August 30, 2014 | 1809 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using klorane on my hair and I love it but it's pretty expensive at 25 bucks a can. I saw this reviewed on here and decided to give it a shot and it's actually pretty awesome! Not an overpowering smell, gives my hair body and takes away grease. I have thick hair and blow dry it straight so i tend to try to make my blow-outs last about 4 or 5 days and this stuff makes 4th or 5th day hair pretty clean again. And at about 7 bucks a can at sallys you really can't beat it. I tried the original, I'll probably try the other scent in the pink can next.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by PantherGurl21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased the Batiste Dry Shampoo in Original from Sally Beauty. I had read the reviews of this product online and wanted to try it out. My hair gets oily really fast and this product is my savior. When I spray the dry shampoo, my hair feels very light and automatically refreshed. You know when you wash your hair in the morning and at the end of the day it feels a little down but not dirty? Or how it feels the day after you wash your hair? That's exactly how this dry shampoo makes your hair feel. This product is a must for those who get oily scalps very fast. I paid $7.29 plus tax. Definitely worth the price compared to the more expensive ones. Plus it smells really nice and doesn't make me cough.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have hair that gets greasy fast (have to wash it daily), and this dry shampoo is a life saver! I can go 2-3 days without washing my hair when I use this. They have different scents, Tropical is my fave by far!
I buy 5 cans each time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by TheHybred

This is the first dry shampoo I have tried, and so far it has been working pretty well. I mainly use it to de-grease my bangs about every other day, between shampooing. I have the Blush one, and I don't like the smell. It's not horrible, but it smells a little strong. I wish this product sprayed out in a finer mist, but I will still repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh wow!! I have to say compared to Kloranes Dry Shampoo this is half the price and I love it!!! I have really blonde hair, and every other day I don't wash my hair I just spray throughout and brush away and ta da!! Super clean hair! Okay maybe not super clean, but it smells nice and the greasiness is gone!! I did have a chance to get their "tropical" scent which is great for summer, reminds me of coconuts and sun tan lotion but I like the original for the rest of the year. I have to say that since I use this A LOT the can doesn't last very long but at $10 per can at a local beauty supply place I think its worth it, hey its worth not getting up every morning and washing my hair! Okay Im not that lazy ha ha but I think this product is great for on the go in the hurry type situations or camping or anything. Definatley HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by rpatchell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HEART this stuff!!! I've tried it in the original scent and tropical and both work great. I think that the original scent gave me more volume than the tropical scent one for some reason. The trick I use is spraying it to my hair right before I got to bed and when I wake up all of the white residue has been absorbed or what have you and my hair looks and smells great! I have very fine hair and my roots get oily pretty fast, two days w/out washing tops... Now, w/ batiste in my life I can push it to five days w/out washing my hair and it looks great! Will absolutely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I would not be without this. My hair is fine with short (not super short) layers and I get a lot of highlights put into it to make it blond. I love the volume I have in my hair after I sleep on it and for years I washed it every morning because I wanted it to be clean but I would have to add so much product in the form of dry waxes and other volumizers to kind of get back what I woke up with. That's when I stumbled on a review of this on YouTube and I've never looked back. After my first day of normal wash and styling with Osis Dust It and Osis Mess Up, I just add 3 or 4 short sprays of this every morning and I can easily go 3 to 4 days without washing. It's actually a styling product for me because it breaks up my layers without any stringiness or greasiness. The secret for me is not to brush it out too much and only in alternating sections. It sounds complicated but it isn't. The bonus is, that the powder actually hides my darker roots quite well. I love, love, love this stuff. The only downside for me is that I can only get it in a few places and I end up paying $7.99 CDN but that doesn't stop me. I always have one on the go and two in back up. If you buy it, experiment with it because it can really add volume and life to fine hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in the tropical version which smells like coconut. I like this as I have quite dry, coarse hair which only looks soft and moisturised if I don't wash it for at least 3 days. Unfortunately, by the 3rd day, it's also getting a bit oily so this enables me to keep the overall soft look of my hair while hiding the obvious oily roots. I've used this up to 3 days in a row to keep the oily roots away and it works fine. The biggest drawback is that it leaves a fair bit of powdery residue which needs to be shaken or tousled out. The dry effect it leaves on my hair will only last a day at most (maybe it fades a bit earlier but I never really bother to check) so it's very temporary.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this at Sallys for under 5.00. I really like the Pink can more than the Green! the pink can is called Blush and the Green can is called Original! I really like that it does work and does make my hair smell good and it does take away most oil if done correctly!
I do mine at night and leave it on for acouple of mins to at the most one hour.Then i Brush it out with a natural boar bristle brush! Then in the morning if i think i still have oily hair then i repeat the same process! I give it 3 lippies only because it does if you do it too often it leaves your hair powdery and sometimes hard like you have hairspray!
Yes i will buy this product again but not use it as often once at night and not in the morning!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 4:42:00 AM More reviews by BlackCat13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall, this is the best dry shampoo I've tried thus far. I have dark, long, fine (but thick--lots of it) hair: the ends are dry, but my bangs and part get limp after a day, so dry shampoo has been a nice discovery.

Klorane lasted a bit longer on my hair and had a more subtle fragrance, but it also left more grey behind, and it's more than twice the price of Batiste. As for others I've tried, it was impossible to apply enough Jonathan Green Rootine, and either the powder or the brush made my scalp itch. The Pssst can leaked.

The fragrance in Batiste original is somewhat strong but relatively neutral and disappears quickly. It does a decent job with volume and an excellent job of taking the greasies out of my bangs and around my part. So far, I've had no problems whatsoever with the can.

And the price is right at Sally's Beauty Supply.