hopeful I was for this to be my HG. I'll start out by saying that while this gave really full, flawless, gorgeous coverage, it felt heavy. Like, one time when I wore this to school I told my boyfriend I was wearing my stage makeup. Not good to feel like I have a mask on my face, no matter how little I put on. Secondly, the packaging sucks. I don't mind the unsanitary aspect, though I bet a lot of people will, it's just super heavy and bulky. Another issue for me was this: it was too dark for my super pale skin. It got pretty close to matching, I have to say, but there was a visible line where my neck meets my face. This is not just a Revlon problem, this is for over 90% of the foundations I've ever tried, so take this comment with a grain of salt. A huge plus for me was that it lasted the entire day, from 7 am when I put it on to 10 pm when I took it off. I think this is one of those foundations that you'll have to try it to see if you like it though, so if you buy this do it at a place w/ a good return policy. Also, this is pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by allygirl122

When I first got this product I was really excited considering a lot of the beauty vloggers on youtube were talking about how awesome this is for oily/combo skin. So I thought I would try it out. Overall I would say that I don't hate this product, but it isn't the best for me. I have semi bad kerotosis pilarsis on my cheeks and it covered the redness but it makes the bumps almost more apparent then I'd really like. I also couldn't really find a color match that suited my naturally light/medium skin tone everything that I tried was too pink. I still use it from time to time, but overall I could not find an application process that I liked. I wouldn't recommend trying this foundation simply because it's too expensive for drugstore and too hard to find a proper application method.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by SeeAndBelieve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation! Im an nc35 in MAC, and use Warm Golden in RC. But, the only con is that it's kinda pink for my skin, not golden enough unfortunately. But on the bright side, it provides medium-fuller coverage and is pretty easy to blend. I'd but again but the shade after Warm Golden would be too dark for me, and the shades before it too light. But I definitely reccomend this product as long as you can find the right shade :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Initially I found Colorstay Whipped to be way too thick and mask-like when applied with my hands (although that's what is recommend). It also doesn't help that I bought the wrong shade. I am NC20, and I bought Buff. It's about a full shade too light and also too pink for me. Despite the color being off, this foundation applies really well with a dense stippling brush. I *very* lightly tap it on to well moisturized skin and then gently buff it out. I then go back and just tap a little extra onto any spots that need more coverage. It looks much more natural and sheer this way and it wears evenly throughout the day. So far I've had no irritation or break outs. When I find the right shade, this has potential to be a new favorite for me.