eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

The only reason I bought this was because I wanted to hold it in my hand. It is just so darn cute!! I am out of it now, and won't repurchase. The actual product is not that moisturizing, and it's a lot oilier than other lip balms. Packaging is a 5 out of 5 though. Why can't more lip balms be this cute?!?

on 6/9/2012 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

The pros of this lip balm is it smells delicious, and it looks super cute. The product itself was fine, nothing special though. It felt more like a layer on my lips than a product that conditions my lips. It was fine, but I'm gonna stick to Burt's Bees. I don't think I will buy this again, since I have my hg lip balm.

on 6/7/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

After seeing all the youtube videos featuring this product I managed to track it down on Ebay because it isn't available in the UK so it was roughly £5, which to me seems a lot for a lipbalm that isn't tinted or anything special. Its very cute, and I always get lots of questions about it because it is very unique. I like the smell, it is fruity but it doesn't apply nicely. It feels waxy and not a smooth application. I might try some other flavours because it is a very cute product. But overall, not a HG by any means.

I wanted the strawberry one but couldnt find it and got this instead. love it< 3 packaging is cute and unique but its hard to get the last of it out and it takes up alot of room. i use this everyday and would rebuy the same flavor tho i still want to try the strawberry one. it moisturizes okay. my lips are not that chapped. might not be for you if you need alot of moisture. love that its natural and animal cruelty free :)

on 6/6/2012 2:11:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this. Like others here I wanted to love the Summer Fruit flavored one, with its cute shape and bright coral color, but it smells terrible, like rancid sweat (sorry for the graphic description!) and nothing REMOTELY like fruit. On the plus side, I got the green Honeysuckle one and love it! We seem to have only three flavors here in Canada (as usual, everything we get seems to be limited, especially if it started out in the States), the Summer Fruit, the Honeysuckle, and the Sweet Mint which sounds nice but kind of boring. Anyway I still love my Lip Smackers and I'm not paranoid about ingredients, I just care about 1) does it work? and 2) does it taste/smell good? Parabens, sodium laureth sulphate, propyl whatever--it's lip balm, people--don't think anyone ever died from it!!!

I was instantly drawn to the packaging of the product. They are cute, colorful and fun to pull out of a purse. I have had the red summerfuit and the yellow lemon scented balms. After using this product sporadically for a while, I stopped. My friend told me she had thrown hers out because she felt they dried her lips out. I thought she was mistaken and didn't think anything of it. A couple weeks ago, I pulled one of mine out of a drawer and started using it again consistently. Sure enough, my lips have never felt drier. And I was not using it more than three times a day (in other words, it was not a case of overuse). The last straw came when I put it on overnight and woke up with swollen, cracked lips. I have never had an allergy to any lip product, and I have many and have worn chapsticks, lipsticks and lip glosses for years. Some people may not have a problem with it, but if you do, you are not alone. After reading some sites online, I found that this is not an isolated incident. I even read that they contain dehp. Mine is definitely staying in the trash!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

When I saw this at Ulta, I knew I had to have it. The packaging was so cute! Overall, I am really disappointed in this product. I found that it didn't leave my lips smooth, but instead, dry. Its hard to apply if your lips aren't moist, it wont glide across like expected. All in all, I would not buy this again.

on 5/29/2012 10:21:00 AM

purchased the sweet mint one, loved it!
purchased this one - either I got a bad one or it simply doesn't smell nice at all :(

on 5/28/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have about 4 of these in my apartment at various areas. I bought them initially because they were so cute and because of all the great reviews. For me,these just don't do the trick to moisturize my lips very well. For a few minutes they are moisturized, and then I need to reapply every 10 mins. I have since bought new lip balms of different brands that work better for my extremely dry and peely lips. These are very cute, I'll admit that, but that's pretty much it. They also smell pretty nice (I have summer fruit, melon, strawberry and a fruity purple one).

on 5/28/2012 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The packaging is cute, but it really did nothing to my lips. I think it was even drying my lips.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08

Top Rated Lip Treatments