Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Price: $

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 2/26/2007 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

although the vinegar is cheap, making the toner isn't really worth the time and the money. i made made mine by diluting equal parts of vinegar and green tea (made with distilled water). i think added a drop of aloe vera gel and a couple of aspirin tabs and stored it in the refrigerator. it seemed really clear up my skin for a couple of weeks, but then my skin started to react again and started breaking out all the time. the breakouts were much less than regular, but i think it was because of the vinegar and over-exfoliation. also.... the smell seemed to last forever. i would put on the toner in the morning and would THINK that the smell went away but was able to smell it again at night when washing my face.

maybe it will work if i just diluted it with distilled water and made a new batch almost everyday, but it's better to use a toner that is known to work (like DDF's glycolic toner). i myself am using AHA 12% souffle. i like it much better.

on 2/24/2007 6:47:00 PM

OMAI GOSE! i can't say enough about this product. I started using it in the summer and my skin looked so healthy and clear. I never attributed the glow and even skin tone i had to this, but when i stopped (since october 2006 it's now feb.) my skin became worse and worse ( i stopped because paula wrote soemthing about vinegar being irritating skin). Now i have been using this for about a week and my skin is calming down again and is all glowy. YAY!

on 2/22/2007 3:01:00 AM

I really loathe this as a toner but i love it as a hair rinse, as a toner this leaves my skin red, dry, itchy, and makes my hyperpigmentation more pronounced. I have diluted this down literally 5 times and i still have the same reaction. However, as a hair rinse it makes it really soft. I gave it 4 lippies because it still seems as though it can help others.

on 2/16/2007 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

meh, this stuff is so so. back when i was totally into holistic skin care, i used to spray this stuff all over my body after washing to balance my ph (i used natural soaps with a PH of 9--this has a PH of 4, balancing my skin back to the normal 6). i even used this stuff in my hair when i used natural shampoo bars in my hair. my hair would be so moist afterward, i didn't need a separate conditioner, nor did i need to oil the length down. now onto my review:i'm sorry, but i'm SO glad i stopped using this all over. the smell is horrendous. on my face, it faded, but everywhere else, i could smell the vinegar, no matter how much i'd rinse afterward. maybe my skin and hair are just TOO absorbant. the smell lingers all day with me. i'd go to bed and in the morning, my husband would tell me i smelled like a salad (as a compliment since he loves salad, go figure). i'd repurchase this again, but only to use on my face. however, until i decide to go holistic and use soap on my skin again, i won't be using this for a long time. 3 rating until then. continued >>

on 2/4/2007 3:09:00 AM

I cannot rate this as a toner but I gargle with this when I have a sore throat
and this stuff is GREAT!!! It really soothes a sore throat, although it burns a bit but I guess that just means its working. It works better than other throat medicines out there.

on 1/27/2007 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Didn't work on my skin, it made me red and dry and brought on a flare up of my eczema. I can see it working for those with less sensitive skin though. I have been using it as a pre-shampoo rinse on my hair, a few tablespoons of ACV to a whole bunch of water (liter-ish). I just run it through my hair and let it sit for a min and rinse out and shampoo as normal. Its actually made a big difference, my scalp is less oily and gets oily longer after washing than it normally would. I've always had shiny hair so I have no idea how its effecting that aspect. Hasn't dried out my hair or anything though. For those who say vinegar isn't clarifying, I know for a fact that it dissolves soap really well and can't imagine why it wouldn't help dissolve build-up on the scalp and hair.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Super harsh stuff here folks! I made my concotions with this based on things I read here...I did the mix involving the 50/50 split of green tea & apple cider vinegar. It burned my skin, made it tight and red. That's about it. I guess I will be making some salad dressings with the rest of this HUGE bottle of organic apple cider I bought : )

on 1/25/2007 10:48:00 AM

This product was a total nightmare for my skin. I have been blessed with overall good skin, but after having to take some gruesome medicines for arthritis, I got some nasty breakouts in my chin area. Nothing would make them go away. In despair I turned to MUA and read all the positive reviews on this acv toner. I had a bottle of Organic ACV in my kitchen and thought I had nothing to loose. I made a mixture of 1/4 ACV & 3/4 mineral water and added some drops of Teatree Oil. Well, it turned out I had a lot to lose. Not only did it do absolutely nothing in my problem area, it totally ruined the rest of my complexion. I read some people spoke about "glowing pink skin". My skin looked more like burned irritated skin. After a couple of days I got the worst breakout possible with big painful zits. Because I sooo wanted to like this product (organic! cheap! positive reviews!) I still didn't give up and hoped I was "purging" like other MUA members mentioned. It was the worst month of my skins (and my) life. In the end a dermatologist convinced me that what I had had absolutely nothing to do with "purging" I was just torturing my skin. It was then that I stopped and allthough the outbreak immediately calmed down, I still have the nasty scars to remind me that this products was BAD for me. The only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 (or 0 if that was possible) is that I still believe this might work for other people (I mean look at the reviews)..It just definetely didn't work for me. Proof again that no product is for everyone!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to try this out on my chin... and the next day I had a huge under-the-skin pimple! And I never get pimples, I just get a bit oily so I wanted to see if this would help. Too bad it didn't. :(

on 1/23/2007 1:33:00 AM

WARNING THIS IS TERRIBLE HARSH STUFF! I am so shocked that this is used on people's faces (and some people don't even dilute it - gasp!). I have sensitive skin and this made me break out in impetigo (blisters) - and yes I diluted it down with purified water! I have never had impetigo before I started using this and I got it numerous times. I cannot stress how terrible vinegar is for your skin if you have sensitive skin (and statistics tell us that 80% of the population have sensitive skin) - it is waaaaay too harsh and breaks down the skin's natural defenses.

Please do not use this - it was the worst recommendation in the world that anyone should try this. The high ph in vinegar may clear your skin, but over time the acidity also breaks down your skin's natural ph balance and ends up leaving your skin vulnerable to infections.

Worst WORST product - if you are curious please DON'T TRY IT!

Video Reviews & Tutorials