November 29, 2014 | 1718 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

Ok I am going to do a pros and cons list for this product to make things easier and to help people understand what is good and whats not. Sometimes people are looking for products to do different things. I have 3 baby lips: 1 coral, 1 baby pink, 1 bright pink

pros:
goes on smooth
variety of colors
doesn't give too much color (if you are looking for that!)
feels nice on the lips
CUTE packaging

cons:
greasy!
doesn't give too much color (if you're looking for that, once again)
doesn't last very long, have to reapply a lot
colors sometimes look different on lips (in a weird way) then in the packaging

That being said, this is a so/so product. I will continue to buy the baby pink one because I see it more as a chapstick. I am not fond of my coral and bright pink ones.

=) hope this helps

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Karolyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this balm in a swap. At least I did not spend money on this product that does nothing but dries out your lips. Oh and the smell is so plasticky or some kind of chemical smell. My husband refuses to give me a kiss if I'm wearing it, that says it all. Applies very waxy too. The only thing I like is the packaging because it is cute. Other than that I wold never ever buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by cb0001

My 12 year old daughter likes these but they do NOTHING for me! It does not moisturize as it states AT ALL and it doesn't even stay on long. I don't get what the big deal is. I have not used the tinted ones but my daughter's friends have and in my opinion it bleeds out and makes them look like clowns.

For those who are looking for a moisturizing chapstick, try Neutrogena's Naturals lip balm (over with the skincare products). It is wonderful!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by geekybabe91

Hate this product. Did not moisturize my lips at all. In fact, this product made my lips worse! Never buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Jerena

I got 3 of them and wanted to see why everybody is so crazy about them and soon discovered that it's such a HORRIBLE and OVERRATED product!!! They feel very greasy and as soon as dries on the lips you have to reapply it again because it feels very dry and smell is nasty too. So dissapointed that i got into youtube hype with this and EOS lip balms, even NIvea sucks. the only one really helps it's burt's bee's lip balm they are the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by xonadiya

Bought this because of the rave reviews.
I didn't like this product at all. Barely any pigment and it dried my lips out. It also tastes and smells weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by pb84

I stumble on this one when Nivea lipbalm not in stock for many weeks. Not much to say about a lipbalm actually, but I find it more moisturizing than the Nivea one, more naturally softm less slipper/glossy and last longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by tpostell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Average lip balm. Hydrates for a few minutes, then back to normal. The best lip balm is Lypsyl (without the SPF).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For whatever reason, Baby Lips was sold out in virtually every store in my area when it was first released for the longest time. All I would ever find were torn up display cases and, on occasion, an empty package. About eight months ago, the fervor finally died down a bit and I got a tube. I picked Cherry Me because I'm super boring and, well, that was the only "flavor" available.

First, the name Baby Lips is just weird to me. I suppose it is suppose to invoke images of soft, supple, unchapped lips that babies have or something but I'm still wondering how Maybelline came up with the name. The packaging is nice enough. It looks more like a cool tube of lipstick than a lip balm, mainly because of Louis Vuitton/Stephen Sprouse-esque writing. The balm itself is decent. In fact, I dare say it's just a heavier, less waxy version of good old cherry Chapstik. It has nearly the same cherry Chapstik-smell and also leaves your lips lightly tinted just like cherry Chapstik. It is fairly moisturizing, more so than Chapstik because it is heavier. I don't know if it's truly healing as I rarely get full on chapped lips unless I'm sick or sunburned. When that happens, no lip balm on the planet helps but this does manage to keep my lips from drying out and being totally devoid of color. Thus far, this hasn't crumbled or dried or become a total mess like some higher priced lip balms tend to do.

I likely would buy this again because it's cheap and the packaging is cute. It's not an HG product for me by any stretch but it's a good lip balm that is actually reasonably priced - quite a rarity these days.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by babybunnyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Baby lips?? More like GRANDMA LIPS. It makes my lips even dryer and more chapped than before I put it on. And as it wears off it strips all the natural moisture from my lips. Even Vaseline is more effective. Sigh*

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No