December 18, 2014 | 1137 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by jbwoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is amazing. I will absolutely keep buying. I have oily skin and I did try the matte version, however I found it a bit harder to rub in. I think both foundations control oil and last well, the sheer glow just has a dewier finish. It is meant to be applied with fingers so it is warmed up. And truly it's the best way to apply. I love the finish - the way it covers but looks natural and glowy. The best part is that it is the healthiest foundation I have ever tried for my skin; my skin has never been clearer and it has helped improve my skin over time like it claims. Like everyone else, I wish it came with a pump, but I can deal with it. One bottle lasts a long time. I'm still on my first bottle and I have been using it for almost 5 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by gaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been meaning to write a review on this for a while. This is a fantastic foundation, I'm Indian, dark-olive skin and my shade is stromboli. I'm a NW40 in Mac but would never go back to Mac foundations any more as Nars is my new HG. The shade match is perfect, its slightly on the yellow side and leaves my skin looking very natural. I don't wear any powder on top of this, I think the sheerness disappears if I did. Its just nice on its own, I use Mac Prep & Prime Face Protect Spf 50 (Great Primer + Sunblock for Oily/Combo skins) and then after 15 minutes, apply the foundation with my finger tips. The texture is very good and melts in to the skin, although its sheer its not at all oily, and gives an even finish with a dewy sheerness if you know what I mean! There's no spf in it, good in a way as my photographs look very natural. Nars sell a pump dispenser for £3.00 and its worth buying. I also love the Nars Orgasm blush :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

Returning this. I really wanted to like it but it just looks terrible on my dry skin and aged me about 10 years. Like the sheer matte, this clings to dry spots badly (forget about it if you have eczema) and looks cakey. I also found it creased and accentuated lines I didnt know I had. My skin also got oily quickly in the t zone, and this did not hold up throughout the day. I am not sure if this would work for someone with oily skin for more than a couple of hours. The formula is, however, very smooth and silky to the touch. Bottle is horrible..no pump, hard to get out. Dotting it on with a concealer brush would likely work best. Dries fast, so you have to blend quickly.

I prefer Mac Matchmaster to this....it is similar in texture/finish/coverage but looks much better.

I used Fiji which is too dark for my neutral/olive NC 20 skin. Would work on a solid NC 25 or a light NC 30 (shades i turn when i use self tanner). Ceylan would also be good for NC 30 and Punjab is on the dark side of NC 30. If I liked the formula, I would exchange for Deauville but I'm not going to use it again. Shade range if FANTASTIC if you like the formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I gave in to the hype and after 2 years of using up all the other foundations I had accumulated, I decided to give NARS sheer glow a try. Why did I wait this long? I can see now why so many sing it's praise. First off, I have combination skin, I do have hormonal breakouts but nothing major. The way I use this product is I put a bit, about the size of a dime in the back of my hand and I mix it with some MAC's strobe cream and then apply it to my face and blend with my beauty blender. It's amazing how long this lasts on me and what a coverage it has! I have been using it non-stop everyday for the past month and have not suffered breakouts at all. I live in Florida and it's blindingly hot here and humid and this foundation has lasted without melting off my face. Brilliant, found a new HG. For reference, I'm NW25 and I use NARS Barcelona. The only complaint I have is this stupid bottle, I wish it was either a squeeze bottle or you could buy the pump for it in Sephora, I was told in Sephora that this can only be bought online.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by eileen08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I totally love this foundation! It's not my HG, but, it has a great coverage despite being so light on your face you wouldn't feel it! I am rating it 4 because it has no sheer in it... I really wanted a more glowy foundation. I tried like all the foundations out there suitable for my dry skin and this looks the best on my face. But I still need to find another one with good coverage, lightness and a good amount of sheerness.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation has nothing ''glowy'' about it.I bought it because I wanted a foundation with good coverage that would give me a radiant look, while it has good coverage that's the only positive thing I can think about.It clings to every dry patches I may have so I really need to exfoliate well and moisturize like crazy.It looks kinda cakey and emphasizes my pores even when I sheer it out with my Beauty Blender.I'm combo oily and after 4 hours this foundation starts to melt down my face.It's way too expensive for what it does, plus I had to buy a pump separately which is like $8.I will not repurchase nor will I recommend because there are so many better foundations than this one out there !

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Dance41886

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, the finish is beautiful, the wear is excellent but it broke me out! I got a sample of this from the beauty store along with Lancome Teint Miracle and tried it out right away. It gives you that beautiful satiny, healthy skin look that I love, it wears beautifully and the color range is great. However, within a day I was breaking out! I was hoping it wasn't this foundation, and after I took a break I tried it out one more time just on my chin and the next day I had a breakout! I guess it's just proof that not everything works on everyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by mbtmom2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this as I wanted to buy into the hype that is NARS. However, for me this foundation was not that special. This foundation acts like Revlon Colorstay(normal/dry skin) on me. I can get the same kind of coverage and performance for around $9 a bottle versus $42. I was hoping for a WOW foundation and this is not it for me. It settled into pores and was dull on my skin. I'll keep looking for my HG....

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by jenren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on the fence about Sheer Glow. I wanted to have it because of all the RAVE reviews about it here and...everywhere. I do like it...sometimes. What I mean is, sometimes I put this on, and my skin looks amazing...it goes on sheer, looks natural, but makes my skin look healthy and luminous. Other times I apply this, and it enhances my dry patches and makes my skin look dull. Yes, DULL. I don't get it. So I have a love-hate relationship with this product. Would I buy it again? I don't know. At $60 CA., I can't see me picking this up again...the results are just too inconsistent.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by stephbnguyen

This is a rubbish foundation. After all the hype surrounding the product I thought I would try it. It is definitely not 'light' like everyone says it is. I find to be really thick and gluggy. It looks so heavy on, and emphasises dry areas and make its look super flakey (which I've never had a problem with previous foundations and I exfoliate every second day). Once I had applied this all over my face I wiped it off immediately, I would definitely rather go bare faced than wear this around.

Sticking to Chanel Vitalumerie and Giorgio Armani LSF instead!