August 29, 2014 | 1796 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2005 3:57:00 AM More reviews by gooberbelle

My HG daily night cleanser! I used this for most of last year (with Cetaphil as my morning cleanser) and have to say that my skin was the clearest it had been in awhile and it enabled me to get away with minimal makeup on my wedding day and look awesome! In the past month, I switched to DHC's Cleansing Oil at night (followed by the Cetaphil) and found that it broke me out horribly. I went back to the Clear Pore and it appears to be breaking the cycle. I wouldn't have normally strayed, except that Clear Pore is more drying than non-BP cleansers and I was looking for something to counteract winter dryness. Alas, dryness is a small price to pay for clear skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2004 7:09:00 PM More reviews by katykatt

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use the Dermalogica clay cleanser for oily skin, and this is a close match. I love this, I switch it with the Neutrogena Advanced acne control system and my oily/acne prone skin has never looked better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2004 7:26:00 PM More reviews by aeroxy82

awesome cleanser-nothing like it. i alternate this with my proactiv cleanser to make it last longer (proactiv in morning, this at night) since it contains BP as well. BP works wonders with my skin, and its hard to find drugstore acne cleansers with it; they all have SA as the active ingredient which does nothing for me at all. if you're not having any luck with Neutrogena's Acne Wash, try this! it may work better for you. it also leaves my skin super smooth and soft, which i love.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2004 9:20:00 PM More reviews by morningbreeze_99

Great stuff!!! I have very sensitive oily skin and this product is one of very few that works well with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2004 4:04:00 PM More reviews by gugy

i don't ussually break out, but when i do this product comes in handy. What i don't like it's that it leaves my face dry and little tight.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2004 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Mesmerize

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always had good skin. I got a few zits here and there but other than that it wasn't something I stressed over. In the past few months my skin started flaring up and I was breaking out like crazy. I tried soo many different products but nothing was helping. I normally avoid Neutrogena skincare products at all costs but this one got good reviews, and also contained BP which works better with my skin than SA. I've been using it for maybe three weeks and my skin is looking GREAT. I'm using this in combination with the asprin toner and my skin is definetly showing improvement. My skin is also not dry. I think this cleanser smells really good, and it has little grains in it that feel good on my face. I've only used this as a mask once. It was good as a mask, too. Will probably re purchase if my review doesn't change.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2004 9:59:00 PM More reviews by bryants3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yippee!!! I finally found a good cleanser/mask! I have dry, sensitive skin and this worked wonders on my face. It gives you the option to use it as a facewash or mask, depending on how long you let it soak on your face. I have had a for a couple days, and have used it twice. Both times I felt that cool, tingly sensation afterward, without it overdrying my skin out. I noticed instant clearing of blackheads and pimples. It left my face feeling clean and refreshed. Thank you, Neutrogena!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by brafforton1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this cleanser when I found out I was pregnant because my skin started breaking out and I was told benzoil peroxide (the main ingredient) was one of the few safe products I could use. Within a week almost all my pimples were gone. The only reason I didn't give the product a 5 is because it can be slightly drying. To avoid dryness, I only use this cleanser once a day.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2004 12:12:00 AM More reviews by leahboh

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

FWIW, this product was way too harsh on my PPP skin. Wtth, don't use this if you have sensitive skin. It felt alright at first, and then when I took it off, my face was completely red and irritated. I am considering giving it to my sister ATM, even though this stuff is BN, because her skin is oilier and less sensitive. she is an MMM. OTOH, it did smell nice. Hths.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2004 10:40:00 PM More reviews by BEBE_T

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked Neutrogena's Oil Control Acne Mask. I don't break out often and I am not really oily, but it was a great BP mask to keep around, as it kept any occasional blackheads at bay. It seems that it has been discontinued, however. So, I purchased this, thinking maybe it would be similar. Nope. I did not buy this with the intention of using it as a cleanser, just as a mask. I just don't think it does anything. (Plus, it contains more--unnecessary--ingredients than the Oil Control Acne mask and I believe less is more.) I gave this a rating of three, though, because, while it doesn't seem to do anything good, it also doesn't seem to do anything bad. I won't be repurchasing this product. UPDATE 10/12/2005: With my step up to Green Cream 9, has come unexpected purging. BHA's irritate my skin and I wanted something to combat the purging. This is it. I remembered that I had this, so I tried it again and, now, I love it! I left it on overnight and when I woke up, and rinsed it, my skin looked gorgeous. The few areas of purging were cleared up and my skin just glowed!! I am no longer purging much, but I still use this once a week. I do still wish this contained fewer ingredients (like, no menthol), but it works well as long as I don't overdo it. So, this goes from a rating of three to a rating of five. And, now, I will definitely re-purchase--in fact, I am out, so I will be re-purchasing very soon. UPDATE, 07/06/2006: I can't use BP anymore--my skin is just too sensitive to it. I still rate this a five, though, because it does what it claims to do and would still be a great product for anyone who is able to use BP.