Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oooh love!
This is so nice!
It makes my thick, curly hair less frizzy and very shiny while defining my curls.
It smells fantastic! To me, it smells like a very sweet, very musky vanilla. I get compliments, like "Ooh your hair smells so good!" or, right after I use it, "What smells so good? *leans in* Oh, it's your hair!"
I love it so much!
Beware: If you don't like the smell, don't use it, because it makes a cloud of delicious scent around your hair!

on 8/29/2010 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I loooove Morocan Oil and my hair loves it too! I have noticed a huge difference in the way my hair behaves since starting to use this a few months ago. I have extremely wavy hair that I blow dry straight every morning and tends to frizz and curl up with the first sign of humidity - and man is there a ton of humidity in the DC area in the middle of summer! Since using this oil, I find that my hair is staying much more smooth, not that it completely keeps the humidity out, but I haven't found anything that does that yet! It smells wonderful and really makes my hair silky and soft. I use it both wet, before drying, and just a smidge after drying to tame the ends. They also have a knock-off at Sally's that is much less expensive and works just as well, but if you don't have a Sally's available to you, this is definately worth the money. It's awesome and for the higher price tag, just know that it lasts a really long time!

LISTEN UP....THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT COAT YOUR HAIR.
The beauty of this product is that it actually penatrates the hair and repairs it. If you were to normally put a product on your hair that felt this oily in your hand, your hair would feel like it was coated with oil. This stuff is awsome !!!!

on 8/27/2010 11:05:00 PM

This product is great! I think it smells amazing and I only need a dime size amount of product for my thick, somewhat wavy hair. Although it is expensive, I believe it is worth it. My hair stylist has told me for years that I have some of the thickest hair she's worked with (that isn't a head of curls/thick waves) and every time I use this product my hair feels smoother and cuts my blow drying time in half!

on 8/27/2010 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

WOW! This is the HG of hair smoothing. I have premature gray hair (since I was 16, now 33). Since it turned gray so early on, I've been coloring and processing my hair since then. To add to the list....I blow dry and flat iron OR curl my hair every single day. I have long hair that for the most part....is in good shape (except for being dry at the ends), but with the beating it takes everyday, I had to find something to calm the ends down. THIS stuff is what took care of the problem.

I apply it to damp hair after washing/conditioning, proceed to blow dry, then I straighten OR curl and VOILA. It's soooooooooooo soft and SILKY. Silky is the key word. This is one of my top 3 serums I use as I like to rotate my products. However, I would put this one at the number 1 spot.

Oh and the smell...........it's delightful.

on 8/26/2010 9:48:00 PM

GAG!!! I tried the shampoo, conditioner, and oil treatment stuff. Yeah, my hair looks great, but results are similar to what I get with Fresh Meadowfoam conditioner or even Pantene, for heaven's sake (it's just the silicones coating the hair and making it shiny). But can we please talk about the scent for a second? One of the gals below says it reminds her of feminine spray; I don't know what that smells like, but to me it smells identical to le male cologne. If you don't know what that smells like, picture that scent mixed with B.O. in the back of a NYC taxi cab, because like every cabbie and doorman in the city wears it. Along with my cheesy euro ex-boyfriend, who I would be very happy to forget. And the stuff REEKS to high heaven--I can smell it constantly! If you at ALL sensitive to smell, I would seriously skip this one. The scent is gross--it's musky and dirty, and it is not the thing that I want to smell when I go for a refreshing shower after a workout. Disgusting.

on 8/26/2010 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I love this, I have fine wavy hair (but lot of it, plus it's long and frizzy when dry) and this is the only treatment I can leave in without coating my hair in residue or adding weight. It's like an awesome lightweight but penetrating, moisturising and softening lip balm or body oil, but for your hair. Or in another sense, like merino thermals. Except this smells pretty, whereas thermals aren't really what you'd consider decorative...

Aanyway - I make a point to use natural shampoo wherever I can (Alchemy in Mandarin) and conditioner (Maclyn Grove), and this fills in the gaps on bad hair days beautifully - even though it's mostly silicones. A bit of a conflict for me, but it doesn't leave my hair worse for not using it. I'm interested to try pure Argan oil and compare, to see if it holds up or is too rich.

I use it mostly on ends and a little on the roots for more bounce, also to even out the moisture. It feels natural, rather than adding another layer or weight to my hair.

The scent is musky and somewhat organic and fresh, but it'd be too strong to put up with if you didn't like it (unfortunately). I love it, and think it's versatile without being overpowering.

on 8/26/2010 5:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for over a week now, everyday. I absolutely adore it. It has made my hair very soft and shiny. I can use truckloads of it without it making my hair oily as my hair is naturally very dry. I had it highlighted on saturday and this stuff, among hydrating/protein masks has kept my hair looking and feeling very healthy. My hair is in the best condition in years! I have curly, very frizzy hair, this makes my hair less frizzy and I bought a back-up bottle a few days later as I think I will use loads of it. Im also panicking that my favourite website, beatybay.com will stop selling it. As I live in the UK I cannot find it anywhere else. And the smell, someon on youtube described as a good boy smell, and its spot on! I love the smell! I'm going to try the moroccanoil hydrating mask tonight!

on 8/24/2010 5:34:00 AM

To start, I have somewhat thick hair thats naturally poofy and frizzy after a shower. I use this product on my damp hair. So far, I can only say that my hair looks the same. Sure it makes it shiny and somewhat softer but overall when I style my hair whether it's flat ironed or let out naturally, my hair looks like it did before I used this product. It just gives you that look like any of those shine spray/serums does. Sometimes I feel like I can achieve the same "healthy" or "shiny" look with cheaper products. The thing I like about it is that it does absorb quickly into your hair. Luckily I bought a small sized bottle because I'm still uncertain if this is one of those overly advertised and hyped up products. I'll use it for a little longer and see the result then. I suggest trying it out before actually buying the whole thing, everyone's hair is different. Oh, and the smell... it's not bad but I personally don't think I like it too much either. It has sort of a musky/candle-like/organic/like those ethnic hair product scent. That did not make sense but hope you'll understand ._."

on 8/23/2010 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVEEE this product. After years of experimentation its in my extremely streamlined HG routine. I buy the small size, it last a very long time. I spray my fine long hair with Elnett and then put my palm on the top of the moroccan oil bottole, tip the moroccan oil upside down and right side up and use what is on my palm. Rub palms together and rub on length of hair. Blow dry and repeat Moroccan oil process.My hair is shiny, layers look great, and very smooth. Perfect!!!

Popular Hair Products