September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by scatterbrayne

Today was my first day using this BB cream, and my first BB cream ever. I loved the light and smooth texture and it blended into my skin quite well. Got a little cakey here and there, which was annoying, but I smoothed it out and powdered my face before heading to work. It lasted longer than I expected, about as long as my foundation would. At about the 5 hour mark my T-zone began to gwt oily, as usual, but I think with the BB cream my skin was even oilier and shinier than usual. No biggie, dab a couple tissues and get on with it.
Usually if a product is going to break me out, the blemishes start erupting maybe 7 or 8 hours in. 12 hours and not a blemish in sight.
Somewhat blurred imperfections, made my skin look a little more inviting but no results were really worth raving about.
So-so product. Probably won't buy again, as I'd like to explore other BB creams before settling.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I love the idea of bb creams (beauty balm or blemish balm). The idea of them is just fabulous and it seems as though every company is jumping on board, so there is so many to choose from. I hadn't really done much research on any drugstore bb creams but this one was the least expensive and claimed to do so much, so I thought how could I go wrong? But here I am. This is, in my opinion absolutely horrible. I have combination skin with a fair amount of acne scarring and some redness by my nose. First of all the consistency of this is quite runny. I poured some on my fingers and it went everywhere. I got the shade in light/medium and I have pretty fair skin and this was too dark for me. It didnt look horrible but I had to make sure I blended it well down my jawline and neck. It felt okay on my face and it gave me a very light, sheer coverage which is fine because its not meant to act as a foundation which tends to cover more so keep that in mind. So first impression was okay. Not astounded, not super bummed, pretty meh. I didn't use a primer, but I did set it with a powder as I need to with most things especially in my t-zone. Maybe an hour or two later, I walked passed a mirror and was horrified. I looked disgustingly greasy everywhere, and I wiped my forehead and it was grease, shine central. It doesn't last and it just falls off my skin, even when I tried it with a primer. The only thing that's okay is the packaging. It's small and cute looking, but over all I hated this stuff. Sorry Maybelline.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Greasy, gooey, melts off my face eventually. Even though this is marketed for all skin types I believe it is too rich for my combination skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Loewe99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this BB cream about 6 months ago and I have to admit that I'm not impressed with this product at all. The cream is extremely oily and it leaves a greyish cast on my skin with or without flash photography. The coverage is quite good but I did not like the way it felt on my skin as it felt greasy and the staying power did not last. I prefer the Missha BB cream to this BB cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by mellifera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Nice sheer coverage
Deep is an excellent match for AA skin tones

Cons:
Sits on a throne of lies re: being a 1 step product
Broke me the f*ck out
Doesn't cover dark acne scarring.

I really liked this and wished that I could rate it higher. I liked that it was a nice light weight product and used it on days that I didn't feel like putting on a heavy base or spending a lot of time fussing with my make up. Unfortunately it A) is not a one step product like it claims to be and B) gave me two cystic zits the size of Jupiter. I first tried it without primer. I spent 2 1/2 hours out running errands on a mild spring day and had to blot my face 3 times. It worked much better when I used e.l.f.'s Mineral Infused Primer and set it with Bare Minerals Tinted Mineral Veil; I had to blot once in an 8 hour day. The bad thing about it being so light weight is that it only evened my skin tone. I still had to use concealer to completely cover the slight acne scarring I have on my chin.

All in all, this is a nice sheer product and I'd recommend it to anyone with normal skin. If you're prone to break outs, give this one a pass.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

I purchased the Maybelline version of BB cream shortly after I purchased the L'Oreal version and I've been using both of these products off and on for several weeks now. I've got a lot to say about both of them, but I will start with a review for the Maybelline 8-in-1 BB cream.

This product claims to provide broad spectrum SPF30 and the following eight benefits:
Blurrs Inperfections; Enhances; Brightens; Ajusts to skin tone; smoothes; Hydrates; SPF 30 Protects; 0% oils and other heavy products.

The texture of this BB cream is MUCH nicer than the L'Oreal BB cream (another one i recently bought to try out), in my opinion. It doesn't contain the harsh grains of the L'Oreal version, and it's also creamier (the L'Oreal version feels more like a lotion). And of course the most obvious difference: it's not an opaque white, self-adjusting cream (although the label says it does adjust to your skintone).

The shade I purchased, Light, is a good color-match for my MAC NC20 skintone. It's not perfect (it's a tiny bit too light) but it is definitely workable. By the way, there are five shades in the Maybelline range and I've heard from several of my friends with deeper skintones who have been been able to find a good match in Maybellines color range. I get happy when makeup companies make shades that work for a larger variety of us!

In general, the Maybelline BB Cream does a decent job of covering minor imperfections, evening out redness and smoothing fine lines. It's creamy, spreads well and blends easily. It's very moisturizing, yet it doesn't feel thick, heavy or sticky on the skin. It really feels light--almost like a second skin. I can wear this product without having to apply a regular facial moisturizer beforehand, so it's nice that I can skip that step in my routine. But as with many tinted moisturizers I own, after about four hours, this product becomes far too greasy on my oily skin. In this hot weather we've been having lately, the natural oils in my skin literally eat up this product, and after about five hours, it looks like I'm barely wearing anything at all. I've tried setting it with oil-control powders and that doesn't really keep things in place longer than five hours. I would say that if your skin is dry to normal, you'll have much better luck with this product, but if you have oily to very oily skin, I don't think this will be able to take you through the day. It does a little bit better if I wear a primer underneath, but not by much. The fragrance of this product is very mild, sort of like a regular foundation, and I have experienced no breakouts or irritation since I've been using this BB cream. Will I buy this again? Yes. It wasnt perfect, but It worked well for the price, and compared to other drug store BB creams.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Youngyanna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this product twice. It is not good as a full coverage foundation. However, it is great for those days when you are in a rush or don't want to wear makeup. It's smoothes my skin and makes me look a bit for flawless. It is also very hydrating. Only downfall is that it does not last all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm so sorry to say that I HATE this product. It did absolutely nothing for be besides leave my give oily as he'll and eventually broke me out. After just one use I wanted to tell everyone how disappointed I was at this bbcream but I hate reviewing products after just one use so I thought I'd give it a couple of tries more. NOTHING changed about my opinion except that I probably dislike it even more. Didn't even out my skin, left me looking pale even though I purchased the one that's supposed to match my skin tone. And eventually always had to go back with a consealer and my foundation over it because the coverage is basically non existent. If you have mixed to oily face or need a little bit more that the lightest coverage ever do yourselves a favor and DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY IN THIS PRODUCT!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Bectasticc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in the light/medium shade. This bb cream did blur the blemishes on my face and gave me an even skin tone. The problem was it had a very noticeable orange tint to it. I looked like an Oompa Loompa- not exactly the look I was going for. Also after using this product for a couple of days I broke out really bad! I almost never break out so I was very surprised and disappointed. Another thing I HATE about this Bb cream is the packaging. It is so messy and the product spills out of the tube any time you pick it up. Not fun to clean up. I know lots of people love this product- but I most certainly do not! I tried the Loreal bb cream and had much better success with that!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by gabby1765

Yea i guess i like it. I have weird skin, its red pretty much everywhere. My nose and cheeks are the worst. I like to use it everywhere but my nose. It covers up nice. I dont choose to put it on my nose because its so red it dosent cover it up completly, so i use a different foundation on my nose. The only thing i dont love about it is if you put alot i just feel like i know its there and i can feel it. I also do alot of exercise...when i sweat it comes off...conclusion, its OK.