October 23, 2014 | 892 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2006 11:56:00 PM More reviews by lani69

When I first read about the apple cider vinegar thing, I thought uck, how smelly, but because of the great reviews and having some in the fridge already, I decided to give it a try. Have been using it once a day for about two weeks now, and at breakfast the other morning, my boyfriend looked at me and said, "You're face is so clear now!" That did it, this stuff rocks!! For HIM to notice, it has to be a big change. Who would've thunk all this greatness in something that we usually just have sitting around to use in the rare recipe or two? If you haven't yet, you MUST try it!! THe smell is horrible, but well worth the results!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2006 11:45:00 PM More reviews by efrey14

True or False? Dabbing on apple cider vinegar with a cotton ball is a good astringent for oily, acne-prone skin.

False. "Vinegar is much too drying to the skin's protective barrier. Plus it stinks!" says Wechsler. "If you want to go the do-it-yourself route, try making your own kinder, gentler toner of 1 part witch hazel to 3 parts water."

This was just on Yahoo today, a review by Dr. Wechsler, dermie. Sad news for me b/c I loved this stuff. Will stop using now b/c the last thing I need is to dry out my skin. WAH!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2006 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This toner is absolutely amazing! I do NOT use Braggs brand - I just use regular Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar from the grocery store. I mix 1/2 Apple Cider Vinegar with 1/2 purified bottled water (1:1 ratio), and my skin absolutely glows! Also just FYI ...... Apple Cider Vinegar DOES NOT need to be refrigerated. As long as you mix the vinegar with ONLY water, it does NOT have to be refrigerated because of the high acidity of the vinegar. The high acid content works as a natural preservative. The only time you would need to refrigerate the mixture is if you add a bunch of other perishable ingredients that might spoil (like tea or various oils and/or extracts). But as long as you use JUST VINEGAR & WATER (preferably pure bottled water), you DO NOT need to refrigerate it! Just sit it in a nice, room temperature place in your bathroom or on your vanity, and it will last for years! I looked up this information online to verify, and it is true. A simple mixture of vinegar and water does NOT need refrigeration. Okay ... now that that is out of the way, I just need to emphasize how much my skin GLOWS from using this! My acne has cleared up, and my oily skin has balanced out. It has also seemed to lighten my skin discolorations and age spots. My skin has really improved tremendously, and I am floored that all it took was a $3.00 bottle of apple cider vinegar. After all the expensive toners I have tried, I can't believe I found my HG in something so simple. 10 lippies! :)

41 out of 44 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2006 8:26:00 PM More reviews by funkgirldeluxe

I have bad adult acne and was using Proactiv to try to combat it. After a year the Proactiv stopped working and the acne came back with a nasty vengence. I read about ACV on the message board and thought I had nothing to lose, my skin wasn't really going to get any worse. Lo and behold, after 1 week of using ACV as a toner I was floored to see the results: clearer skin, acne scars fading, smaller pores, and actually less oily skin too! I was skeptical and went back to the Proactiv - and just as I suspected the acne came back too. So now my routine is to lightly scrub my face with a honey/cinnamon scrub, wash with Spectrojel for oily skin, tone with a concoction of ACV and green tea (1:1 v/v), and moisturize with a BP lotion. I don't mind the smell, which dissipates after a few minutes. But actually I couldn't care what it smelled like as long as my skin was clear!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2006 12:48:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so happy that I learned about ACV toner on this website. Most toners I've tried have been irritating to my sensitive skin. When I read about ACV I thought I would give it a try. I dilute the vinegar with water and some vitamin C crystals in a cobalt blue spray bottle. After cleansing I spray this concoction on and it feels so soothing and cooling. I'm sensitive but for some reason the vinegar and vitamin C does not burn. I love natural products and the price is so right. I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 11:53:00 AM More reviews by rachelanise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product as a toner in the am and pm for the past two weeks and am amazed at how it has changed the quality of my skin. It has reduced shiny patches, cleared any breakouts without irritation and keeps my face smooth--its amazing. I was first using Bragg's without any dilution and in the second week made a concoction of one part green tea and one part Bragg's. I am totally ok with the out of the ordinary scent-it seems to dissipate once it dries and the benefits seem for the long term. My daily process is to wash with a BP cleanser, put on the Bragg's with a cotton round, use 2 drops of Decleor ylang ylang oil afterwards, and after a couple of minutes, I put on some Olay spf 30 complete defense for sensitive skin. At night, I follow all the same steps but instead of putting on sunscreen at the end, I put on the Decleor ylang ylang night balm. This has seemed to be a great purifying and balancing program for my skin and I couldn't be happier!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 11:45:00 PM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think I really like this stuff. I've been using the clean and clear astringent faithfully for years, so i was hesitant to try anything new. My skin is VERY oily, and I was wondering if the harsh c/c toner and benzo cream was to blame. I mixed 1 part acv to water and have been using it at night after I wash my face. I then apply the c.c benzoperoxide cream. I noticed right away how soft my skin was. Also when I wake up in the morning my skin is usually an oil slick, it's not at all now. I've been using it for two days and am already seeing a difference. My one blemish is gone, my pores seem smaller, and my skin isn't as oily by the end of the day. I'm going to apply it in the morning and see how it works under makeup. So far it's working well, and I can deal with the smell if it has good results. I'm also taking a teaspoon straight before meals as this is supposed to help skin too. My next venture is to use it on my hair. No one will want to come near me with all this vinegar i'm taking!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

I have very oily skin with large pores and acne on my T zone. Oddly they've gotten worse with age. I've spent thousands on prescriptions, cream, AHA, retinalA hoping to stop the acne and remedy my large pores/discoloration. While AHA made my skin smooth, my extremely oily skin broke out from all of them whenever used more than once a month. After reading about this on MUA for years, I finally gave in and decided to give this a try. I keep all my skincare routine the same except to replace my night time toner with ACV toner. I haven't noticed my huge pores smaller yet (they're unshrinkable), but my skin is MUCH smoother and the pores on my cheek seem to have stopped expanding. And so far, no break out! I am still in denial that I can't use any commercial AHA products but have had no problem using something made from a bottle of supermarket condiment. But I am pleasantly surprised by the result and will continue. BTW Thanks to some MUA reviewers warning on skin irritation, I decided to start with a 5:1 dilution (5 part distilled water to one part ACV). The smell is not bad with such dilution. I may up the ratio of ACV after a few month to see if it will help my pores more.
EDIT 6/20/2011: The strongest dilution I went for was 4:1 (4 part distilled water). However, my skin seemed to have grown accustomed to ACV so I switched to some Glycolic and Salicylic acid products for better result. I am still using ACV toner on my scalp with great result.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 12:07:00 PM More reviews by JudithF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews I had to try this! I used 1 cup of ACV, 2 teaspoons of honey, and 1 cup of strong tea (I used green tea and Chamomile).
The scent is not as bad as it sounds. Well atleast it didnt bother me. My husband says he can only smell a tad bit of the vinegar when he sticks his nose on my face. But when just at regular distance he cant smell anything.
So anyway, I've been using this for 3 days now...and although its not a miracle product, I have noticed that my acne scars have faded quite a bit and my face does have a glow. My makeup goes on smoother too.
This is definitely a keeper! Super cheap and effective!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 9:18:00 AM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing. I love finding cheap "home remedies" for my skin that really work and are dirt cheap. This definietly has improved my skin especially by strinking my pores, reducing oil, and evening out the tone. I personally have gotten used to the smell although it is not something I would wear during the day in fear that others might be like "what is that?" If you have sensitive skin be sure to dilute it a lot otherwise one part water to two parts vinegar should do the trick.EDIT: felt this started to become too harsh for my skin, definitely not for winter that's for sure. Maybe try it again someday and I still think it can help those with really oily skin.