April 19, 2014 | 1870 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by pimmy5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I brought this product off the internet ( normally £22 but got it for 14 something) so i thought i should it a try since it's cheaper than in stores,
When i 1st got it, i didn't know if it would be too dark or light for my skin ( i got shade 3) when i 1st put it on it seemed a little too light so i had to mix a tiniest bit of foundation with it but as i kept using it it just seemed to blend really well without having to mix it.
I also tried taking a photo with flash with one eye having the concealer on and the other one without and the difference was amazing!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by sionsion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

An expensive sort-of useless product. It is a lovely colour and perhaps it would be good to have a sheer foundation in this colour. However Touche Eclat hardly makes a difference to skin tone at all and it is impractically thin (almost invisible). It is nice to put inbetween the lips and chin and in the creases at the side of the nose, but that's all it is useful for- and at the price of £22 ($44 approx)?

The parts of your skin that you can use this on will have to be unblemished enough for you not to have to put concealer on. Therefore, for the silly price, surely it is better to let them go natural?

Also, the application brush is difficult to clean and you end up wasting the expensive touche eclat as you clean it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Nixxi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been wearing this on and off since it was launched and it is only now that I really appreciate Touche Eclat. If you'd have asked me two weeks ago I would have said it was useless and a waste of money. I rediscovered my 'pen' after putting it in another makeup bag and wondered whether it would enhance my Cle de Peau concealer. I applied a little over the concealer and set it with Laura Mercier Secret Brightneing Powder and the results - WOW! I'm really impressed, I did a half face challenge and there was a visible difference - even my husband noticed and 3 hours later I'm still impressed! I will definitely re-purchase this. EDIT: Since I wrote this review I've discovered Givenchy Mister Light Corrective Pen which is sooo much better than this. I will never purchase another Touche Eclat again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2007 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Lesity

First of all, I love all the packages of YSL coz they're excellent. Radiant Touch is my first product of YSL and it really made me become a fan. It's light and able to brighten the discolored area such as nosewings and corners of the mouth without heavy makeup. Most of the time I carry it with me as a mini foundation with which I can fix makeup easily. But the only problem is you gotta clean the brush real good after application or else it smells like dog sh*t. XD Good product, worth buying, and it's not so expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm allergic to this and had to return it. My skin started to ich after a few hours and then i got a rash that would not go away in like 3 dayes (even though I did not use it in those days). i hate this product. I also know that a some of my friends get really dry skin around their eyes from this, so it's not good for your skin. To much perfume also!

I do love Guerlain Perfect Light Smoothing Illuminator:) It's the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 2:50:00 AM More reviews by polyestergirl

Love the product, hate the packaging. The brush is horrid to use, and can get a bit smelly/funky, I clean it after every use using cliniques make up brush spray but it still has a smell. The product, cannot be beat, I have tried other top end brands version, but nothing compares to the effect this product has. Also one last gripe is that you never know when you are going to run out, so in the middle of application you can find yourself stuck!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by obie1

Love this product. When my skin is behaving(80% of the time) I can get away with wearing just this and mascara for a natural look. Not a true concealer but a highlighter which reflects light away from any dark circles. Do not use on spots it won't do anything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 1:24:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While vacationing recently in the south of France, I noticed that other than subtly brightening the under eye area with products such as TE, chic Frenchwomen seem to do very little to try to hide their under eye bags/shadows. Yet, they still look good. Granted, they smoke and don't cover up in the strong Cote d'Azur sun, so although their skin is otherwise well cared for, their faces can be quite lined: Most seem to have under eye issues. STILL, they look great in their slim cut, chic clothing and minimal makeup. Since most do wear sunglasses, the under eye area tends to be a bit lighter than the rest of their lightly tanned skin. They looked so great and unencumbered by layers of fake (or natural for that matter) looking concealer that I've packed all my Bobbi Brown correcters and concealers away and will now try just brightening the area a bit with the peach colored TE#3. I hereby revolt and liberate myself from the settlesinthefinelinesmakesmymascaraand linersmudgeneedssettingwithpowderandfrequenttouchups
tyranny of under eye concealer! No more goopy yellow concealer to correct purple or blue under eye shadows--think about it--yellow + blue = green, and yellow + purple = gray! As for peach or bisque corrector? TWO layers of goop to fix the fact that the yellow concealer doesn't work? More $$$ for Bobbi, more time (and goop) for me to apply. No more loose yellow powder to set concealer that gets in my eyes and irritates them all day! Luv ya Bobbi, but peachy/salmony, sheer TE3 brightener is my new HG. Giorgio Armani Master Correcter in Apricot is a similar, excellent product that provides a little more coverage but less luminosity. Please note that TE #3 will oxidize and darken slightly within a minute or so of putting it on.

PS-To keep the TE applicator brush fresh, I wipe the applicator after each use with a tissue or cotton pad soaked with rubbing alcohol.

29 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Le Touche d'Éclat is one of those items I wanted to love. My mother wears it and there's something mystical about that golden pen, a bit of elegance and you can sneak it anywhere (even my jeans pocket when I go out), however there are thorns in this rose, yes it's fluid and you can apply it over makeup and powder but longwear... nope, also I think it enhances the fine lines under my eyes a LOT more than if I put nothing on and it also gives a gray/green tint to my circles after a couple of hours. I prefer La Prairie's a lot more.
The only reason I didn't give it 2 lippies is because it's a wonderful highlighter for your nose bridge and lip area. I prefer the older shades from many years ago, they would double as concealer and highlighters and now you can only use it as the later.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by mibrola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I snatched one of these on Ebay from all the MUA reviews but was some what dissapointed. The color match was decent and it smells nice, is packaged well. But the actual product is a cross between a highlighter and concealer and some how it just does a half assed job of both duties. It's too thin to be a decent concealer and too matte to be a good highlighter. I initially used it to lighten and even areas under my eyes and nose but now I've gone back to using concealer because I can tell after I have lived or sweat at all it immediately runs off. Not worth the pricetag.