April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Walko

I bought this foundation as I was getting fed up paying for high end brands and know some drug store products are just as good. This is a good little foundation. It leaves my mature skin dewy but not greasy. Matte can be so aging so I loved this.Good coverage without looking heavy and super selection of colours.Spf 20. Well yes, but the sunscreen in this (ensulizole) does not protect against UVA , so it is not broad spectrum. Ok you can wear a sunscreen underneath and that is how I will use it up .But I will not repurchase as if a product claims to be broad spectrum I expect it to be just that.Do not rely on this alone for sun protection. Otherwise a good foundation , but still leaves me dissapointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a long-time Revlon Colorstay wearer, and had heard this had converted a few people, so I had to try.

Wish I could give this 3.5 stars overall.... I'm on the fence with this foundation so far. I've used it about 5 times, and there are some things I am super excited about, and some things that are really disappointing.

First, the selection of shades available, the price point and the packaging are all fantastic. I love the pump and the glass container. The application of this foundation is so easy -- it seems like glide over my skin and have a dry oil-type texture. It blends so beautifully and has great medium-to full coverage. I only need 1/2 pump to cover my face. All these things, in my opinion, trump Revlon Colorstay.

However, I run into issues when it comes to wear. I've started using a transparent mineral setting powder (just using a cheap one from Maybelline) over the top of this foundation, because even though it feels dry and fully set after a minute or two, I've noticed rapid wear-down in the oily areas on my face (nose, mostly) after just a few hours and the powder seems to help. I do also use blotting papers a few hours in. On the sides of my nose, I notice that the foundation breaks down irregularly, leaving sort of patchy-noticable bits of foundation. I haven't yet tried reapplying the foundation in these areas mid-day. I plan to keep using this foundation and experimenting with different moisturizers underneath, setting powders, etc. to see if I can get better wearing results, because I am so impressed with the application of this foundation.

One thing I didn't notice was any color oxidation, which a lot of other reviewers had experienced. I had chosen a shade (Buff Beige) slightly lighter than my usual foundation shade (though perhaps truer to my actual skin tone).

UPDATE**

I wrote the above in the summer time and now it's the dead of winter. My skin is currently freaking out - oily on the nose and forehead, patches of acne (which I never usually have) on my jawline, and dry, sore, flaky spots int he creases on the sides of my nose and chin. I can't use my Revlon Colorstay - it dries my skin out further and really accentuates my flakes. I also sometimes use Maybelline FitMe liquid foundation. I've used that a few times since my skin started acting up, and it helped conceal the dryness because it is so moisturizing, but it didn't last too long and it wasn't very full coverage. For the last week I've been picking up Cover Girl's Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 again, and I'm really loving it. People have even commented, asking if I'm doing something different and saying that I look well-rested. I am now using NYC's translucent loose powder over this foundation to set it, and it leaves a super-fine, smooth finish and feel all-day. My nose is still showing a bit of oilyness midday, but I just use a blotting tissue. Otherwise, I'm really happy with this foundation! It is not breaking down the way it did in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Thuyh228

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have an oily t-zone, but this foundation has kept me matte. I really like this foundation. It didn't oxidize on me. I'm in the color 855 soft honey and I feel like it matches me perfectly. It lasted all day until I washed it off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Crispyhexagon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

at 40 I've been blessed with decent skin but I have started getting some slight wrinkles around my eyes and was worried that this foundation might settle in to them making me look older or in the very least my age and was pleasantly surprised when it not only didn't settle into my lines making me look older but actually did the job of the primer and smoothed out the lines and evened out the slight discolorations at my jawline .. a little dab will do your whole face so don't apply heavy handed... it adds a luminosity w/o that horrible sparkle they used to put in makeup for illumination.. when I used to check myself in mirrors during a night out I'd always get disappointed at how dull and tired I thought my skin looked after a few hours but from the time I leave the house to the time I crawl into bed it still looks fresh and bright.. very happy with the foundation and with the price! I feel for the ladies getting the cystic breakouts as I've had other products do the same to me knock on wood this isn't one of them!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodgal23

I just recently started using this foundation and so far, I have no complaints. While it does not last all day, it does last long...say 5 hours. I really like the packaging. And a little goes a long way. Their lightest shade matches my skin perfectly! I have acne prone skin and I'm happy to say that this foundation does not, or has not yet broke me out. Yay! For the affordable price, this is definitely a must-try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by airinX0X

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love love loveeeed this foundation. What's not to love about it? It has great coverage, the color was perfect, and it lasts on my face all day even though I have very oily skin! I completely thought this was my HG foundation and that I would never ever buy another one again... until I started noticing pimples popping up all over my face! My skin had been clear and nice up until wearing this foundation. Of course, I thought that it was something else besides the foundation. until I stopped using it for a month and my skin cleared up immediately! then two days ago I used this once again and my skin started breaking out. Too bad I cant use this because this is one of the greatest foundations I have ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Aliyourpally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have purchased 3 bottles of this foundation. As it begins to be colder, I pale so fast and I hardly tan in the summer. My skin is so white, I even get called milky sometimes. I loved this foundation when I first bought it, and I kept buying it and each bottle lasted me about two months. But lately, I've started to notice how orange it looks and how cakey it gets. I've bought primers and I always moisturize and powder but it rubs off around my nose and under my eyes. When I laugh or smile, I get so many lines around my mouth and my upper lip just looks awful(I always remove the hair so it should look smooth). I have acne, but I feel like this foundation really clogs my pores. Right now I have two huge cystic zits on my chin. I went out and bought the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. Hopefully it's light enough for me and doesn't cause me to break out :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I did not want to like this foundation. I try to avoid skincare and cosmetic products that use certain chemicals. I have sensitive skin and care about the potential harmful affects of certain ingredients so I avoided this particular product since it came out despite raves. I primarily got it to use on my very long work days. I sometimes have to work 12+ hours and my makeup no matter how I set it, looks a mess by the end of the day. I rationalized this by telling myself that if I do not use it daily that it should not be tooooo bad. Well dangit, I like it a lot. I still try not to use to often but I adore it on those long days for sure. It does not sting or tighten my dry/normal skin and wears very well throughout the day. I tried it with with my fingers, beauty blender and elf powder brush...all worked very well. The finish is flawless and I never have to set it (although I still do sometimes). It is a little cakey around my nose, somewhat highlighting the pores but not very noticeable and wayyyy better than any other foundation that I've tried. The packaging is blah but it does have a pump. The color selection seemed decent. I am around NC20, fair yellow and I got Buff Beige 825.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sammm27

This isn't my HG foundation, but I really do like this. I have oily skin and this lasts me all day. The coverage is really nice and the color matches me perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by krsn89

EDIT: I can no longer stand to wear this in daylight/natural light. I only wear it if I'm going to be indoors the whole day or going out at night where the poor colour match won't be so obvious. I tried it again recently at an outdoors event and was horrified to see that my face was peach coloured. It's such a shame because the formula is phenomenal. :(

* ABOUT MY SKIN *
- I have combination skin. My t-zone is an oil slick, and I have normal/dry skin everywhere else, with dark acne scars and hyperpigmentation on my chin. Any active acne tends to be very red as well, and my cheeks tend to get a bit red.
- I am Asian with yellow undertones. My colour in MAC (SFF) is NC35.

* PACKAGING & PRICE *
I actually own 2 colours of this foundation, and I purchased them at Wal-Mart for around $12 each (CDN). This foundation is available in 14 shades. The packaging is awesome, it is a glass bottle with a blue pump that swivels so you can lock it, and then a plastic lid. I have absolutely no complaints about the packaging!

* FORMULA, COLOUR & APPLICATION *
The Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation is not a runny or overly liquid foundation, but it is definitely not super thick like a cream. I would say it is a little on the thicker side, which I prefer. There is a slight chemical/sunscreen scent when you are applying but it disappears once you have it on your face. I prefer applying foundations with a brush, so I have used this with both my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and my ELF flat top powder brush. It sets quickly but with enough time to blend, and it blends easily. I *love* the way this feels after it has set. It dries to a soft, powdery matte finish. It's not deathly matte at all, it looks completely natural and I don't feel the need to set this with powder. It is not tacky in the slightest. The colours I own are Medium Beige and Soft Honey. My issues with this foundation lie in the colour selection. Even though I've asked around on the board and watched several reviews stating that this foundation would NOT be yellow enough for me, I obviously didn't listen and bought them anyway. Medium Beige is waaaaaay too light and pink for me, as someone with an NC35 skintone. Soft Honey looks amazing on my skin for the first little while, but then it oxidises MUCH darker and MUCH pinker than it should! While these shades look much yellower than the rest of the shades available, both of these shades are still WAY too pink for someone with a yellow/golden undertone. I have to mix the two (about 75% Soft Honey to 25% Medium Beige) to get a shade that matches better, but something about it is so odd on my face because it's so pink toned.

* COVERAGE & STAYING POWER *
The coverage of this foundation is amazing. I would say it's about medium to full coverage, but it could probably be sheered out with a damp sponge. I only put a dab of concealer on my chin (where I have very dark hyperpigmentation) because it covers everything else SO well. My skin looks perfect and airbrushed with this foundation. It feels fairly lightweight on the skin for having such good coverage, and other face makeup applies smoothly on top. I apply my makeup at around 7 AM every day and usually don't take it off until 10 or 11 PM at night. This stays put SO well. I am totally impressed by the staying power of it. I recently wore it almost all day, from 7 AM until 2 AM that night, and it held up spectacularly and was still completely on my face! I have a super oily t-zone, and while I do need to blot and powder regularly to stay looking fresh, I don't with this foundation and my t-zone barely gets dewy! And that's with no primer and no powder on top! It also does transfer a little, but nothing major at all, and probably the least out of my regularly used foundations (Maybelline Superstay & Rimmel Lasting Finish). Like all foundations, I remove this with Pond's Cold Cream at night and then wash my face with SpectroJel cleanser on my Olay Pro X brush. I haven't had any breakouts with this foundation. This does have SPF in it, but depending on the lighting, it doesn't give me too much of a white cast.

* FINAL THOUGHTS *
I love almost everything about this foundation. I love the finish, feel, blendability, packaging, price and staying power. I think it is a VERY good drugstore foundation, and it would probably be my HG if not for the one major thing I dislike about it. I dislike that the colour selection is SO pink in this line. I'm going to use my bottles up, but I don't think I will repurchase this because it's just not yellow/golden enough for my skin. Even if it were more neutral it would be more workable but nope. The shades are unmistakeably pink. It's so unfortunate because this is fantastic for my oily skin. I don't know if I would recommend it for very dry skin, but it is still a very good foundation. As always with drugstore foundations, fairer and deeper complexions may have a hard time finding a match. I know there is a Queen collection with deeper shades available but I haven't seen that in Canada. This is worth a try if you can find a shade that matches you!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No