November 27, 2014 | 1000 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I couldn't decide whether to buy Naked or Naked 2 at first, but I went with 2 because I thought the cool toned colors would better suit my fair skin. Even having getting it home and swatching the colors some more, I was skeptical if it would work for me. After using it for a few days, I loved it. I bought the palette a month ago and I've used it almost everyday!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

Well I love the cool tones. I wish there were more matte tones there are only 2 true matte tones. The colors are pigmented but, no they aren't highly pigmented. I still prefer mac eye shadows to urban decay shadows. They are all for the most part extremely shimmery. I hate the black I think I've been spoiled by MAC's Carbon (HG of black shadows). Also the black fell right out of the palette already! So frustrating. And it never closes all the way! Great packaging looks wise but, AWFUL when it comes to functionality. Also this is about 50 bucks for about 12 shades...

I won't buy this again simply because I will never need all of those shades. For the most part they are so extremely similar and I only use about 6 of the shades regularly. I think I'd be better off with making a palette with MAC...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the packaging and I actually really like the brush, but the e/s itself... well, I'm a little disappointed. I love the colors. This is my first higher end cosmetics purchase and I was hoping that the shadow would be better. I find that by the end of the day, the colors sort of all blend together into one color. I do get some creasing occasionally. I don't experience that with some of my drugstore e/s, and I feel as though the price of this pallet warrants being able to wear it without having to use a primer.

EDIT: I returned this. It just creases and blurs too much and I can't justify spending more money on a primer when I can get DS e/s that lasts better and longer for 1/3 of the price.

I do like the texture of this e/s, and you can get a good color payout with just one swipe of the brush. I do have to do this before my foundation bc of the fallout on my cheeks, which I suppose it a trade up for the nice texture. Again though, I don't experience this with some of my drugstore e/s.

The main reason I bought this was for the matte black color- it's fantastically opaque and no hint of shimmer or sparkle, which I appreciate. I like Pistol, Bootycall, Tease, and Busted the best. Busted is prob my favorite.

Overall, I don't feel the quality of the e/s is better than many drugstore e/s. However, I like the colors and I like the packaging, and I appreciate the brush that came with it. 3 lippies from me. Won't repurchase though.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MrsC0617

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE it! the shadows are so rich and highly pigmented. they look beautiful all day long. my personal favorite is YDK, but they are all gorgeous. this is a must own for everyone, no matter what your skin tone, eye color, etc. are. buy this...you won't regret it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by faithsmommy

AMAZING. This product is 110% worth the money! i will continue to repurchase this product over and over and over. I have both the original NP and NP2. I was skeptical at first to buy this because i was so in love with the first naked palette and everybody said the first had "warmer" colors and im tan so i didn't think naked2 was going to be for me. Surprisingly i think i might even like the second one better than my first. Anyways i love both palettes but this is for sure worth buying! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Loveaddict3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say that the colors on this palette are AMAZING! They give you a wonderful selection of shade that are matte and shimmery which allows me to create amazing patterns on my eyes with every outfit I wear. I will say that I wish it had more of each shadow being that it is pricey, but I will buy this again because it is HG material for me! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by caseyleighokay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing. I am a happy owner of the original Naked, and when announcements about this new one were released, I prepared to buy it. I got it for Christmas, and having used it for about five months now, I can say that I am extremely happy with it. The colors are sensational, even for extremely pale skin like my own. I am obsessed with neutral eyeshadows, and these are great for any kind of makeup look. The price may bum some people out, but honestly you're still getting an incredible deal if you figure how much you're paying for a palette of full sized eyeshadows. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by xstarb0rn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that at first I had no desire to own this product. I thought it was pointless since I already owned the original Naked palette. One day when I was merrily enjoying my time at Ulta with my best friend, I ran into the Naked 2. I decided to at least look at it in person and swatch some colors. I first swatched YDK and fell in love with that shade. Then I swatched about two more and thought to myself, "I would buy this palette if I had more incentive." I had on me a $20 gift card from my boyfriend but it still wasn't worth it to me. My best friend told me when I said out loud that I was thinking about buying just the YDK shadow that he was going to give me $20 for my birthday too. That was the incentive I needed. I ended up only spending like $15 of my own dollars. I'm glad I did get it because I actually do LOVE this palette just as much as the original one, or maybe even more. I regret bashing it as much as I did. The eyeshadows are so smooth and velvety. They last a little bit longer than the ones from the Naked palette. I don't think the shadows from Naked 2 have ever creased on me, and that includes the night where I was too tired to wipe off my makeup. It's definitely got more of a taupe feel to it rather than a bronze feel as the first one has.

Pros:
everything
Cons:
the price- It's actually not too bad if you'll use the hell out of three or more shadows. Each shadow on its own costs about $20. It's just logical to buy the palette
packaging- it's annoying to close every once in a while

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by nickitraylor

I am a MU junkie, especially eyeshadow. I have the original UD Naked, and of course had to get this as well.

I wish I could combine the ones I like from each palette into my own palette.

That being said, I really like this palette- probably a smidge more than the original. I go to this almost every day, and if not this then it's the original Naked.

I do like Naked 2 packaging much better, but totally hate the brush, I'd rather have the old eyeliner (but they're not doing that at all anymore).

All in all, I'll buy this again, even though when I do have to repurchase some eye shadows I won't even have touched.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by sigriiid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am someone who is a makeup junkie but has only recently started dipping my toe into high end makeup. I had been dying over this palette on the internet for months, but couldn't convince myself to buy something like eyeshadow for $50.

Finally, I couldn't just look at swatches anymore.

After buying the Naked 2 palette from Ulta, I understand why someone would pay $50 for an eyeshadow palette. It comes with 12 full sized shadows with matte and shimmer finishes. The shadows are so, so, so smooth and blendable. Not only that, but being a neutral palette, there are an unlimited amount of combinations and looks to try. Browns have never been so exciting (except, perhaps, in the original Naked palette that I do not own). You can create very wearable day time looks as well as dramatic, sexy night time looks.

The packaging is sturdy and secure. Some might say it is a little big to travel with, but I beg to differ. It feels like it could last through shuffling around in a luggage bag (and it has).

My only trouble is that a few of the colors, Snakebite, YDK, and Busted, have fallout. I still give the palette a 5/5 because I expect that with ANY eyeshadow, and if there isn't any fallout, its just a plus.

I absolutely love this palette. Its been a few months and I'm still coming up with new looks to try. The palette excels because of its endless versatility and fool proof colors.

I would recommend this to anyone. ANYONE.

I am going to try the original Naked palette, next.