NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 4/20/2013 12:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After years of hearing about this product I finally caved and purchased it several days ago. I had a good deal of trouble finding a shade match, since I'm light/medium and very pink and most of the shades seem to lean yellow, but I settled on Sante Fe. It's still a little peachier than I'd like, but overall it works. I have applied this with both a flat top kabuki and a beauty blender, and I think I prefer the beauty blender, but either way looks lovely. It's radiant without being glittery (Revlon Photo Ready) or too glowy (YSL Le Touche Eclat). The finish is similar to Stila's Illuminating BB Cream or Urban Decay Naked Foundation. Set with a powder it lasted all day and did not seem to highlight any less than ideal patches on my post breakout skin. The packaging though, ugh. The packaging is probably the only reason I won't repurchase. We all know and hate that matte NARS packing that picks up fingerprints instantly, but I'm willing to overlook that. I just don't understand why there's no pump! It's unhygienic, difficult to use, and wastes TONS of product. If I'm already paying this much for a foundation I shouldn't have to also purchase a pump (which the cap won't even fit over)! Come on NARS, even Revlon has pumps!

on 4/20/2013 12:17:00 PM

I bought Nars Sheer Glow Foundation about 2-3 months ago. For years I have had problems of finding a foundation that matches to my skin tone. When I tries this foundation it was a perfect mach (Light 4). It has a matte finish, definitely buildable . It's a HG foundation for me. I will definitely repurchase this product. However, the packaging sucks because it does not come with a pump so you end up with too much of the product sometimes and the price is a little bit high. Overall, it is a very good foundation for oily- combination skin. It doesn't sit on my pores or get patchy. I would recommend this foundation %100.

on 4/20/2013 4:42:00 AM

Absolutely amazing foundation, long lasting, gives an amazing finish, disappears evenly from your face. However, it is neither sheer nor glowing on me, but this is what I like. The coverage is a good medium and build-able so you can you it in day time and for a night out. I have very yellowy skin tone, but pretty light at the same time. I am NC20 in MAC and I wear Light 6 from NARS. My skin is a little dry so I need to apply my moisturiser right before the foundation. LOVE IT. Finally found my HG! (I used all possible foundation, YSL, MUFE, Chanel, Laura Mercier, Dior, Armani, MAC, everything) but couldn't find the perfect one until now!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation during the summer and I was excited to try it, but after using it for just a couple weeks, it gave me the worst breakouts of my life. Huge clumps of pimples all over my face. Also the foundation would get really oily and slide off of my face. Would never buy again.

on 4/17/2013 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have found my HG foundation, and Nars Sheer Glow is IT! Absolutely amazing. Flawless coverage and the most natural skin-like finish. I have to admit, when I ordered this foundation, I expected it to make my face look dewy. It actually leaves a kind of matte finish, BUT, it still leaves the most gorgeous glow on my face. Most matte foundations are very flat, masky and not at all flattering on faces with fine lines. This foundation makes me look radiant without the dewy look I thought I needed to look fresh and youthful. I don't know how Nars did it but this foundation is pure genius!

on 4/17/2013 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My skin gets dry especially on the cheeks and eye area. I have this in GOBI. I've tried various brands (Estee Lauder, IPSA, Revlon, RMK, Giorgio Armani) and none of them really suited my skin tone 100% and this one did. It always is great on dry skin and doesn't feel caked on. Had been using Giorgio Armani foundation (have tried all of except maestro and the colors were never quite right with me despite their great texture).
This is equivalent to RMK cream foundation and I left that brand in search of something better..)

on 4/13/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have a medium skin complexion, typically normal skin. This product is my holy grail makeup item! I absoloutley love it! I am in the shade Barcelona (MAC NC40) It has really good coverage eventhough it's suppose to be sheer. However I think you need to have good, clear natural skin for the best results. A little bit of product really goes a long way. Only down side I would say is application, I wish it came with a pump. You can buy it separately but that means you can't put the lid back on it. I am completely out and need to stock up! Highly recommended!

on 4/11/2013 7:30:00 AM

I am just putting my makeup on now and I reached for my Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in shade Gobi, I love this product that much I decided that I need to write a review before I carry on with the rest of my makeup! I had a bit of a hard time getting this foundation as the nearest place to me that stocks it is in Manchester which is 40 minutes away and when I got to the store I was planning to buy it from (in the Trafford Centre) my colour was out of stock. The girl behind the counter was helpful but more interested in a sale though.. she tried telling me I am another colour and this was without doing any colour matches or anything, she also went for one with a more pink tone and I know I am yellow toned regardless to how pale I am (because I don't like tanning) but I stuck to my guns and asked her to find another store that has it in stock which ended up being Selfridges in Manchester City Centre. I told the woman there about my encounter with the other Nars makeup artist and she seemed pretty shocked. From then on my treatment was PERFECT, she wiped some of my makeup off and picked 4 of the closest matches to my skin and we sat and blended them in until a mutual agreement on the best match which was to my surprise the one I had matched myself with in the first place lol. I wore this foundation to one of my photo shoots yesterday and I am really happy with how natural and flawless my skins looks and that's without any touch ups on computer, it's all just makeup and lighting.

on 4/10/2013 6:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Overall, I like this foundation, but I'm not sure it's a HG for me. I really like the buildable coverage of the foundation, that it's lightweight and dewy without being greasy on my oily skin. I don't really like that it seems to cling to any sort of dry spot. As for color match, I'm very fair with pink undertones: Mont Blanc is definitely too dark for me, and while Siberia is the right shade, it seems to lean a little yellow on me.

on 4/9/2013 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

FIRST IMPRESSIONS...
I REALLY LIKE THIS FOUNDATION! I WEAR THIS IN CEYLAN WHICH MATCHES GREAT WITH MY SKIN. ITS SMOOTH, PERFECTS MY SKIN, NOT CAKEY. PERFECT. I WOULDNT SAY ITS THAT GLOWY, I WOULD SAY SEMI MATTE BUT THATS WHAT I LOVE. I HAVE COMBINATION SKIN AND THIS STILL WORKS GREAT, I DO NOT USE A PRIMER.
WILL REPORT BACK IF MY OPINION CHANGES, SO STAY TUNED.

This is OFFICIALLY my HG foundation its so gorgeous. I purchased in Ceylan and Sanya Fe. Santa fe being the best shade for me. I love it! I team with deep throat for a natural flush

Video Reviews & Tutorials