eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

on 6/6/2012 2:11:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this. Like others here I wanted to love the Summer Fruit flavored one, with its cute shape and bright coral color, but it smells terrible, like rancid sweat (sorry for the graphic description!) and nothing REMOTELY like fruit. On the plus side, I got the green Honeysuckle one and love it! We seem to have only three flavors here in Canada (as usual, everything we get seems to be limited, especially if it started out in the States), the Summer Fruit, the Honeysuckle, and the Sweet Mint which sounds nice but kind of boring. Anyway I still love my Lip Smackers and I'm not paranoid about ingredients, I just care about 1) does it work? and 2) does it taste/smell good? Parabens, sodium laureth sulphate, propyl whatever--it's lip balm, people--don't think anyone ever died from it!!!

I was instantly drawn to the packaging of the product. They are cute, colorful and fun to pull out of a purse. I have had the red summerfuit and the yellow lemon scented balms. After using this product sporadically for a while, I stopped. My friend told me she had thrown hers out because she felt they dried her lips out. I thought she was mistaken and didn't think anything of it. A couple weeks ago, I pulled one of mine out of a drawer and started using it again consistently. Sure enough, my lips have never felt drier. And I was not using it more than three times a day (in other words, it was not a case of overuse). The last straw came when I put it on overnight and woke up with swollen, cracked lips. I have never had an allergy to any lip product, and I have many and have worn chapsticks, lipsticks and lip glosses for years. Some people may not have a problem with it, but if you do, you are not alone. After reading some sites online, I found that this is not an isolated incident. I even read that they contain dehp. Mine is definitely staying in the trash!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

When I saw this at Ulta, I knew I had to have it. The packaging was so cute! Overall, I am really disappointed in this product. I found that it didn't leave my lips smooth, but instead, dry. Its hard to apply if your lips aren't moist, it wont glide across like expected. All in all, I would not buy this again.

on 5/29/2012 10:21:00 AM

purchased the sweet mint one, loved it!
purchased this one - either I got a bad one or it simply doesn't smell nice at all :(

on 5/28/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have about 4 of these in my apartment at various areas. I bought them initially because they were so cute and because of all the great reviews. For me,these just don't do the trick to moisturize my lips very well. For a few minutes they are moisturized, and then I need to reapply every 10 mins. I have since bought new lip balms of different brands that work better for my extremely dry and peely lips. These are very cute, I'll admit that, but that's pretty much it. They also smell pretty nice (I have summer fruit, melon, strawberry and a fruity purple one).

on 5/28/2012 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The packaging is cute, but it really did nothing to my lips. I think it was even drying my lips.

on 5/28/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

i have to say, i love the packaging of eos lipbalms, its so unique and fun, theres nothing else like this out there! i first thought this lipbalm was amazing for my lips, it felt so smooth for the first 20 minutes or so. BUT it dries so quick, leaving my lips more chapped then they were! if you continuously re-apply it, it feels alright. while others may find this scent really artificial, i find it really summery and yummy and it doesnt bother me at all.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I'm a fan of this for 2-3 years now. Why? Well simply because I think its the best lip treatment/ lip balm ever! Yes it is waxy but that is a good thing(to me) how often do you find a lip balm that stays on forever?

(__ For those who are experiencing the problem of peeling lips, its because you lips are getting conditioned and it is renewing your lips,it is getting rid of the unwanted dead, dry skin__ TIP: Do not pick and peel at your lips! it can cause bleeding, inflamation, and nasty painful cracked lips... If you have used this and this has happened, simply gently exfoliate your lips, after you have had a shower, with some brown sugar and honey, or a warm wet towel, and rub over your lips___)

I use this lip balm only at night as a treatment, I tend not to use it when I'm out because I like to eat and drink, and I don't want to be tasting waxy-sweet lip balm lol or when I'm kissing my partner I don't want him trying to eat my face because its sweet and smells nice lol

on 5/26/2012 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging of this product actually got me to buy this rather than the product itself. The smell is AMAZING. It smells like those candy peach rings:) When I put it on I was amazed. My lips were so smooth! However, a couple hours later my lips started peeling. So I reapplied a couple more times throughout the week. This lip balm has left my lips bleeding and NOT smooth. I will not repurchase this ever again:(

on 5/24/2012 11:55:00 PM

Smells so good and tastes about the same too!
Price: ~$4 USD
Pkg: egg-shaped, coral
Scent: pineapple, orange, sweetness, hint of floral
It hydrates for hours and helps my lipsticks and lip glosses glide on. And the scent is so strong that I can smell it for hours. Def trying out the tangerine and honeysuckle

Popular Lip Treatments

Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08

Top Rated Lip Treatments