Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great, basic soap that gently cleanses and doesn't dry out the body . I love the suds and the fresh, clean smell.

on 2/7/2009 6:26:00 PM

After trying so many soaps, body washes, gels ... I always go back to this one. I've given up trying anything else, why waste the money. Doesn't dry out my skin or leave a film. Smells nice and does the job. HG.

on 1/29/2009 12:59:00 PM

I use this soap daily. Its so gentle to my skin and leaves it nice and soft. I hate soaps that leave a filmy rubbery feeling. THis one doesn't, I even got my hubby to use it and he loves it! his favorite is the green cucumber scent, and now his brother uses it and my little brother too! They love it! I only use it on my body in the shower, haven't tried on my face but I'm sure is would feel good too.

on 1/29/2009 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love Dove soap!!! I've bought all kinds of cleansers through the years (I'm 43) both cheap and expensive and realized that this is still the best. It gets makeup off easily and leaves my skin feeling really soft. I never have that "tight feeling" with Dove that I've had with other cleansers. This facial soap just a better version of the original good old Dove barl---yea!

on 1/21/2009 5:57:00 AM

This is pure and simple and so cheap. It takes off everything in one easy step.

Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar
I've been useing this stuff for about 2 years now, and am still happy with it. it lathers well, cleans well, and it adds moisture.

i always get compliments about how soft my skin is when i use it.

on 1/21/2009 1:58:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I love it! Me and my mom have been using the beauty bar for the past 10 years, and although it is not the same as using some high-end cleansers, this soap is always there and I never refuse to like it. It does not overdry my normal skin, and you can use it on face and body. It smells great too. If you use it to wash your hands, the pretty smell will actually stay on your hands for quite a few hours. Make sure to use a moisturizer after washing your face, though, because solid soaps are usually less moisturizing than liquid ones.

on 1/21/2009 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i have been using the white dove beauty bar most of my life on my body but never on my face. i have very reactive acne prone skin so for at least 20 years i have been using a salicylic acid cleanser to help control my breakouts to little avail. about a month ago, i went on a trip and forgot my facial cleanser so i used my dove soap. guess what? no breakouts!!! for a month!! so i highly rec for anyone suffering from dry flaky sensitive reactive zitty skin to give it a try for a few weeks.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I dont know why I bother with anything else other than the Dove Beauty Bar. I have super sensitive and itchy skin that gets very angry when I use overly scented products. Dove is so gentle and truly is amazing. My skin feels baby soft after use and is lightly scented. The scent isn't overwhelming and just smells clean, my bf loves the smell of it!! Dove is my HG. It has saved my skin and I am so glad that I rediscovered it.

on 12/28/2008 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have super dry skin that will break up angrily or dry up terribly if disturbed and God knows it doesn't take much for that to happen.
That said, the Dove bar is the only soap I can use on my body and hands, in fact, during the driest months of the year, I would rather go dirty than use anything else, haha!.
It's so good that it is the only thing that will keep my hands from cracking in winter.
But!.
I recently decided to start using it on my face -bad idea-.
My skin felt supple and radiant but it gave me huge white heads and cysts at the rate of three or four A DAY.
I couldn't believe it, but it is the sad truth.
So, in conclusion.
Great for the body and hands but beware if you decide to start using it as a facial cleanser.