Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 4/21/2003 8:49:00 AM

This cleanser is the absoulte best Clinique has to offer. I gave up on Clinique Skincare (except for my HG Total Turnaround and 7 day scrub) about 2 months ago, because I just did not see any results. I traded in the bar soap for this cleanser early on when I was using this line. This cleanser comes nicely packaged and due to the fact that it foams up so much upon application a full size bottle lasted me approx 6 months. Overall not a bad cleanser, I just left it behind like I have so many other products in Clinique's skin care line.*Updated August 25, 2003*I have found the perfect use for all of the GWP sizes of this product I have left sitting around...I use it to clean my eyeliner and talkon brushes. It breaks down all of those sticky products beautiful, my synthetic brushes have never been so clean! continued >>

on 4/18/2003 8:00:00 AM

This is actually not a bad cleanser..Like previous MUA members said, it won't strip off your make-up totally ( I will say probabaly 93-95% of make-up can be removed, which is not so bad), but it does gives the skin the refreshing feeling after you rise it off ( Tips: leave the cleanser on the face for a while and message gently before you rise it off) I just found the Johnson& Johnson's baby wash( quite a few positive reviews from MUA members) works exactly as same as this one, which makes me wonder why should I pay more $ for this department brand cleanser.

on 4/15/2003 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After using this cleanser, I feel like my face is very very clean. I like this feeling. This product contain Potassium that make u feel that your face is incredible clean!!! My face was not shine, oily, or even dry after using this. On the other hand, in fact, it was not really move out all make up since they are lots of foundation left on cotton after applying toner. If u ask me whether I will buy it again next time. Absolutely not!! The reason is….just because I want to try a new thing, hee hee.I also want the cleanser that can move all my make up in one step. I might be back to use this again someday. I like it though.

on 4/7/2003 4:50:00 PM

I really like this cleanser- I have combination skin (dry upper lip and eyebrows, normal to oily everywhere else) and this cleanser does a great job of cleaning off all my make-up without leaving my skin feeling stripped or tight. I agree with other people that there is no need to buy into the Clinique 3-step system, and I do feel that this cleanser is slightly overpriced, but a little bit does go a long way so I still think it's worth it.

on 4/6/2003 1:58:00 AM

I've been using this same cleanser for the past 3 years. It's a really nice 'moussey' texture foams up nicely without ever being oily/greasy. It gets off all your make up and rinses all off without leaving any icky film of residue. I have combination-oily skin and wear heavy make up most days and love using this all year round!

on 4/4/2003 6:28:00 PM

I have recieved this as a GWP a few times and I really love it. I planning to buy the full size next time I am at the mall. I have normal skin with occasional breakouts and it really does a great job without making my face feel like the Sahara Desert.

on 3/25/2003 5:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have received several tubes of this in gwps over the years and love it every time. The gwp tube is perfect for traveling.

This is a light, foamy cleanser that I have found to work well. I wear a full face of makeup every day and this cleanser does get my skin clean. I have combo/acne-prone skin and have never had a problem with this cleanser. I like it!

on 3/22/2003 12:26:00 AM

This is a good cleanser for normal to oily skin. It leaves the skin with a squeaky clean and removes makeup well.

on 3/16/2003 9:52:00 AM

totally average cleanser. using another cleanser after this one is a bad idea since it already cleanses and strips your face as many other reviewers have noted. i wonder why clinique instructs you to do that? could it be a scam to make more money since youd have to buy more products? but this cleanser smells pleasent, foams nicely, rinses off well after not too many spashes, but leaves my face a little coarser than other cleansers which i prefer. if you like foaming cleansers, try caudelie (amazing foam. very lux), chanel's foaming mousse, shiseido benefience, and even clean and clear makes one which i like better.

on 3/8/2003 1:26:00 PM

I used to use this as a makeup remover a lot, when I would travel constantly, in my former job. It was...okay. It usually managed to remove most or all of my makeup, but it would often leave my combo/oily skin feeling a little tight afterward, especially if I followed through with my usual cleanser---it really didn't cleanse my skin completely---it just took a lot of the makeup off and left a sort of buildup behind it that I needed the cleanser to take away. There are other products that are cheaper and/or better.