Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 9/13/2010 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After reading many reviews of this, my new stylist recommended it for my dry, thick, coarse, naturally curly hair. I love it! I use a lot (about the size of a silver dollar), but it really calms frizz and gives my hair definition and control. Using the littlest bit midday restores shine, bounce and control. The texture is very light and even though itís oil it doesnít feel greasy in my hair and it really calms frizz (even in the humid South). The scent is nice too, the same as a bottle of natural vanilla extract (not the synthetic vanilla scent). I apply Pantene Beautiful Lengths Smoothing Balm (when I have time) and Davines Momo Love Moisturizing Curl Enhancing Serum afterwards and my curls are gorgeous all day long! They are defined and soft. This is exactly what Iíve always been searching for in hair care products! I am addicted to this oil. I will never go without it! The only downside is the packaging: the glass bottle is very impractical.

on 9/9/2010 3:54:00 PM

I have been using moroccan oil for a couple of years . I use about a dime size in my damp hair. I not only color my hair ,but straighten my hair, or curl it.I rarely use a blow dryer. My hair is very healthy without dry ends , I feel this product is a huge contributor to how healthy it is , I will continue to use this!

After reading a few other reviews on this page, I would advise those with fine hair to buy the Moroccan Oil Lite formula. I had been using the regular formula for the past couple of years (a hair guru/stylist suggested it and I've seen it recommended in every magazine out there) and it was a little bit heavy to me. I have thick hair that's sort of fine and tends to be wavy. This product does make a huge difference, but it's not going to keep your hair from getting a little wavy in high humidity.
I wash, blow dry, and sometimes flat-iron my high-lighted hair every day. This keeps it from showing damage and keeps it soft and pretty while making it easier to style.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay, I'm sorry to burst all the lover's of this product's bubble, but it did not seem to work so great for me. I barely used a pea size amount, just to try it out, and the areas where I put it - AKA most of my hair - were very greasy to the touch and seemed almost like gel was in my hair. I have straight, and very very thick hair, so I don't know if that's a problem or whatever. It did, however, make my hair LOOK smoother, but it definitely still felt greasy when I barely used any. The smell reminds me of incense, but fades quickly so as not to be a bother. I know that I can achieve the same shine and shimmer with other products - I have before. I was just excited to try this as there was plenty of hype about it. I feel as though it could be better - sorry to be the only one to not be a fan.

on 9/2/2010 5:45:00 PM

I Love Morrocan Oil, + shampoo and Conditioner. I have coloured medium texture hair. Have just gone away from full head blonde, so very damaged hair. This product is like magic. You apply to towel dried hair and blowave it in, which is fanstastic. Sometimes i put a very small amount in to dry hair(between blowaves). Because it is a dry oil you can use on all hair textures. It won't feel oily just soft and silky. If it feels too soft you can also use another product for volume and texture before you dry your hair. LOVE IT. Will buy again and again!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Moroccan Oil!

on 9/1/2010 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This product is amazing. I have long, thick, wavy hair that is colored and gets daily heat damage from blow drying and straightening. I put about a quarter size drop into my palms, rub them together than through my towel dried hair, staying on the bottom half and focusing on my ends. Then I style as usual. My hair has never been softer and I've noticed fewer fly-aways and frizz (this doesn't get rid of them completely, but def. makes a HUGE difference).

The price is a little steep and I took off a lippie for that and the packaging, which isn't great. You have to pour the product out of the bottle which means you may get more than you need and the bottle is glass, so not easy to travel with and you better not drop it.

I'd also like to point out that sense this really softens my hair, using cheaper shampoos and conditioners seems to be ok. But I've only been using this 2 weeks, so we'll see in the longer term if that combo still works ok.

I would recommend this product to people with thicker, dry hair. People with fine hair will probably find this product too thick and may leave their hair greasy.

This is an amazing product. It is worth every penny!! I process my hair in every way possible. I get it colored and/or highlighted every 3-4 months. I blow dry my hair, straighten it, and/or curl it each day. With this product, my hair looks so much shinier, feels so much smoother, appears so much sleeker, and makes it healthier. It looks good and works great for the health of my hair. Even on an off day, when I don't style my hair, if I jump out of the shower and towel-dry my hair, this product keeps it from becoming frizzy while air-drying. In fact, it still feels silky and look shiny. I also have the styling cream and I love it. As soon as I finish my shampoo and conditioner, I'm planning to buy the Moroccan shampoo and conditioner as well!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a good product for some people, but as for me, i already have fine hair, so this does not do much for my hair as i can find some cheap alternatives for my hair.
also, i HATE the bottle, i always get too much out and have to pour some back in, pretty insanitary if you ask me.

on 8/30/2010 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this. Thank goodness I only bought the small bottle. It's expensive and did not do much, if anything for my very thick, course, curly, wavy, dry hair. It didn't hurt anything; it just didn't help. I will say one thing - it does "sink in" so much so that you cannot even tell you put anything on your hair. I noticed no extra shine or really any imporvements at all. The smell is weird - kinda like incense - but I will say it wears off quickly. Save your money - I think this is just a gimmick.