Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 4/12/2009 6:59:00 PM

Went to CVS because I lost my favorite lip moisturizer (Vaseline's Lip Therapy). They didn't have it so I bought this one because I always hear how everyone loves Burt's Bees. It was uber expensive for a chapstick ($3.29 vs the $.98 I pay for lip therapy). Hate the smell. Doesn't feel great when your lips are dry. Overall, I will not repurchase and go back to my cheap and effective Vaseline Lip Therapy.

on 4/9/2009 11:47:00 PM

I love Burt's Bees. I really like all of their lip balms and this one is no exception.

I like the minty feeling of the original, but this is nice for the times when you don't want to perfume the air around you with that strong minty smell. And like everyone else said, it's got a nice rich color in the tube and just adds on a teensy bit of color to your lips. No biggie if you don't like color, but it's nowhere near the intensity of cherry chapstick, I'd have to say. Then again, I really disliked cherry chapstick.

on 4/9/2009 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This, like the original and the Honey Burt's lip balms, is pretty moisturizing and is a good quality lip balm. There are a couple things that hold it back though. My biggest beef with it is that it tints your lips (others probably love this). I like my lip balms to be clear. It's the same reason why I don't really care for Cherry ChapStick. I also wish it had SPF. I would probably use it more if it did.

on 4/9/2009 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it! I love the smell. I love the texture. I love the color. I love the moisturization. My lips feel so soft and smooth from using this and it only takes a few minutes for it to absorb. It's a keeper for winter that's for sure.

on 4/7/2009 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I can't say I really like the smell of this stuff either (smells a little odd but tolerable) but it makes my lips nice and soft. It has average staying power and leaves a slight red tinge to my lips. It's a little expensive for a lip balm but so worth it. I have 2 of these that I always carry with me.

on 4/3/2009 8:58:00 PM

I ♥ everything pomegranate so I couldn't wait to purchase this lip balm! So here is the review:
1. The smell was peculiar. I was expecting something fruity (pomegranate, duh!) but instead noticed a strong, curious not so minty scent.
2. The texture was nice and smooth. Not greasy or waxy. I love the all natural ingredients.
3. The color in the tube is a beautiful beet red but came on clear on my lips which was fine.
4. The result~ nice smooth lips that weren't that weren't hydrated but not chapped, either.
********************************************************************
I prefer the Yes To Carrots lip balm because it beats this one on every count! So this is a one time purchase for me!

on 3/30/2009 12:08:00 PM

Great lip balm, and not that expensive compared to the $25 stuff at Sephora that has more artificial ingredients. The smell is nice and not that strong, and the hint of color is great. It doesn't stay on long, but it's lip balm--easy to reapply. This is the only lip balm I've found that I like as well as regular Burt's and almost as well as the much more expensive Fresh Sugar (which does last much longer). I do wish they'd explain whether the ingredient "fragrance" is naturally or artificially made. Relative to regular Burt's Bees (peppermint) lip balm, this is a little smoother and less waxy. I prefer the pomegranate to the regular balm for everyday use, but I prefer the soothing peppermint in the regular balm for chapped lips.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It dries my lips T.T

i loooooove this lipbalm, seriously it makes my lips so soft not to mention its made of all natural ingredients which is brilliant. it looks really pretty on the skin too, makes it look healthy and supple, the color looks strong on the balm but its really sheer on the lips. At first i didnt like the smell like some of the reviewers here, but after a while i actually began to like it! i loove the smell now. this is a must buy. I dont know about other countries, but where i live its pretty pricey for a lipbalm. BUT I WOULD DEFFINATELY REPURCHASE. i dont think i can live wthout this stuff. its right up there next to cherry chapsticks.

on 3/24/2009 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my absolute favorite lip balms! The texture is so soft and smooth, the smell is fabulous (VERY subtle rosey/fruity scent), and it leaves a slight reddish tint to your lips. It comes in a tube so it is easy to apply on the go. It is SO much more hydrating and smoother to apply than the original Burt's Bees balm. I'd definitely recommend this to people who didn't like the original, since it is so much better.

Popular Lip Treatments