Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 11/24/2007 2:13:00 PM

i got this almost a year ago because i started to have blemishes here and there and i wanted something to cover up...i use it with the green concealer stick and it was amazing.

i got the translucent medium and it matched my skin pretty well...and i will definitely repurchase:) but i guess it won't be anytime soon since one bottle lasts forever!

on 11/17/2007 5:03:00 PM

I overall like this product a lot! It has taken me too long to find a good cover-up that matched my skin tone EXACTLY. A lot of times, the colors are a little off no matter which one I try. However, this blends in so well with my skin, and the coverage is perfect. I have fairly dry skin and rose patches on my cheeks and near my jaw line, and it covers them completely. What's great is that it's buildable. I can control how much coverage I want depending on how my skin is acting that day. I find that it doesn't look cake-like or have that fake look most of us hate.

Two things I think need improving however is the container and the brush. The brush flat out hurts. It can be really scratchy and hurt the more sensitive skin like my forehead and around my eyes. Until this gets resolved, use a different brush of your own, unless you can withstand some of the pain. The other problem is the container. I do like the concept of concealing everything in the one small container (brush), however, when you use it, the fact that you have to pull the brush out, lift open the flap, pray that no powder comes flying out (what a waste), and then try to shake out the powder into the lid. When you do this, make sure you hold the lid as close and as tight as you can to the powder half so that none falls out. Since the brush is tiny, it is difficult to hold the brush a swirl the powder into the bristles because since the lid has high walls, your fingers tend to get in the way and all you do is smack the sides the whole time. With this, try working off the sides more rather than the middle.

on 11/8/2007 8:34:00 PM

I LOVE this mineral powder. It is an excellent concealer and foundation. Depending on how you apply it - it will be a nice, light finish or heavier coverage for those really bad skin days. It doesn't have too much sheen (no mica?) like other mineral foundations (L'Oreal, Alima), and it really blends nicely becoming a second, smooth skin.

Amazingly, it has staying power even in humidity and heat. It does not slip away like L'Oreal did for me. Also, my skin literally improved after using this mineral makeup regularly. Less congestion, less zits. Finally, it really does a nice job of toning down redness or naturally evening out skin tone. I will definitely buy again. (The mineral veil is awesome and so are the blushes & eyeshadow. PF is a majorly underrated brand and I love their products.)

on 11/6/2007 6:23:00 PM

I love this product, it covers the redness and zits on my face. Even though its a powder I use it as a foundation. Just a little moisturizer before application and I'm good to go. Its long lasting and doesn't break me out and reduces the shine. Its been about six months since I've brought it and it still looks like I haven't used it at all. Its definitively worth the price I got it on sale at walgreens for under ten bucks, but I'd pay more for it. Its a perfect match for my skin tone too! The only thing is that it doesn't cover under eye circles well and the brush is a bit stiff but I can deal with that.

on 11/5/2007 6:44:00 AM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!! I would have given this 5 stars all the way if it weren't for that horrible brush on top. I just saw this in the shelf at K-Mart and bought it. I am SO glad I did. I bought the "Matte Finishing Veil" in Translucent and BOY what a difference! I'm 64 and look much younger. But, I have to use foundation because of being a sun worshiper before they told us we shouldn't. So foundation is a must. But I haven't been able to find the right loose powder for a while because it just LOOKED like I had power on rather than giving me a nice finish to keep my foundation from making my face look shiney. Well....this one DOES just that. I was SO happy when I first used it. Boy what a difference from my old loose powder. It didn't even look like I had any on.....it just gave that undetectable finish to my face that I needed and did NOT gather under my eyes like my old powder tended to do. A little goes a long way and, like the others posted here, that brush on top is useless. I threw it away....too stiff, the powder wouldn't squeeze down into the brush and just shouldn't even be packaged with it. I'm sure I paid for that. Next time I will just get the powder itself without the brush. But, unless there's something else better out there that I find, this will be MY powder from now on.

on 10/26/2007 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using the light shade of this daily for about a week now. After much agitation and PAIN I decided to stop using the harsh brush it came with. I am now using a larger soft kabuki brush - much better. The powder covers nicely, and looks very natural. However, I thought there was going to be more coverage. I use some concealer and moisturizer before I apply, so my face looks flawless. I am slightly irritated with the packaging, trying to shake enough powder out I usually end up wasting it. I like mineral makeup, I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive. I'm lucky I got this on sale for $8 I wouldn't buy again unless it was on sale.
Update! added another lippie - this stuff is great, I haven't broken out since I've used it! I love it, and it looks so natural. Definately reccomend!

on 10/23/2007 2:18:00 PM

I got this in translucent medium and it is a perfect match. I was surprised since I usually need to use light to fair in other powders. I use this in the summer time when I want to cover up my blemishes without using a liquid foundation. It is very light, gives great coverage and it looks like I'm not wearing any makeup. I took off a lippie because the brush is too small and rough. Just toss the brush and use your own. Other than that it is a great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this product is great for acne prone, oily, sensitive skins! i could only find three shades available in Oz: Light translucent, medium translucent and creamy natural. i got medium natural, which was a bit too light for my slightly tanned skin tone, but that was ok coz i could just brush bronzer on top.
the coverage was sheer and felt really really light1 usually wen i wear liquid foundation i majorly start breaking out, it feels like a mask and starts melting or fading within a few hours, but surprisingly this lasted all through school. my skin look naturally flawless and i'm pleased with the product. however, because of the limited colour range i wont buy it agian. i'm try the PF's pressed mineral powder next instead.

on 10/21/2007 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this powder a lot. Some times I wear it alone, other days I wear it over a tinted moisturizer. It provides very light coverage , enough to cover a bit of redness and even out skin tone. I imagine that it would last quite a while, so it is a good deal for the money. I don't use the brush that comes with it. I feel that it is too small. Other than that a great product.

This is a good mineral loose powder and for the price you can't go wrong. I've been using it for around two months. It provides a medium to light coverage and it lasts all day (I have combination dry skin). I use the sand beige color I'm a LOLA with medium/light skin and both yellow and pink undertones. If you want to try mineral powders you may want to give this a try. I recently switched to the Cover FX new mineral foundation since their mineral are known to be more pure, but I have no problems in using both. Would recommend.