Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 4/7/2003 4:50:00 PM

I really like this cleanser- I have combination skin (dry upper lip and eyebrows, normal to oily everywhere else) and this cleanser does a great job of cleaning off all my make-up without leaving my skin feeling stripped or tight. I agree with other people that there is no need to buy into the Clinique 3-step system, and I do feel that this cleanser is slightly overpriced, but a little bit does go a long way so I still think it's worth it.

on 4/6/2003 1:58:00 AM

I've been using this same cleanser for the past 3 years. It's a really nice 'moussey' texture foams up nicely without ever being oily/greasy. It gets off all your make up and rinses all off without leaving any icky film of residue. I have combination-oily skin and wear heavy make up most days and love using this all year round!

on 4/4/2003 6:28:00 PM

I have recieved this as a GWP a few times and I really love it. I planning to buy the full size next time I am at the mall. I have normal skin with occasional breakouts and it really does a great job without making my face feel like the Sahara Desert.

on 3/25/2003 5:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have received several tubes of this in gwps over the years and love it every time. The gwp tube is perfect for traveling.

This is a light, foamy cleanser that I have found to work well. I wear a full face of makeup every day and this cleanser does get my skin clean. I have combo/acne-prone skin and have never had a problem with this cleanser. I like it!

on 3/22/2003 12:26:00 AM

This is a good cleanser for normal to oily skin. It leaves the skin with a squeaky clean and removes makeup well.

on 3/16/2003 9:52:00 AM

totally average cleanser. using another cleanser after this one is a bad idea since it already cleanses and strips your face as many other reviewers have noted. i wonder why clinique instructs you to do that? could it be a scam to make more money since youd have to buy more products? but this cleanser smells pleasent, foams nicely, rinses off well after not too many spashes, but leaves my face a little coarser than other cleansers which i prefer. if you like foaming cleansers, try caudelie (amazing foam. very lux), chanel's foaming mousse, shiseido benefience, and even clean and clear makes one which i like better.

on 3/8/2003 1:26:00 PM

I used to use this as a makeup remover a lot, when I would travel constantly, in my former job. It was...okay. It usually managed to remove most or all of my makeup, but it would often leave my combo/oily skin feeling a little tight afterward, especially if I followed through with my usual cleanser---it really didn't cleanse my skin completely---it just took a lot of the makeup off and left a sort of buildup behind it that I needed the cleanser to take away. There are other products that are cheaper and/or better.

on 3/8/2003 10:17:00 AM

I have used this for years. I find it does a great job removing my makeup and leaving my normal skin soft and supple. I like the plastic squeeze tube. It foams up nicely and rinses off well. It is also a pretty, pearlized pink color. Clinique's "3 Step" program is too drying for my skin but this cleanser alone is perfect.

on 2/7/2003 3:17:00 PM

I received this product as an extra in a swap.
I really love it and it doesn't make my skin dry.
It cleaned well and didn't leave any residues behind.
I would definitely buy it.

on 1/25/2003 10:59:00 PM

I love this stuff! I use it once per day and it's great on my combination skin. However, I don't use it in addition to their 3 Step Line. I wash with this, use the clarifying lotion and then a moisturizer of my choice. Leaves a clean, fresh feeling on my skin. Definitely a worthwhile purchase!