August 27, 2014 | 1852 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 5:58:00 AM More reviews by hadeutsch

My HG product. Keep me younger looking. Expensive but worth every penny. After wake up i feel my skin younger and smoother. All acne after few days gone, almost gone. Will repurchase till death

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I am not a fan this type of product because I am not sure what to do with it or what it's for to be honest. I got a sample of this in a gwp and since my skin was looking pretty crappy I decided to give it a go. I applied under my makeup and sometimes at night as well. I quite liked it, helped even out my skin texture, heal some areas that were scarred and discoloured and was nice and light under my makeup but didn't work any miracles. It worked well at first but then did not do so much, same as many other products I have tried. If I could afford to buy this regularly I probably would, mostly because while it went from being effective to "not as effective" it did it without any breakouts (which is unheard of with me). I put this as a "would repurchase" but I will not personally be repurchasing right now because it's not in my budget to purchase something this expensive that I am not 100% is better than other products out there, but I do not think that should effect the rating on a product that I would buy regularly if I had the cash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was attracted to this product for its healing properties; I'm currently under crisis management after 2 awful products and also suffer from acne rosacea which had recently started to flare up, so scoured the net to find something that might help - this is what I found.

I've been using this product for a week now and am very happy with the results, especially on the under eye area. My rosacea causes flushing and pustules and I need to use a topical antibiotic daily; I've found it very difficult to find skincare that I can wear over this to counteract the drying effects of the alcohol in the antibiotic, and this fits the bill perfectly. I now wake up in the morning and instead of dry, lacklustre skin, it looks even and feels soft.

The product is a runny, sort of greasy feeling amber gel/liquid, with a very slight herby smell that fades immediately on application. Despite feeling greasy in the hand, it is not greasy at all once applied - it absorbs in seconds and leaves no trace behind. I've read some people are put off by the smell... I personally use natural products as often as possible so I'm used to herby scents (actually unless it has no scent or is herby/naturally floral I won't buy it).

I've been most impressed with how this worked as an eye serum. I know it's not meant for that (and I probably shouldn't be using like this), but I recently had a Stye which I think was caused by a concealer - read my 15 palette concealer review for details - and was not able to use any form of eyecream for over a week while it healed. Being winter this meant my skin became dehydrated very quickly and I looked drained and sick.

I got this a couple of days after the swelling had gone down, figured what the heck and slathered it on my undereye too. The next morning I looked in the mirror and was amazed that already my undereye looked more moisturised and plumper - I've never had that with even the most expensive eye cream!

After a week of use I started to see the effects on the rest of my face too - smoother and healing so much faster. I've been suffering terrible chin breakouts after an experience gone bad with a dermalogica treament (it caused dozens of deep milia which I've been trying to treat naturally with gentle exfoliation). This has really helped clear up my skin and in combination with vitamin E oil (with calendula) and paw paw ointment, I've even avoided the scabbing I would normally get with such deep cystic spots.

Cons:
Not really any regarding the product, just the price and packaging.

The price is off-putting and I'm not sure I would stretch to also using this during the day as much as I'd like to purely for the cost, but if the effects I've seen so far continue I would absolutely continue using this.

Packaging wise I would much prefer a pump dispenser as I feel this would be a little more hygienic (I don't like exposing the contents to the air when I use the dropper) and allow more controlled distribution - after all at this price every drop is gold :)

I'd recommend getting a hold of a sample and trying before you buy - purely for the cost factor.

Overall:
I'm very happy with this product and will continue using as long as I see these results regardless of the price.

I'm also very keen to get the eye version, having seen the results with this.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by alchemii

Gorgeous product!...I love putting this on my skin..it feels so healing! It reminds me of the La Mer serum, at only a fraction of the cost. Skin feels taught and firm...and getting clearer every day. Very calming properties.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by elena85

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So I have had a continual problem with dry, dehydrated skin despite the fact that it is now summer. I have used lots of heavy creams to try to remedy it. I read reviews about the ANR serum and thought that I'd give it a try to try to make my skin more hydrated and more even toned. For those purposes, this serum has delivered. I put it on before my night creme and it makes my other creme work more efficiently as no matter what I put over it, I wake up to soft, glowing, more even toned skin. I have freckly skin and my freckles appear softer, more even. I also put it on the skin under my eyes and that area appears firmer and more hydrated as well. In terms of addressing wrinkles, my laugh line near my mouth bothers me and that appears not as noticeable since adding this to the regimen. Perhaps because my skin is plumped up but whatever it may be it is not as apparent. Since I only use 1-2 drops for my face and neck I hope it lasts a long time cause the stuff is not cheap!
EDIT: I increased the rating from 4 stars to 5 because after 2 weeks of continued use my skin looks really good now. I have to use less moisturizer even the next day and my mineral makeup applies really smoothly. Love it, HG material!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 7:23:00 AM More reviews by kerish345

I was sitting down stressing slightly about my upcoming 30th birthday..well its a year away but... + I decided to research anti aging products after uploading my pic to 20yrs older and seeing where my wrinkles will form.
i bought ANR @Kirks Freeport Duty free for $60
I sensitive,oily and acne prone skin. I burn easily and react badly to sun exposure even though I live in teh caribbean(wasnt I suppose to be born naturally immune to sunburn??)
Prior to purchasing this product my nightly regime was simply cleansing with Clean&Clear advance acne wash.I added the serum to my regime.
I noticed a slight difference on my first use. On the second night my existing pimples dried up!!! By the second week the tone and texture of my skin made significant improvement..
In cases where I see a pimple I apply a small dot directly and it dries up overnight (N.B if u do this try not to pick the scabs that form after)
I sometimes use neutrogena healthy skin lotion after apply the serum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I will buy this in bulk, in a heartbeat! I don't really care WHAT it costs and I'm frugal to the point of cheap! I got a sample, used it on 1 side of my face about a week, and compared the changes. What a difference. It's been well over 2 months now, and after that first split face experiment, I had to use it on both sides, because the difference was too obvious and looked strange.

I'm 53 with blotchy redness due to allergies, eczema, rosacea and just plain aging redhead skin. Very fair, thin skin that shows any redness or age spots all too clearly. Sun damage, age etc.

I started with the face, but I make a point of treating my neck and decollete region when I do my face. Here's what I saw:

---A massive almost overnight decrease in overall redness. This has continued to the point of almost not having a problem at all. I notice it takes a few days to come back when I stop the serum so this isn't a one shot cure all.

---A smoothing of the skin texture, almost a porcelain moist feel. Beautiful texture. No dry scaly patches, no rough bits. Moist not dry. No zits.

---An evening out of skin colouration, almost a transparency of youth coming back. The age spots/brown patches are fading.

OK I have had some really good results with my Regenerist in the day and retinol from Neutrogena at night. But this is removing even what is left after the Regenerist spf stuff and the Regenerist serum in the daytime. (At night on top of the EL serum I use Neutrogena's Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture. I don't plan to quit using Regenerist or Neutrogena's night cream)

---My wrinkles are less obvious, and those really saggy neck circles (I'm over 50, these "rings" around the neck are part of that age process) are tightening up and becoming less noticeable.

UPSHOT OF ALL THIS:: As I plan to explain in my notepad on my regimen, this serum is now an essential part of my night routine along with that Neutrogena retinol stuff. I will continue using Regenerist serum and spf in the day, because I've had good results from that too and I think this is a great add on to my regimen. It would be a mistake to quit other stuff that works, and if they work well together to give the results I want, I'm not going to fix what isn't broken.

29 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Harlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I`ve been using this little magical elixer on and off for over 20 years. I originally started using it in my 20`s ( a sample) because I found that it worked so well for calming irritated skin due to acne products but have since found that it is great for reducing redness from using retin A. It`s the only thing i`ve ever used around my eyes to prevent wrinkles because of the hyaluronic acid which keeps the area moisturized even when the serum is washed off- I just mix equal parts of it with ( any) lightweight moisterizer and dot it around my eye area. It keeps this delicate area supple and soft. I`m in my 40`s and except when I travel and forget to take it with me, I generally don`t have any lines around my eyes and attribute that to staying out of the sun and using this product as an eye treatment for decades.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by lisztomania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best skin care product I have purchased. It really makes a noticeable difference. I was desperately trying to find something to soothe my dry/combination skin (especially during winter) and at the same time, attend to my acne scars (mainly leftover spots). It did more than that. It made my skin glow - no kidding! Absolutely radiant and I am one of those people who noticed immediate effects - supple skin and a definite improvement in skin texture. It doesn't break me out at all and in fact keeps the pimples under control and less are occurring. Unlike most products, I didn't have to pay close attention to try to find results, the results were just so noticeable.

I truely believe this product works and although it is pricey, I will continue to purchase it without a doubt. I'm so glad I found this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

I'm on the fence with this one...i bought it because of all of the great press and reviews on MUA, and I must say I am underwhelmed. It doesn't smell very nice, and although it seems to sink into my skin straight away, it doesnt seem to moisturise much (although is is supposed to?) Honestly, I havent noticed any difference to my skin. But maybe that is because I am only 23...then again, it promises to even out skintone, and I havent seen this happen yet (I have some acne scarring). For the price (AUS$150), i feel like this is a rip-off. If it were more reasonably priced, maybe that would make it worth it. I will continue to use until I run out....maybe I will see the benefits later on when I am older. For the price however, I will not be repurchasing.