August 21, 2014 | 1330 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by annasounds

OK. I had heard rave reviews about this product from all places so I bought the 100ml without trying a sample. What a mistake! This product is just silicone and fragrance! It did absolutely nothing for my hair apart from a little bit of shine but I already have products for that (which are far better.) I like the fragrance. That's about it. Don't waste your money on HYPE girls! If you want a product to smooth, soften and add shine try aveda style-prep smoother which is a FAR better product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Moroccan Oil has changed my life. Okay - maybe that's a bit of hyperbole but I LOVE this stuff. I have thick, coarse hair that is prone to frizz. From the first time my hairstylist used this on me, I was "sold". I've since got several friends hooked on it too. It's made such a difference for me that I rarely even bother using conditioner any more! My stylist is a sweetie - she picks this stuff up for her clients from the beauty supply and passes them along to us at her cost. But even at full price, Moroccan Oil would be worth it to me because it gives me the sort of hair I've always wanted - shiny, soft, non-frizzy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Lirpalynn

I first received this as a sample from the salon. The tiny sample bottle lasted me at LEAST 6 months with about once a week use. You don't need much, and it is really easy to spill. I purchased the full size bottle about a year after finishing the sample... it took a long time to convince myself it was worth the price. But knowing how long it will last and how nice it leaves my curly, frizz prone hair finally made me decide to go for it. It truly helps keep frizz at bay, even in humid Michigan summers. I tend to use this only on days when I straighten my hair, as I have read warnings about break outs.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by dkubes

I love this stuff! I have really long, really curly hair that I straighten a lot. I don't normally have frizz anyways, but this just makes my hair soft and shiny when I blow-dry it straight. I feel like it contributes to straightening my hair. I just rub a dime size amount through the ends of my towel dried hair and then add some Redkens blow-dry lotion and I can dry my hair in 19 min!!! (that is a super short time, lol, my hair is almost at my waist and super curly- so I feel like this product helps cut down on drying time)

The cons are that the medium size bottle doesn't have a pump and it can get messy trying to pour out an amount. As well, the price is quite high, but since I only wash and dry my hair twice a week product tends to last a while. Either way though, I think the price is worth it since I have not found a comparable product, this is different and way better than biosilk or frizzease.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by eam123

This product is way over priced. I thought it would make my hair less frizzy, but it doesn't really do anything, except make my hair 'feel' a little smoother. And I put a TON in. It would probably make a nice smoother after a blowout, also, the bottle makes for horrible application. Huge spill risk.....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by pinkpointeshoe

This is a miracle worker on my hair. I have thin, wavy, fine hair that is prone to breakage and split ends. A tiny bit of this product on the ends of my hair makes all the difference in the world. I shower at night, and why I style my dried hair in the morning it's softer, shinier, and bouncier. I highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by JScougs

This stuff is great! You only need the smallest amount to make your hair sooo shiny and smooth. PERFECT for them summer. I live in the northeast and the humidity can do terrible, terrible things to my hair. I put a little in when I get out of the shower and then blow dry it with a round brush...amazing results! However I only gave this 4 stars because of the price. Although since you only need a small amount it will last a long time. Word of caution, it is an oil so use SPARINGLY! If not, your hair will be so oily you'll have to wash it all over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by CandyxKiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product!! My hair is constantly being exposed to heat and drying hair products because I'm a model and stylists are paid to tug, heat, and damage my hair. The only thing I have never done is color my hair, but still, I want to take care of my hair as best I can. I also inject a chemotherapy drug weekly (for arthritis), which does nothing good for my hair.

To use this, I just put my fingers over the opening and quickly turn the bottle upside down, then turn it back over. That is all you need! It has never, ever, made my hair greasy with this amount.

Yes, yes, this is full of silicone (the reason I can only give it 4 lippies)... But I currently don't care. I'm very into natural products, but I find that this product works to make my ends feel nice and look shiny.

If I find a good natural alternative, I think it might replace this just so that I'm not using ANOTHER synthetic product on my hair, but I recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by genny1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this stuff so far. I've only bought it a few days ago, but have used it every time after I wash my hair. I have fine hair and the ends are fairly damaged because I used to get highlights all the time, and this product does NOT weigh my hair down. I mainly apply it to the ends and a tiny bit everywhere else. I was even able to curl my hair after using it without any other product and I can actually say my hair never looked better! After I blow dry my hair, it feels insanely silky and smooth. It is amazing!!

The only thing I don't like is the packaging because you have to pour it on your hand. It's also very expensive and smells weird. But this is one of very few hair treatments that I've used that actually give instant results.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by hhozay

I have been using this for about four weeks and have to say I really like it. The first time I used it after washing my hair, I managed to have shiny, luscious hair that had a good amount of weight to it. Usually I hate that overly light and fluffy feel of post-washed hair but this gave me instant texture as well as being soft and sealed. I only use very little and apply mostly to the ends only.