March 1, 2015 | 1137 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by dollyhorse101

Wow!! I just got this in the mail today, and I used it to test it out today and I'm seriously in love!! I've heard so many amazing things about this, and they are all true! The colours are perfect for my fair, pale skin, as they are more cool toned I find. They're so neutral and I can use all of the colours as everyday eye shadows for a nice casual look, and you can make them more dramatic too for a night out. The shadows are so pigmented!! And the packaging is so cute, and the brush it comes with is actually quite nice! I don't think I will ever need to buy eye shadows again, I will be using this everyday!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

First off, I love this packaging! It is a vast improvement from past U.D eyeshadow palettes that have a flimsy magnetic closure. This palette snaps in place and I don't feel paranoid that it is going to come open when I travel. It comes with a double-sided eyeshadow brush and mini lip junkie gloss as bonuses, neither one I'm too thrilled about. The hype factor for me are the shadows, and U.D has my favorite eyeshadow formula of all time because it is highly pigmented and long wearing, especially when worn with UD Primer. There are three matte shades included that I absolutely love- Blackout (jet black) Foxy (yellow bisque) and Tease (muted purple grey). I love the mattes so much and wish there were more of them, but the rest of the shades are stunning! Beware, if you dislike shimmer or glitter than this is not the product for you because out of the remaining nine shades, 8 of them are shimmery and 1 is glitter with quite a bit of fallout. I personally love sparkly and shimmery eyes so this does not bother me one bit and there are so many looks you can create with this, making the possibilities almost endless! I use my fingers or brushes to apply- the eyeshadow brush it comes with is useless for me because it is too stiff and the bristles are sharp, but I wear the lip gloss from time to time because it's a neutral rose/beige that compliments the shadow. For $50, you are getting 12 shadows with a bonus brush and gloss, so I find this to be well worth the price and would buy it without the bonuses.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this Palette! I mostly wear those naked and natural colors for my everyday makeup, and sometimes to evening makeup as well, and Iike it that I have all my favorite shades in one compact palette.
The shadows are beautiful and pigmented, and you can create different looks with the,- natural or dramatic, you pick.
the only thing I did not like is the brush, it's too hard and you cant really use it to apply eyeshadows..
I also LOVE the small lip gloss that came with the palette, and I really liked the package, for the fact I can carry it in my bag and not be afraid it will get opened.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I finally caved and bought this palette. I tried to get the first Naked Palette but it quickly sold out then I lost interest by the time it was back in stock. Just looking a the two side by side I thought I would give this one a try. I do have warm undertones but I find the colors in the second palette to be more current, perfect for ANY smokey look. I honestly can't count the number of combinations I use. Also Teas and Foxy have become totally indispensable to me. Again I have a warm undertone so these colors suit my skin perfectly. I love creating bronzy smokey looks with high shine and everything in between. I always prime my lids with either a Maybelline Color Tattoo shade or the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I have never had an issue with the lasting power or color payoff of any of the shadows in this palette. Also love the brush, the blending side is fantastic. It was quite pricey, but at least I got the cutest little lip gloss ever. Also I do create a look out of this palette every single day so I have to say it is worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by audaxinlucem

Received this as a gift and am so grateful! I LOVE Urban Decay eye-shadow and this palette is a must-have for anyone who loves good quality eye shadow. I actually own two of the shadows that's included in this palette but I love the wide range of neutrals both in matte and shimmers that you can mix and match! The double-ended brush is GREAT and it's travel-friendly packaging is a nice update from their previous Naked palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's funny...I read the reviews on here and cool-toned girls hate it because it's "too warm," while at the same time warm-toned girls hate it because it's "too cool." Ladies, you have to know what works for your coloring. Naked 1 is good if you like predominantly warm tones, Naked 2 is good if you're more a fan of cool tones. #1 has a few cool tones, just as #2 has a few warm tones, but overall 1 is warmer and 2 is cooler. And just because you're warm doesn't mean you can't wear cool shadows, and vice versa. Know yourself so that you don't waste time and money on products that won't work for you. Keep that in mind.

Now that being said...I am a huge fan of both (I have a separate review for Naked 1), but Naked 2 has some of my favorite colors of all time. I have light/medium olive skin that I won't categorize as either warm or cool because it can truly be either. I love the cool-toned shades in this palette and I think they're amazing "Winter" type of colors. Busted, Verve, Pistol and Suspect are all gorgeous and my personal favorites. Snakebite and Blackout are beautiful, as well, especially to smoke out the lashline. Foxy and Bootycall are your typical highlight shades, but still very nice. YDK, Chopper and Half Baked are great in terms of texture and pigment, but I do not like them on my skintone and thus rarely wear them. Tease is a unique color in swatches, but I find that it doesn't transfer well on my eyes. It's the only shade in the palette that I was truly disappointed with.

The majority of what I said in my original Naked review still applies here--including the gripe about price. Overall you're getting the same quality from both palettes, it's just a personal preference in regards to color. The eyeshadows are all very smooth and easy to work with, but keep in mind that they will always look and wear better if you apply a base (any kind..even concealer will do) underneath.

I will say, though, that Naked 2 is much more travel-friendly with the solid metal case and snap-close lid. Definitely better packaging than Naked 1. In terms of product quality, though, I think they're equal. It's just a matter of which color palette, warm or cool, works best for you.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this product is a success because it is convenient. It's easy to travel with and very versatile with its looks/uses. I like the packaging, not fussed on the brush but thatís ok. My fav colour is suspect (so beautiful) I use it pretty much every look, even just by itself blended out when I feel lazy.
I am now hesitant to go out and buy other neutral shadows (mainly MAC) because I know I will just keep reaching back for this palette, but maybe thatís not such a bad thing :). I would defiantly recommend it, itís an investment, but if you enjoy it and get the use out of it then whatís not to love!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by dardar23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Should have bought the 1 naked pallete, my skin color is too warm for this one. willing to swap. its brand new!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by jessicalanelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love, love, love this eyeshadow palette. All of the colors are usable, which is hard to find in an eyeshadow palette. UD makes the best eyeshadows, and they included a lot of very versatile shades in this product. I wear them all on a regular basis, with the "half baked", "chopper", suspect", verve" and YDK" being my go-to colors. The hues are very rich and for the most part, shimmery, without being costumish or hard to wear during the daytime hours. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In summary: This is the BEST eye shadow I have ever invested in. The colors are very rich and highly pigmented. The entire pallet is cool toned, which works perfectly for my skin. I have a warm skin tone with neutral undertones and bright green eyes. Over the years I have tried hundreds of shadows and combinations and have discovered that warm colors just don't look good on me. These shadows are very soft and easy to apply and blend. Yes there is fallout with the glitter, as others have mentioned, but I didn't find it to be bad. Just enough to have to be a little careful when applying. And yes this is a neutral pallette but it is by no means boring or mundane! The colors come through so vibrant and with the shimmer, you get the feeling of depth and character. I'm not too crazy about matte colors, except to use as a base, so I'm glad there are only a few mattes. I don't have any creasing problems, but then I never do with any shadow (except for a couple of horrible drug store creams). I very lightly sponge foundation all over my lids, and then lightly dust with a skin toned matte shadow, regardless of which eyeshadows I am using. This sets the base for the color, and when I do this, I never have creases or fading and blurring of colors. I have tried eyeshadow primers and ended up with horrible creasing so I don't even bother anymore. "Busted" is a rich eggplant color which works SO perfectly with my bright green eyes! I use "Blackout" as a liner with an angled liner brush and this works great. The brush that comes with the pallette is very nice but I'm not too picky about brushes. Overall, this was an EXCELLENT purchase for me! I am very happy about this pallette and don't even want to reach for any other shadows except the Naked2 pallette.