November 27, 2014 | 1304 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by jet8848

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, this broke me out. I really liked the coverage, color and finish, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this, it gives me a much softer, dewier, airbrushed look compared to regular colorstay. I will buy again as soon as I've used up the rest of my foundations!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by emiii53

This is currently my foundation that I use every day and I am now on my second tub of it (due to the change in seasons and my skin tone). In the past I had used the original ColorStay liquid foundation, and ended up not being such a huge fan because it broke me out, so I was reluctant to try this one. But because of the good reviews, I decided to take a leap of faith. And I'm glad I did, because this has been my favorite drug store foundation so far. And it does not break me out. Is it my HG? No. But its pretty darn close. The foundation comes in a glass tub which is rather heavy, but thats okay because thats better than feeling cheap. The foundation itself is THICK. Like you can turn this tub upside down and shake it and this stuff will not budge. Its a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore foundation (I think I payed around $13?) but in my opinion, its worth it. I have a lot of red, blotchy, pigmentation on my face, and this foundation covers it completely, no questions asked. The ONLY problem I have with this product, and that I've had with many others, is the fact that it tends to make my already dry and flaky nose look worse. It doesn't feel very moisturizing around my dry areas, but I'll toss that up to the cold winter months. All in all, this foundation sits well on my skin, doesnt break me out, has full coverage, and lasts all day. And thats all great in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE IT! Looks very natural applied withe the beauty blender. I use a qtip get out about a pea size rub on the lid and dab my sponge in it. I use this over my murad oil control mattifier. No oil break though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Joliheart26

Really like this foundation. Oddly, I find it doesn't apply well on me when I do use a foundation primer - but it is great when I don't use one. I just make sure to have really clean hands before applying it because I find the open jar concept a little unsanitary, but I'm the only one dipping my fingers in there, and like I said I wash them right before applying.
Applies smoothly to my skin and leaves a natural finish. Love this product, a little torn on the packaging, but I do enjoy it and use it every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by amwatson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fairly good foundation if used with a primer. Cakey and muddy looking otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by littleladylew

This foundation covers great. However, it could be problematic if you have oily skin. I personally apply with a sponge or I find it gets streaky. The texture when on the skin, feels like a freshly moisturized face. If not set with a powder it can shift during the day. Overall, great product just wish the packaging was more sanitary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At last!!! I have found a foundation that I like as much as (if not more than) Bare Minerals! This foundation is incredible. My favorite thing about it is that it's so easy to apply. A little goes a long way, and so I urge you -- LESS IS MORE with this foundation! Too much can make it look caked on. So I recommend starting with just a tiny little bit, and then adding more if you think you need to. It's very build-able, and the coverage is PERFECTION! It somehow strikes the balance of looking flawless and covering every imperfection, and yet somehow also looking very, very natural! I'm talking "no makeup, just perfect skin" natural! (But again, start with very little!) I'm just blown away by this foundation's ability to control oil -- with most foundations (including BE and Clinique Superbalanced) I had to blot within four hours of putting on my makeup, and I would go through three blotting sheets on an average day. This stuff lasts for SEVEN HOURS without having to touch up. It's amazing. I've never seen a makeup control oil and shine like this one does. I do NOT use primer or even powder -- I just put this on my face and that's it (although I do begin with Mario Badescu's cucumber cleansing lotion toner). The beauty of this product is that because of its creme/mousse consistency, it doesn't even need powder -- it acts like a liquid foundation and setting powder all in one, and achieves a beautiful matte finish. It's SUCH a time-saver! It's pricey for a drugstore foundation, but worth it. Although it doesn't contain sunscreen, I would prefer a foundation without sunscreen than a foundation that contains synthetic sunscreens (I only like natural mineral sunscreens because I'm allergic to the fake ones). So at least this product gives me the option of choosing my own sunscreen to put on underneath, rather than forcing me to deal with junk like oxybenzone that causes wrinkles. This is a lot like the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse that I used in high school, but with better oil control and a vastly superior shade selection -- I am very fair with cool-neutral undertones, and the second-lightest shade ("buff") is a perfect match for me. Love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I HATED the original colorstay. I got the oily/combo liquid and it made my face oily, emphasized my pores, caked with even only a small amount. It had such great reviews and I was really disappointed.

I'm glad I went ahead and tried this one. The only similarity with the original is its staying powder, which is excellent. The formula is soft and blends into the skin much better, though not perfectly. The color match is also much better, the lightest shade in whipped being lighter and more neutral than the original liquid.

I rated it four stars and almost listed "no" for repurchase because you don't get much for the price and it goes FAST. I like the 3-in-1 from CG a little better but this is a really amazing foundation too so I'd repurchase in a heartbeat if that was out of stock or discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Annajadee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation because it was new to the colorstay line and I love the original Revlon colorstay. First off the packaging i actually really love! some people don't like it saying that its to bulky but i think it makes it look really expensive and i find it easy to use then all of the products in a tall glass bottle.

If i was to compare this to the original colorstay it definitely does not have the same coverage although it is buildable i find its really only medium. It doesn't cover dark spots or scars so be prepare to use concealer. It gives more of a semi matte finish and the consistency reminds me of thick pudding but it definitely feels quiet light on your face.The lasting power is pretty good about 8 hours and i do agree it looks better as you wear it throughout the day.

This is great for oily skin, if you have dry patches it might stick to them so i would advise you to where a good primer. The shades are not very good. Very hard to see through the glass and once you look inside its completely different to when you swatch it. I decided to go with sand beige which is the 3rd lightest color and thought if it was too light i would warm it up with bronzer.But it turned out to be a little darker than i expected and suited my skin tone okay its a neutral medium tone so for people who are more fair it would be hard to find a good shade especially for some of the darker skin tones aswell. Also it has a weird plant smell to it no one has said anything about it but you can really tell.

Overall if your looking for something light-medium coverage, up to 8 hours wear,oily skin, light weight feeling then this foundation is for you!