December 21, 2014 | 956 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2005 11:36:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive rosacea skin, and this product burned the heck out of my skin!!! I left it on for 3 minutes as a mask. My face was red all day afterwards, even after soaking my face in chammomile tea. Ack! I did try using as just a cleanser, and that was better but still too harsh. I do believe this product would work for those with very oily skin with acne, but for those with combo sensitive skin like me, stay away! I tried this because I do get a few pimples and blackheads. I will stick to masks for sensitive skin from now on!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by crazy_beautiful

oOooooh this cleanser makes me wanna dance!! I love the tingly feeling I get after I rinse the product off.. I can feel every one of my pores clean! It has helped me with my break outs and it can be a little drying but nothing good moisturizer couldn't fix. I used to use the neutrogena deep cleaning cleanser and occassionaly switching with the cliniqe foaming face wash, and this has been the most effective cleanser. ^_^ The only part I don't like is when I go to rinse I have to go over it with warm water several times to get rid of it completely.. but I know that's from the "mask" factor you can use it for. I will keep using this unless I find something better. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2005 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Short_and_sweet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you have moderate to severe acne, this product is worth a shot. This completely clears up my skin. It's too strong for people with mild acne, that may be why it got some bad reviews. But it seems great for people with very oily, broken out skin. I've tried other cleansers after buying this, but this is the only product that keeps my face pretty clear. If I use it twice a day everyday (especially at night), it really controls my moderate acne well! Definitely my HG to always to have on hand. Glad I found it. Highly recommended, and definitely worth at least a try (if it doesn't work, just return it!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2005 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Blondie1017

I bought this on a whim at Target, on clearance and i just *had* to get it.. I am very glad I did! I used it daily for about 2 weeks and it dramatically cleared up my acne! Then I stopped using it daily b/c it started to dry me out a little bit.. now I used it a few days a week in combination with other stuff.. and my skin still is nice and clear! This stuff rocks!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2005 12:50:00 PM More reviews by mayijaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this product too...only thing is...BE CAREFUL when you wash your face that you don't get any of this product on clothes...it stains them like crazy...I messed up 5 shirts before I knew it came from the Benzoyl peroxide of this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2005 3:57:00 AM More reviews by gooberbelle

My HG daily night cleanser! I used this for most of last year (with Cetaphil as my morning cleanser) and have to say that my skin was the clearest it had been in awhile and it enabled me to get away with minimal makeup on my wedding day and look awesome! In the past month, I switched to DHC's Cleansing Oil at night (followed by the Cetaphil) and found that it broke me out horribly. I went back to the Clear Pore and it appears to be breaking the cycle. I wouldn't have normally strayed, except that Clear Pore is more drying than non-BP cleansers and I was looking for something to counteract winter dryness. Alas, dryness is a small price to pay for clear skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2004 7:09:00 PM More reviews by katykatt

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use the Dermalogica clay cleanser for oily skin, and this is a close match. I love this, I switch it with the Neutrogena Advanced acne control system and my oily/acne prone skin has never looked better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2004 7:26:00 PM More reviews by aeroxy82

awesome cleanser-nothing like it. i alternate this with my proactiv cleanser to make it last longer (proactiv in morning, this at night) since it contains BP as well. BP works wonders with my skin, and its hard to find drugstore acne cleansers with it; they all have SA as the active ingredient which does nothing for me at all. if you're not having any luck with Neutrogena's Acne Wash, try this! it may work better for you. it also leaves my skin super smooth and soft, which i love.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2004 9:20:00 PM More reviews by morningbreeze_99

Great stuff!!! I have very sensitive oily skin and this product is one of very few that works well with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2004 4:04:00 PM More reviews by gugy

i don't ussually break out, but when i do this product comes in handy. What i don't like it's that it leaves my face dry and little tight.