Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 8/15/2010 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

LOVE THIS!!! This product works GREAT. I've tried Ojon...didn't like it. Tried various powders...didn't do a thing. I have very fine, curly hair...oily skin. I'm not one of these girls who wake up looking "cutely tousled". I'm a wreck..lol. I'm trying not to wash my hair everyday. #1 to preserve/prolong color that I spend a lot on, #2 to save on my spendy Purelogy shampoo/conditioner, #3 was told by multiple hairdressers that my scalp wouldn't produce as much oil if I didn't wash everyday..but I HATE oily head smell and greasy hair look/feel. Since using this product, I can easily pull off not washing my hair for a day and look great..even 2 days but 3 is pushing it but might be able to get away with it. It takes out any oily looking spots and smell. Right now, I have this in original and not too crazy about the scent...smells "grandma-ish" but not too bad. I want to try tropical next. Just use it lightly otherwise it can cast a powdery look...not a good look if you have dark hair. I don't think anyone wants to look like "Nana" lol. Update: of all the scents...tropical is definitely the best. If you want to spend the extra $. Klorane is absolutely fantastic (great performance/fresh, soft scent...no chemical smell).

The short story is that the product works exactly as described and as I had hoped it would. I like it very much. The long version of my review follows...

I'm on my second can of this product and here's my story:

I have wavy-ish medium length dark blonde totally virgin hair. I can't go more than one day without shampooing; greasy, nasty, smelly hair. I know it's bad to wash every day but...greasy, nasty, smelly hair and all...

I read about this product on a relatively new hair blog that I like very much (hdofblog.com for those interested).

I'm not thrilled with the list of ingredients:
Butane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Propane, Alcohol Denatured, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride

Butane? Distearyablahblahblahlongword? I'm uncertain of the toxicity of these chemicals.

But!

It works. It worked really, really well for me.

My process is this:
I shake, shake, shake the can and spray in short bursts a few inches away from my scalp. I try to hit the actual roots by parting a section then spraying in the part. It does get white/grayish. I let it sit for a minute or two then rub with my fingertips and brush out a little. After the rubbing/brushing, there is no visible white/gray residue.

It has consistently yielded silky, delicious smelling hair with the appearance of having been freshly shampooed and styled. To put it into perspective, here is a scenario from today. Yesterday, I washed my hair then blow dried and flat ironed it straight. I slept on said styled hair and this morning enjoyed a rather rigorous boot camp class. Now, this class was held outdoors in the heat and sun of late July. It was approximately 90 minutes of crossfit/strengh/cardio/core exercise ending with a bit of inspired yoga. To say that I was damp with sweat would be a gross understatement. After the class, I took a shower but did not shampoo. The boot camp-affected hair was, not surprisingly, greasy, nasty, and quite smelly. After a few shots with the hair dryer (just to eliminate any residual "dampness"), I followed the above procedure. The style remains void of any greasiness, nastiness, or funky scalp smells.

I should also mention that I've tried Lulu Organics Hair Powder and the Treseme dry shampoo. The Lulu Hair Powder was not enough to help with second day hair but is a valuable asset in other avenues such as creating a little volume and texture. Treseme...ooh la no. Disgusting results.

The Batiste Original scent is a somewhat artificial lemony fragrance. It's not horrible or wonderful. I cannot comment on the Blush scent as of yet.

The can is rather small for the price (I paid 6.99 USD at my local beauty supply store). The first one I purchased lasted about four weeks with conservative use. Eh.

All in all, I highly recommend the Batiste Dry Shampoo.

on 7/28/2010 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the first dry shampoo I have ever tried. Lately I have been trying to not wash my hair everyday or every other day. My hair gets oily the third day between washing, so I thought that trying a dry shampoo would help. It does get all of the oil out. So it serves it purpose. My only con is that it seems like it will run out fast. I've only used it once but it seems like there is a good bit of product gone. I will update how many uses I get out of it once I use the whole bottle up. But it is cheap, so I will buy it again.

on 7/24/2010 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have this in Tropical and I love the scent. Coconut-ish? Yum.

I really like this dry shampoo over others I've tried (f.ex. Toni & Guy) just because I can actually see my hair getting fresher and ''cleaner'' right then and there. It's also great for adding some volume to my straight hair.

It does have a lot of white/gray residue, but I just comb lightly through it and you can't even see it on my dark hair afterwards. Love it!

on 7/22/2010 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in "Blush" and I love the scent, though I have had some people complain about how it smells when first sprayed out of the bottle. I don't find that it bothers me though. It is a fairly good dry shampoo, though the bottle is quite small for the price.

on 7/21/2010 6:40:00 PM

Great dry shampoo, but it takes awhile to get the hang of it. Spray too close and you'll get gray roots, spray too far and it won't do much. I will update if I find something that's is simpler to use and lasts longer!

on 7/17/2010 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I will buy this stuff again and again and again. It has been a lifesaver on all those mornings when I roll out of bed and go... Ohhh noes! and have to scramble to get my act together quick fast and in a hurry. I spray this stuff in pretty generously. Flip my hair over. Brush brush brush. Out the door looking (and smelling) like Iím freshly shampooed, hair dried, and styled. Amazing. Iíve tried a bunch of other dry shampoos ranging from Oscar Blandi to Psssst and this one is my favorite. I like the Blush scent the best.

on 7/16/2010 4:27:00 PM

I like this...i'm not too crazy about the blush scent (the only one i could find) it's a little perfumy for my taste, but this stuff does what it says...absorbs oil, gives my hair tons of volume, and gets me through a day of not washing. If i even miss one day of not washing my hair, it gets very greasy, and this stuff does the trick...would buy again...

Recently bought this. Used it for 2 days. Got 4 days out of not washing my hair! Brilliant and LOVE it!

on 7/14/2010 1:44:00 PM

I am in love :) I have the kind of hair that must be washed daily or else it looks sooo greasy! Even if I shower at night my hair is looking yucky by like 7pm the next day !! This dry shampoo has totally changed that! I spray this on my second day hair when i wake up, I kind of rub it in then use my 100% natural boar bristle brush to brush it in an take away the whiteness. It literally makes my hair look like it was just washed and blow dried! It is a little expensive for such a small bottle but it saves me so much time not having to wash blow dry and straighten my hair every single day! I got mine from sallys beauty supply for like 6.99 with my sallys card

Top Rated Batiste Products