August 27, 2014 | 997 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by TiffanyBean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The eye shadows are so nice and very good quality. I, however, did not buy this. My mom bought it for me as a Christmas gift last year. Each other is beautiful and it gives you a variety of mattes, shimmers and glitters to choose from. I mix a couple together to get a certain color for my eyes. I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by NishaDS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the Naked 2 palette!
I can honestly say I use each and every one of these shadows. They are rich and creamy with great colour payoff. They are not overloaded with shimmer or glitter and apply easily with the duo brush. The blending brush side is really good.
The packaging is solid and snaps closed. The large mirror is perfect. A great palette for on the go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Alright, I have only had this palette for a short while (okay a few hours!) but I already know I love it!

Comparing it with the original Naked palette now, they are quite similar, but the subtle differences between them do set them apart. They both mostly consist of warm toned shadows - the ONLY complaint I have about these palettes is that there are hardly any cool toned shades represented. However, I think Naked 2 is overall more wearable for day to day looks. I know I will be reaching for this one over the original more often, especially for when I am getting ready for work. I am glad for Pistol and Verve as in the original palette there were no silvers. Chopper and YDK are also out of control amazing.

The packaging in Naked 2 is 100% an improvement on the original. It is so pretty, a lovely metal tin that looks clean, my Naked palette is so dirty and raggedy, it's such a shame.

If you are looking to only buy one palette, I think that it comes down to personal preference of the shadows really, they are both of excellent quality. You need to swatch in person, if you can. Overall though I think Naked 2 is the better out of the two - and the better packaging takes it over the line.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by bagonzalez9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the first Naked palette, and Naked2, and I prefer the first one! I'm an NC25 and I think those colors look better on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by tequilaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this on a whim after hearing a lot of hype about it & am dissapointed that I dont like it as much as I thought I would. The palette is very shimmery and has goldish and purpley-gray colors. I usually love UD for anything else but this didnt really work for me.
I'm an NC30 with brown eyes and I feel like these colors just dissapeared into my complexion.
I know they're supposed to be more neutral but still there was no WOW. I find it hard to create different looks with this palette as most colors look the same on me and more like a bunch of shimmer. I picture this looking really good on someone who's very pale with light eyes.
Besides that though I cant deny the great quality and the lip color and brush were a nice extra. Although I wouldnt re-purchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Luluwastaken

I am so glad I bought this palette. I don't own the original palette and I don't know if I would reach for it if it I did. I've been looking for a palette that isn't too warm, I would say this palette is pretty neutral with the exception of half baked. It works well with my pale warm skin.
I love the variety of lid colours, (I haven't used them all yet) my favourite being Suspect. I also love Bootycall, Snakebite, Pistol and Busted.
The shadows aren't as creamy as I thought they'd be but they so blend out nicely so that's not a big issue.
I live in Australia and there is no Urban Decay, I ordered it online for about $56 from a reputable website and that is still a bargain for me. Usually we'd be paying $33 for a single MAC shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I got this palette for my birthday and I can safely say I'm just as in love with this palette as I am with the first. I love the new colours in this one, all of them suit my skin tone perfectly and are easily blendable, as well as being able to get so many different looks from the palette. I definitely prefer the packaging on this one to the last Naked palette, because I find that the suede on the last one was susceptible to getting tatty especially when travelling with it, unlike this one which is a hard case that clips down too. The one thing that disappointed me slightly with Naked 2 was that some of the colours aren't completely new, and look strikingly similar to some in the first palette, i.e. Half Baked was in the last one and its in the new one, and Smog and Snakebite look very much like each other. Other than that, this is well worth buying, and I would definitely buy again and recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this palette! This, along with its older sister (the original Naked palette), is my daily go-to for eyeshadow... but that doesn't mean it's boring! There are so many ways to wear these shadows that you can pretty much achieve any look you're going for (smoky, natural, edgy, whatever!).

The thing I love about these shadows is that they are so beautifully blendable... I never have trouble blending them out, even if I accidentally swipe on too much at first. If you use a good fluffy brush (even the dual-ended one that comes with the palette) you will really love the result.

The shadows are highly pigmented and really pop when on your lid. Used with a good primer (I recommend the UD primer potion ORIGINAL!), it will last all day easily. The other great thing about Naked 2 is that there is more of a variety of matte shades than the original palette, which is nice for those with more fine lines or for those who don't enjoy as much shimmer.

Lastly, the packaging!! This palette's construction is so much better than the original... It snaps shut and stays secure (great for travel!), and the outside seems to be some sort of metal which is good if you are like me and sometimes get foundation or concealer or something on your makeup when you forget to wash your hands ;) The value for your money (you get SO much product and variety for your dollar, especially when you consider how much a single shadow is from UD), that I think this is a valuable and worthy part of anyone's collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by stellamirandaa

I've always been a sticker for just black eyeliner and shadow day to day, mostly because I've never really found neutral shades that work for me and colours are just a little bit too 'high school' for me now. I got the Naked 2 on a whim while I was in Los Angeles. My cousin had recommended it to me many times and seemed incredibly adamant that I purchase it before I leave.
I'm glad I did because I absolutely love the colours. I feel that having all of these different shades at hand (and all suitable for daily wear) forced me to experiment a little more and has resulted in me looking a little more classy. My favourite is YDK and Pistol as YDK feels like the most natural eye shadow colour for me and Pistol is just a really gorgeous alternative to my usual black. I haven't tried out the mini gloss yet since I'm more a lipstick girl, but the brush that comes with it is amazing. I prefer to use the blending brush though, just because I find it easier to control and is more likely to give me the result I want.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

This is a great set of colors that work very well together. Naked 2 is definitely better than the original Naked palette. I like the colors much more in this palette. That being said, I think this is too much money. I understand that Urban Decay eyeshadows are very good quality, & they cost about $17 a piece if you buy them individually....but, I still think this is too much money for eyeshadow. I've been using UD eyeshadows for a long time & they are some of my favorite, but I think $50 is a little steep for this palette. Personally, I would rather put that money towards something more useful. But, if your an eyeshadow junkie & you just have to have this, then these are some great colors to have.