Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 12/13/2010 11:27:00 AM

Of all the dry shampoo products I've used (Oscar Blandi, "New" Pssst, Tre Semme, baby powder) this is BY FAR my favorite, and believe my when I say that I WANT to like every dry shampoo (they're such a lifesaver when you're in a pinch). My hair is naturally straight and blonde (leaning toward "dishwater" blonde the older I get)--it doesn't take long for it to look flat and greasy. Batiste does a great job of giving my hair a pick-me-up when I just don't have time to rewash and blow it out.
I like the spray application and the good, even coverage it provides (definitely better the the Oscar Blandi powder). I've also never had a problem with the nozzle clogging. Spray it on, wait a minute, brush, and VAVOOM--Brigitte Bardot hair!
In the interest of full disclosure, I think this product deserves 4.5 lippies instead of 5. The fragrance is a bit STRONG and perfumey, and it tends to linger. That being said, the ingredients seem to be gentle on my sensitive scalp.

on 12/5/2010 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have really thick coarse frizzy highlighted bleached hair & I can't afford to wash it a lot (not even every other day). I do use a lot of hair products like hair masks & heat protectants that leave my hair smooth and shiny. This product is a life saver. My roots get so greasy andnasty and it takes forever to wash and then blow dry my hair. My ends are dry so I try to protect my hair as much as I can. I part my hair into sections and then use my fingers and then comb through and whola. My hair looks just as good as if barely washed and it gives me volume. I luv luv luv

on 11/9/2010 1:15:00 PM

I am writing this review after trying Batiste (Original) for the first time. I am already in love. I thought I would never to able to be one of those people who are lucky enough to not have to wash and style their hair daily. I think I'll finally be able to be one of them now! I washed my hair yesterday morning, and inevitably today my hair is a little greasy. A few sprays of this along the roots, a little rub of the fingers on my scalp and a quick brush through made my hair look as if I just washed and blow dried my hair. It looks and smells fresh. Amazing product :)

EDIT 12/17/10: Still loving this product. Highly recommend!

on 11/5/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I tried this in original and didnt like the smell so I got it in Blush and love it! smells very fresh and pretty! I like to spray this on days where my roots are oily and no time to wash. It does a great job on soaking up the oils, also ads a little volume. I love that you can spray it exactly where you want it, and it doesnt leave a white reside on my brown hair. Ive tried oscar blondi pronto, which is good too but this one is much cheaper and does the same job! 5 *****!

on 11/3/2010 4:29:00 PM

Does the job for a short period of time but makes my hair dull and has an overpowering, long lasting perfumey smell.

on 11/3/2010 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Does the job, whenever i have hair that needs washing but am running out of time i spray it on lightly and then pat hair for a minute. No whites, and it kind of blots excess oil from hair. Could improve on the smell but im not complaining!
Bought it from Boots in London and i remember it was under 3 pounds.

on 10/29/2010 2:33:00 PM

PROS: Works so well. I spray at roots only and then tap with my hands to sort of work in. Absorbs excess oil well. As long as I tap it where I've sprayed, it doesn't leave white powdery film like others do (my root area is med. brown.)

CONS: Smell could be better (original), but it's tolerable. The tropical is just too weird to have sun tan oil smell with hair, IMO. This does run out quick, so I buy at least two cans when I got to Sally's Beauty Supply. Does leave just the lightest film of powder, but when I tap it in, it goes away easily and quickly.

APPLICATION TIPS: I only spray at the roots cause that's where I need it. ;-)

ALTERNATES: Have now found Suave's dry shampoo to be superior to this in having a lot less white residue and the smell is better.

on 10/28/2010 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

i am so astounded with this product! inexpensive & works much better than any other dry shampoos i've used, including high end. background; i colour my hair bright red with a semi-perm colour. red fades FAST. i generally, really only wash my hair in the shower with water/shampoo once a week. now, working 5 days a week with the public means i can't really look like i don't bathe. my hair gets oily quick because i have ocd with running my hands through my hair & flipping it, hahah it's lame, i know. so my hair gets dirty faster than it should. this is where dry shampoo saves my life. just a couple quick sprays to my roots, rub it all in then brush it through & i'm good to go. now, this doesn't make my hair look like it's just been washed clean, but it definitely makes it look clean. i got this at ulta, buy one get one free plus each can came with a travel sized can. i keep one in my car & one in my locker at work. LOVE this stuff, will always repurchase.

on 10/28/2010 7:36:00 PM

This stuff is FABULOUS! I am on my third can! It's perfect for when you wake up with second day hair and no time to wash. I only use the "Blush" scent which smells amazing! (reminds me of Michael Kors EDP). I have tried 2 other dry Shampoos and they have left my Brunette hair looking dusty and white. But after spraying Batiste, massaging it into my roots and brushing it through there is no sign of it..You're just left with fresh, yummy smelling hair :) It also adds a little bit a volume which is always welcome in my book! This is an HG product of mine and I very highly recommend it!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Great product. I know I could probably get the same effect with talc powder and some body spray but this is just convenience in a can.
I take it on all trips with me, I have it on my drawers.
I like to wear my hair down a lot but don't want to damage it by washing it too much. This is great for in between washes to freshen up your hair.
Ladies with dark hair, you can also get this in brown and black so it doesn't show up!
Have been continuing to repurchase in all different fragrances. I particularly like the tropical and diva fragrances.

Top Rated Batiste Products