Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

4.2

Apple Cider Vinegar

I did some test run on a big cyst over the weekend, I put on the ACV neat on top of the cyst w/ a piece of cotton few times a day for 3 days. It burned my skin on top of the cyst but the cyst is completely flat now. The dead skin start to peel off and the skin is slightly pinkish, looks smooth and nice under the burned skin. It's still peeling so I won't see the end result in a day or two. But I think it's definitely working for me. :) I call this poor man's chemical peel.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I had a perfectly fine skin with occassional pimples, I heard about ACV and tried it as a toner and also drank it with honey and water. Now my skin is so messed up, I broke out into millions of acne on my face. It's been couple of months and I'm still trying to get my skin back. My skin looks horrible. Do not use this product on your face.

TO HELP WITH AN ITCHY SCALP.....ACV rinses. I diluted it at least 50/50 and rinse after shampooing and leave in for a couple of minutes. I was doing it every shampoo and now I only do it once or twice monthly. The ACV worked better than Nizoral shampoo. This rinse also clarifies and leaves my hair shiny. But most importantly is my scalp doesn't itch.

I tried this as a facial toner and could not get use to the smell. So I can't say how it really works as a toner. I use a nice smelling conditioner so I think it covers up the smell when used on my hair. Oh very important to look for organic apple cider vinegar with "mother" or unfiltered. I did not buy Braggs but another similar organic brand.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've used this this product once and haven't seen anything yet but I have a few questions before I continue with the product. I am kind of new to the skin remedy deal and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions of how to incorporate ACV into my daily regimen. I have skin that gets very oily and is acne prone. I usually wash with olive oil, use witch hazel to tone with a cotton ball, use some tea tree spotted on blemishes and then put one drop jojoba on my entire face diluted with about two drops of water. Would I use the ACV instead of the witch hazel? or the ACV before the witch hazel?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I've only used this twice, but i just wanted to point out a few things here. I'm of dark complexion, and have noticed some recommendation for adding citrus essential oils to this toner. This may actually be beneficial for light skin tones, but for dark skins, which is more susceptible to hyperpigmentation, citrus oils can be a bad thing (Skin Type Solutions book). So ladies, be careful. Also, for those of you trying to avoid "harsh" chemicals, this is an acid, albeit mild, but an acid none the less. So please don't represent it as some kind of mild alternative to alcohol and other "harsh" chemicals. Acids can burn the skin, and if you have sensitive skin in anyway, you should start off as dilute as possible, and work your way up, as with any other acidic product. And if you are tolerant of 10% or more AHA and BHA products, then chances are you'll be tolerant of a 1:1 or maybe neat ACV toner. Bottom line, just because it's natural, doesn't mean it's not harsh. Alcohol is every bit as natural as this is, so take that into consideration. As a chemist, i see people make these assumptions all the time, and they are just not accurate. Also, some possible additions to Carekate's formula, for moisturization: glycerin and aloe vera gel (pure), for soothing: chamomile (use tea bags). Just my 2 cents. Will update this review in about a month.

UPDATE: So it's been about 2 weeks, and i just wanted to inform on developments. I had to rethink my initial formulation, due to tiny little bumps that were developing. They went away VERY quickly once i gave my skin a break. I also seem to develop little burns. I attribute these side effects to my overzealous use of the Vitamin C. Vit C is of course an acid as well, and i think i put too much in my initial concoction. So i began again about a week ago with a 2:1 (water/vinegar) mixture, with about 3/4-1 tspn Vit C. Some glycerin and some Vit E. Also added essential oils for scent. So far i cannot REALLY attest to any dramatic imrpovements. Though with my first concoction i saw the erumtion of several black and white heads almost immediately. I'll contimue to use, and update in a few weeks.

I wanted this to work on my face, but unfortunately it didn't. I had little bumps on my face after a few days of using this. I so wanted to like this, that I continued to use it even after those bumps.When I decided to stop, my skin cleared up again.

Can't take the smell too. Probably better as a vinegar.

Since it's very hard to find here in Thailand. For small bottle cost 6 US is not so hurt. After try this ACV my pore looks tight and so clean. i took one lippie off because the smell..... Horrible..+_+ ( This's not for using as a toner anyways ) I can bare til i find something better.

I don't cook and never bought a ACV before until I red the reviews of how great it is. I have super sensitive skin so I would not even want to try to use it on my face
afraid it's too harsh.
so I used it to wash my hair, hopefully it will rid of itchy scalp and dandruffs.
surprisingly or not, it worked great. after using all this anti-dandruff shampoo and felt disappointed over and over again. I found this less than 2 dollars for big-bottle-packaged product to rid dandraff.
I dilute it with a great deal of water (water:ACV=4:1)and then apply the solution to my scalp. it smells yak, but I could tolerate it or the sake of my hair.I usually let it sit in my hair for 1 minute or 2, then wash all the residue off with great deal of shampoo until all the yaks smell are completely gone.
I have only been using it as a hair rince for a week. and my scalp significally became less oily and more important, less itchy and visibly less dandruff. but be warned, if you have super sensitive skin with conditions like couperose, think twice before applying it to your face.
because accidentally, some drops of the diluted mixture would run to my forehead and it stings right away, I was in the shower so I could get it off my face quickly, but the buring sensation is one thing to stop me from using it on my face.

so sensitive skins, use it as a hair rinse instead. avoid facial area, please.

continued >>

I've been trying to enjoy the anti-acne/AHA benefits of ACV I've been reading about here on the blogs. Frankly, ACV alone is just too smelly for me to hang with and use consistently. I could smell it on me a day later in the shower. I tried several toners that have ACV in them, but they are just too diluted to be effective. I recently found an infusion online by an herbalist at Soothing Herbals. It clearly smells like ACV, so that's what it mostly is, but the herbals in it, including lavender, calendula, and some witch hazel, leave no smelly residuals. Basically, for anyone who wants a strong ACV solution, but can't stand the smell, this is a great find. I've had positive results clearing current acne, and hope for preventative results also. They even sent me a sample of some herbal cream, which was nice. Fast shipping. Cost is 14$ for 4 oz, but very worth it to me (it lasts a good while since it's concentrated and I use it on a moist cotton ball).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Unbelievable! This gives the quickest result of any product I've tried. In a matter of days, clarity, brightness and eveness improved, redness and dryness diminished, pore size shrank. I had to stop using it for a week and my skin went back to "usual" but then the MOMENT I applied this anew, the benefits came back! It had no effect on acne, except for making scars fade faster, but I must say this is as close to a miracle product as I have found. I use it straight up without irritation or purging, even, and find that the smell evaporates very quickly. Considering that some have strong positive results in reaction to this and others don't, the toner is probably ideal for people with acne prone skin who use antibacterial products, since this is the sort of thing that would most disrupt the natural acidic barrier and make this step so important. This is just a hypothesis, and I would welcome everyone to try it. One thing is sure, it made a big difference in my skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials