Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

Am I the only one who thought this lotion was a bit sticky feeling after applying it?

on 6/27/2008 12:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product is called "Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizer -Fragrance free, with natural colloidal oatmeal". I used this stuff last night and my face is soooooooooooooo........................ soft ... and it's morning time! I love it, plus it's good for your skin! Check www.cosmeticsdatabase.com if you don't believe me! Anyway, i had researched this (i wanted a natural approach for a face care routine) and i had never tried it before, but i bought 2 bottles of this at walgreens (two 2.5 oz bottles). BEST INVESTMENT YOU COULD EVER MAKE!!!!!! :) I'M SOOO... PLEASED! FINALLY, SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN, NATURAL AND WORKS! ;)
edit: been using for over a week and still love it! very moisturizing and it DOES moisturize throughout the day! :)
edit: don't put on too much or your face will get oily, but still love this1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this lotion because it made my dry hands and body way more soft. I did notice a small improvement. The smell is weird and after i put on the lotion, it had a weird feeling. Then in a few minutes later, the weird feeling went a way. I cant describe the feeling, but it doesnt hurt or anything.

on 5/17/2008 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lotion is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I have the small tube version of this. I have had those really annoying dry patches on my skin (corner of mouth, chin, near the tip of my nose, near brows) ...all of which have significantly reduced any self-confidence I managed to uphold. Anyways, this small tube has done just the trick for my stubborn dry patches. I hardly even get them now, and when I do, I simply rub a thin layer of lotion on to my skin until it has dissolved into the skin, and I am good to go.

I like the small tube because I can carry it with me in my bag ($3.29 at walgreens), and touch up my face anywhere anytime :-). The ingredient list is short, and I have sensative skin, and this hasn't irritated or caused any flare ups on my skin ONCE, not even when I apply it on one of those dry areas around the nose (you know, after one of those long and terrible colds). Also, it has no annoying and irritating fragrance in it, which is a huge plus for me- especially in a lotion that I apply on my face.

This particular version doesn't have spf in it (and I prefer it that way...keep things simple), so what I usually do is I first apply the lotion on the dry areas, after a minute or two I apply my sunblock of the moment- (which is currently my Garnier spf 28 skin renew lotion....I have yet to review it) and I am one happy camper.

Active Ingredients
Dimethicone 1.3%

Ingredients
Avena Sativa Kernel Flour Oat , Benzyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Distearyldimonium Chloride , Glycerin , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Sodium Chloride , Water
continued >>

on 5/5/2008 9:20:00 PM

This Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion is the perfect moisturizer for dry skin sufferers! I recently purchased this while it was on mega-sale at Walgreens, and it has proved to be a little miracle worker on my skin. I tend to have dry skin, even in the humid south where I reside, so I need the extra TLC on my skin daily to prevent rough patches. With this Aveeno lotion, I am able to massage this into my skin after my shower each morning, and have smooth, radiant skin throughout the day-no touch ups needed! I have noticed that my skin's texture has improved and become more even toned.... it just feels wonderful and very touchable! The oatmeal in the ingredients has to be the culprit in its greatness! I love the texture of this lotion-it's got almost a gel-cream consistency going on. No scent whatsoever, so it works seamlessly with my fragrances I decide to wear. Highly recommended! I have 8 tubes of this, so I should be set for a long while.... =D

on 5/1/2008 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion is lovely for when your skin needs a bit of moisture and TLC. Don't be put off by the light, slightly thin consistency, as it is very moisturising, although, if your get extremely dry during the winter months, this may not be enough - but you can remedy this by adding a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the lotion; soo moisturising! The light texture is great for summer, as you're nourishing your skin while not feeling one bit greasy, and I love how this sinks in almost immediately. Sometimes instead of using expensive creams and lotions on my face (or using pure oil), I like to use this mixed in with a bit EVOO to keep my skin really soft, smooth and hydrated.

on 5/1/2008 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this lotion. It makes me skin so soft and smooth. I have no dry patches anymore, and some rough patches of skin I had from a reaction to the flu shot have been smoothed over. There is a slight smell, but the bottle says 'no added fragrence'. So it is just the smell of the other ingredients in there. It goes away very quickly. It absorbs quickly and it lasts all day. I put it on in the morning after the shower. A great lotion that works wonderfully, would definitely repurchase.

on 4/30/2008 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This lotion is superb for daily, year-round use. No more dry, itchy skin! The oatmeal calms and soothes. It literally lasts until you wash it off. I love that it doesn't have a scent. Excellent.

on 4/28/2008 4:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

My MIL gave me a little tube of this, and I love it. It really is moisturizing. The formual is thick. It soaks in quickly. This is great for people with dry skin. I use it on my hands, which tend to get very dry.

on 4/21/2008 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I heard lots of good things about Aveeno but I wasn't impressed with it. I found it to be too plastic(y). I did not like the smell either. I think that this product is too pricey for what it is. I don't use this as a body moisturizer because it's hard to work with and spread it all over the body, so I only use it as a hand cream. I like the fact that it after 5 minutes it does soak in and doesn't feel greasy but there are other hand creams out there that smell great and do the same job but better for less. Whenever I wear this I feel like I have something covering my hands. As mentiod before, my skin feels very artificial and plastic(y). Will not purchase again!