Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

4.1

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Propanediol, Triethanolamine, Polyamide-5, Galactoarabinan, Caprylyl Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanediolo, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acacia Senegal Gum (Acacia Senegal), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate. +/-May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 7/30/2012 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Everyone on MUA flipped their lids over this mascara. "It's $2 and AHH-MAAH-ZING," they all seemed to trill in unision. I am a mascara snob. I stand behind Diorshow/Diorshow Blackout/Chanel Inimitable and I do not listen to haters who say these mascaras are overpriced because I feel like they're worth the hefty pricetag. But MUA's MU board is even more discerning than I am about most things, so if they're raving over $2 makeup, I have to find my shoes and haul it down to Walgreens, don't I?

First of all, it was $3.49 at my Walgreens. WHATEVER, it's a small price to pay for what one MUAer on Cafe called, "Sex for your lashes," am I right?

I want to find that MUAer and ask her what sort of sex she's been having, because if it's anything like Jordana BLEVM (interesting that the first three initials sound like BLEH) then I feel very, very sorry for her.

Okay, it's not a bad mascara. But really, all I could think was, "This is it?" I don't get the hype. At all. It smells funny. And the effect is non-existant, basically. It just made my lashes look a little bit glossy. It didn't volumize or define very much; my lashes more or less look pretty natural, albeit slightly more glossy. I'm keeping it in my emergency makeup bag, but I definitely won't repurchase.

on 7/30/2012 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Read great reviews, loved the price and the look but it irritated my eyes from the moment I put it on. I had never had that problem before - tried it several times more and got the same irritation. I didn't like the smell of it either. I will stick with Maybelline's Great Lash and L'oreal's Voluminous. Tarte makes a great mascara but the price is high for a product that needs constant replacing.

on 7/30/2012 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this after seeing all the raves on MUB and i'm glad i did! I have fairly long, dark lashes to begin with but I am always looking for something to add volume and add even a bit more length. This works amazingly. The formula is not too dry but not too wet, so it works without weighing my lashes down. As long as you apply it quickly, you should be able to build dramatic, long DARK thick lashes. Best of all it washes off easily, something which is important to me with a mascara because I want to minimize the chance of losing lashes as much as possible. I've tried Dior show, Lashblast, greatlash, YSL faux cils, too faced lash injection, Benefit They're real, all the lancome mascaras, and more but this wins over all of them! I will definitely repurchase, I can see this becoming a staple for me-it may even replace my beloved IMJU fiberwig (great but pricey for a mascara). $3 well spent!

on 7/28/2012 2:19:00 AM

Maybe i got a bad batch, just like the review below me. I really wanted to like this product, it had so much promise. It came out looking goopy and my lashes stuck together no matter how hard i tried. My lashes also hardened really quickly. The formula was very wet. I was pretty disappointed with this product but it was cheap, so you get what you pay for.

on 7/27/2012 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

well i hate to be a lone dissenter, but yeah, this is not good. i don't if i got a bad batch, but if not, i really don't like this product. it is way too wet right out of the tube and went on very goopy. by the time i could run a lash comb through, my lashes had hardened and cemented into black clumps. scary. definitely a spidery, spikey look - which is not what i want from mascara. i much prefer a softer, more natural look. great price, but not worth it when its virtually unusable. very disappointing considering all the hype.

on 7/25/2012 1:06:00 PM

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? Is this the best mascara I have ever tried? Well, no. Is this the best drugstore mascara I have ever tried? Hands down, yes. This is a great nice black mascara that works amazingly well for the $2.99 pricetag at Walgreens. I will continue to purchase this as an everyday mascara. The only reason I have it 4 lippies vice 5 is that it does clump on me if I try to apply too many coats...but honestly for 2.99 this is hands down the best everyday mascara I have ever tried.

on 7/25/2012 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am so glad that I bought this product. I picked it up at Walgreens, I had originally gone into the store to look for a Wet N' Wild eyeshadow, which they didn't have. So I thought "Well okay, I'll feel weird walking out of here with nothing. I'll just look around a bit."

So I wandered over to the "cheap" makeup counter as I call it, where they sell the Sinful Colors and the other affordable makeup. I saw this stuff, and in the picture it looked like it had a really nice brush on it, and it was about three bucks, so I thought "Why not?"

As soon as I got home I took off my makeup from the day to test it out, and WOW. This really is the definition of "Bang for your buck", it's awesome.

I guess I could almost compare it to L'oreal Voluminous, although much less goopy/wet, and the brush is a bit skinnier but it seems like there's more bristles packed in there (for comparison between the two, if you're familiar with the Voluminous).

Thickens your lashes and makes them longer, too. I'll definitely be buying this stuff again, might check out more form Jordana as well.

I don't actually have that much trouble getting it off... I use Avon's eye makeup remover lotion and it comes off fine, I do need to do a couple more swipes over my eye and at the base of my eyelashes to get it all off, but it's not bad.

Overall, this stuff is amazing, especially for the price. Definitely something I think everyone should try out!

on 7/25/2012 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hell Yes I'd buy this product again! OMG. I kept hearing all these raves here on MUA about this cheap mascara being so awesome & great & phenomenal & all that good stuff. There's somebody on the makeup board always talking about it. Naturally, when I was @ Kmart the other day & spotted it for $2.99 I had to grab it. This truly is totally A-mazing!! I love both HE & DS products, and have had my fair share of mascaras in every price range. I gotta say, this by far surpasses most of them. I don't think my lashes have ever been this long before. It just performs beautifully.

I have zero smudging, flaking, smearing, drooping, clumping, spidery lashes, none of any of that crap. Just gorgeous long, dark black lashes that hold a curl & aren't all hard & crunchy feeling (pet peeve of mine, I despise mascaras that give me those type of crispy lashes). It's not too dry, & not too wet of a formula either, it's the perfect balance imo. I know this is called volumizing, but I'd say it's definitely more lengthening. You do get volume, don't get me wrong, but the length is just amazing. My lashes touch my eyebrows when I open my eyes when I wear this stuff. And it comes off easily with my makeup remover, or soap & water. Highly, highly recommend! This is a great example that,"you get what you pay for," isn't always true. I never would've known about this if it weren't for MUA, I love this site! **I MUST go buy many, many backups like the freak that I am for fear they'll discontinue it!**

on 7/25/2012 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this based on all the great reviews here, of course. I'm in NYC and picked it up at the Kmart near Penn Station for $3. At first I was more than a little disappointed and thought this was one of those products that worked for everyone else but missed the mark for me. On its own it gave me spidery, clumpy lashes and refused to hold a curl. However, layered on top of my trusty Shiseido lash primer, I now see what the hype was about. My lashes look super long! Plus, (this is a miracle for me) no smudging! I did find it was a little difficult to remove, but I think it'll be worth it for me based on the price and performance.

on 7/23/2012 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

After trying countless mascaras in the 20+ years that I have been using mascara, both high end and drugstore brands, this ultra-cheap mascara is amazing. What a well-kept secret! The only reason I knew about it was because of you guys---thank you! It thickens decently, lengthens, and best of all holds a curl all day without smudging. I don't really understand the complaints from others about it being difficult to remove; I just wash my entire face, eyes included, with Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover ( my new favorite cleanser...it's so awesome...I could eat it) and the mascara just comes right off, all of it. I barely have to swipe under my eyes with e.m. remover. So if you are looking for an amazing cheap mascara, definitely give this one a try. You can find it at Walgreen's. Go now!
UPDATE: I still like this mascara; it still adds volume, lengthens, curls and lasts all day, but it's really wet and sticky. I find that it makes my lashes stick together very easily when applying and I have to be quick about separating them with a spoolie. But still a good mascara for the price.