April 16, 2014 | 2043 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Nymphaeatic

I'm really fond of this mascara actually, mainly because of how it separates my lashes and doesn't clump. Although I have to agree that one coat of this is hardly noticeable at all, I find that it's easy to build and I start to get a lot more volume with two coats. I hardly ever put more than two coats on, so I don't know if it would continue to build more with added coats. I've noticed a little bit of flaking recently, but that may be because my formula is starting to get a little dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by xoxmelissaa

This is a very natural looking mascara. It separates your lashes, gives some length, and some volume. If you're looking for a mascara that will give you dramatic lashes, this is not the mascara for you. It's better for the people that's looking for natural lashes. I prefer Maybelline's The Colossal mascara over this one because it gives me more length and volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by danceinthedark4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im going to have to give this two reviews, alone, and with other mascaras. Alone, this mascara is bad. It gives me a suuuper natural look that I think is way too little. I want my eyes to have lash drama going on, and this doesn't give me that. It seperates like a dream, but the volume and length provided is not even decent. The waterproof formula really stays on, my friends were really impressed, and since it's my only waterproof mascara, I'm stuck with it for now. I don't really like it, it jut doesn't give me what I want. It's good for bottom lashes, but I don't really wear mascara on my bottom lashes, so that isn't helpful to me. Now, with OTHER mascaras, this is amazing!! I can put any mascara on - I usually use L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes because it clumps like no other - and no matter how many clumps I get, I just use this mascara to clean my eyelashes up and de-clump them!! The spiky, plastic brush (which I dont like considering it is really, really spiky and hard) is very useful for breaking up clumps at the roots. I turn it on an angle, then use a very little part of the brush to do my work. So, I do not really use this as a mascara, only if I'm going to the pool or beach, but I use this as a mascara de-clumper and groomer. For that, it works really well. All in all, I might repurchase, but only for de-clumping. It's not really worth your money if you want a nice, voumizing and lengthening mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by ELFLOVERRR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing, makes my lashes va va voom, and its better than my Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara which I used for a verrrry long time. Best mascara I've purchased ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by onceuponatime1

Mehh. I have been using this product for about three months, and only yesterday when I picked up an old tube of Maybelline Volum' Express (black tube) did I notice how LITTLE this lil guy does for my lashes compared to my old mascara. It doesn't hold a curl at all, might as well wear nothing. I gave it two lippies because it never clumped or smudged (mostly because it did nothing at all).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by beauty12

This mascara adds length to my lashes more then anything. I bought it about three or four months ago and yes, it is drying out but the product is very good. it was my favorite mascara and it still is but i have a couple others that topped my list. i would definitely repurchase this mascara again, it was worth the five or six dollars i spent on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Yay! New HG!! Applies nicely, flexible brush makes it easier to reach inner lashes, not too thick or clumpy and doesn't leave my lashes brittle. Plus super cute tube

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by missmelodyskye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a great drugstore mascara. At first, I didn't have high hopes for it because I've tried (literally) almost all of Maybelline's mascaras and have hated them all. This lengthens, volumizes, and curls my lashes. Sometimes it can be slightly clumpy, but if you work with it a little, the clumps go away. The only dislike I have is that it seems to build up on my upper waterline a little and can feel like "something" is in my eye, but that doesn't happen everytime I use it and the feeling goes away after awhile.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by clinicalcolostomy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this mascara, and I was really eager to try it, but when I applied it, it did absolutely nothing to my lashes. They didn't even look darker, and I had purchased it in "Blackest Black." I layered Pulse Perfection over it and it looked much better, but I'm running low on that mascara, and since it's discontinued, I won't be able to get more. Therefore this mascara was a complete waste, since there's no other way for me to make this mascara work.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by eyes4you

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara, finally I found a good one. Best thing is that it doesn't smudge on me, I have oily eyelids.
Next best thing, it gives my lashes super volume!!!!!
You need a few layers.