December 18, 2014 | 1839 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2003 9:52:00 AM More reviews by bethmakeups

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

totally average cleanser. using another cleanser after this one is a bad idea since it already cleanses and strips your face as many other reviewers have noted. i wonder why clinique instructs you to do that? could it be a scam to make more money since youd have to buy more products? but this cleanser smells pleasent, foams nicely, rinses off well after not too many spashes, but leaves my face a little coarser than other cleansers which i prefer. if you like foaming cleansers, try caudelie (amazing foam. very lux), chanel's foaming mousse, shiseido benefience, and even clean and clear makes one which i like better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2003 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kate8

I used to use this as a makeup remover a lot, when I would travel constantly, in my former job. It was...okay. It usually managed to remove most or all of my makeup, but it would often leave my combo/oily skin feeling a little tight afterward, especially if I followed through with my usual cleanser---it really didn't cleanse my skin completely---it just took a lot of the makeup off and left a sort of buildup behind it that I needed the cleanser to take away. There are other products that are cheaper and/or better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2003 10:17:00 AM More reviews by kkdallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this for years. I find it does a great job removing my makeup and leaving my normal skin soft and supple. I like the plastic squeeze tube. It foams up nicely and rinses off well. It is also a pretty, pearlized pink color. Clinique's "3 Step" program is too drying for my skin but this cleanser alone is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2003 3:17:00 PM More reviews by CoverModel

I received this product as an extra in a swap.
I really love it and it doesn't make my skin dry.
It cleaned well and didn't leave any residues behind.
I would definitely buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2003 10:59:00 PM More reviews by iris_skies

I love this stuff! I use it once per day and it's great on my combination skin. However, I don't use it in addition to their 3 Step Line. I wash with this, use the clarifying lotion and then a moisturizer of my choice. Leaves a clean, fresh feeling on my skin. Definitely a worthwhile purchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2003 3:53:00 AM More reviews by crimqueen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very harsh and drying. My face felt stripped and tight after using this. And the package instructions say to use the 3-step after this (including soap)! Unbelievable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2003 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Katya94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not suitable for dry, sensitive skin. It made my skin incredibly tight and dry, and didn't cleanse especially well either. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2003 9:24:00 AM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also got this as a GWP. I stopped using this after a few times because my skin was feeling very dry after washing with this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2002 11:25:00 AM More reviews by sally2002

I got this as a GWP this weekend and tried it out last night. I liked how it softly foamed and was competely fragrance free. It went on my face very smoothly, and rinsed well. But after rinsing and drying my face, I felt really dry and tight. I think this would be ok in the summer when I'm oilier, or just for someone with more oily skin. I'm saving the mini GWP bottle for summer trips next year, but I don't think I would buy this for myself.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2002 1:33:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a GWP size of this and hated it. Funny enough, it actually doesn't "rinse-off" all that well. It leaves a film behind and doesn't clean all that well either.