October 25, 2014 | 1873 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After re-trying this foundation, I think I have to say that it's my HG. I've been on a huge foundation kick lately and have been fortunate enough to have found a few foundations that I really love, which is pretty rare for me. I tried this foundation a couple years ago and for whatever reason wasn't content with it. If I remember correctly, I think I just thought I couldn't find a color match. However, I recently visited a Sephora while I was in CO and wanted to give it another try. I saw that Gobi is actually a perfect match. I don't think I have any extra color from the sun right now so this might be my winter match. (I previously thought it was Siberia.) I went ahead and bought a bottle and I'm so glad I did. This foundation is nearly full-coverage for me as some mornings I haven't had to wear concealer under my eyes or on the redness around my nose, which is really impressive. It looks very even, but natural and with a hint of inner glow. I also have and love Lancome's Teint Miracle foundation and that gives a really beautiful glow and finish, but unfortunately it doesn't have as much staying power as this does. It also has a few ingredients in it that I'm not overly thrilled about (though it's never bothered my skin any). I love Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24h for an ultra long-lasting foundation. But for me, this is the perfect every-day foundation. It gets me through the workday and more without having to touch-up or powder. The only really negative thing I have to say about it (and teh reason I took off one lippie) is the packaging. First is the obvious - no pump. I think it's pretty ridiculous that a product that costs $42 doesn't come with one, and you have to pay even more to buy one separately. It can be very messy without one. The neck off the bottle gets product all over it. Worse than that though is the fact that my bottle had a defective cap. The large outer black cap would just turn around the smaller inner cap without grabbing. I took the outer cap off and saw that the top half of the inner cap was *broken off*. Because of the whole mess I ended up losing a fair amount of product, was left unable to seal the opening, and defintely couldn't carry the bottle around with me anywhere. For what it costs, that's not at all acceptable. When I tried the foundation before I noticed that fairly often I'd have that problem where the large cap spins around the inner cap and I'd have to remove it to get it open. For such an expensive foundation, the packaging should be MUCH better than it is. I'll be buying a pump this time around to avoid those problems. Fortunately I called the Sephora store I bought it from and the lady said she'd send out a replacement right away, which was awesome. I use either e.l.f.'s flat-top powder brush or the Sonia Kashuk flat-top brush (I think they call it a blush brush now?) to apply and both work wonderfully! Much better than applying with my fingers.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

I wasn't expecting full or medium coverage - it's a SHEER foundation.

However I was pleasantly surprised that it does provide enough coverage for some blemishes. The thing I love most about this is that it is SO SO easy to apply and blend, even a child could apply it for you and achieve great results! Also, I LOVE that it doesn't feel heavy and evens out my skin tone (I have a bit of pink in my cheeks). You would of course need to go in with concealer for any under-eye discolouring or noticeable blemishes.

As for the glow part, it does what says: I get a healthy, dewy look from this foundation. However because I don't like to draw attention to the curve of my nose and I tend to get shiny in my T-zone, I apply powder all over which tones down the "glow" but still looks fresh and not like I'm wearing a lot of make up. I like that kind of look as I'm only 19 and don't want to look too "done".

EDIT 12th Jan 2013: I have since discovered Stila Stay All Day foundation which IMHO is even better than this, as I love a velvety, almost-matte finish that still delivers a glow. So, one lippie off as the Sheer Glow is no longer my HG. Also, I have discovered that it oxidizes! Be careful guys!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by crabbyhascrabs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Pros-
Feels nice and light on the skin
Very easy to blend

Cons-
Makes my dry areas look so much worse
Very bad in photos, makes me look like a ghost
Doesn't come with a pump as standard and the lid has a matte coating on it which scrapes off easily and dirt sticks to it

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by carelovespink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this, I really did. At $55 CDN I expected a lot more. It caked like a mofo on my forehead, no matter how much exfoliating and moisturizing I did beforehand. Since it doesn't come with a pump, I found that I would end up wasting it because I would pour a bit too much on the back of my hand. I ended up exchanging it for MUFE face & body, which I'm loving!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by pammie0415

I do like this foundation but it just doesn't work very well with my skin. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone but dryness around my nose. This foundation tends to cling to the dry skin around my nose and it's not a pretty sight. I've tried different methods of applications, shaking the foundation before I apply, using a primer... you name it. It's generally not bad. If I use a primer before I apply, the outcome is much better. I also find that although Sheer Glow is meant for those with dry to combo skin, it doesn't really work that well with dry skin.
The color I use (Deauville) is a good color for those around NC/W 15-20 with neutral undertone. I do find that it runs more yellow than pink so it's better for those with neutral (warm leaning) skin. I have neutral cool skin so I prefer Diorskin Forever (neutral foundation but with more pink) over this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Before this i was using Bobbi Brown Skin foundation. I liked it and gave it a great review. It was like my skin but better. However, this foundations is like my skin but amazing. I don't know how it makes it glow but it just does and i don't question it. You have to be sure to properly exfoliate when using this because it will highlight any dry patches you may have. I didn't rate it a perfect score because of the lasting power. Its good and lasts the majority of the day but my BB skin was longer lasting. It says sheer glow but this is not sheer coverage. Its medium so all of my light acne scars are covered. It can look streaky but i learned its best applied with fingers and then i blend it with my beautyblender.

One thing i did not like about the foundations was the packaging. It has no pump and you are supposed to just pour some out. I bought the pump separately for an additional $6. but once you put the pump on the cap will no longer fit on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Ladylamb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used Nars Sheer Glow for the first time a week ago and I love it! It goes on my skin very nice and smooth, but you have to be a bit quick, because it will dry fast. I use my Sigma brush to blend it in quickly in circles. It covers up all kinds of stuff! I have a light brown freckly birth mark on my face, and some old acne scars and it makes my face look very even . The color ranges that Nars offer are excellent as well. My bottle actually came with a pump, so I didn't have any problems getting it out. Def recommend the pump. Love it. I will be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Kikilynn09

I'm towards the end of my first bottle and I'm in love. When applying my foundation, I also use concealer, powder and also setting powder. This foundation gives me medium, buildable coverage and although I've read a lot about it fadding or become blotchy, that hasn't happened to me yet and I wear this foundation through work, dance and nights out. Honestly, the price tag doesn't bother me too much because you do get what you pay for and I keep seeing amazing results. I don't have many blemishes, but I do have some scarring and this smooths out my skin perfectly. I was prepaired and when ordering this foundation on NARS, I made sure I bought the pump which relieved any agro. But, I would definitely recommend and I will keep repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by jennafoster

I tried so hard to like this product. I had read tons of amazing things about it, and was convinced to purchase because I do love a lot of NARS products. I purchased Barcelona, but none of the colours seemed perfect for my skin tone. When I first started to use it, I really loved it, but slowly started to notice that all of my papers at school were dotted with little orange fingerprints from MY FACE! I set my makeup and this would get oily and slick off my face, would make my barely oily t-zone look like a freakin mirror by the end of the day. If you are just going out for a couple hours at night, it can work for that but if you want long wear, it doesn't work at all. I now use DiorNude and I am a huge fan of it. Stay away from this foundation ladies!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by xoPaperPlanes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

S T A Y----------------------------------------------------------------- A W AY
it irritated the sh*t out of my skin and i always thought i had rosacea or flushed easily. it was this foundation. my skin is not sensitive.
it goes on cakey and matte and turns my face into an orange oil slick with bulletholes for pores by the end of the day. the colors are horrible. the sheer matte is even worse. goes on in pieces and doesnt even cover anything. and i mean anything.
i paid 62 dollars for this in canada.
ive been using the loreal magic smooth souffle in the lightest shade and it is truly amazing and is less than A THIRD of the price.
my skin has never looked better since i stopped using this.
i feel like its made out of bleach and i dont even have sensitive skin!