August 28, 2014 | 1514 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 11:45:00 PM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think I really like this stuff. I've been using the clean and clear astringent faithfully for years, so i was hesitant to try anything new. My skin is VERY oily, and I was wondering if the harsh c/c toner and benzo cream was to blame. I mixed 1 part acv to water and have been using it at night after I wash my face. I then apply the c.c benzoperoxide cream. I noticed right away how soft my skin was. Also when I wake up in the morning my skin is usually an oil slick, it's not at all now. I've been using it for two days and am already seeing a difference. My one blemish is gone, my pores seem smaller, and my skin isn't as oily by the end of the day. I'm going to apply it in the morning and see how it works under makeup. So far it's working well, and I can deal with the smell if it has good results. I'm also taking a teaspoon straight before meals as this is supposed to help skin too. My next venture is to use it on my hair. No one will want to come near me with all this vinegar i'm taking!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

I have very oily skin with large pores and acne on my T zone. Oddly they've gotten worse with age. I've spent thousands on prescriptions, cream, AHA, retinalA hoping to stop the acne and remedy my large pores/discoloration. While AHA made my skin smooth, my extremely oily skin broke out from all of them whenever used more than once a month. After reading about this on MUA for years, I finally gave in and decided to give this a try. I keep all my skincare routine the same except to replace my night time toner with ACV toner. I haven't noticed my huge pores smaller yet (they're unshrinkable), but my skin is MUCH smoother and the pores on my cheek seem to have stopped expanding. And so far, no break out! I am still in denial that I can't use any commercial AHA products but have had no problem using something made from a bottle of supermarket condiment. But I am pleasantly surprised by the result and will continue. BTW Thanks to some MUA reviewers warning on skin irritation, I decided to start with a 5:1 dilution (5 part distilled water to one part ACV). The smell is not bad with such dilution. I may up the ratio of ACV after a few month to see if it will help my pores more.
EDIT 6/20/2011: The strongest dilution I went for was 4:1 (4 part distilled water). However, my skin seemed to have grown accustomed to ACV so I switched to some Glycolic and Salicylic acid products for better result. I am still using ACV toner on my scalp with great result.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 12:07:00 PM More reviews by JudithF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews I had to try this! I used 1 cup of ACV, 2 teaspoons of honey, and 1 cup of strong tea (I used green tea and Chamomile).
The scent is not as bad as it sounds. Well atleast it didnt bother me. My husband says he can only smell a tad bit of the vinegar when he sticks his nose on my face. But when just at regular distance he cant smell anything.
So anyway, I've been using this for 3 days now...and although its not a miracle product, I have noticed that my acne scars have faded quite a bit and my face does have a glow. My makeup goes on smoother too.
This is definitely a keeper! Super cheap and effective!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 9:18:00 AM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing. I love finding cheap "home remedies" for my skin that really work and are dirt cheap. This definietly has improved my skin especially by strinking my pores, reducing oil, and evening out the tone. I personally have gotten used to the smell although it is not something I would wear during the day in fear that others might be like "what is that?" If you have sensitive skin be sure to dilute it a lot otherwise one part water to two parts vinegar should do the trick.EDIT: felt this started to become too harsh for my skin, definitely not for winter that's for sure. Maybe try it again someday and I still think it can help those with really oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2006 5:05:00 AM More reviews by virginrose

I seem to be the minority here unfortunately. When I came across the use of apple cider vinegar for skin and its benefits on MUA, I was floored; a simple concoction used with simple old ACV can do all that for my skin? I had to try it. I got myself a bottle, and followed the instructions, making sure to dilute the vinegar. Initially, when I swiped some of the mixture on my face, it felt so soft and left a nice glow. I was impressed, but unfortunately, after a few uses, it really aggravated my skin and left me with even more breakouts than I had prior to its use. I diluted it more and more to see if that would work, but no luck. My skin started to look really unhealthy and feel very raw. Such a disappointment because this would've been such a cheap and simple skincare alternative to all the expensive trash out there that promises so much but does so very little. But even though it didn't work out for me, I do think it's worth a try. Looking at all the great reviews here, it just could work out great for you. Just use with caution if your skin tends to be sensitive like mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2006 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Justina17

So I was using the orange Clean & Clear toner for a while and wanted to use it up before I tried something else. One day my skin just decided it wasn't going to have it. Even Dermalogica irritated my skin.

I decided to give ACV a try. In a small spray bottle I put 3/4 ACV to 1/4 water. I spray it onto a cotton pad and apply. I must warn you that I do this in the evening because the smell does linger for a while and it isn't pretty.

I calmed my skin almost immediately. I have been using this for a couple of weeks now and just noticed that my skin stopped being so oily midday. I haven't really changed much else so it has to be this.

A little goes a long way! Try it in a spray bottle - its much more hygenic.

Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2006 11:37:00 PM More reviews by csthorne

I really love this! I didnít see much of a change for the first 2 weeks but after that my skin discoloration has improved. Not only has it improved but it was not a drastic change, where your face shows flaking. I have discoloration from being on the pill for years. I have tried quite a few other products including Retin A. This is better and seriously cheaper. I mixed 2/3 Apple Cider Vinegar (couldnít find Braggs) from Wal-Mart with Green Tea, put it in a old rubbing alcohol bottle and was set. I use it every night. The smell is nothing special but it really doesnít bother me. Will be using this for years!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2006 10:39:00 AM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I've only been using this for a few days, so I'll update my review when I've been using this for a bit longer. I mixed about half Heinz apple cider vinegar, half water, and about a tsp. of C.O. Bigelow Triple Rosewater. The rosewater didn't do much for the smell, but I like to think it has essential oils in it. I can't tell if it's doing anything for the clarity of my skin yet, but after I use it my skin does feel really soft and nice. I've noticed no redness and no burning either. I haven't developed any new pimples since I've been using this, which is amazing considering right now is the time of the month I usually break out the worst. The biggest drawback for me is the smell, even at the end of the day I can still smell it. Just a word of advice, If you're planning on going to the gym, wash this off your face first because once you start sweating the vinegar smell will get stronger and stronger! I just hope the person on the next treadmill over couldn't smell it!
***EDIT*** I've been using this for a while now, and while at 1st it seemed to be working, now my face is just as bad as ever if not worse (cystic acne on my cheeks, I've never even had little pimples there before!):( So I dropped this down to one lippie since the only thing I'm getting out of this is a stinky face.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by KristenT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried this as a toner mixed with 2/3 water. It seems to work fine, although the smell is not pleasant, and my face is clear. What I really like this for is sunburn. I use the same mix and add a few ice cubes, dip a washcloth in it and wring it out and lay it on my sunburn (apparently my sunscreen had expired and did NOTHING). It takes out the burn like you wouldn't believe!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by luluhb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, straight up vinegar (preceeded with a light meat tenderizer rub with cetaphil) and followed by coconut oil has changed my skin...and my life. I no longer have keratosis pilaris whereas nothing else worked. This is my #1 product for the rest of my life. (Gosh it stinks! :) )