October 2, 2014 | 936 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Manillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*****UPDATE***** I'm on prescription-strength acne medication and my face is extremely dry. This lotion doesn't do a great job at moisturizing my skin. I have given up on this lotion and now use Cetaphil's Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15, which works ten times better. I have used other products from Aveeno and I remain disappointed every time.*********

I have lotions that I use for my body and a lotion that I use strictly for my face. I love this lotion for my face because it hydrates and moisturizes without looking greasy at all! Sometimes you'll forget you've applied it because there's no scent or greasy look.

I have never really tried the lotion on my body and I don't think I will. For a body, I need a scented lotion that will moisturize, soften, and also give a little sheen to my skin. Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion doesn't have a scent nor does it really leave a sheen.

But as far as a face moisturizer, it's one of the best out there! My HG lotion for my face if that makes any sense.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 1:39:00 AM More reviews by gothpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my daily lotion - by far the best drugstore lotion there is. Not greasy or sticky, just thick enough, sinks in and really moisturizes, even my driest winter skin - feels wonderful. Pretty much fragrance free (barely detectable scent, but it's light and clean and fades once applied) so it doesn't clash with whatever else you may want to wear. It's never irritated my skin at all - some lotions seemed to cause me problems if applied to freshy shaven legs. It's not dirt cheap or anything, but affordable enough that I don't feel guilty about slathering myself in it daily, and I'd choose it over many other more expensive high end body lotions. By far better than any other drugstore lotions I've tried (Jergens, Vaseline, Johnson's, Olay, Neutrogena) and I finally stopped trying new things because I always came back to this - definite staple!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

right texture and it has great staying power. my only complaint would be that the packaging and the nonexistent fragrance made me forget i even owned it. but that makes it even better for sensitive skin so i highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 7:20:00 PM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer. I have very sensitive acne prone skin but my hands can get dry, I work in a hospital and we have to wash our hands and sanitize them constantly and that makes hands cracked and dry a lot, especially the cuticles. Although this isnt the best moisturizer Ive ever used its the best one for the value it provides (its very very cheap) and does the job effectively. It seals in moisture and is much better than most drugstore brands. It is one of the few dermatologist/doctor recommended brands, Eucerin and Cetaphil being the other two. Seriously--go to your internist/pediatrician and they will have Aveeno, Eucerin, and Cetaphil samples on hand because they are the safest moisturizers, even for children.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by BaseballGirl

Best lotion there is. It takes my dry itchy skin to smooth and hydrated without being greasy. The smell is not bad and doesnt linger which I love. I also dont get breakouts on my chest from this. Price is a little high, but very worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this and the matching bath gel when I started swimming. I was so scared that my dry skin would flake out when I was in the chlorine. They follow me to the gym every time I go to swim these days.

This really works, but I do have a time working the thick lotion over my body. That's my only quibble with an otherwise fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 6:32:00 PM More reviews by slakers14

Wonderful Product. I have used many lotions to cure my dry skin and this one worked almost instantly. It took a while for it to settle in and it feels slightly greasy, but once it dries its amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ILoveGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion. I've been using this lotion daily for quite some years. I had dry skin and it's really worked. I like the light oatmeal smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by test761

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this as a hand and body lotion. I have dry skin and this lotion is just right without feeling heavy. It lets my skin breathe. Costco sells is at a great price. It doesn't have an irritating fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 3:30:00 AM More reviews by pink_cosmos

This is the best lotion I have used. It's quite thick in consistency but spreads very easily. I use it all over my body and 6 pumps is enough because it is very moisturising. I've used a LOT of body lotions in the past and this one appealed to me because
1) The fragrance is VERY subtle - slight oatmeal smell, but I'd say it smells more like sorbolene (but better) and I dont feel like it's going to compete with my perfumes
2) It's non-comedogenic - which means I can use it on my chest without having to worry about getting any pimples. I dont normally break out in that area normally but there have been a couple of moisturisers that triggered it.
3) It's thick and moisturising but absorbs very readily in the skin. It doesn't leave a film like a lot of moisturisers and I feel like it's actually getting in there and moisturising instead of just sitting on top of my skin.
4) The packaging is very convenient. It's a pump bottle, but what makes it different is that you only need to twist it slightly in one direction to "open" it, and then twist it back the other direction to "close" it. The outer packaging is quite nice too because it has a "grip" to it. With other plastic containers for body lotions, I find that after applying moisturiser on, the container feels very slippery (obviously because of the lotion on your hands), but the aveeno container - well, I dont know how to describe it, I just like it!
5) Also, I think this would be very suitable for people who have sensitive skin. Not a lot of fragrance, it's a very basic moisturiser and it has oatmeal, which is good for a variety of skin conditions such as dryness, eczema and dermatitis.