Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Glyceryl Stearate , Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Propylene Glycol , Stearic Acid , Copernicia Cerifera Wax Carnauba , Triethanolamine , Acrylates Copolymer , Synthetic Wax , Polyvinyl Alcohol , Lecithin , Propylene Carbonate , Oleic Acid , Alcohol Denat , Xanthan Gum , Benzyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Trisodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Glycerin , Panthenol , Ethylparaben , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Simethicone , Propylparaben , Iron Oxides , Ultramarines May Contain , Titanium Dioxide May Contain

on 7/15/2005 8:28:00 PM

i love this mascara a lot. it makes my lashes very thick and hold a curl very well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

*sigh* I've always been devoted to Cover Girl, but for some reason their mascaras just don't do it for me. I HATED Fantastic Lash, as it did nothing but darken my lashes. This does more... I guess... but definitely not in the way that it seems to be doing for most other reviewers! I wasn't blown away as I'd hoped to be. Yeah, it coats thicker than Fantastic Lash, but I have to really load it on. As for lengthening, not really. Would I repurchase... I guess, at least until I find something that sends me dancing down the makeup aisle in a lovely lash daze. ;p
***update 11/19/05*** Well I ended up coming back to this a while back, finishing the tube, and repurchasing. And I like it better than I had initially so I'm giving it 4 lippies now instead of 3.

on 7/3/2005 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Holy fat & long lashes Batman! How did i ever pass on this mascara before?

Never trusted anything from CG & always considered Lancome/L'Oreal to be great drug-store vanguards of all-things-mascara... but now i've changed that opinion. i used to adore Fantastic Lash ever since it came out, but i broke my tube a couple of days ago & store ran out, looked for alternative & found MUA's review of Super Thick Lash. Holy Moly momma - one try & i LOVE IT!!!!

Cost: so cheap!

Availability: easy access!

Effects: thick fat lashes without getting crazy clumpy. My lashes looked dramatic and glamorous. Not brittle/spidery/dry either.

Great mascara if you've got medium-long lashes which are sparse & need some oomph to it. LOVED IT!

No smudges. No flakes. Easy to get off (i use Shopper's Drug Mart foaming cloths).

1 note though: salesgal said there's a prob. w/ the packaging -after 3 wks something breaks - will update if it happens. Other than that re: price, effect, availability, super staying power, no smudging/flaking & easy-off. BUT - find Fantastic Lash to still be my HG.

UPDATE: Shove Off Fantastic Lash - it's Super Thick Lash forever and ever baby! yah! People have asked me if i wear falsies (lashes luv.. lashes).

on 7/3/2005 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A dime store winner for length, thickness, and manageability. No smearing or flaking. A staple!

on 6/28/2005 1:41:00 PM

A kind swapper included a tube of this in a swap and I have fallen in love with it. It makes my lashes so long, seperated and thick. Doesn't smudge or run. The applicator isn't too awkward and big or to small. It's cheap too, so it's even better. Plus I love the unique shape of the brush handle.

on 6/17/2005 11:44:00 PM

Ok...so far, so good for this mascara!!!!!!!! Gives me thick, luscious lashes and coats sooo easily. Definitely can be used for drama and not just a day-time look. The only problem would be that it doesn't hold a curl THAT well...but everything else about it is very good!!! I'm impressed!

on 6/16/2005 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I LIKE THIS MASCARA ALOT. BEFORE THIS I WAS USING MAYBELLINE GREAT LASH, AND IM NOT TO SURE WHY IT'S THE BEST MASCARA. ITS TOO WET, AND I DONT LIKE THE BRUSH. SO I USE IT AS A PRIMER SOMETIMES WITH OTHER MASCARAS. BUT ANYWAYS COVER GIRL'S SUPER THICK LASH IS GREAT, THE BRUSH IT GOOD SO IT WONT MAKE YOUR LASHES STICK TOGETHER. I CAN LAYER THIS ON COAT AFTER COAT AND IT WONT CLUMP. THEY LOOK DARK,THICK,LONG,AND SEPERATED. AND IT WASHES OFF EASILY WITH SOAP&WATER.SOME SAY IT DOESN'T LENGTHEN MUCH BUT I THINK IT LENGTHENS WELL, MAYBE THAT'S BECAUSE I HAVE NATURALLY LONG & CURLED LASHES. IT GIVES ME THE SUPER LONG THICK FLUTTERY LOOKING LASHES WHEN I WIGGLE THE BRUSH THROUGH LASHES ON THE FIRST COAT AND FOR THE SECOND COAT JUST GO STRAIGHT UP. SOME OF MY FRIENDS THINK IM WEARING FAKE LASHES. BUT OVER ALL I THINK IT IS A GREAT PRODUCT.

on 6/8/2005 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I decided to try this after reading reviews on MUA. I found this mascara tended to "ball" at the ends of my lashes. It also dried out my lashes. It definately "thickens" the lashes in a messy type of way, however, it doesn't lengthen. I definately believe that the higher-end mascaras work a lot better than this and there is no comparison. Oh well, I am off to spend the last of my paycheck on YSL faux cils or Chanel's instant lash.

on 6/5/2005 5:23:00 PM

I usually don't by makeup from the drugstore- but I read so many great reviews on this product- so i decided to try it- and it was AWESOME. This mascara didn't clump my lashes, and it really made it perfectly long, and pretty- just the way I wanted it.It was really easy to apply it- and i didn't have to spend so much time fussing over my lashes.

on 5/26/2005 8:22:00 PM

I'm the LAST person to buy something thats made by Cover Girl(I wore CG in high school but now I stay away from it), but having watched Americas Next Top Model I got suckered in to buying a new mascara. I came here to check out the reviews and decided to give STL a try. Not only was it super cheap(about 3 bucks at walmart), the packaging was cute too. I have been really pleased and surpised by how well this mascara works-it really does separate and lengthen your lashes. You really can't go wrong with at least trying it..c'mon its less than 4 bucks!