April 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by mikayyy

The first time I used this, I loved it! I buffed it onto my skin and my skin looked great. However, as the day wore on, I became unbelievably oily (which isn't normal for me) and when I looked at my reflection of the mirror in broad sunlight, you could totally see the powder on my face!
With all the positive reviews, I really wanted to like this powder so I tried again a couple times. No matter what I did, it was so obvious I had powder on, and later it started irritating my face with little bumps and redness (the included brush didn't help either). Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Kammers10

I LOVE this powder! Being over 40, I have to be careful with powders, I bought Sally Hansen Mineral Pressed Powder (for aging skin) and it was DRYING. So, I was afraid THIS would be too trying, it was a gift, I LOVE it! The light is a little light for me, but applies evenly, sheer, wears well, and my skin actually FEELS better! So thanks mom, I had given up on mineral powders!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by bowhuntergirl

Pros: This product is essentially the same mineral make up sold by Bare Escentuals, but for much cheaper. It gives better, natural looking coverage compared to Cover Girl's Simply Powder make up (the make up I have been using for over a year). I haven't seen much improvement in my acne prone skin, but I have only been using this product for a week.

Cons: The makeup looks flawless and wonderful for a few hours. If you have super oily skin like I do, it won't stay perfect looking. The opposite happens. My face looks cakey, shiny, and overdone. In fairness to the product, I believe the same thing would happen with any mineral make up. Indeed, it happened with BE. I was told that using a good moisturizer daily will help reduce the flow of sebum. I just started with Eucerin's Sensitive skin anti wrinkle cream today. Hopefully it will help my make up stay natural looking for a longer period of time. The brush that comes with the make up is too stiff for my sensitive skin. You are better off investing in a high quality soft brush and throwing the original in the garbage. The container shape is narrow. I like a shallow wide based container because it is less messy. I use the dome shaped lid to dip my brush in to avoid wasting the powder.

Final Word: It's the best make up I have found to date and will buy it again. I recommend the mineral veil to complete the look. Without it, large pores are more apparent.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by britneyholthouser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was cleaning out my makeup bag the other day and found this product. It was still full, and although I could remember buying it I couldn't remember why I had stopped using it- that was until I put it on. After just one day of wearing this powder my pores were SO clogged. I am still recovering. I should add that I have sensitive skin which is prone to clogging and breakouts. So maybe this is only for people without sensitive skin. This is the only "mineral" makeup to ever do this to my face. Now I remember why I stopped using it in the first place!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by jamie_2101

This is dry, mind you, and I have combination, dry-ish skin, so it shouldn't be able work that well. However, if I put on a few drops of jojoba oil on my moisturizer, applying it on, waiting for half an hour or so, and then put on this loose powder, it really covers quite well, as well as making the skin tone more even. Also, it hides freckles quite good ( i have some on my upper cheers) I do put on some concealer before it, but the powder itself is very sheer. The only thing I didn't like about it is the hard brush and the packaging. Either then that, it's quite fine. This doesn't make me break out (not yet anyways :P) The powder itself wasn't expensive at all, around 11 CAD (but it was on sale in shoppers, normal pricing is 15ish, so stock up!!) I would recommend this to a person with slightly oilier skin, as this is an pretty awesome powder. No flakiness, and lasts all day, so yep, definitely my HG for now! XD

Edit (January 24, 2008): A while ago I found out my skin was getting increasingly dry during the winter season. Apparently, with my dry skin + moisturizer + winter + mineral makeup + time = shine + large pores (magnified by the makeup), which wasn't at all that great. Dry skin users might consider using liquid foundation, as I am currently using maybelline pure liquid foundation, which lasts long and seems to moisturize my skin; if not, at least my pores arent large and my skin shiny. But I'll definitely re-use this loose powder when it gets warmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 1:57:00 PM More reviews by krcvrly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. Great coverage, smooth skin, easy to apply. I don't have that 'caked on' feeling like with most foundations. I cringe at the thought of putting goop liquid foundation on my face now, I'm so used to the light smooth feeling of this powder. Everyone seems to dislike the little brush, but I like it!!! I reserve my large fluffy brushes for blush, I like how the stiffer bristles let me get the coverage I want. Otherwise, when I use a big fluffy brush, the coverage isn't as good and I need to use more product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Sheyhey

Love, love, LOVE this product. I have really oily, blotchy, acne prone skin-- so forever i was using products that were hypoallergenic and oil free, and blah blah blah. I settled for almay line smoothing for a long time, im so oily that it would collect in my smile lines, around my nose, and in the middle of my forehead. Every 5 minutes i was in the bathroom rubbing it back in!! I even used oil blotting sheets, and Dr. Feelgood to fill in my pores and smile lines... Still an issue. This powder is PERFECT. I had been interested in mineral foundations for awhile, but found them too expensive. I happened across this in Target for only 9$ and figured id give it a try. HG! For as blotchy as i am i dont like to look too made up, and this was amazing. All day long, through sweat, and oil this looked flawless. No crevice collecting, no blotchiness, no breakouts. And it felt like i was wearing nothing at all. If you have difficult skin to find foundation for, give this a try--at less than 10$ its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2007 1:28:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG alert! With my sensitive, acne-prone, hard-to-color-match PPP skin, I've been looking for a great foundation for years. The mineral ones always intrigued me, but I really hated the shine of BE and Philosophy (ie the bismouth oxychloride) and it always made a big mess. Well, I finally found one that DOESN'T have any shine (none of that horrible bismouth stuff) and that I can apply without a mess. I use the top of the dome packaging as a bowl to infuse the brush (not the one it came with, but I use that for touch-ups) and to tap off the excess. It works great and doesn't get all over the place! As for the formulation, this powder is by far the best I've tried. Not only no shine, but long-lasting very natural but buildable coverage. I use a concealer brush to get my "spots" that need a little extra and this makes me look perfect!

I am so happy to have found a good HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 5:52:00 PM More reviews by tg85

Great great great! This is the best powder I have ever used! I have been looking for a powder like this for so long, I have tried everything from chanel, laura mercier, shiseido, to loreal, literally everything! Finally, a powder that has great coverage, doesn't fade away or come off in a few hours. Until you take it off with a make up remover, it stays there just where you put it. If you want light coverage, you can lightly dust it or you can have maximum coverage if you layer a few times and it never shows. It doesn't even look like you are wearing makeup. I wish I have tried this before. All that money and effort and I have a cupboard of useless powders. I have stopped using everything else, no more tinted mousturizers, foundation. I just apply moisturizer and then this, and you look perfect for hours and hours. I have tried this in unbelievably hot water and I was expecting it to come down with sweat but it didn't, not at all. This is THE perfect powder. I have told my friends to use it and everyone is so in love with it. And also, my skin is prone to breakouts too and I haven't had them since I have started using this. But don't use the brush that comes in the package, I think the bristles are too harsh, use your regular bronzer powder. It looks matte, perfect and natural, I couldn't ask for more. I swear by this product, I highly recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't say this is the best b/c it is the first Mineral makeup I've ever used. I use it in place of foundation and sometimes concealer too. My experience with the product has been alright, even good, with some not-so-sureness thrown in. I think the packaging is all right - there's a domed lid that comes off, then the stubby brush sits in a little plastic cradle which swings open exposing the powder holes. I hold open the plastic cradle and tap the powder into the domed lid and then fluff my big powder brush in, tamp off, then apply in circles - worked great. I got the Buff - a very appealing shade and it works perfectly with my skin tone - so that's great. I did notice that it didn't seem to last all day and I definitely got a shine break through. But it did look really good going on - covered well, making my skin look soft and even, but like natural skin, and with just enough dewiness - not powder dry. One time I saw myself in a mirror and the little smile lines under my eyes looked crepey like the powder was sitting in the lines - not so great. One afternoon I pulled open the cradle to capture some powder on my brush but didn't notice that the whole entire plastic unit came out and without looking I plunged my brush into the entire open jar of powder! WHAT A MESS!! It billows and gets everywhere and sticks to everything and it was pretty much impossible to control the mess (you make it worse as soon as you touch it) and it didn't clean up completely - I can still see it in my carpet. So that wasn't so good. Then I was getting tired of being greasy by the afternoons so I began doing a heavier application and began using the stubby little brush that comes with it - and actually I'm getting better results when I virtually 'cake' it on - ugh that doesn't sound very good! But I just give my face a small spritz of mineral water afterward and it sets and seems to last all day. When I 'check in' I'm pretty satisfied with the results - I still get shiny (forever I guess) but it doesn't look blotchy, tired or slick - just shiny moist and the colour stays true. I keep using it so I must like it! Oh yeah, I did get a small breakout on my chin (I virtually never do) and it happened right after I first tried it - wondered if it was this stuff. And it has happened again to varying degrees of annoyance off and on - but I don't know if it's this or a new AHA face cream. I thought this stuff wasn't supposed to clog pours? Before this I just used babypowder and it worked great and no clogged pores, no breakouts.