April 19, 2014 | 1706 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by rollingpandas

I absolutely love this paint pot.. I want to go back and buy the rest of the colors! I love the subtle shimmer of Bare Study--perfect as a highlighter on the brow bone or just by itself for a cute everyday look. I also use it as a base and it grabs so much more color. And considering that I have oily lids, this cream eyeshadow lasts ALL day without creasing and without losing color. Definitely my favorite! Some people think that the glass jar is bulky and cumbersome, but I like it a lot :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 3:06:00 PM More reviews by charb3

Much better packaging than the paints. This color is a pretty champagne hue with just a bit of shimmer! I like it very much! These will probably become my HG items, replacing the paints.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by b_electrocuted

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in the mail today from the mac website along with the black paint pot. I tried Bare Study today and I can say that this item will definitely replace my bare canvas paint as my everyday eye shadow base. I also love the hint of shimmer. Excellent product, but I dislike the heavy glass jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by specialkalle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I test a LOT of MAC products for my beauty blog, (seriously like EVERYTHING they could ever possibly have) and I love the paint pots. I think it's easier to apply them with a soft brush than with fingers. Bare Study acts as an all day eye shadow base for me. Paint pots are truly amazing, they won't come off or crease or anything weird that other cream shadows do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by maandusa

love it! MAC paints are awesome because they are truly multipurpose products -- use them as a base or alone, and depending on the color, they can also be used as highlighters, blushes, etc.

the Paint Pots take that a step further. the shadows themselves are creamier and easier to blend, but still have the great longwearing, non-creasing properties. the color payoff is perfect, and the packaging is MUCH nicer (i am not a fan of the squeeze tube of regular paints. too messy for my taste, and i like that i will be able to get every last little bit of product out of the paint pot (if i ever hit bottom, that is!)

Bare Study is similar to Stilife paint on me -- just slightly less sparkly (more of a shimmer than a sparkle). Great to wear on "no-makeup" days with just mascara. i "prime" my lids with Benefit's Lemon-Aid to conceal the red blood vessels that are very visible on my lids, and then i apply Bare Study on the lid and softly blended into the crease. Black mascara and Blacktrack fluidline (just at the roots of my lashes, for the appearance of fuller lashes) and i'm set. in fact, this was exactly what i wore on my eyes yesterday to Busch Gardens, and after 6 hours in the Florida heat/humidity and three water rides, my eyes still looked fantastic.

i can't wait to get all the colors, not only for my personal use, but also in my freelance work, and i REALLY hope to see the color selection expanded in the futre.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 11:11:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I'm mortified that I previously wrote such a glowing review on this paint pot. (So mortified... that I deleted it!) I like MAC Paint Pots, they are still among the best creme eyeshadows out there, IMO. They are great because they last a long time on my lids without creasing, and they make pretty good bases to use under powder eyeshadows. They are also pretty creamy to apply and don't cause tugging on my eyelids. But as far as this particular Paint Pot goes (Bare Study)... I could definitely live without it. The color is gorgeous in the pot (an icy champagne color with a hint of gold)... but on my lids? Yikes! It looks like my eyes grew a pair of high beams on them! I tried to cover it with powder e/s... and it caused the shadow to crease within a few hours. I can't wear this alone, Bare Study is WAY too frosty for my 40+ eyelids! I don't even know who this would look good on... maybe young girls or gals with darker complexions? All I know is, this looks horrible on this NW20ish "mature" woman... :oP

18 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by roussel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love Bare Study. I just bought it last weekend and I can see that this is the one I will be using most of the time. It looks great by itself applied all over the lids up to the browbone. It looks like magic dust e/s. I love that it give that polished look if you just need to do a 5min makeup. I apply this one with my fingers as this I use all over the lids. With the other paint pots, I apply them with a concealer brush since I only need them on the lids. With this one, you can't go wrong even with just using your fingers. The color blends into my skin and gives it a bit of sheen. I will be buying more paint pots as I really enjoy using them although these will last me a loooong time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 11:55:00 AM More reviews by AUDREYNICOLE

I LOVE Bare Study! It is the perfect shimmer champagne shade for me when I want a minimal makeup look! I use my finger to apply from lashes to brow bone, line with blacktrack, some mascara and I am done. It is so quick and easy and it really brightens my eyes and makes me look put together with almost no effort. I will buy over and over! (NW15/blonde/blue)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't too sure about this collection when I heard about it, thinking it would just be another ho-hum bunch of stuff.... that is, until I saw it in person. I'm highly impressed and purchased Bare Study right away to use as a base and highlight color. It's an awesome champagne with bits of gold and pink shimmer throughout. Very easy to apply with finger or brush, blends like a dream, dries to a semi-sheer finish and lasts forever. I plan on getting all the shades since these are NOT LE (finally!) and the colors are just gorgeous. Easily the best creme e/s I've ever tried. I like these better than regular Paints due to the ease of application and pot container. MUCH easier to work with. Luckily I don't have a lot of Paints so I don't feel bad replacing them with these!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sitasati

ok I have the paint tubes and I hate them I wish I could exhange them for the paint pots. If you have major oily eyelids like mine wear the paint over UD primer potion. It works. I put on my artifact today at 2pm and even now at 10:45pm its still intact. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee these paints. I'm going to get all the colors. You can use them as eyeliner too.