December 22, 2014 | 1780 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by adnilem7

I love this lotion! I've seen commercials for this for a while now, and I finally purchased it, and I've gotta say, this is AMAZING! I just cannot get over how this makes my skin feel, and it's only been 2 days! My legs get scaly dry in the winter, and I just put this on my legs last night, and now they're so soft! The smell is light, and a little unpleasant, but I've grown to like it. I have pilaris or w/e on the backs of my arms and legs, and while it hasn't cured it, it has made them a LOT softer, and less red. I've tried so many moisturizers, and until now, I have yet to find my "perfect" lotion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by luminous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is great stuff. i have eczema, and i actually bought it b/c i figured if it's sold at costco (& therefore sells a lot) it MUST be good, right? hehe. anyway, after i got it home i looked up the MUA reviews and was pleasantly surprised by the amazing feedback about this specifically in terms of eczema! so many people were saying that it was the only thing that worked for theirs.

well, lo and behold, i tried this stuff on an eczema patch i had behind my ear and the reviews were right! the patch was smoothed away within a few days, whereas i'd been using other lotions (Cetaphil lotion, Cetaphil Cream, Complex 15 lotion, Aquaphor) on it for weeks with no positive results (and actually i think some of those products were irritating things further).

i use for torso, extra-dry areas (for me, sides of neck; behind ears). it's true what others have said, i guess this does have an overall feel (& smell?) of being a little plasticky/chemical-y. which is slightly off-putting since i've been making a concerted effort lately to use more natural products -- but if it works, i'll take it, at least for now. i agree, the smell isn't my favorite, but it's mild (you have to get really close to smell it) and it's better than adding extra chemicals for a sickly sweet/artificial scent.

in short, this is a hydrating, simple lotion that does what i need it to. and it is the only thing i'll use on my eczema.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by melloh

I stopped using it for a long time, but I picked it up again and realized that it is pretty good for my hands. So-so on the body, definitely not good on my face, but good on my hands. I might prefer something less synthetic and plastic-y, but I'll probably buy it again b/c my husband likes it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by favola

Healed My Hands, I Washed My Hands With Hot Water A Lot So That's What I Get But Im So Glad I Found This. No Scent And It Has A Very Creamy Texture. I Don't Use This As A Body Moisturizer Though, Just Cracked Areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by hulagrrl83

I bought this product at Costco which was a great deal. (like $10 for 2 huge bottles) It's a great moisturizer. Has no scent which is kinda nice if you are like me and use a lot of other scented products and don't want to smell like you mixed them all together. Soaks into the skin nicely and the effect seems to last. Usually during the winter i get dry flakey skin, but not this winter thanks to this lotion. Feels nice too. It might be a little too heavy for summer...not sure yet, but so far so good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

A light-weight lotion that works! I got 2-pack bottles from costco for less than $15. I leave one at work so I can easily keep my hands soft after i wash my hands frequently. It's so light yet moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This doesn't really smell like anything to me, I don't know what others are smelling? There's a very faint (oatmeal, maybe) smell, but it doesn't linger on your skin at all. This lotion is not thin (Suave lotions) nor thick (regular Nivea lotion), but a good in-between. It provides long-lasting moisturization, though I don't feel like it lasts a whole 24 hours like others have mentioned. I have sensitive legs and this product doesn't irritate them at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by arcticmel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Super moisturizing, perfect for sensitive skin, doesn't irritate, and if you have eczema, it's great for calming inflammation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ImAstraightDudeDontWorry

Ok just to make sure... the product I'm reviewing is "Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion - Fragrance Free with colloidal oatmeal".

Lets also get this out of the way... I'm a straight guy (zomg, no waaay!?). I wanted a lotion I could use on my face (men need lotion too especially after a shower... I hate dry facial skin). So I researched the internets for hours. I wanted the best of the best!

This is it folks. There is absolutely no smell to this lotion, it is not greasy, and it does its job. Not to mention it just about has the LOWEST hazard score on http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/product.php?prod_id=97802

Try and find a lotion with a lower hazard rating on that site that's fragrance free and works as well as this... don't waste to much time.

Don't be a noob, let this man beast let you know what's really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 2:07:00 AM More reviews by jaycee33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was recommended to me after getting a tattoo. The tattoo artist told me the oatmeal would really help to heal my skin. He was right and I haven't used anything else since. It really does help my Michigan-winter dry skin and it does so quickly. It also doesn't have a fragrance, which I really like, and the price can't be beat.