MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study

4.2

on 10/28/2007 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Perfect as a browbone highlight or allover shadow. Easy to apply with a just about any shadow brush. I find this to last longer than powder shadows and it's so creamy and feels great on the skin!

on 10/26/2007 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

love this! great when all my pigments. Long wear too!

on 10/24/2007 7:21:00 PM

This is gorgeous!

on 10/17/2007 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

The color is a sparkly gold beige. Think Magic Dust eyeshadow in cream from. the texture is perfect, slick easy to blen, but with plenty of pigment. Wear is long without a base. These can be used as a base to increase depth of color, or also as a line. Love this product all around.

on 10/9/2007 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

The texture of these Paint Pots is perfect. They are cream to powder bases or shadows, depending on how you wear them. If anyone remembers the Calvin Klein cream eye shadows in the tubes years ago? These are just like that, but soo much better. They dry quickly, are sheer enough for blending or can be packed on for impact. The staying power is pretty good for a cream eyeshadow. Much better than most actually. Bare Study is a soft champagne with a hint of gold and pink. Looks lovely on it's own or as a highlight color. Most recently, I've been wearing it with with Lovely Lily pigment (from the Lingerie collection) or French Gray (Danse). I have to take off a lippie since this product is in a pot and that just always feels a little unsanitary to me

on 10/9/2007 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have paint pots in Painterly ( good matte base color), Bare Study and Indianwood (shimmery copper brown). Bare Study is a beautiful subtle shimmery but not glittery champagne color. I prefer the paint pots over the paint formula as they are easier to work with. The pot doesn't have the issues that the tubes had with dispensing too much product. This paired with Dazzlelight shadow over the top is my perfect everyday look that makes me look fresh and awake. A definite repurchase. So pleased that these are not LE.

on 10/7/2007 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When going into MAC that day the only intention I had was to buy the Vanilla Pigment. But then the lady began to say that I should get a paint pot so that the pigment would go on better. I had no say in what paint pot I was going to receive and I really wasn't a "MAC" expert and had only gone in to get Vanilla because I saw it in pursebuzz's video and it looked like a great multi-purpose product. But let me get back to the Bare Study...I think it's a pretty good color. But like if your looking to have a matte look I don't think this would be the color for you. It has shimmer; but not an over-bearing shimmer. I really honestly like the amount of shimmer it has.

I believe it to be a good base for eyeshadow and makes it more vibrant. On the MAC website they describe it as a "Champagne with gold and white pearl" and I have to agree. It is an honestly great color. And I like the packaging way better than the paints. Like all you need is a decent eyeshadow brush and tada.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love Bare Study as an e/s base for my shimmery shadows. I was a little skeptical because I thought it would be too light for my NC40 complexion. However, it's not too light & gives my lids a nice glow. I have oily lids & combined with UDPP under the paint pot, my e/s lasts all day. As a bonus, it also makes my e/s more vibrant.

I love the pot form & use my 252 brush to apply. The only complaint is that the packaging is a little bulky & takes up a lot of room in my train case.

Definitely give this a try as e/s base.

on 9/14/2007 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love the concept and love the change to the paints, however, the Bare Study was too shimmery for me and the Painterly, was a little grey on me. I prefer the pot and using a brush, versus the tube, but I love the color of the Bare Canvas Paint better. So I'll stick with the old. The sample I had of this in a little jar, dried out after only a few weeks, and that didn't make me happy either.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this paint pot.. I want to go back and buy the rest of the colors! I love the subtle shimmer of Bare Study--perfect as a highlighter on the brow bone or just by itself for a cute everyday look. I also use it as a base and it grabs so much more color. And considering that I have oily lids, this cream eyeshadow lasts ALL day without creasing and without losing color. Definitely my favorite! Some people think that the glass jar is bulky and cumbersome, but I like it a lot :)

Top Rated MAC Products