October 23, 2014 | 1941 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by LoveJen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great color and all but the shine not only highlights my skin but also its flaws. This color showed all of my pores which was very unattractive but from a distance, it gives a nice glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by sed_non_satiata

I absolutely adore this highlighter. I've never had brilliant skin and in the past, I've definitely had a few bad experiences with highlighter. Not this one - it gives me enough glow and adds dimension to my face, but without giving the impression that my skin is oily. It adds a sort of "soft-focus-glow" to my face, which is a lot more than I can say for most products. This is definitely a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2007 10:48:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

This is a wonderful highlighter on my NC25 skin. I tested it using my fingers on the back of my hand, it looks very shimmery, however, applied with s kabuki on the tops of the cheeks it creates a light glowy effect - not shimmery at all. I would imagine it works with most skintones - there's no shimmer at all when blended well. It's also different to most other highlighters, which are usually pearly or shimmery white/pink. Will repurchase. UPDATE: I've discovered that this is useful for toning down over-applied blush - especially anything too blue-toned.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Flospy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Perfect highlighter with microfine shimmer particles that give a luminous glow. I brushed some over my cheekbones at Sephora for fun, not intending to buy it. But when I left the store and caught my reflection in a mirror, I had to run back and buy it right then. It was that good. I like to use just a little over the tops of the cheeckbones (not too close to eye or it will get into the little wrinkles around the edge of the eye and look crepey). Also works for me as a browbone highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 11:13:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Albatross is sheer, subtle, and oh-so-luminous - it's a shimmery yellow white in its pan that may scare off some, but it transforms to an ethereal golden glow on the face, regardless of skintone. I'm so much happier with this than with any Shimmerbrick, Skinlight, or Magic product; it's the finishing product that I'll always have on hand!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really pretty color.I've been using this color non stop since getting it!!!! it gives my face such a pretty goldy glow!! i love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i've looked for that perfect pearly light highlighter to achieve a healthy glow. i love this product! i've used it on myself, as well as my models, the light hits this blush in such a beautiful way once on the cheeksbones. love it!
better than any other liquid or loose powder mess

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2007 12:41:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I love the name of this--reminds me of Captain Ahab/ Moby Dick. Always think of doom and gloom and big mean ugly birds when I hear "Albatross", not this lovely shimmery product, LOL. THis is a nice hightlighter--it's subtle. I swipe it across my cheekbones for a glowy effect. Much more subtle than the other highlighters I own (BB Shimmerbrick & Benefit High Beam). This is a versatile product that I use daily--on cheekbones & browbones. Only 4 lippies because it isn't a product that really stands out IMO. Nice texture and effect, but not Holy Grail by any means. I think I could still do better. Probably will try something different when I've used this up rather than repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this as a highlighter and eyeshadow. Such an ethereal color that suits most skin tones and has micro-shimmer instead of big chunks of glitter. I even use it over other blushes and bronzers to bring my cheeks out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 7:06:00 AM More reviews by meandering

NARS Albatross is the perfect highlighter. I usually shun away from bronzers, highlighters, and other contouring aids b/c it all just seems too complicated and time-consuming. However, Albatross is fool proof. It gives a subtle luminosity, not over-the-top at all. It's the perfect glow.

EDIT 2/2/08: I have since found a new HG - MAC Accentuate/Sculpt Sculpt and Shape Powder. The highlighter shade is a pinky-beige version of Albatross which I find more wearable for everyday. I'm not changing my rating as Albatross is still an excellent highlighter.