Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 1/1/2012 10:33:00 PM

I love this foundation!
When I bought this, i noticed the color selection was bad, there were like six shades, but I tried Soft Beige (coincidentally same name as the NYC foundation I got) and I think I chose the right color.
This applies smoothly (blends easily) and isn't cakey, is long lasting, has no heavy smell, has medium/buildable coverage, a sort of dewy finish without powder... I have no complaints about the actual product.
I'm glad this has a squeeze tube instead of those extremely annoying pumpless glass bottles. It's easier to get the product out, it's a lot lighter, and more compact (a lot of foundations have excess glass around them to make you think you get more product).
And I can't believe this is so much cheaper than most foundations at only $8
Bottom line: awesome so far. The color selection is disappointing though, and this is way lighter than it appears in the tube. But nothing a little bronzer (or Maybelline Instant Age Rewind the Eraser Makeup that's too dark) won't fix.

on 12/29/2011 4:46:00 PM

For the price, I was pretty impressed with this product. After reading reviews here for this product, I went into the store knowing that the shade selection would be minimal, and that the fairest shade might be a little on the darker side. I took a chance anyways and got the fairest shade, and I was impressed, even with my winter skin tone, it doesn't look too dark. I have oily skin so most foundations disappear after a few hours, this one lasted longer than most by itself, and when I used a primer it lasted even longer. Another plus is that it doesn't seem to cause breakouts.

on 12/27/2011 4:39:00 AM

i really like this foundation for when i need a little extra coverage or if i need a foundation with no spf. the finish of this is beautiful, a very lovely satin finish. i love that it is very easy to apply as well. blends very well with just the fingers. no need for a brush or even a sponge. it layers very easily as well, doesn't get cakey or noticable even with multiple layers. does not dry out my skin throughout the day but i don't know what they are talking about with 25 hours. even with my dry skin after my 7-8 hour shift at work this is pretty faded, won't look bad though, fades very naturally but definitely doesn't last any longer than 8 hours and i can imagine on oily skin that would be even shorter. but that is just my experience. overall, i would definitely recommend this lovely formulation for a very reasonable price.

on 12/23/2011 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have this in Classic Beige and i like the formula and the finish it gives.

on 12/22/2011 11:01:00 PM

When I first got this foundation, I was really happy with it. It has great coverage, giving my skin a very smooth and natural look. It also lasts for ages (even though, I haven't really tried the theory of having it on for 25 hrs as it states, but I won't be surprised if it does).

However, after some time of using the foundation, I realised that it started to bring my dry skin out. Now, my skin tone/complexion is normal so there is slight dryness but none to raise concern so therefore, dry skin isn't really a problem for me. But when I applied this foundation, the dry skin seemed to stick out. This is the only reason I give this foundation a 4 out of 5. Nonetheless, I tackled this issue by applying a lot of moisturiser as base before putting the foundation on. Again, the coverage still looked great and it also lasted for hours.

I wouldn't like to discourage you from buying this foundation, bcause I've read previous reviews and no one seems to have the problem with the dry skin thing so it could be that it is only my skin.. :/. This is the only reason I wouldn't buy this foundation again as other foundations don't give me the same problem.

on 12/21/2011 1:23:00 PM

I have very sensitive combination skin and many products break me out easily. I've been trying out so many foundations, including a lot of department store ones, and there was always something wrong with them. Some were too dry, some made my face look oily after a few hours, and some (which was the case with most of them) broke me out very badly. When I came across this foundation I didn't expect a lot from a product of this price range (7-8 EUR), however I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my skin felt very comfortable and after trying it out for a few weeks I realized my skin had stopped breaking out altogether. A couple of people had also complimented my complexion (this had never happened before), and asked me what I do with my skin to make it so perfectly porcelain! This occurred a few times now, so I know that this is a product I should definitely stick to! Only one small downside - it does take a while to dry after you put it on, but once its dry it looks amazing. Also, I noticed that it shows up great on photos too!

on 12/15/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wasn't expecting much from this foundation, but I am happily surprised. Coverage is medium & hides the redness around my nose. Easily blendable, no heavy scent, easy squeeze bottle (not a fan of pumps after my Dior Nude pump broke TWICE), staying power is fantastic (though it slides of my nose like every other foundation), semi-matt finish (NOT cakey at all compared to EL DW). Shade selection is POOR especially for those with yellow undertones. I have to mix this with a green base to tone down the pink but other than that, I am really happy with this foundation. Not my HG, but I like it enough to use frequently as I don't feel like I am wearing a mask with this foundation.

on 12/13/2011 10:29:00 PM

I need a medium to full coverage foundation recently due to my monthly breakouts and stress. But I don't want to spend over $40 for a liquid foundation for occassional use. Therefore, after research on makeupalley.com, I come up with the idea to try this product and it is only $7 Canadian on sales, doesn't hurt to give it a try. I end up loving tis foundation for varies reasons. 1. the foundation is in a tube which means I can use up every single bit of the product with no wastage and the package makes travel friendly too. 2. Color matching is perfect. I am NC 25 and I 've bought True Ivory, the second lightest shade. I may want to try one shade darker in the Summer time and all shades look realistic to me 3. It is hydrating but also long lasting. Since hydrating foundation has more slip than regular long last foundation, it usually run even with primer and powder, consider my skin is combination and extremely oily on my nose, just my nose area. But this foundation is truly long lasting but not drying at all 4. It covers really really really well, perfect my skin but still looks dimensional and natural. 5. Inexpensive, way cheaper than regular drug store foundation and excedding department store's quality. However, I only recommend this foundation thowho have normal to dry to dry skin typed. As I have mentioned before, it is hydrating and I need to use powder to keep the foundation in place. However with powder on top, it foundation really gives a long lasting finish that up to ten plus hours with one blotting. I think it is worthy to try.
Edit: it is still good for occassional use whenever I need a full coverage foundation. However, it is quite sticky and I don't think it could be a HG for everyday use, unless for those who need full coverage everyday and dry skin.
Edit: too think

on 12/12/2011 7:21:00 PM

*This product has very high reviews from those in my age group, and for good reason!

After 10+ years of powder and mineral foundations I had a yearning to try a liquid foundation with a brush application. I use Alima mineral foundation (Olive 1) in the scorching hot summers here in GA and discovered BE (Fairly Light) last year for winter (its finish worked well on me in the cooler months). But I thought - hmm, foundations have changed so much, maybe one will work for me and my older complexion needs. I read and heard many raves about this Rimmel foundation on MUA and also from BeautyBroadcast/EmilyNoel83, but WOW the packaging makes the shades look soooooo dark! I don't know how many times I went out to buy this for the first time but changed my mind again and again after looking at the shades. Ultimately I held the different shades/tubes in the sunlight thru the store window and chose #103 True Nude, and it's a perfect match for my light olive skin - no pink or orange tones at all. I also bought an Ecotools foundation brush and began my new journey! Okay now.....I'm in love. The coverage is fabulous! Smoothing it on my face with the brush and watching the surface of my skin change and improve is a lovely experience, not unlike applying mmu but one uses slower, even strokes with this foundation. I have found that I don't need a primer with this due to its dimethicone ingredients, but I do use my ELF Mineral e/s primer under my eyes. I can use undereye concealer before or after foundation; if I apply foundation first, I apply it under my eyes with the brush, then pat in - this foundation makes a huge difference alone on my dark circles! I then use CS's Eye Brightener over that or simply brush a bit of mineral concealer over the foundation - perfect. If I find that I need extra coverage on a blemish or a scar, I dab a bit more foundation on where it's needed with a tiny brush....let it dry for a couple seconds, then pat to blend. My skin looks beautiful. I'm setting this with either my CS HD loose powder or EDM's Sunlight Finishing Powder, which I'm trying. I've used my fingers to apply this foundation but I much prefer the brush application; I feel that I'm using less product this way. Mind you, it's cold here right now, but I don't find oily breakthrough a problem. I can't imagine this lasting in the summer here; it's so hot at work sometimes and my face perspires so. Still what a pleasure it is to use now - I'm really loving it. No problems with creasing or patchiness on my skin or over my skin's 54 yr. old texture (yeah, that's what I'm calling it); it looks perfect all day long and feels smooth to the touch. Regarding the dark-looking tubes: Buy it at Walgreens or Ulta (as I did) so you can exchange the shade if you need to. And compare the TONE of the tubes' shades - cool, warm, neutral - in some natural light at the store's window. As I said, I'm quite light and #103 is perfect. I can't rave enough about this product or the great experience I'm having using it! Oh and....it's so inexpensive! xoxoxo

This is my HG foundation!! I would say it has medium coverage, but it is buildable to become heavier. It covers all my blemishes, acne spots, and redness. I have very oily skin, and this foundation kept my face shine-free the entire day (7am - 7pm). I'm sure it lasts longer, but I haven't had an occasion where I would be wearing makeup so long yet. It doesn't feel like you're wearing a mask, looks very natural and flawless, and it is EXTREMELY blendable! And the squeeze tube makes it easy to control how much product you get. The only bad thing I have to say is that the color selection is very poor. There aren't many shades available for darker skinned ladies as well as paler ladies. The 100 seemed darker than the 103, which was odd. But overall, I would HIGHLY reccommend this foundation to anyone!!