July 22, 2014 | 1676 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by JazzyStef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this product. I had been using a revlon eyebrow pencil before this and the difference is amazing! I love the wax and color with the E.L.F eyebrow kit! I look forward to doing my eyebrows now every morning lol! I would definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by pillblast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. It's the second thing I tried for my eyebrows and it works wonders. I have pretty thick eyebrows and they need to be put in place and the wax does that for me, while the powder fills them in where needed. I use them in dark as I have dark hair and I feel that it darkens them just a bit, which I actually really like.

I would totally repurchase, but I think it will last forever since I don't do my eyebrows with it every day. Anyway, my go to product for eyebrows when I go out and I have some time to put in them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by aggiemaye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was on a budget (jeez that's a surprise) and wanted to try something different from my usual bodyshop brow pencil, which I have to repurchase quite often, as I continue to break it (clumsinessometer 10 out of 10). Anyway, after reading that it is quite dark I chose the light version.
The packaging is okay (especially for the price), nice that it has a mirror, if I'm on the go (of course I always forget one, with my memory of a 70 year-old dementia sufferer). HOWEVER, the applicator is (or was- I've dropped it and that was it) a bit crappy- real, real small. Overall, I loved the warm shade, which looks nice with my complexion.
I was very impressed withs the staying power- it did not smudge throughout the day and my brows, for the first time in my entire life stayed the way i wanted them to be.
On the other hand, people with a cooler and lighter hair and and skintone can find it diffucult to make it work for them.
As for me.... LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. Cheap, good and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Timkerbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this kit. The colour is a perfect match for me (kit in Medium) as I have auburn hair. It doesn't look red, but the brows do get a warm brown colour, so it may not suit everyone.
I am not a fan of the little brush that comes with it. I use the angled side for the wax/gel, but I use ELF's studio angled brush for the powder.

The packaging is nice, it doesn't look cheap and feels sturdy. The product will probably last a long time, but when it runs out I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by alovelyblush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this kit in light, and it's the best eyebrow kit for the cost I have found. The wax is tinted which I really like, and then the setting powder is light but it actually darkens up the wax once you apply it. I have blond/light brown hair so light was the perfect shade for me.

My only gripe about this is that the brush is TINY. It's really nice, but a little difficult to use. I bought an angled brush from the $1 line because I could tell from the website that the kit brush was too small, but it was too thick to give much control for my eyebrows. So instead I use that for shadow. I'm going to use the brush that comes with the kit until I can get a new brush, so it's not impossible to use, but not preferable. I would rather pay $5 for this kit, and get a flesh tone wax with the tinted wax and powder, and a brush that's a few inches longer so I can apply it better.

Otherwise this product is a great value for the price. It's only $3 from the studio line, and I've spent $4 on the N.Y.C. kit and it's not half as nice as the E.L.F. one. So I would still definitely purchase this again even though it does have a few flaws. You just can't be the quality for the cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by JU1CYY69

really great for brows. i have pretty black eyebrows so i got this one is dark. the wax side of the kit is a neutral dark brown while the powder is a slighty red brown.. while i really love this brow kit, i don't actually use the powder side of it. when i use both the wax and the powder, i find my brows too warm toned and also too dark. after experimenting with this kit for a week or so i found that my brows look best with just the wax. the colour of the wax is a really nice shade of brown that looks natural. i usually apply this with the angled brush that the kit comes with (which is pretty good) and if the lines look too harsh, i blend it out with the other end of the brush. next time i order i am definitely stocking up on these babies

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in Dark *and* in Light -- I skipped Medium because of the reviews that said it was red-toned. My brows are dark neutral brown, though I am pale (NC10 or so), and my hair and eyes are medium. I like to maintain the definition of having a strong brow, but I don't want to overwhelm my face.

Here's the deal: The wax part of the Light kit is a medium warm brown (though not very red) and the powder part is a medium taupe, far more neutral. The wax part of the Dark kit is a dark neutral brown and the powder part is a warm brown. I suppose the folks at e.l.f. wanted to give maximum flexibility at each level -- you could mix the wax and powder to get the warmth you need.

However, I use the neutral wax of the Dark kit -- sparingly -- to color just those hairs that are insulting me by growing in white. I use the powder part of the Light kit to fill in any sparse spaces. That works, but I think mixing the two textures is a little clumsy for every day; I prefer the waxy-powder texture of the Anastasia brow powders and I find the colors easier to mix. But if you want a decent brow kit for $3, e.l.f.'s is it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is dark dark dark!!!!! waaay too dark. I have medium brown hair, I bought this in light, the lightest they have, after hearing how dark it was. I have used the powder to "fill in" my brows and it's okay, I don't think I'll use the wax because it is much darker than the powder.

Also, I am not sure if this is just mine or what but, the powder definitely makes my eyebrows look red. So if you are fair, and want light eyebrows (as your eyebrows should be lighter than your hair) than this may not work for you because it has red in it. My hair has red tones in it, so it's okay for me, but my eyebrows are not naturally red looking, so I don't really understand why it is doing this. I would not rebuy this product for this reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by RhinestoneBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in light since I have blond hair, and it's prefect. With light hair you want to go about 3 shades dark on your brows, and this works amazing. I use the gel to fill in a scar I have, and the powder to fill and define the rest of my brow. This is an amazing little kit. I would most def reccomend this to others!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by evolxlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in dark, and it's great! The powder has an almost creamy texture. It blends easily into my brows, and the powder itself is not too dark even with the wax over the top. A small amount of product seems to go a long way with this. It's easiest to start in the middle of the brow and blend outward. It lasts all day, amazingly. The tiny brush it comes with is good quality too. It reminds me of the E.L.F. Studio Smudge Brush. It's a really nice little kit for the price. This is definitely something I will repurchase.