August 1, 2014 | 1013 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2004 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Mesmerize

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always had good skin. I got a few zits here and there but other than that it wasn't something I stressed over. In the past few months my skin started flaring up and I was breaking out like crazy. I tried soo many different products but nothing was helping. I normally avoid Neutrogena skincare products at all costs but this one got good reviews, and also contained BP which works better with my skin than SA. I've been using it for maybe three weeks and my skin is looking GREAT. I'm using this in combination with the asprin toner and my skin is definetly showing improvement. My skin is also not dry. I think this cleanser smells really good, and it has little grains in it that feel good on my face. I've only used this as a mask once. It was good as a mask, too. Will probably re purchase if my review doesn't change.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2004 9:59:00 PM More reviews by bryants3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yippee!!! I finally found a good cleanser/mask! I have dry, sensitive skin and this worked wonders on my face. It gives you the option to use it as a facewash or mask, depending on how long you let it soak on your face. I have had a for a couple days, and have used it twice. Both times I felt that cool, tingly sensation afterward, without it overdrying my skin out. I noticed instant clearing of blackheads and pimples. It left my face feeling clean and refreshed. Thank you, Neutrogena!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by brafforton1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this cleanser when I found out I was pregnant because my skin started breaking out and I was told benzoil peroxide (the main ingredient) was one of the few safe products I could use. Within a week almost all my pimples were gone. The only reason I didn't give the product a 5 is because it can be slightly drying. To avoid dryness, I only use this cleanser once a day.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2004 12:12:00 AM More reviews by leahboh

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

FWIW, this product was way too harsh on my PPP skin. Wtth, don't use this if you have sensitive skin. It felt alright at first, and then when I took it off, my face was completely red and irritated. I am considering giving it to my sister ATM, even though this stuff is BN, because her skin is oilier and less sensitive. she is an MMM. OTOH, it did smell nice. Hths.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2004 10:40:00 PM More reviews by BEBE_T

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked Neutrogena's Oil Control Acne Mask. I don't break out often and I am not really oily, but it was a great BP mask to keep around, as it kept any occasional blackheads at bay. It seems that it has been discontinued, however. So, I purchased this, thinking maybe it would be similar. Nope. I did not buy this with the intention of using it as a cleanser, just as a mask. I just don't think it does anything. (Plus, it contains more--unnecessary--ingredients than the Oil Control Acne mask and I believe less is more.) I gave this a rating of three, though, because, while it doesn't seem to do anything good, it also doesn't seem to do anything bad. I won't be repurchasing this product. UPDATE 10/12/2005: With my step up to Green Cream 9, has come unexpected purging. BHA's irritate my skin and I wanted something to combat the purging. This is it. I remembered that I had this, so I tried it again and, now, I love it! I left it on overnight and when I woke up, and rinsed it, my skin looked gorgeous. The few areas of purging were cleared up and my skin just glowed!! I am no longer purging much, but I still use this once a week. I do still wish this contained fewer ingredients (like, no menthol), but it works well as long as I don't overdo it. So, this goes from a rating of three to a rating of five. And, now, I will definitely re-purchase--in fact, I am out, so I will be re-purchasing very soon. UPDATE, 07/06/2006: I can't use BP anymore--my skin is just too sensitive to it. I still rate this a five, though, because it does what it claims to do and would still be a great product for anyone who is able to use BP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2004 11:17:00 AM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Will buy again and again. Even bought a tube for my sister. When I take a bath at night, I let this sit on my face for about 5 minutes. I'm in my 40's and still acne prone. This clears me up and doesn't over dry. Be sure to wear a moisturizer afterward though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by L_auber

Can't say enough about this product. Love the smell, love the price, love the effects. I have combo skin which has just started to break out in recent years - never had any problems as a teenager. Started trying new products to help reduce acne and bought this based on all the good recommendations. It is definately one of the best buys I've made since becoming a MUAer. I use a tiny amount (pea sized) and rub it in using a little scrubby face pad. It tingles a little and exfoliates just a bit, not too harsh on the skin doesn't dry it out and can be used every day. A must have! I use it as a mask every once and a while but it is a little stripping as a mask so not very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2004 5:00:00 PM More reviews by CdeProphetis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have really noticed a difference after adding this to my routine. I now get a lot less breakouts. The only problem I have with it is that it REALLY dries out my lips whenever I use it so I have to be careful to not get any of it on them, even when I'm rinsing. Beyond that, it works great as both a cleanser and a mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2004 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sdoggydog

I love this cleanser. It is outstanding. I used it for the 1st time when my Mom had it for her adult acne and I stole hers the last time I was home visiting! This cleanser beats almost every cleanser I've ever tried for acne and for the price it beats ALL of them. This will be a staple in my skincare arsenal from now on!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2004 4:11:00 PM More reviews by o0obrunetteo0o

i liked this as a mask but it sucked as a cleanser......i luved the refreshing feeling and even tho i hav dry skin it left my skin smooth and glowing....... iwill definatly buy this again