January 31, 2015 | 938 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by chloeanne7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Contrary to the name "Sheer Glow" this is excellent for oily skin like my own.

I actually got the Sheer Matte too and I like this much better, I did half my face in the Matte and half my face in Glow and the glow is much better, goes on silky and even where as the Matte just sits weird on my skin and wont blend in.

I thought the Matte was ok till I compared it to this and this is much better.

It is actually more matte finish then a luminous dewy finish the "glow" would suggest. I find this is perfect for my oily skin.

You must wear this with a primer, when worn without it sinks into my pores and you can see the little dots where it has done so. I actually use Dr Brant Pore Refiner as a primer and it works very well. Combined they keep me matte all day.

Love this foundation and will buy again. I feel it looks so natural just like my skin but flawless which is what I like! I don't want to look like I'm wearing foundation!

Also worth mentioning it is clay based so apparently good to apply with your fingers which is how I have used it but am keen to try with a brush and see what happens.

I gave four stars because the packaging is horrible! Glass bottle with no pump :(, you can buy the pump separate (which I have done) but was an extra $20 or so. Without the pump you waste so much! I guess the ok thing is you can reuse the pump on your next bottle and so on. Also the glass bottle means a) you can't squeeze or cut the last of the product out b) one drop and there goes your expensive foundation. Pull your head in nars and get some decent packaging!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by marjetic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought as it's recommended on Beautypedia (I actually trust the reviews on there as every single product with a tick worked a treat for me) and because my usual foundation (Bobbi Brown Moisturizing Compact) has been discontinued. I love this, I have dry skin and this doesn't make my skin patchy. For the first time, I can actually put foundation under my eyes (major dark circles) and it doesn't accentuate my wrinkes. My shade is Punjab, Bobbi Brown Natural, MAC NC30.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by CiaraAinsley

I can't really give a full review of this because of two MAJOR issues-

-I couldn't find a good match because of the sub par color range.
-It looked cakey, scaley, flakey, and all around disgusting.

Besides those huuuuuge problems,

-the name is deceiving. This is not for people with normal, dry, or combination skin. This is for people with oily skin. This is a matte foundation.
-the coverage was medium-full and buildable.
-it's pricey, but I'm willing to invest in a foundation, personally.
-was patchy and oxidized after a few hours.

Bottom line- I had a very negative experience with this foundation, but if you have oily skin this might work very well for you! Foundation is a very personal thing- this foundation just didn't work for me and probably wouldn't work for other people with dry or combination skin. I thought this was very similar to Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation, so if you like this I would recommend that! If you hated Colorstay you'll hate this too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely the best foundation I've tried so far.
Nothing else compares.

I'm a MAC NC35 and I have this in Barcelona.
the color is a bit too dark, so I guess a better match would be Stromboli.

The only problem I have with this foundation is the packaging.
the lid gets dirty very easily (conventional NARS rubbery packaging) and it does NOT have a pump.
You have to buy a pump separately for $6 which is ridiculous.
The foundation itself is very pricey ..why should I pay an extra 6 bucks for a pump?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by ElektraS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation last year when I was in Paris.
I got matched to the shade Mont Blanc at sephora, OMG I have never EVER found a foundation that have matched mmy skin colour so well. I am cool toned but still not extremley pink...I find that many cool-toned drugstore foundations, fit me n.115 for example are too pink and dark...mont blanc are just perfectly cool toned and very pale. It is the perfect winter shade.
I love the finish, it looks amazing when u apply it. The only problem I have with it is the staying power... I have not tried to set it with powder though...maybe it would make the staying power better.

The shade mont blanc goes so well together with the Becca shimmering skin perfector in pearl! <3

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Moopeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Ah Nars Sheer Glow, If only my skin had a great texture, you would look lovely.

My Skin and Expectations
I wanted medium coverage in a foundation that matched my olive/golden undertones. I wanted an even skintone and to hide some of my scars. I wanted it to last 8 hours with powder. My skin is recovering from acne, I have weird hormones, so it's very oily in some places and very dry in others. I have surface dehydration but I exfoliate regularly. Because I get breakouts occasionally, when the breakout heals, there's dry skin where the cyst was (my cysts are deep and can be painful, I use a 3rd gen retinoid/BP product to get deep in the skin and clean out the cyst). When I exfoliate (chemically or physically) I look like I have smooth skin.

Cons: This didn't look natural on me. It created dry flakes out of no where, Even when I warmed it up and used my fingers, it just didn't look nice. It made m blackheads look huge and after a few hours my monster pores looked AWFUL. Now my skin isn't great and is a work in progress, but despite wearing it very very sheerly, or over primer, I just could not get this to work. It caked on breakouts, it highlighted flakes, it even highlighted my baby hairs all over my face. With powder it would stay on for hours, without, oh goodness.

Pros
I bought this before my skin became awful, before the pores, the acne, before the flakes, and this looked lovely on me. Barcelona is too peachy but the perfect nc40 depth.

Packaging

There is no pump. Hello Bacteria. The Glass Bottle is durable and heavy though, it's very pretty.

Would I buy this again?

No, I require a lot more from a foundation, this just didn't deliver.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by LolaLovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading many "glowing" reviews of this product, I decided to give it a shot. A sales associate matched me as Mont Blanc and gave me a sample. When I first applied it in the morning at 8am (over Lorac's AquaPrime) and set it with Cargo's HD pressed powder, it looked amazing. Illuminated with a glow that was truly sheer at first, my face looked healthy and revitalized. However, when I looked in the mirror two hours later, I was horrified--my glow had metamorphosed into a greasy mess. I delicately used blotting sheets, which partially remedied the situation, but I noticed that the foundation was not staying on too well--it had creased into my laugh lines and I had strange lines on my forehead--which I have never experienced. The strangest thing happened once I reached the evening--my fiance, which a scared look on his face, asked if I was feeling alright because my face looked green. I looked in a mirror myself, and found it to be true--the light reflectors in the foundation were causing my face to appear green. I washed the foundation off, and swore it off. Perhaps individuals who use a darker shade will not experience this last situation. However, I do not feel that this is a suitable foundation for those with combo or oily skin, for it seems to overmoisturize. Additionally, I found that it emphasized my dark spots. If you are on the fence about this one, get a sample first before shelling out the big bucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by dmastra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so excited for this foundation. I'm a fan of nars blush and I felt they are well established with their makeup tht it would be a good idea to finally try out the foundation. I'm a huge fan of liquid foundation, I love the smooth, clear finish of liquid foundations. For reference I'm 23, am an esthetician so my skin is pretty clear overall, sometimes I do get some blemishes on my cheeks. This foundation is well with coverage. It is build able ...

What makes me upset was that I spent 42 dollars on a foundation that makes my face extremely shiny after 3 hours. It melts off even when the weather isn't that hot. The color I have is Barcelona. I got Barcelona because I'm tan in the summer and it's a good choice a little bit darker but makes you look orange of you don't wipe with a paper towel or tissue. Overall huge disappointment

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by littlestarface

This foundation is very expensive, and bare in my mind if I'm spending the amount I did for this on a foundation I expect a pretty great foundation.
This was not a good foundation.
For a start, I was matched by one of the girls who worked at the Nars counter. I didn't realise until I started using the foundation the next week how off she was. The colour was way too light and made me look like a ghost. I have an asian/olive skin tone.
It lasted about 5 hours with a primer.
It's very expensive! I paid £29.50 for it.
I have combination skin - more to the oily/shiny side, especially my t-zone, in photos my face looks like it's sweating and this did nothing to help that. I understand that the sheer matte may have helped with that, however I have dry patches on my cheeks so was advised against buying that by the Nars girl.
Overall, not happy at all with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kitajenn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin, but Sheer Glow works a lot better for my skin than Sheer Matte. (Something in the Sheer Matte formula irritated my skin.) I have to mix the two lightest shades to get a good color match, but besides that minor annoyance, this is my go-to foundation for the warmer months. It doesn't break me out, doesn't oxidize and doesn't look fake or heavy.