November 28, 2014 | 1876 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

this is the 4th full sized department store foundation I KEPT. I buy so MANY high end foundations from chanel to MAC and ended up keeping only my favs; MAC studio fix fluid/Dior Airflash/LM Silk creme/ now THIS! i am usually NC25-30 and the shade FIJI suits me well.. gives my skin tone a nice healthy color.. BLENDS STUPENDOUSLY! FLAWLESS finish. hides it all while not being considered a FULL coverage foundation.. SO when people ask what im wearing i can just say a sheer foundation. BUT i was quite surprised of the coverage it gave cause it is a sheer glow.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I paid $99 AUS for this foundation and it ended up in the bin after three uses. My skin just did not like it, I broke out within hours. I let my skin rest for a week, tried it again, and again - horrible break-out. The colour oxidised on me and turned a horrible dark orange yellow on my face, even with a good primer. Really bad experience.. it put me off Nars for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Cindy105

This foundation is my HG! And I do not have very many HG products. I'm constantly switching around, looking for something better. I've tried many, many foundations in my lifetime (MAC Studio Fix Fluid, MUFE HD, MUFE Face & Body, Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, etc.) and this is the best. The reason why I like it so much is because it gives great coverage while still looking natural (very rare) and it has staying power! My t-zone is extremely oily and by the end of the day, my foundation usually has slid off or lord knows where it goes. My skin also ends up looking super shiny near the end of the work day. If I am going somewhere after work, I'll usually have to reapply, but not with Nars Sheer Glow. I look in the mirror at 6pm and it still looks the same as when I applied it in the morning. I'll use blotting sheets and I'll see oil that comes off on the sheets, but yet I don't see it on my face. So strange. But I won't question it.

When I first bought this foundation, I applied it with my fingers and I hated it! It looked heavy and cakey. Then I learned to apply it with a damp Beauty Blender and it is sooooo beautiful. I just dab the foundation around my face and then start blending. I think the damp Beauty Blender helps to deposit the product in a sheer layer, then if you need more coverage you can do it again but I find that one layer is enough for me. The finish is satin so I don't need to powder my face. The satin finish gives it the look of skin, not too matte and not too shiny. If you're thinking of buying this, I'd recommend getting a sample first and practicing the application of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by staylor7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I own this in Punjab. I am an NC 35 and next time I think I may go a shade darker. Some days this color is perfect and somedays I feel like I need just a little more. After playing with different foundations it is my opinion, with foundations you get what you pay for. I have tried Revlons colorstay, and its nice, but the quality of NARS is a whole lot nicer. I use the Sephora airbrush foundation brush to apply this, and only takes about 2 small drops in my hand to cover my whole face. So while expensive, it is gonna last awhile, which works for me. I am ablle to get light coverage (how ever this foundation is very buildable so you can totally get full coverage out of this) and with my brush get an airbrushed finish. I do really like this and think I will be repurchasing when ever the time comes, bc it does give me a nice dewy finish on my combo maturing skin. I'm not sure yet if this is my HG, but still it is very nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to Sephora with the intent of purchasing the new Lancome Teint Idole 24 hr foundation. I'd heard so much about this product, fabulous coverage, etc. I couldn't find a shade that didn't look ghastly white on my fair skin. I am fair and typically use porcelain shades but couldn't find anything that really worked with my skin tone. I ended up picking up Mont Blanc from the Nars Shee Glow line. I like it. Decent coverage. I will say that comparisons to Neutrogena Healthy Skin aren't warranted. That product made my skin feel taught and dry. This doesn't. I do wish the dispenser came with a pump and it was a tad more neutral. Not a bad chose if you are shopping for a foundation with moderate coverage and no SPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my 2nd favorite foundation, after Guerlain Lingerie de Peau. I love how natural and flawless it makes my skin looks. The foundation itself is water-based so it's pretty thin, but it blends perfectly and feels like nothing. It doesn't make my skin shiny or too dewy. It's medium coverage and I only need a tiny amount to cover my whole face. A plus: it does not oxidize! My only complaints are that there is no pump for the bottle (you have to buy it seperately if you want it) and that the colors are mostly yellow-based. I have a neutral to cool undertone so my matched shade Ceylan, is a bit too yellow but I can deal with it. Used with NARS Loose powder, and your skin will look flawless! Those with more oily skin should try the Matte version.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not the best foundation for my oily t-zone but I fall for the finish every time. As long as I blot occasionally, I maintain a dewy glow. It provides the perfect amount of coverage and is best applied with a beauty blender.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was not the best foundation I have ever tried. It didn't apply as easily as I am used to with my others. It also felt and looked quite heavy on my skin, I am very fussy, and I want my foundation to look like skin. This one did not look like skin enough for me.
The little doesn't have a pump, you have to tip it onto your hand. Awkward and wasteful.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by lucypotamus

I have oily skin and I am NC15, and I am in the shade 'Mont Blanc". I think this is a really great foundation for people with dry/normal skin, as after only 2 hours of wear my face was an oily mess! It also made me break out along my jawline, which I was really surprised at as I've heard such great things! Overall, a good product, but just not for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I didn't like this foundation. I looked very made up, it emphasized dry patches, it faded quickly. I've used fingers, Beauty Blender and a Sigma F80 to apply it, but I was never really satisfied. You really have to use trial and error in methods of application with this one (Beauty Blender is the most pleasant). However, unless you have flawless and impossibly smooth skin, it will emphasize every flaw on your face. The oil control is surprisingly low for a product that is pretty matte.
It is easy to over-apply this and look cakey, in fact I wouldn't recommend it to you unless you have really nice skin... but if you had nice skin, why would you need a product with such high coverage?
Make sure to exfoliate your face too, because it emphasized places on my face that I didn't even know had a dry texture.
Annoying how it doesn't come with a pump, but I just shake the bottle well and dip my Beauty Blender on the air bubble that has formed at the neck of the bottle.
The worst foundation I've tried. Drugstore has better.