December 18, 2014 | 1809 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by vidz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Let me just tell you I was completely sucked into the Hoola hoopla. I was searching high and low for something to contour with since my country didn't sell much in the way of matte bronzers and finally settled on Hoola. My dad gave me a SGD50 DS voucher and that sealed the deal. I bought it for a whopping SGD54. Don't mistake me, Hoola itself isn't bad, the lasting power is decent, the texture is pretty smooth and the colour on me is appropriate for contouring and I find the packaging very cute. It's just that I could have bought any old ash brown eyeshadow for $9.90 and nobody, not even me would have known the difference!!!

The BEST bronzer for deeper, olive skinned skinned women imho is Bobbi Brown Bahama. Totally worth every penny.

NC42ish, East Indian. Sensitive, Dry, yet acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 4:18:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I just got Benefit Hoola in the mail this morning and already love it. lt`s good for my pale skin and gives a good glow. lt will be my must have this summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by aceciul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! If you want a matte bronzer this is the best I've found, because you get a lot of product that will last forever. It defines your cheeks beautifully and works in almost any skin color (if you are too pale or too dark it won't work fine).
The box is lovely, as all Benefit blushes are. It adds no shimmer so you can wear it the whole year, at any hour of the day, without fear.
By far one of the best beauty buys anyone can do in a very reassonable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Jilliterate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Confession: I'm an geek. A coding, comics-reading, all-night-gaming-session uber-geek. As such, the only light my skin ever receives is from the glow of my computer monitors. I've got to be cautious with what I do with bronzers because anyone who knows me is aware that my skin hasn't seen natural sunlight in about six years.

In comes Hoola to save the day! It deepens my skin tone without making it orange and fake-sparkly. I love how buildable this bronzer is, and the matte quality really lets it excel at pulling double-duty as a contour.

I'm really torn on the packaging. Yes, it's a square box made of cardboard, which is both an impractical shape and an impractical material. But honestly -- I love it. I love the iconic look. I love the plummy colour, and the the little bamboos on the sides. I leave it out on my bathroom counter proudly, wishing I had a female friend who would come by and recognize it, and not a bunch of guys taking bathroom breaks on Halo nights.

Final point: the price. It's definitely one of the pricier cosmetic items I've purchased, costing $33 (CAD$) at the local Shoppers Drug Marts. However, this thing is a whopping 11 grams, working out to $3/gram, not a terrible price (Shoppers charges $2.60/gram for the Physicians Formula Happy Booster products). Part of what you're buying here is a vast amount of product, about double the amount that the average bronzer contains. Personally, I'd prefer it if BeneFit would just cut the amount of product and the price in half, rather than forcing me to buy my bronzer in bulk, when I may never use it all.

That was a rather long diatribe on price points, but in short: this is a great bronzer that you can justify buying with a bit of analysis on product quantities. So go! Pick some up! You too can fake the look of having tanned skin without ever leaving the basement!

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by xomegs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Only bronzer that works for me. I'm so rediculously fair. I have to use an incredibly light hand but it gives me the nice contour and face definition i'm looking for. I love this matte bronzer. I dont really like the box packaging. It's portability sucks

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by underthepink3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got into "high end" makeup and shopping at sephora about 6 years ago. In the midst of the excitment of new brands and discoverys, I was immediately drawn to benefit boxed powders and the brand as a whole. It was pretty much down hill from there. After the honeymoon phase wore off and I began to branch out into more and more brands, maybe the ones that werent so flashy with gimmicky retro packaging, I *gasp* began to discover that I didn't actualy like benefit products all that much. There was so much out there within the same price range and even cheaper that I absolutely could love and get excited over using every single day and not just the initial excitment of buying the cutest darn little package. And now, that is what benefit boxed powders (and all that other benefit loot that sits prettily and silently in the corners and back of my organizers) respresents to me. Over priced gimmicky, glittery stuff that the teenage and early twentys me obsessed over. I still love adorable packaging as much as the next girl, but as I've grown up and had kids and began to watch my money more carefully, I began to realize that it's pretty ridiculous of me to keep spending so much money on this brand when I havn't really been in love with the actual products! That said, *takes deep breath* Hoola sucks. (for me) It's a light beige yellowy brown that makes my nc20 skin look dirty (and yeah, I'm applying it right!) Plus after struggling with major MAJOR acne for 3 years and spending so much $$ on trying to correct that and f**king my skin up way worse, I finaly figured out that these boxed powders where the culprit and after stopping use of them my face has improved dramaticaly. I looked up the ingredients on zerozits.com and sure enough it was a no-no! I recently bought Too faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer after doing lots and lots of research and highly HIGHLY reccomend that for any skin tone, no matter how light because if you apply it lighly and with the right brush it will look so natural! Not trying to bash benefit or anyone who likes these products, just giving my honest opinion which I really appreciate that from all of you! Couldn't live without all of your reviews! That's my 2 cents. :)
Just for fun, here's a list of benefit products that I have wasted my money on that now go unused because they suck for me:
Hoola

See?
fun.

36 out of 52 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Dinkor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I looked up lots of bronzers before deciding on trying Hoola and I can't say I am disapointed. It isn't really dark but has the potential to give more of a fuller tan or just a natural glow. It's matte and is good for contouring as well. I would buy it again but I will still look for other products I may like more, but I will definately continue to buy Hoola for it's own thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by spearmintcookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this bronzer! I'm really pale, and fairly cool, but Hoola works great on me for contouring and warming my complexion up a bit. It's not at all orange, which is great, and I love that it's matte, since I tend to go for a more natural look. You get a HUGE amount, and if you can find it on ebay it's really reasonably priced (though you do have to be careful not to buy a knock-off!). For pale folks like me, I recommend giving this a try! It's subtle, natural, and easily blended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by evasirjohn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this - someone else wrote 'cheekbones in a box' and that is what it is exactly. I love that its not glittery. I love that it has no golden or pink undertones. I love the buildable aspect. I think that either you love or have the box packaging of these, but you have to admit, BeneFit created that and thats what they are known for. Very pricey but worth it when you will literally take forever to hit pan and the quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this bronzer. I'm not typically a bronzer girl but I have been using this for about 4 years now, it's the best one out there. It's really expensive (over 22) but it lasts me for ages, about 1.5 years to hit the pan. I use it as a contour powder to sculpt my cheebones and nose. It works beautifully - much more flattering on my NC20 golden undertoned skin than typical ashy shades of contour powder. I love that it's matte with no shimmers or glitters in it. The bronzer itself is soooo soft and silky, so it blends on my skin effortlessly. Doesn't break me out and lasting power is really good too. The colour is not orange...it's just a natural brown on me. Love it.