April 23, 2014 | 908 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by marinabonet88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand how this got such a high review. I hated this foundation. I have sensitive, dry to combination skin and as soon as I had put this on, I immedately had dry patches all over my face. My routine always starts with a cleanser, moisturizer then foundation..skipped primer since it had one already, but omg this product was awful the moment I put it on. It is very light and goes on smoothly,I'll give it that, but that's about it. I don't recommend this product if you have oily or dry skin at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Maybe it really is possible to "get a bad one"? I haven't had the same experience with this as everyone else seems to have had. I found the coverage of this average, and when I tried to build it up it still didn't give me great coverage. I have acne scars to hide, I'm not someone who already has good skin or something. But I didn't expect this to have concealer-like coverage, I just thought it would give better coverage and it just wasn't good in that area compared to the numerous other drugstore foundations I've tried.
I have oily skin and when I put this on it wasn't a matte finish like everyone says. On me it was actually a pretty dewy finish (it felt dry to the touch but looked pretty dewy), even after I had just put it on after my skincare routine in the morning and my face wasn't very oily yet. I use an oil-controlling base too, and my face stayed dewy looking throughout the day...
Another problem I had with this was trying to prevent it from looking cakey. I could get a bit more coverage by using a flat top brush (still not great coverage like people say), but then it would look cakey. I tried using primers and making sure my face was well moisturized and everything, but I had to use my blending sponge (a beauty blender "dupe") with this, otherwise it would have looked cakey.
It did seem to stay pretty good and didn't get ridiculously oily throughout the day, and it didn't oxidize or turn dark on me like it seems to have done for other reviewers. I could say it worked alright with my oily skin in the heat overall (not as good as revlon colorstay for combination/oily skin, which I can't use because it breaks me out), but I was disappointed with the coverage and how I had to try to make sure it didn't look cakey. It doesn't seem to be breaking me out which is good.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by twizzledizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

As someone who manages BP magnitude oil spills on her face every day, I was very impressed by this foundation's mattifying power. I had 6+ hours of wear before little signs of oil show up, and even then, it just became dewy instead of a gross oil slick.
It has a nice watery texture that feels lightweight on the skin. I'm around NC30 (plus or minus a few sunny days) and 842 was a decent match colorwise, but the pink undertone makes my skin look really ashy. Despite the awesome mattifying effect, I'm going to have to return it because of the color.

Now for the bad:

- you need a heavy duty cleansing ritual for this. I double cleansed using carrier oils and followed up with a gel cleanser, then baby wipes. Repeat.

- cakeface. it can look reaaaally cakey. I applied one layer with a stippling brush, and maybe I'm just not used to full-coverage, but damn.

- settled into my pores and clogged my nose like cray

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ninaanngi

This isn't the best for dry skin. BUT YOU AN MAKE IT WORK! I heard SO MANY good reviews and so I wanted this sooooo badly! But unfortunately, once again us dry-very dry girls were left out. It made my pores noticeable, showed my flakes, and had no coverage. I picked this up at Walmart for $9 ($10 because tax) so I thought it was a waste. And even after some moisturizing I couldn't get it to work! But then I found a way! I went to Walmart and picked up the Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer for $8 ($9 if you add tax) and spread it on my face. I then dotted the foundation on my face and used my Eco Tools Kabuki/Stippling brush to blend and it worked!!!! My skin looked fabulous. I also added my CoverGirl Clean powder to set it. All I needed was a primer! The packaging is AWSOME by the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I love to try new products even though its rare for me to fall in love with something so much, but I can honestly say that after using this for about a week now I am in love! I've read all these amazing reviews about it and the shine free part sold me on it as I tend to get a very oily t-zone. I got the lightest colour, which matches me perfectly, and even though I've read this foundation oxidizes on some people but I haven't had any problems. It has good coverage as I have some acne scarring on my cheeks and chin, and this covers it beautifully but it doesn't feel heavy or look cakey, thick or fake. I look glowing. Not luminous as in a shiny or a dewy look which I'm not a fan of due to my oily skin, but it gives a beautiful skin look, which is what we all want. Flawless looking skin. It blends well, it lasts for about 6 hours before I need a touch up which isn't bad, and that's without setting power. With powder if say it lasts about 8 hours. The packaging is lovely and the price is reasonable. This is my new go to foundation and I couldn't be happier. Nothing negative to say here.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Walko

I bought this foundation as I was getting fed up paying for high end brands and know some drug store products are just as good. This is a good little foundation. It leaves my mature skin dewy but not greasy. Matte can be so aging so I loved this.Good coverage without looking heavy and super selection of colours.Spf 20. Well yes, but the sunscreen in this (ensulizole) does not protect against UVA , so it is not broad spectrum. Ok you can wear a sunscreen underneath and that is how I will use it up .But I will not repurchase as if a product claims to be broad spectrum I expect it to be just that.Do not rely on this alone for sun protection. Otherwise a good foundation , but still leaves me dissapointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a long-time Revlon Colorstay wearer, and had heard this had converted a few people, so I had to try.

Wish I could give this 3.5 stars overall.... I'm on the fence with this foundation so far. I've used it about 5 times, and there are some things I am super excited about, and some things that are really disappointing.

First, the selection of shades available, the price point and the packaging are all fantastic. I love the pump and the glass container. The application of this foundation is so easy -- it seems like glide over my skin and have a dry oil-type texture. It blends so beautifully and has great medium-to full coverage. I only need 1/2 pump to cover my face. All these things, in my opinion, trump Revlon Colorstay.

However, I run into issues when it comes to wear. I've started using a transparent mineral setting powder (just using a cheap one from Maybelline) over the top of this foundation, because even though it feels dry and fully set after a minute or two, I've noticed rapid wear-down in the oily areas on my face (nose, mostly) after just a few hours and the powder seems to help. I do also use blotting papers a few hours in. On the sides of my nose, I notice that the foundation breaks down irregularly, leaving sort of patchy-noticable bits of foundation. I haven't yet tried reapplying the foundation in these areas mid-day. I plan to keep using this foundation and experimenting with different moisturizers underneath, setting powders, etc. to see if I can get better wearing results, because I am so impressed with the application of this foundation.

One thing I didn't notice was any color oxidation, which a lot of other reviewers had experienced. I had chosen a shade (Buff Beige) slightly lighter than my usual foundation shade (though perhaps truer to my actual skin tone).

UPDATE**

I wrote the above in the summer time and now it's the dead of winter. My skin is currently freaking out - oily on the nose and forehead, patches of acne (which I never usually have) on my jawline, and dry, sore, flaky spots int he creases on the sides of my nose and chin. I can't use my Revlon Colorstay - it dries my skin out further and really accentuates my flakes. I also sometimes use Maybelline FitMe liquid foundation. I've used that a few times since my skin started acting up, and it helped conceal the dryness because it is so moisturizing, but it didn't last too long and it wasn't very full coverage. For the last week I've been picking up Cover Girl's Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 again, and I'm really loving it. People have even commented, asking if I'm doing something different and saying that I look well-rested. I am now using NYC's translucent loose powder over this foundation to set it, and it leaves a super-fine, smooth finish and feel all-day. My nose is still showing a bit of oilyness midday, but I just use a blotting tissue. Otherwise, I'm really happy with this foundation! It is not breaking down the way it did in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Thuyh228

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have an oily t-zone, but this foundation has kept me matte. I really like this foundation. It didn't oxidize on me. I'm in the color 855 soft honey and I feel like it matches me perfectly. It lasted all day until I washed it off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Crispyhexagon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

at 40 I've been blessed with decent skin but I have started getting some slight wrinkles around my eyes and was worried that this foundation might settle in to them making me look older or in the very least my age and was pleasantly surprised when it not only didn't settle into my lines making me look older but actually did the job of the primer and smoothed out the lines and evened out the slight discolorations at my jawline .. a little dab will do your whole face so don't apply heavy handed... it adds a luminosity w/o that horrible sparkle they used to put in makeup for illumination.. when I used to check myself in mirrors during a night out I'd always get disappointed at how dull and tired I thought my skin looked after a few hours but from the time I leave the house to the time I crawl into bed it still looks fresh and bright.. very happy with the foundation and with the price! I feel for the ladies getting the cystic breakouts as I've had other products do the same to me knock on wood this isn't one of them!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodgal23

I just recently started using this foundation and so far, I have no complaints. While it does not last all day, it does last long...say 5 hours. I really like the packaging. And a little goes a long way. Their lightest shade matches my skin perfectly! I have acne prone skin and I'm happy to say that this foundation does not, or has not yet broke me out. Yay! For the affordable price, this is definitely a must-try.