Lancome Lancome Juicy Tubes

3.5

BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS OIL / CASTOR SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL DIMER, DILINOLEATE, SUCROSE ACETATE ISOBUTYRATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, LINALOOL, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CALCIUM SULFATE, SODIUM SACCHARIN, SILICA, LIMONENE, CITRAL, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Juicy Tubes are great! But they are a little pricey in my opinion. They offer many shades and types so its a good little splurge if you want to treat yourself to something nice.

on 4/1/2007 10:42:00 AM

I LOVE Juicy Tubes
(I think I am somewhat obsessed with this ultra-shiny little masterpieces :))

The gloss comes in a generous 15 ml tube with a slanted tip applicator. The texture is thich and "syrup like" (makes the staying power superb) so if you dont like a little stickiness in your gloss then stay away from these little babies.

Over the years, I have had 19 Juicy Tubes (Sweet So Young (sheer watermelon pink), Groiselle (sheer berry pink), Lemon Sugar (yellow in the tube, transclude on the lips), Honey Violet (sheer berry/mauve w. gold shimmer), Simmer (pigmented light peachy/rose), Pink Horizon (pigmented light rosey/mauve), Manihi (sheer golden caramel) , Magic Spell (sheer berry), Midsummer Eve (light peachyrose in the tube, transclude on the lips), Tahuata (sheer burnt orange), Tickled Pink (pigmented rosey/mauve), Bolole (sheer orange/red), Bonfire (medium pigmented orange), Gold Escapade (sheer golden brown), Chilled (pigmented natural rosey brown), Touched By Light (sheer golden), Raspberry Ice (sheer watermelon pink w. glitter), Iced Cranberry (sheer red w. glitter), Fraise (sheer berry) ---- Ummm.. Okey... As you can see Im REALLY into JTs ;) )
I like the fact that many JTs isnt all that pigmented because I find it difficult for me to wear anything else but sheer coverage (I have really unpigmented lips and lipglosses that looks just like a little stain on someone with pigmented lips looks way too much on me). But of course there is pigmented JTs out there as well (like Beach Plum, Ablaze, Raisin, Lollipop, Energizing Melon, Coral Rush, Sun Bronze etc) for you lucky ones who can pull them off :)
My all-time favourite of all JTs I have own is "Manihi" which smells exactly like Nutella (YUMMY!) and gives a warm golden glow too the lips.
continued >>

on 3/28/2007 5:30:00 PM

I drifted away from using these as they were all the raves once then I came back and I'm glad I did. I got tired of being unsatisfied with slick and runny glosses that seem to slide off my lips in about 5 minutes. I tried the L'oreal Colorjuice which is a similar idea but those have a plastic like smell and flavor. Plus the fact that these are fruity scented and flavored is a desire. These are sticky but stay on longer and not a problem if you have short hair. They come in assorted colors which I like-some have shimmer or sparkle some do not. My VS Beauty glosses, that I also like, seem to have a similar sticky texture and come in flavors too. So if you have and like the VS Beauty glosses try these. These are more expensive being a department store brand but c'mon you deserve a splurge! The best time to buy these are with a GWP. I plan on buying more of these from now on.

on 3/28/2007 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I gave in to all the hype and bought two of these some years ago, and it was a bit of a waste. Like others have said, it is really sticky, my hair keeps getting stuck to it; and there is not nearly enough pigment in it for women of colour who have darker lips. I can only wear it over lipstick. I mean, they look clear on me-I'd be better off buying a cheaper gloss if all I wanted was the shine, which is all I get. Maybe if you're very pale or don't care for colour, but otherwise save your money.

This gloss is very very shiny and smells great, but i didn't like wearing it because it is SO STICKY! It's like glue, and i really wouldn't reccomend wearing it in windy weather unless you want all your hair stuck to your mouth all day.

on 3/19/2007 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Looks great on the lips and comes in nice colors. However, it's so sticky it's just miserable to wear. I can't keep my hair from sticking to it. Awful!

on 3/17/2007 9:09:00 PM

ehh. I can't wear by itself - I have to put lip balm unnderneath. It looks so pretty and expensive, just lovely packaging. some glosses are sheer but lollipop is very pigmented (pink for 1 application or 80's pink after many layers). Some of the glosses are very shiny while others are not. They stay on due to the sticky texture or they stain ur lips like lollipop does. I will buy again if I'm in an expensive snobby mood.

on 3/17/2007 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i HATE this stuff - wayyyy too sticky gooey messy blech! and the "color" - it just looks like clear gloss on me. i don't even know where the tube is, don't miss it a bit. give me blistex sleek n' shine ($3) or co bigelow mentha lip shine ($7.50) anyday.

Tried a couple: far too sticky, far too sheer. Now Star Gloss; there's the stuff- why that's not LOTS more popular I don't know...

nice color, love the fruity scent n flavor, doesn't feel heavy or too sticky, has a nice shine. one lippy off for the packaging tho. i wish it comes with a wand/brush applicator.

Popular Lip Glosses