NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 11/19/2012 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

lets start of with saying that my skin is achne prone and fairly oily during all seasons. I had heard amazing reviews about this foundation even on oily skin! I picked up a bottle which is fairly expensive. Loved the neat packaging it looked very classy. The screw lid meant loss of product but it didn't matter if the product inside was amazing. With high expectations I applied the foundation over my primer and set with a powder the colour was fine. throughout the day my skin because so greasy it made my oily skin 50x worse even my boyfriend & dad said I looked oily ! It even started to slide of my nose and chin ! Ewwww. I didn't give up and kept trying it out for 3 weeks, it's just awful. The coverage isn't even good either : looks great at first then HELLO AWFUL SKIN. I'm sticking to my Estée Lauder and mac foundations . Although I do adore the nars lipsticks , when it comes to this foundation I will not buy again my bottle is in the bin because it made me look crap!!! Please don't buy it's expensive and not great coverage . Other foundations out there which are wort the money

on 11/19/2012 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

NARS Sheer Glow is my holy grail foundation. For reference I have combination skin. Firstly, the shade range is amazing: light to deep shades with varying undertones. For NC 42 I'd recommend the shade Syracuse and for NC 45 Cadiz. This foundation blends effortlessly and looks like skin. I find that since it is so blendable I can wear the same color almost all year round. It has a dewy finish so I'd recommend it to anyone who has dry or combo skin; if you have oily skin this foundation may not be for you but always try a sample and make sure to set it with powder. It has medium coverage but it is very buildable. Though a bit pricey, a little goes a long way. The lasting power is good and I only blot once every 4-6 hours. I set it with Ben Nye's Banana powder to make it last longer. My only complaint is that the bottle does not come with a pump, however, you can purchase the pump separately from the NARS website. The hassle of buying the pump separately is something I could live without. Otherwise, a great foundation and highly recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really nice foundation. I was kind of put off by the name because when it comes to foundation, 'glow' often means shiny. It's luminous but not shiny. It photographs really well. It doesn't look oily or dry; just healthy. Sheer Glow is pretty full coverage, so if you want something light I wouldn't go for this one. It's also what I consider nighttime and/or photography foundation. It's thick so it works well for a night out or a photoshoot. On me, it stays really well. I really like it, but it's not HG. I'd recommend it though!

on 11/18/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great foundation once you figure out how to use it properly! The first time I bought this foundation, I disregarded the insert. I was unhappy with the result and I returned it. After other failed attempts in trying to find a great foundation, I saw a review on this that said you have to follow the instructions. So I bought it again, read the insert and followed the instructions. WOW - what a difference!

Just one pump of foundation covered my whole face perfectly. Shake the bottle very well. Then, you HAVE to warm it up in the palm of your hand first until the consistency changes somewhat and press it gently into your skin, patting and pressing the entire face. I admit it takes more time than other foundations, but for going out at night, it is totally worth it. Once you have it patted into the skin, I use a foundation brush very lightly to blend any areas that still needed it. I had flawless coverage - even around the nose where my pores tend to be larger. I use chanel powder to set and NARS orgasm blush.

As for breaking out, the trick here is to really cleanse well after wearing it to make sure you get everything out of your pores. After using a good cleanser and rinsing, I go back over with my olay rotating face brush after washing it off with water and make sure everything is off and follow with toner.

I didn't give it a 5 because it is cumbersome to apply, but if you have the time, it is totally worth it. Price was on the expensive side. The 3 on the packaging quality is because it does not come with a pump. This can be purchased separately for about $7 and is reusable.

on 11/17/2012 6:01:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product but it was just not for me, despite being recommended for dry skin I always looked patchy with this foundation, and by the end of the day i look ill and tired (completely not the look im going for). When its first applied it looks ok, but by the end of the day it looks as though its completely come off. Also I have sensitive skin and it did break me out but if you are eager to try the product out and cant get hold of a sample perhaps try the DUPE for this which is the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation just to see if you like the finish.

Im shade Punjab in this which is perfect

Im tawny in Estee lauder and 4 natural in bobbie brown

on 11/16/2012 5:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have combo skin, but this doesn't make it appear any more oily. I actually like the shine it gives my cheeks without using highlighter, all I need to do is blot the t-zone and I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome. I recommended this product to a friend and she ended up purchasing one as well. I use to always purchase "matte" finish foundations such as MUFE Mat+, Chanel Mat Lumiere, and even the Nars Sheer Matte version, after awhile I found them to be too drying because of my combo skin. I prefer and will repurchase this product throughout the seasons. (P.S I use the Clairsonic Mia as apart of my a daily facial cleanser routine)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is definitely very sheer. It is also very dewy so you would need a translucent powder on top of it. I just felt this foundation made me look very pale and yellowy. I wasn't pleased with the consistency and i will not be purchasing this product ever again. If you want a good foundation, makeup forever hd foundation is the way to go.

on 11/12/2012 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I decided to buy this product as I have been hearing lots of good things about Nars. It is very sheer so if you want full coverage you would have to build it up. Anyways, it applies really well like silky and it doesn't feel like it clogs up my pores. The only problem is I suffer from eczema and have dry skin, as with most foundations, my dry skin is very noticeable, therefore, I suggest that if you do use this to make sure you have fully exfoliated and have moisturised as this isn't a moisturising foundation. Besides from that, I would definitely buy it again!

on 11/12/2012 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Deauville or Ceylan is pretty much a perfect winter color match for me. I'm naturally pretty pale with yellow/olive skin tones. It blends really well, and the finish is semi-matte on me. The SA at sephora recommended using my fingers, because it helps warm and blend the foundation. I usually use a flat top brush though, and I'll pat on extra foundation with my fingers where I have acne scars/discoloration. It's probably medium coverage, and builds pretty well.

It lasts all day, and I don't really need to set it with powder. I use a primer underneath. It does accentuate flakes a little. It's doesn't transfer on clothes, other stuff, even without powder. It also looks great in pictures.

Last winter, I used a mix of MUFE HD 117 and 120. The 117 was a little on the pale side, and the 120 was a little too dark for most of the winter. So far I'm liking Sheer Glow better because the finish is more natural in real life, and I don't need to mix shades. Also, the MUFE HD would look really bad on flakes, and even with powder, it'd still transfer.

I don't like the packaging. I wish it had a pump (apparently you can buy one.

on 11/10/2012 5:52:00 PM

I love love love this foundation. I have acne prone skin, which is semi-under control currently, but I have red acne spots that are taking a while to fade. This foundation covers up most of my acne spots while still not being too thick or mask-like. I feel like the luminescence of my skin is still able to shine through. Also, I've been using this foundation for a few months now and it hasn't made me break out. Awesome product! I will definitely repurchase despite the price ($42 at Sephora).