Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 5/5/2008 9:20:00 PM

This Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion is the perfect moisturizer for dry skin sufferers! I recently purchased this while it was on mega-sale at Walgreens, and it has proved to be a little miracle worker on my skin. I tend to have dry skin, even in the humid south where I reside, so I need the extra TLC on my skin daily to prevent rough patches. With this Aveeno lotion, I am able to massage this into my skin after my shower each morning, and have smooth, radiant skin throughout the day-no touch ups needed! I have noticed that my skin's texture has improved and become more even toned.... it just feels wonderful and very touchable! The oatmeal in the ingredients has to be the culprit in its greatness! I love the texture of this lotion-it's got almost a gel-cream consistency going on. No scent whatsoever, so it works seamlessly with my fragrances I decide to wear. Highly recommended! I have 8 tubes of this, so I should be set for a long while.... =D

on 5/1/2008 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion is lovely for when your skin needs a bit of moisture and TLC. Don't be put off by the light, slightly thin consistency, as it is very moisturising, although, if your get extremely dry during the winter months, this may not be enough - but you can remedy this by adding a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the lotion; soo moisturising! The light texture is great for summer, as you're nourishing your skin while not feeling one bit greasy, and I love how this sinks in almost immediately. Sometimes instead of using expensive creams and lotions on my face (or using pure oil), I like to use this mixed in with a bit EVOO to keep my skin really soft, smooth and hydrated.

on 5/1/2008 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this lotion. It makes me skin so soft and smooth. I have no dry patches anymore, and some rough patches of skin I had from a reaction to the flu shot have been smoothed over. There is a slight smell, but the bottle says 'no added fragrence'. So it is just the smell of the other ingredients in there. It goes away very quickly. It absorbs quickly and it lasts all day. I put it on in the morning after the shower. A great lotion that works wonderfully, would definitely repurchase.

on 4/30/2008 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This lotion is superb for daily, year-round use. No more dry, itchy skin! The oatmeal calms and soothes. It literally lasts until you wash it off. I love that it doesn't have a scent. Excellent.

on 4/28/2008 4:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

My MIL gave me a little tube of this, and I love it. It really is moisturizing. The formual is thick. It soaks in quickly. This is great for people with dry skin. I use it on my hands, which tend to get very dry.

on 4/21/2008 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I heard lots of good things about Aveeno but I wasn't impressed with it. I found it to be too plastic(y). I did not like the smell either. I think that this product is too pricey for what it is. I don't use this as a body moisturizer because it's hard to work with and spread it all over the body, so I only use it as a hand cream. I like the fact that it after 5 minutes it does soak in and doesn't feel greasy but there are other hand creams out there that smell great and do the same job but better for less. Whenever I wear this I feel like I have something covering my hands. As mentiod before, my skin feels very artificial and plastic(y). Will not purchase again!

on 4/20/2008 9:54:00 AM

I live in Maine, dry and cold during the winter, and this saved my skin. Wish it hadn't taken me so long to try it. I don't always have a lot of faith that d/s products will do much. I had used Vaseline's cocoa lotion most of the winter but then when the worst of the winter came it wasn't enough. This product is not liquidy or runny. It is nice and thick but not greasy at all. Lovely texture. I do need to use a lot to get it all over. So I'll prob have to repurchase more quickly than I'd thought. Relieves the dryness and itchiness for me all day. My skin feels nice and smooth, not totally as a result of this one product, but I'm sure it helps a lot. It has zero scent to me, which is nice.

on 4/15/2008 2:12:00 PM

I wasn't sure which product was the oatmeal moisturizing cream, so I'm putting this in the lotion section, but a couple of years ago I went on a cruise around the Mediterranean and got severe sun burn to the point where I couldn't do anything, the pain was unbearable. Anyway I used this product and although it smelt a bit funny and was a little greasy, it worked wonders and helped relieve a lot of the pain and helped heal my skin.

on 4/13/2008 12:19:00 AM

I just bought this product and I'm in Love with it. It makes my skin feel so smooth, it doesn't smell, has SPF 15 and best part it's not greasy. I have very dry legs and used to use Curel but it was soo greasy and afterward when I wash my hands it feels soapy. I would highly recommenced this product to everyone. =)

on 4/12/2008 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one thing I cannot live without. When you're living in Canada where during the winter -30 is not an abnormal temperature, you get completely dried out. I love using this lotion after a shower to keep myself moisturized and free from itchiness. The smell isn't too bad, it doesn't really smell like anything, but if I want an added scent I just add a little bit of scented lotion to it and it does the trick. This stuff is the best for dry skin.