September 1, 2014 | 1915 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have paint pots in Painterly ( good matte base color), Bare Study and Indianwood (shimmery copper brown). Bare Study is a beautiful subtle shimmery but not glittery champagne color. I prefer the paint pots over the paint formula as they are easier to work with. The pot doesn't have the issues that the tubes had with dispensing too much product. This paired with Dazzlelight shadow over the top is my perfect everyday look that makes me look fresh and awake. A definite repurchase. So pleased that these are not LE.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lailaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

When going into MAC that day the only intention I had was to buy the Vanilla Pigment. But then the lady began to say that I should get a paint pot so that the pigment would go on better. I had no say in what paint pot I was going to receive and I really wasn't a "MAC" expert and had only gone in to get Vanilla because I saw it in pursebuzz's video and it looked like a great multi-purpose product. But let me get back to the Bare Study...I think it's a pretty good color. But like if your looking to have a matte look I don't think this would be the color for you. It has shimmer; but not an over-bearing shimmer. I really honestly like the amount of shimmer it has.

I believe it to be a good base for eyeshadow and makes it more vibrant. On the MAC website they describe it as a "Champagne with gold and white pearl" and I have to agree. It is an honestly great color. And I like the packaging way better than the paints. Like all you need is a decent eyeshadow brush and tada.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by vanillajanice

I absolutely love Bare Study as an e/s base for my shimmery shadows. I was a little skeptical because I thought it would be too light for my NC40 complexion. However, it's not too light & gives my lids a nice glow. I have oily lids & combined with UDPP under the paint pot, my e/s lasts all day. As a bonus, it also makes my e/s more vibrant.

I love the pot form & use my 252 brush to apply. The only complaint is that the packaging is a little bulky & takes up a lot of room in my train case.

Definitely give this a try as e/s base.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the concept and love the change to the paints, however, the Bare Study was too shimmery for me and the Painterly, was a little grey on me. I prefer the pot and using a brush, versus the tube, but I love the color of the Bare Canvas Paint better. So I'll stick with the old. The sample I had of this in a little jar, dried out after only a few weeks, and that didn't make me happy either.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by rollingpandas

I absolutely love this paint pot.. I want to go back and buy the rest of the colors! I love the subtle shimmer of Bare Study--perfect as a highlighter on the brow bone or just by itself for a cute everyday look. I also use it as a base and it grabs so much more color. And considering that I have oily lids, this cream eyeshadow lasts ALL day without creasing and without losing color. Definitely my favorite! Some people think that the glass jar is bulky and cumbersome, but I like it a lot :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 3:06:00 PM More reviews by charb3

Much better packaging than the paints. This color is a pretty champagne hue with just a bit of shimmer! I like it very much! These will probably become my HG items, replacing the paints.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by b_electrocuted

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in the mail today from the mac website along with the black paint pot. I tried Bare Study today and I can say that this item will definitely replace my bare canvas paint as my everyday eye shadow base. I also love the hint of shimmer. Excellent product, but I dislike the heavy glass jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by specialkalle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I test a LOT of MAC products for my beauty blog, (seriously like EVERYTHING they could ever possibly have) and I love the paint pots. I think it's easier to apply them with a soft brush than with fingers. Bare Study acts as an all day eye shadow base for me. Paint pots are truly amazing, they won't come off or crease or anything weird that other cream shadows do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by maandusa

love it! MAC paints are awesome because they are truly multipurpose products -- use them as a base or alone, and depending on the color, they can also be used as highlighters, blushes, etc.

the Paint Pots take that a step further. the shadows themselves are creamier and easier to blend, but still have the great longwearing, non-creasing properties. the color payoff is perfect, and the packaging is MUCH nicer (i am not a fan of the squeeze tube of regular paints. too messy for my taste, and i like that i will be able to get every last little bit of product out of the paint pot (if i ever hit bottom, that is!)

Bare Study is similar to Stilife paint on me -- just slightly less sparkly (more of a shimmer than a sparkle). Great to wear on "no-makeup" days with just mascara. i "prime" my lids with Benefit's Lemon-Aid to conceal the red blood vessels that are very visible on my lids, and then i apply Bare Study on the lid and softly blended into the crease. Black mascara and Blacktrack fluidline (just at the roots of my lashes, for the appearance of fuller lashes) and i'm set. in fact, this was exactly what i wore on my eyes yesterday to Busch Gardens, and after 6 hours in the Florida heat/humidity and three water rides, my eyes still looked fantastic.

i can't wait to get all the colors, not only for my personal use, but also in my freelance work, and i REALLY hope to see the color selection expanded in the futre.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 11:11:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I'm mortified that I previously wrote such a glowing review on this paint pot. (So mortified... that I deleted it!) I like MAC Paint Pots, they are still among the best creme eyeshadows out there, IMO. They are great because they last a long time on my lids without creasing, and they make pretty good bases to use under powder eyeshadows. They are also pretty creamy to apply and don't cause tugging on my eyelids. But as far as this particular Paint Pot goes (Bare Study)... I could definitely live without it. The color is gorgeous in the pot (an icy champagne color with a hint of gold)... but on my lids? Yikes! It looks like my eyes grew a pair of high beams on them! I tried to cover it with powder e/s... and it caused the shadow to crease within a few hours. I can't wear this alone, Bare Study is WAY too frosty for my 40+ eyelids! I don't even know who this would look good on... maybe young girls or gals with darker complexions? All I know is, this looks horrible on this NW20ish "mature" woman... :oP

18 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No